Emotional Ending for Season 4:The Final Season

So since season 4 is the last season of TWD, it obviously needs to go with a bang,something that'll stick close to you, hit you hard in the feels and even keep you speechless for some time after the ending of the game. What do you think TWD needs to do within its ending to be good.Im not talking about the game in general but rather the needed conventions of a good ending cuz twd is a great series (overall lmao) Watcha think?
i personally made a video on this for those who want to listen:

Comments

• How do I get this ending where he dies

• Have an ending where clem kills herself out of depression or getting bit.

• edited November 2017

I thought up something about a month ago for an ending. It was an unfinished reply to someone else, but here's what I got so far

I guess you could say that her loses in the past have broken her to a point of resorting to this, but as she determinately says in the campfire Kenny flashback; "It's worth dying for".

Clem brings AJ back to Richmond and A big herd made of thousands of walkers (possibly directed by a rival group of people) is heading towards them. Everyone is in a panic and trying to decide what to do. Realizing what this could mean for Richmond, Clem makes the hard decision to go out alone to lure them away. Everyone stands there in shock for a moment when Javi breaks the silence. “No, you can't be serious.” She then explains everything she has been through and cannot bare to see it happen again.

Because of her guilt, her regret from previous actions, and her fear of what she could further lose, her sacrifice would be a way to stop this unending cycle of grief. A way that she could redeem herself from past losses that have hurt her so much, and to insure that no one else dies while she is still able to fight/walk away. Leaving AJ behind will be tough, especially since Lee didn't have the choice when he was in a similar situation, but she is doing this for his, along with everyone else's, safety. All of her other families had been destroyed while she was always able to walk away from the disaster, and each family was broken due to other's sacrifices that could've been avoided. Now, she has a third family in Richmond, a family that helped her to cope with her loss and the emotions that came with it and could possibly take AJ in her absence. She cannot let another family be broken while she is still standing, and she will do whatever it takes to make sure it doesn't, not to mention that the lives of a whole community of people is at stake if she decides to run again.

I can't let this happen again...... Would you look after AJ ... in case I don't come back?

Clementine, I........ I would.

She gets ready to set out and everyone is there to give their last goodbye. When she gets to AJ, who is now able to stand, she kneels down till their eyes are at level height and looks into his eyes for a few moments, hesitant of what to say.

My little Goofball…… I’m sorry that I can no longer be there for you. But….what I’m doing is to keep you safe.” She then pulls him in for a hug. “I love you, Goofball.”, She says as a tear rolls down her cheek. She quickly wipes it away so the others won’t see and sympathize and brings him back so they can look at each other, keeping one hand on his shoulder. ”I may be gone..... but Javi will be here to look after you.” Clem adds, “…And Gabe.” if he is still alive. She then takes off her hat and flips it over to show two words that are written on the inside “Alvin” and “Rebecca” on either side of the size adjustment. “I want you to remember who your parents were." She points to their names. “This is the name of your dad and this is the name of your mom. Both of them died to protect you and they loved you very much.” She then gently puts the hat on his head. AJ, feeling curious about the new object on his head, reaches up to touch it. Due to it being oversized, it tilts to the right and somewhat covers his eye. “Here.” She takes the hat, readjusts it, and puts it back on his head, still slightly tilted as the smallest size adjustment was still too big. She looks back into his eyes and says in a strong, but sincere tone, "Don’t be afraid.”. She then stands and takes a few steps backward, keeping her sorrow filled eyes on AJ. As she stands there, taking in her final moments with the infant, AJ raises one hand, as if reaching out for her, with one of the saddest looks he could give. Javier grabs his other hand to stop him from following. “I’ll miss you, too.”, Clem says calmly, struggling to keep herself from looking as upset as she feels. She then turns around and begins to head for the exit. “Clem.”, AJ urgently says. Clem doesn’t turn to look back this time. If she did, she feared she would change her mind. In seeing her not turn around, he begins sobbing the word, “Clem”. Javier tries to comfort him with a hug. “I know, Buddy…. I know.

Before she leaves Richmond she grabs some supplies from the depot. She is given 3 clips of ammo, a flashlight for when it get’s dark, a few rations, in case she does somehow survive this, in a small backpack, adding to her knife. She walks out of the front gates and down through the barren, empty streets, following the sound of thousands of moaning dead in the distance. With every step she takes the sound becomes louder and louder. When the noise starts to become louder than a whisper, she turns left to walk to the tallest place she can find and waits at the top for the herd to come into view. Slowly they arrive, a countless swarm of the dead making a b-line for the town where New Richmond is located, leaving a dust cloud in their tread. She then takes her pistol and raises it into the air, she takes one more glare at the approaching herd, and fires off three rounds. At first the herd seems unaltered on it’s course. Then, slowly, the stream of walkers begins to curve to her direction. To make sure she got their attention, she fires off the rest of her clip slowly enough to let the walkers pick up her location. She then reloads a new clip into the pistol and waits for them to come into firing distance.

