NEW SEASON 4 DETAILS

13»

Comments

• There is no real legacy left behind if she dies.

Lack of Legacy didn't keep others from dying.. throughout the series to date.

For a main character, her death as of now for the last season would seem a little pointless and predictable.

Death can be pointless and predictable and also unpredictable. But not as predictable as another Clem alive and alone ending which has happened THREE times already compared to a spontaneous never before seen death scene.

a death that has no weight.

A weighty death was never a prerequisite for dying. If anything is pointless it would be still giving too much thought to what's impacting current and future characters along with choices beyond this FINAL LAST season when
    Clementine has ended her adventures. Since Javier was so "popular" and invented in the first place, perhaps his true purpose could be to take over anything that comes after Clem's history if they change their mind and come back to the Walking Dead franchise. If even folks like Jesus, Michonne and Rick Grimes aren't safe then no one technically is in that universe for the Walking Dead especially edgy preteen girls when other girls and boys similar in age have not made it.

eRock92 posted: »

I don't think it's time for her to die. There is no real legacy left behind if she dies. AJ is too young to carry the mantle. Clem has no

• edited October 2017

They never dreamed season 1 would of been so successful anyway. They might of planned a sequel just because Walking Dead is a popular cash in. But they weren't apparently thinking too far in the future at that time. Season 2 cast should not have been waisted so much. And you can take that in both cases of meaning. Too many unnecessary deaths and too little potential used. If we had Omid or Christa combined with a few cabin group members and maybe one survivor from Howes that made it into season 3 then they could of done a season around that instead of the Garcia's but the Garcia's could of worked as well like if they had been logical about the focus on them. Should of still been mostly about Clem's history since we have been observing her since day one. To dump this new baseball bastard on everyone's lap out of the blue was a turn off for most after being attached and involved with Lee and Clem since season 1. 75% playable Clem story for New Frontier and around 25% playable Javi story since he was the new rookie on the block. Pun intended.

TJ3046 posted: »

When I look back in retrospect I wish the season 1 cast was never killed off. I know they weren't planning for anymore installments at the t

• "We can't say who just yet but... some of the talent who worked on S1 will be coming back to work on S4

Lilly Confirmed for S4!!!

Graysonn posted: »

They did it 2 hours ago. Was gonna make a thread for it but you beat me to it. The highlights: * "The hardest thing about there bein

• "We can't say who just yet but... some of the talent who worked on S1 will be coming back to work on S4

Lilly Confirmed for S4!!!

They did it 2 hours ago. Was gonna make a thread for it but you beat me to it. The highlights: * "The hardest thing about there bein

• "We encourage you to play Season 2 and 3, even if you haven't you're gonna come into the fourth and final season to get something that is, we think, tonally gonna bookend our series nicely"

fuck yeah no more newcomer shit

• I disagree only because Clem is a playable character. I say that because I feel like stories in games have to be told differently than the like in comics, tv, books, movies. Each medium has their own way of crafting stories. With TellTale's gameplay, our playable character can't just die without a reason or purpose because it is in a way killing us. Lee's death meant something as we saved Clem and redeemed our character from a killer to a savior. The only other TTG that had canon PC deaths (unless I'm wrong and there are others) was Game of Thrones. Depending on how you liked it, that game is an example of PC deaths that felt empty. Like TWD, GOT has similar "rules" about people dying. I honestly think Clem dying is the most predicable outcome this season. With that, the story would have to reach an extremely high bar to make up for the predicable story. Keep in mind, I'm talking about playable characters. Supporting roles and other non-playable characters, I believe, follow a different premise.

Also, Clem's alone ending is determinate. Sure, she ended up alone for an unspecified period of time prior to meeting The New Frontier. However, that's an unknown amount of time, and she's with AJ. Even with Season 1, she was alone until she saw Christa and Omid in the distance. Clementine being kicked out of The New Frontier (aside from the alone ending) is the only time she is truly alone for a long duration of time.

Also, just because someone's adventure is over doesn't mean they have to die. You can end a story where the arc wraps up nicely but the character is alive. I feel like just killing of a character because their story is over is just as bland story telling as giving someone a happily-ever-after ending. I feel like the TWD universe can have solid, completed story arcs without the need for them to end in death or breaking the atmosphere of the universe. It just takes creativity. I don't want to walk away from the final season like I felt with GOT and just have this unsatisfied feeling after a PC died.

Per usual, this disclaimer is informing all that the above comment are those representing the view and opinions solely of eRock92, LLC. These views were and are not paid and/or sponsored by outside parties including but not limited to: TellTale Incorporated, Skybound Entertainment, the state of California, Pepsi-Cola, Rodger Goodell, and Donald Trump's toupee.

