Improved fighting?

edited October 2017 in The Walking Dead

What if you could fight zombies like MCSM and not just tapping buttons (and my nerves) and just walk up to the fuckers yourself and press a shoot button during those moments?

Tagged:

Comments

• S1 tried to implement better gameplay (trying to hide behind the tractor while moving, FPS segments, sniper sections, etc) - I’d like to see that kind of experimentation come back; they just kind of... dropped them.

• Get more Wolf Among Us fighting action

• This sounds pretty cool actually, but I think it should be an option.

• Exactly

This sounds pretty cool actually, but I think it should be an option.

• edited October 2017

I would like to see combat like it was in s2e2 at the bridge scene. You have options of what weapon to use, and then you have the option of which body part to attack.

I liked it because it made your choices matter.. some combat choices are simply better than others. Long rebar > machete, attack the legs > attack the stomach area, etc.

• The best combat was in Michonne. ANF combat was just lazy.

• Remember when they were at that gas station going to Richmond, and you had to keep tapping to shoot the walkers under that bridge? Lol

The best combat was in Michonne. ANF combat was just lazy.

• I hated that

Remember when they were at that gas station going to Richmond, and you had to keep tapping to shoot the walkers under that bridge? Lol

• Oh god...that was bad...it is especially infuriating when you consider that Michonne ended earlier in 2016...so it is like they had to actively decide...hmmm you know that cool combat we did in Michonne and the combat they are doing in the Batman game? Lets do none of that...it is too hard.

Remember when they were at that gas station going to Richmond, and you had to keep tapping to shoot the walkers under that bridge? Lol

• But MICHAEL BAY YAY awesome ACTION!

Awful. Anyone remember RE6? And how it so heavily focused on set pieces full of action to try and step a foot into the dominant market, not realizing the dominant COD market was because people were wrapped up in the competitive scene, not the half assed set piece campaign?

God, recognize your audience, and stop trying to appeal to others who couldn't give two shits about the game. Horrid story and gameplay meant to appeal to casual kids. Fuck happened to the dark nature of seasons 1 and 2? Damnit.

• God, recognize your audience, and stop trying to appeal to others who couldn't give two shits about the game.

DUUUUDE!! Telltale READ!!

But MICHAEL BAY YAY awesome ACTION! Awful. Anyone remember RE6? And how it so heavily focused on set pieces full of action to try and ste

• edited October 2017

If the choreography was better (TWAU quality) then I probably wouldn't mind just tapping buttons. The problem with ANF's action sequences was that it was all the same; press Q to kill a zombie.

It felt like we were just pressing buttons because the gameplay in front of us was, to put it simply, boring. For it to have worked, the players need to be hyped up and immersed. Heres a good example of it actually working: https://youtu.be/ze4R4Zu59tE?t=341

Thats just my two cents on the topic. But yeah, I definitely agree with your suggestion as well.

• Well the ending was kinda dark cos Gabe either sees his own step-mother as a walker or a dead walker, Javier is forced to either kill his own Nephew or have his Nephew kill himself, Gabe could also watch his own father die and then have to put him down himself, and also in 2 situations, so the endings are very dark. The other darkest part I can think of rn is having a 10 year old shot in the back of the head for no reason and crushing badgers skull with a baseball bat

But MICHAEL BAY YAY awesome ACTION! Awful. Anyone remember RE6? And how it so heavily focused on set pieces full of action to try and ste

• Idk if the PS4 is different from the pc but we got to tap the 4 main buttons, and we got to use the analog stick to do certain actions with the gun, as well as the actions with the up arrows, etc. so it was a bit more exciting than pc apparently.

cleminist posted: »

If the choreography was better (TWAU quality) then I probably wouldn't mind just tapping buttons. The problem with ANF's action sequences wa

• edited October 2017

We need some quick paced combat in season 4 like in far cry 3 when you battle Hoyt, which is why we need Javier back for at least a few minutes in the game as a playable character, and just leave the walkers to Clementine since she can’t fight ppl for shit. I want to be able to fight someone where I have about a single second to react to what button is on the screen, making it more intense and interesting, and the fight also needs to go on for about 30 seconds at least, maybe one minute.

• I didn't really like the combat in those games.

Oh god...that was bad...it is especially infuriating when you consider that Michonne ended earlier in 2016...so it is like they had to activ

• Well you are entitled to your opinion....but as far as Telltale goes...those are the best...along with GoT of course...but unless they were going to add a more robust engine...those are as good as you will get.

I didn't really like the combat in those games.

• I guess, if you cared about Gabe. That was more like the Ewoks during any part of RotJ, I was just wondering why they were a thing. Marianas derp expression ruined the moment for me though, she had 4 lines, still in too much disbelief about the blatant attempt to capitalize on Negans popularity with a "good negan" to get into the last part.

Fuck it man, it's done, it's done. Been a while since I last saw ya Melton, how's ya been?

Melton23 posted: »

Well the ending was kinda dark cos Gabe either sees his own step-mother as a walker or a dead walker, Javier is forced to either kill his ow

• edited October 2017

It’s been pretty shitty the last few days cos I busted my pc’s internet USB stick so I have no internet on there, so I asked my dad to drill a hole in the wall and set up an Ethernet cable to go through and into my room but the hole was too small, so now we need a bigger drill bit, which the retail store has run out of so i’m kind of pissy. Not to mention that my last gf cheated on me which made me flip my shit at her. But i’m nit letting this stop me from being positive

• That sucks. What about running it under the door? I had a OG Xbox and PS2, I was staying with my grandparents at the time so I was staying on the second floor, I bought like a 40 foot or so Ethernet cable from radioshack and what we did was run it along the floor using a stable gun. I put it along the wall going up the steps, but when it had to go across the floor, stapled it down in a way that was secure enough no one would trip. Goes without saying you don't actually puncture the wire, you center it with the staple gun it hits the floor around the wire, it worked pretty well.

Sorry about your girl. I'm not gonna tell you to forget about it and such, that never happens. Be open with people though. Let the ones that want to be there, be there. It's always going to sting, I know. There's no forgetting about it, but you can move past that pain, in time.

Melton23 posted: »

It’s been pretty shitty the last few days cos I busted my pc’s internet USB stick so I have no internet on there, so I asked my dad to drill

• edited October 2017

I don't know what anyone's talking about with "cool combat" from michonne. That game was entirely forgettable.

But why can't they do more unique scenes like clementine being chased in all that remains, or bonnie in the cornfield from 400 days? Just something that's more a of a game than an interactive cutscene (Even though it still is)
    As I recall, Michonne was fucking lazy and boring when it came to action, just fucking buttom prompts. How anyone can think that's better is beyond me.

• I'd like some form of combat gameplay that changes the norm, heck even the FPS segments of the first season were a nice change-up, wouldn't mind seeing something like that again.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.