The small stream of walkers seen at a distance gradually turned into a sea of the dead as they come closer, and the quiet moaning became a deafening chorus of misery and mindless yearning for anything to consume. Her adrenaline started to rise as the walkers come into range. She began firing onto the first line of walkers, being careful to make her bullets count. Walker after walker falls to the ground, just to have their body be reabsorbed into the seething mass of rotting flesh in mere seconds. Clem quickly empties her clip with so many targets to shoot and decides to fall back. In her retreat, she replaces the now empty clip with her final clip and pulls out her knife to allow the bullets to last longer. She takes her time finding walkers to strike without being overwhelmed by the walkers behind. She skips the knee trick, since it would take too long to execute, and chooses to stab each walker in the temple for a more efficient kill, kicking back any walkers that get too close while she retrieves her knife from their skulls. She manages to get 12 of them before she becomes exhausted and switches back to her pistol and begins firing off her final rounds. She counts off the shots as she fires. “6….7….8…click” She puts the pistol in her jacket pocket and takes out her knife again. In the middle of her fight, she trips on a root and falls flat on her back. The walkers only feet behind her. In her frustrated panic she manages to kick a walker into the crowd, blocking the others long enough for her to get back up.
    She takes down a few more walkers before her exhaustion begins wear her down. While making a more sluggish stab at a walker she was caught off guard by a walker approaching from the side. Due her exhaustion, she was unable to get out of the way in time and the walker bit down on her right arm. Clem then stabbed the walker in its temple to free herself, resulting in a long strip of leather from her sleeve to tear away. She briefly looked down at her now exposed forearm to check for a bite wound. It seemed that the leather did it’s job to protect her skin from the bite, but she knew that she wouldn’t be so lucky next time.

That's all I wrote, but I think you know how this could end.

• i dunno maybe have some kind of Triple choice in the finale where Clementine and 2 other people she met during the new season/Old characters since telltale has been hinting at returning characters are swarmed by Walkers inside Mcaroll Ranch and the 2 survivors volunteer to stay behind While Clem takes AJ and makes a Run for it with the other survivor you would then have 3 choices:
    Leave survivor #1
    Leave Survivor #2
    or Make a desperate charge
    the first 2 options are very obvious in what they entail as you would see a last scene of the survivor you left fighting off the walkers as Clem and the other survivor escape the Ranch with the Survivor that stayed dying in there eaten by walkers While the 3rd option would result in Clementine not wanting to have anyone else die because of her with The entire group making a dash for the Exit with several QTES appearing Suddenly one of the walkers Jumps clementine in her back but she s Saved by one of the other survivors shooting the walker after a little bit of Walking one of the survivors suddenly notices a Bite Mark on Clem s neck Clem doesnt known how to respond to it as the other survivors are saddened about what happened with her you then get one of 2 choices

• Grab a gun and stop yourself from turning
    • Try to atleast make it to Richmond before succumbing from the bite.
      not sure if its actually a good concept or not but i like it.
  • all these death predictions

clementine living to be 80 sounds like the perfect ending to me.

• edited October 2017

Yah. After we get AJ and bring him to Richmond, there is a flash forward to 66 years into the future. The walkers are long gone, and many cities have been rebuilt. No one still has found a cure for the walker virus, but now they make sure that the brain is destroyed of every person who dies. And Clem's time is soon coming.

ABigBadWolf posted: »

all these death predictions clementine living to be 80 sounds like the perfect ending to me.

• That was really good and entertaining to read (and dis is coming from someone who hates reading)
    Have u considered writing a fan-fiction s4?

I thought up something about a month ago for an ending. It was an unfinished reply to someone else, but here's what I got so far I gues

• Maybe. There's a few things I feel could've been worded better and a little more details added here and there, but overall I guess it's an alright start. It took me whole month just to make this little part (lack of inspiration and procrastination played a big role). What got me to write this in the first place came from music, if you can believe that. I was just planning to have this end with her death, but looking back at where I stopped this has a lot more potential than that. I'll let you know If I decide to continue.

LordSIF posted: »

That was really good and entertaining to read (and dis is coming from someone who hates reading) Have u considered writing a fan-fiction s4?

• Clementine dying would prevent permanent loose ends from sprouting up. It's the only way to have a emotional impactful ending to season 4. Anyone else would just not cut it. If Clem lives and is the biggest focus for the Walking Dead games series then..
    hey why not make more freaking Walking Dead? Why stop? Javi can even take her place for possible future related games to atleast give him a sense of purpose after that New Frontier wreck.

• They might end up doing that its just that the final season s supposed to be the end of specifically Clementine s story so they could just have Javier be the protagonist fully now.