Ladariel posted: »

There is no real legacy left behind if she dies. Lack of Legacy didn't keep others from dying.. throughout the series to date.

• edited October 2017

I say that because I feel like stories in games have to be told differently than the like in comics, tv, books, movies.

You may feel that way mostly due to the true difference with games is they have elements of choice within the story while comic books and screen plays have one linear story that doesn't divert based off what the main character is destined to decide. And that is understandable up until you get to your last game where comes decisions cease to really matter beyond the end. Would it really be something to look forward to if Clem joined another group and they lived happily ever after in a supposed horror fiction story when no one can see what happens with life after this conclusion in the next season because it's been cancelled? This type of end for Clementine could of been done at season 2. Especially since they brought in the focus on Javi for New Frontier.
    Pretty much any ending done aside from Clem dying is the actual "predictable" ending because it's been done time and again. She goes off alone mumbling something hopeful= done (ANF).
    Alone in field=✓(S1)
    Alone in field with baby= Haven't we seen something like that for season 2 and guts?
    Alone with baby and one other survivor= Jane/Kenny and Clementine at Howes or walking off in the distance.
    Alone with baby at a new unknown camp=Wellington
    Alone at a camp without a baby= Wellington if AJ never made it.

As you can imagine there is not much left to explore that will be moving or impactful for a ending especially for the final of finales. You and a few others I noticed seem to enjoy comparing other works of fictions with this one. Fine but they are like oranges and apples because they come from different genres of atmosphere. Walking Dead is supposedly to be horror. And depressing endings are the norm. Mass effect or willy Wonka aren't exactly horror so comparing there main characters with death isn't common occurrences. happy PB&J picnic endings under the sunset. Unless it somehow makes perfect sense which isn't that likely in horror. I can't remember a horror movie or game with a smiley ending. Games might be a slight difference with story because of the variables of choice but it's still a story written by a team at the end of the day.

The only ending that would stick with the audience and not have been done in the past appears to be Clem's demise and makes sense when you add Javier to that equation. Otherwise what was his real purpose other than pissing off Clem fans and fans of season 1? He was likely the prototype to see how well he'd be accepted to take over the story completely from Clem I believe. Now that he was making folks upset. They decided to return to Clem after he was the main star of season 3. Why would they even do this other than not knowing what their doing? LOL I would guess maybe Javier takes over and since I think probably the majority doesn't like him over Clementine anyhow they'll just say Javier now runs Richmond after having to bury Clem. It's weird and don't take what I say about the plot without a grain of salt but it's just an example of Javi and Clem and their ultimate purpose. Nobody cared about Javi more than Clem so if he died in the last season few would get distrought enough. Clem going down would be just as bad or worse than the emotional Lee send off.

But we will just have to agree to disagree but I don't see any other type of ending being satisfactory for the long term. And it's definitely long term after this game so let's pray they finally get it right.

P.S. another note about the predictable death deal. So when does it ever become not predictable? So many people have been saying that since season 2 in order to I guess "protect" Clem from the writers that Clem dying at any point after Lee's death it's predictable and essentially dumb and therefore she shouldn't die unless the writers and company wish to face contempt and ridicule. LoL If that's the case she could live to 60 years old and have done 10 seasons and folks would say her dying is still predictable. This rationality makes Clem immortal indefinitely. And the plot not exciting. I have no fear for Clem if I always knew she'd be fine like a Supergirl. If Clem makes it post S4 then 5 to 7 years later I will want another game with her in it because ya know why not what's she up to these days? No thanks for any fanfiction.

eRock92 posted: »

I disagree only because Clem is a playable character. I say that because I feel like stories in games have to be told differently than the

• "The hardest thing about there being a final season is everyone yelling at us saying "Does that mean Clementine is gonna die?"...that's not neccesarily the case

If she dies, then we all know that they should have ended the story with Season 2.

Robert Kirkman and other Skybound people were in the writing room for the final season 'hammering out the details'

OMG, please no more Comic characters in the game. They showed no purpose to Clementine's story at all.

Clementine will be playable every episode

That's one of the things I was expecting in A New Frontier, goddammit. It's literally the same thing you told us about the third season and the final game didn't have what you mentioned.

"We can't say who just yet but... some of the talent who worked on S1 will be coming back to work on S4

I doubt it will be Sean Vanaman cause he is already working on his new IP in Campo Santo so I don't have good expectations.

"A lot of the themes, ideas and maybe even characters that were explored in the first season are kinda still on the table to bookend as a final season"

Ah, so I'm supposed to expect some idea recyclements from the previous game?

enter image description here

Also, no. I know people want to know what happened to Lilly and Christa but it's too late for them because the new writers won't have any idea what they'll do and they'll just kill them off like Kenny and Jane.

"We encourage you to play Season 2 and 3,** even if you haven't** you're gonna come into the fourth and final season to get something that is, we think, tonally gonna bookend our series nicely"

Are you fucking kidding me, Telltale? How are you gonna make a great conclusion if you're just gonna bring new players to an end of a story? They will not have emotions at all.

Melissa will be coming back to VO Clem but "I can't say any other actors or any other characters" (hinting at returning characters?)

Yeah yeah, we were actually expecting Ashley Johnson or Laura Bailey to play Clem in the final season. It's like Melissa didn't confirm that in Telltale Summer Update.

Will probably come out probably around Spring/Summer, maybe around April/May (could shift, but aim is Q2)

I will not play the next season if it comes out in Spring because I gotta focus on my last grade.

They had a big meeting recently - Job says they seem to have a plan for how the story will start and end

I bet you will change your mind right before the launch.

"How many writers are on this?" Lot of people kicking ideas but will boil down to a couple of writers with other people.

How about have professional writers instead of hiring a lot of non-gaming writers?

• If she dies, then we all know that they should have ended the story with Season 2.

They should've ended it with Season 1.

I know people want to know what happened to Lilly and Christa but it's too late for them because the new writers won't have any idea what they'll do and they'll just kill them off like Kenny and Jane.

Remember that Jane and especially Kenny were determinant characters, whereas Lily and Christa were both chased offscreen with the intention of following up on them.

AronDracula posted: »

"The hardest thing about there being a final season is everyone yelling at us saying "Does that mean Clementine is gonna die?"...that's not

• They should've ended it with Season 1.

Maybe but the conclusion wasn't perfect.

Remember that Jane and especially Kenny were determinant characters, whereas Lily and Christa were both chased offscreen with the intention of following up on them.

I doubt they'll have good development.

DabigRG posted: »

If she dies, then we all know that they should have ended the story with Season 2. They should've ended it with Season 1. I kn

• Maybe but the conclusion wasn't perfect.

What do yo mean?

They should've ended it with Season 1. Maybe but the conclusion wasn't perfect. Remember that Jane and especially Kenny were d

• It ended with a cliffhanger.

DabigRG posted: »

Maybe but the conclusion wasn't perfect. What do yo mean?

• edited October 2017

...So? Clementine is alive and able to move on with her life, Christa and Omid were established to be out there looking for her and Lee, Kenny and Ben determinately had a meaningful sendoff, and there were characters that had left the story on their own terms since Telltale had the common sense to let it be and leave some things hanging back then.

It ended with a cliffhanger.

• Telltale are NOT gonna change there ways now,bringing back folks who worked on season one is not gonna ressurect anything now,the series has been ruined,if it's writing talent they may add some content to the story making it stronger but the core of the game has been tarnised.

new factions/new groups/new communities/new bosses ...A very tired old same formula

expect Clem to die as it will add a moment like Lee dying there trying to recapture...

the nostalgia act won't wash either as tried with the flashbacks,worst thing they done was making the cast of season one desposable for the sake of it,they should of kept the core of the group intact with Kenny,Christa,Omid, reuniting properly with Clem in season two,and built on the success of season one ,not getting rid of two main members of it 5 minutes into the game...

no one saw the announcement from Telltale because the series has lost fans with every terrible sequel they bring out

• been saying that for years,the characters from season one are the building blocks of the game.

Mawrak posted: »

When I look back in retrospect I wish the season 1 cast was never killed off. Killing all the characters was part of why the game wa

• Yesss!!!! I knew Carly was coming back...

I told yall Christa would be comin back lol

• Clementine is my favorite character from this series and many more fans. Clementine is the heart of the series and for that reason I believe that TellTale will let us the players determine the fate of Clementine. Some video games try to let players determine the fate of their characters only to not to kill off the main character because they want to continue the series. However, this being the final season of the series should enable TellTale to have players determine what fate Clementine is destined for, surviving, dying to save AJ, bitten, whatever it should be up to the players. I think this would make the ending for the series that much more personal and enable everyone to have drastically different story.

• This would indeed be neat. I recall seeing a few other ideas along this general train of thought as well.