Ladariel posted: »

Clementine dying would prevent permanent loose ends from sprouting up. It's the only way to have a emotional impactful ending to season 4. A

• Not to give the jackasses any ammo here, but it'd really make From the Gallows look even more foolish if that ended up being the case.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

They might end up doing that its just that the final season s supposed to be the end of specifically Clementine s story so they could just have Javier be the protagonist fully now.

• i dunno they could just have Javier hear in Richmond about some trouble with a random Group then have him leave Kate or David in Charge ((Eleanor if Gabe s the only Garcia alive.)) then just have him leave with some people from Richmond and go with the story from there. althought id wish that the New frontier endings had more of an impact then what i just came up with i really dont think telltale would put that much effort into it if they ever decided to revisit Richmond ((Seeing as they said they still have plans for the garcias.))

DabigRG posted: »

Not to give the jackasses any ammo here, but it'd really make From the Gallows look even more foolish if that ended up being the case.

• I suppose there's something to be had there, somewhere.

I just really dislike how they handled the screwed up loose family angle and then made Gabe--the member who was utilized the best in that regard and one of the most developed characters in the installment--determinant at the last minute for no real reason.

Severely limits the payoff of the installment and leaves Javier with little consistent material to work with.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

i dunno they could just have Javier hear in Richmond about some trouble with a random Group then have him leave Kate or David in Charge ((El

• I can’t see a perfect, emotional ending from Telltale for the final season. They should have ended the season after S2.

• edited October 2017

I don't know that it has to go out on an overly emotional ending. Most of the S2 endings were bitter sweet, that could work as long as there's just one. All the different endings in 2 meant that no matter what, she was going down a different road (until A New Low happened and shat on all of that), one solid ending would work fine.

Maybe have Clem return to Richmond with AJ and settle down there, find out that they're now part of a larger network of communities working together, comic communities would be a good idea. Also, Xavier got killed while he was away doing one of the stupid things he's known for, maybe on a pudding run or something, dudes a dumbass and it'd spare me from having to hear his voice again. Worlds still fucked up but she's found a relatively safe place with good prospects for the future, end on a hopeful note that humanity is rebuilding and not following inept leaders.

• Our actions in the final season determine clems ending like if we fuck up all the time and say clem causes aj's death then she kills herself...and if she made everything the not so bad way she gets bit but got AJ on safe lands or hands. Idk how could it end emotionally except these 2 tbh.

• edited October 2017

I want the series to end with Clem walking in the woods. Even though she is perfectly capable of using a knife to kill walkers, she's unloading her magazine on them instead. Because she is that smart now. After managing to kill what seems to be all the walkers, one gets her by surprise and grabs her side... hair... thing. She fights the walker for a while but fails. It bites her on the neck and she dies. Painfully. Due to that stupid hair cut. The end.

Maybe you shouldn't have forgotten Lee's fucking lesson, bitch.

It'd be such an emotional overload. I'd be filled with joy.

• I don't know that it has to go out on an overly emotional ending. Most of the S2 endings were bitter sweet, that could work as long as there's just one.

I agree with this. I've seen several comments in the forum where people expressing wanting to see Clem dying has to be either an option or the option. I have to disagree. A bittersweet ending, like you mentioned, would be fine to close out Clementine's arc. And since TWD is sort of about not having a happy ending, living out in the apocalypse rather than finally dying and ending the suffering is pretty bittersweet.

I think Clem having to leave AJ with whatever group is taking care of him is a good idea for a bittersweet ending. Some of us on the forum (I think) mentioned something like that. Plus, I'm still hoping for a very character reflective final season of Clem where she has to face her personal demons. Maybe the people she meets that final season can represent and/or connect with a certain trait (both good and bad) of Clementine. Maybe to add to the bittersweet nature, she could come to the resolve at the end that these monsters inside her have to exist and be used because it is the only way she can survive. Think of it as her accepting the monster she is, the monster her parents, Sandra, Lee, Kenny, Jane, and anyone else she met would hate for her to be. This would be a cool way to include some Jekyll and Hyde narrative to Clem.

Anyways, I'm way off topic. I agree a single bittersweet ending should do fine. Clem doesn't need to die, but she shouldn't have a happily every after. A solid ending that closes her story would be fine. Plus, the fact she is still alive should fuel some awesome fan creations and speculations. And, giving Clem a bittersweet moment can also be translated to us, the player. Clem is still alive but won't see total peace either from living happily ever after or finally dying and ending it all. The same goes for the player. We will experience closure to Clem's arc but won't be satisfied since her fate will remain a mystery. Anyways, I'm off topic again.

I don't know that it has to go out on an overly emotional ending. Most of the S2 endings were bitter sweet, that could work as long as there

• edited October 2017

How is it not tragic enough that she lives with that bootleg ass Miley Cyrus haircut?

I want the series to end with Clem walking in the woods. Even though she is perfectly capable of using a knife to kill walkers, she's unload

Sign in to comment in this discussion.