Clementine is my favorite character from this series and many more fans. Clementine is the heart of the series and for that reason I believe

• It’s literally the same thing you told us about the third season

Technically it wasn’t because I distinctly remember them saying we will be able to play as both Javier and Clementine, not a full game with Clementine or 50/50 split, they just said we’d play as both, and that’s what happens, telltale we’re very particular with their words and most fans seemed to misunderstand (and yes I am talking about the E3 event that I did watch)

"The hardest thing about there being a final season is everyone yelling at us saying "Does that mean Clementine is gonna die?"...that's not

• edited October 2017

That bitten part you mentioned has me intrigued.... I want an ending where Clem is bitten, left alone, everyone she knows is dead (I don’t follow the comics so if Richmond is not mentioned or not standing then have it destroyed when Clem returns) then have clem leaning against a wall, slowing falling down against it and then crying into her arms before dying, giving the player a final choice to finish off the series: shoot yourself or let yourself turn, putting a heavy weight on the player making them either kill the girl they wanted to protect for 4 seasons or letting her turn so they won’t have to kill her directly. Darkest. Ending. Ever. I personally wouldn’t go for that ending but if telltale implemented it I would be so happy

• The only point I really partly disagree on is the comic character inclusion. Yes, Hershel, Shawn and Jesus could've effectively been replaced by random nobodies and we'd still have the same results, and so far, the Michonne mini-series technically hasn't been useful/used in any of the Walking Dead's lore. However, Glenn was crucial to relieving Clem of her other walkie (which was needed to communicate with Clem and have her save Lee when he met her at her house) which in itself was part of the Stranger plot-line, and Lilly originally having the same backstory as Caul led to how the plot developed between all 5 episodes. But I do think that, at this point, it probably won't help for them to try to involve any comic characters (would be great to see someone introduced in the Michonne mini, though).

• I would also like to add that there is always the (however unlikely) chance that they could retcon events of previous seasons using the final season's recaps, flashbacks, or dialogue.

• While I do like him and think he's the best cameo, Glenn could've been removed in favor of giving Doug more screentime. Would've made the Irene sequence make a little more sense, too.

The only point I really partly disagree on is the comic character inclusion. Yes, Hershel, Shawn and Jesus could've effectively been replace

• There is some theory that she lied about her radio being broken. The only thing she used to fix the walkie is Stranger's batteries. Nobody said something about replacing chips or things that makes the radio not work.

The only point I really partly disagree on is the comic character inclusion. Yes, Hershel, Shawn and Jesus could've effectively been replace

• Well if we are going to go that route...we could blame Kenny for Lee's death because he was the one the pushed the theft of the Stranger's food.

In the end the problem was kindness....kindness will kill you if you let it. Lee did not want to break Clem's heart and never told her the truth that they were dead.

Did Lee really sacrifice himself for Clem like Kenny kind of tried doing for Ben and Christa or was it more along the lines of BECAUSE of Cl

• edited October 2017

Reaching that far away for accountability begins to sound like butterfly effect territory. We could then also say if it weren't for the St. John's losing their captives then the gang never would of found the station wagon or if Brenda never had children. It's highly likely however that during the "recent" times that if Lee never went looking for missing Clem then he would not have gotten bit outside on the sidewalk. Because there would be no need for him to worry so much over Clem to let his guard down and as a result get bitten easily.

• What about if Clem is bitten and then she has to make a choice of leaving AJ with Javier and his family or has to abandon him and save herself by amputating the bite? I think that would be a heartbreaking scenario. I doubt they would do that but I refuse to have Clementine be in the comics because our choices shaped her and if this is the true last season I expect an either happy ending or one that will end Clementine's story without the need of having to buy a comic and see Clementine become a minor character and disappear for many issues without being scene and having her make choices we never would've chosen with our Clementine.

• Brenda never had children

Um...I'm sorry, you wanna run that by Shoula again?

Reaching that far away for accountability begins to sound like butterfly effect territory. We could then also say if it weren't for the St.

• edited October 2017

Basically speaking situational hypotheticals here for how Lee could had ultimately avoided being bitten at the time he was. If Brenda never had children perhaps Lee's group never would of gotten invited to the farm and captured then avoiding the strangers station wagon and eliminating the strangers need for revenge by taking Clem to cause Lee to go searching and getting bitten.

• edited October 2017

Pegleg Clem theory, she'll get bitten on the leg determinately while trying to save herself or someone else at the end of an episode around one of the later episodes, you think she'll end up like Lee but she wont. If you didn't get bit episode 5 will have a short time skip, if you did obviously she'd need time to recover/ get a prosthetic, so instead it will be around a 3 week timeskip and she'd have a slight limp, I could see that being a good consequence to whatever actions they throw at us. Maybe it'd feel too similar to season one, but meh, could be cool, determinant limbs, or even losing her hat by the end of the season determinately.

• ...That's a specific ass condition, but okay.

Basically speaking situational hypotheticals here for how Lee could had ultimately avoided being bitten at the time he was. If Brenda never

Sign in to comment in this discussion.