[Episode 3 Spoilers] If you get the choice to tell Gordon you're Batman, will you take it?

At this point it feels like it'd be a lot less trouble if Gordon was in the know about all this. In fact, out of every single person in Gotham, Gordon knowing the truth would probably be the MOST helpful and useful. It would have been majorly useful back in season one too.

It especially feels that way in Season 2 considering Waller already knows and we're all trying to stop the same threat. If anything, I feel like I'm putting people in active danger by not just telling Gordon after Episode 3. If he'd been able to arrest Bruce, then we potentially could have not been around to stop a horrible bio-weapon from being put into use. What if, as Gordon threatened, we're put in that position again in the future and Waller isn't there to bail us out in time? Plus, we have a whole huge resource in the GCPD that's chasing the wrong guy instead of combining abilities against SANCTUS.

What do you think?

Comments

• I think all of our problems with Gordon this season are because he doesn't know and hes been kept in the dark about everything. So I would probably choose to reveal.

• Definitely!

• I'd do it. The pros HAVE to outweigh the cons by this point.

• I honestly have no desire to tell Gordon I'm Batman.

• Yes! Wanted to have that option in ep 3.

• The point is, Gordon doesn't want to know

• edited November 2017

Unfortunately, him not knowing is just jeopardizing his relationship with Batman. He thinks he's doing his job (and really, he is) but arresting Bruce would mean that there's no more Batman. Unbeknownst to him, he's just making things worse for himself.

I'd gladly tell him, because currently, the fact that we aren't on the same page is really jeopardizing our relationship, which could lead to him bringing down his most valuable ally. By targeting Bruce, he's "got the wrong guy"... kinda.

JmoooX posted: »

The point is, Gordon doesn't want to know

• If it'll make him stop acting like such a child, I have no qualms about it. Otherwise, Waller can really demote him to meter maid for all I care.

• Actually I kind of gave him a hint on Batman's identity, a very subtle one... I told him once that I will always have His back and in this episode I have picked the "Don't fire Him" dialogue option... You better figure that out on Your own Gordon. I Will ALWAYS have Your back...

• It's inconceivable to me he has not figured it out already. Ever since I told him Lucious was an ally I thought he would connect the dots from here....Apparently he is a bit too thick.

Waller was right to demote him. He is becoming an hindrance even if in the end he is likely to remain our most loyal friend.

• I think Waller stinks and the bond with Gordon should be strengthened. He needs to know, I was totally expecting that during episode 3 and it wasn’t an option. Regarding Waller, I find her untrustworthy, after all she has a hold on Batman because she knows his identity.

• So Waller is untrustworthy because she knows your identity? You'd think the fact about how fair and lenient she's been despite knowing your identity would earn at least a little trust. Waller has been really cool and helped out countless times and she's had to deal with Gordon's blind distrust. Hell, she literally had to save you from Gordon because of his refusal to listen to reason. Honestly I feel that the only reason to distrust her is because Gordon says so. She has yet to actually wrong us in anyway.

Limkey posted: »

I think Waller stinks and the bond with Gordon should be strengthened. He needs to know, I was totally expecting that during episode 3 and i

• edited November 2017

I agree. I thought I was going to have a hard time with them after they were first introduced, but so far the Agency has held back their ruthlessness (towards me, at least. I don't really like what they've done to Gordon). Now, they can break that in an instant when they decide to double cross me for their own benefit, but so far I'm cooperative enough.. I just hope they do the same with me. (at this point it seems like the perfect moment to cut ties with Bruce once they get what they want from the Pact.)

AgentZ46 posted: »

So Waller is untrustworthy because she knows your identity? You'd think the fact about how fair and lenient she's been despite knowing your

• Oh yeah Waller has been really cool... if you obeyed her like a personal lap dog. If you didn't she acts exactly like Gordon does. She's been pushing Gordon since day one and he snapped. He got so desperate to actually catch someone he latched on to whoever he could. And despite her claims, she showed her incompetence numerous times and all she has to say for herself is "Sorry". Gordon's blind distrust? She's the one who constantly demeans him and undermines his authority. Gordon would never try to arrest Bruce if he wasn't put in such a position.

AgentZ46 posted: »

So Waller is untrustworthy because she knows your identity? You'd think the fact about how fair and lenient she's been despite knowing your

• Seriously, all this pro-Waller and ex-Gordon talk has become annoying since Waller hasn’t really done anything to prove herself other than that her agency is really good at either getting fooled, killed, or kidnapped. Gordon isn’t perfect, but I can’t blame him for feeling frustrated with the whole thing since he’s having to let a bunch of incompetent beaureucrats do his job, terribly I might add. Bruce is doing most of the leg work here and Gordon has no idea about that so him getting desperate and wanting to get some shit done with taking down the pact instead of waiting for Waller to fuck up once again while the pact gets away Scott free is understandable.

HexIgon posted: »

Oh yeah Waller has been really cool... if you obeyed her like a personal lap dog. If you didn't she acts exactly like Gordon does. She's bee

• edited November 2017

I'd probably give into temptation and go for it, but so far Selina knows, Tiffany knows, The Agency knows, and Lady Arkham knows. Giving Bruce loose lips will probably come back to bite me, seeing as his identity is growing less and less secret.

• Yes. It's becoming more trouble than him not knowing. But I don't see it happening. 50/50 I suppose. I just think that'd be too many characters knowing Bruce's identity. Especially if the theory that John knows/finds out is true. I mean, at some point, Bruce is gonna be able to go 'welp, don't need the batsuit no more. Might as well just fight crime in my tuxedo.'

• I thought about that particular idea of telling Gordon I'm Batman, but here's the thing. Batman should not aligned himself with the police. He's a vigilante and should function independently and have no ties to the police. Need to think about the city and the people as a whole

• Waller seems to me the character that gets shit done. Anyway it's not like anyone who likes Waller, hates Gordon.

J-Master posted: »

Seriously, all this pro-Waller and ex-Gordon talk has become annoying since Waller hasn’t really done anything to prove herself other than t

• edited November 2017

Seriously, all this pro-Waller and ex-Gordon talk has become annoying since Waller hasn’t really done anything to prove herself other than that her agency is really good at either getting fooled, killed, or kidnapped.

Seems like a perfect description of the GCPD in Season 1, difference being that the Agency isn't shooting, antagonizing or looking to arrest Batman at his every move.

You call the agency bureaucratic when it is, in its essence, exactly the contrary. The GCPD are the ones restricted by law to deal with threats since they are a law enforcement organization. The Agency on the other hand has the liberty to cross these lines and be able to actually deal with these threats effectively.

Just ask yourself where the mission would be if the GCPD had been left in charge. Bruce and Waller were the ones who machinated the whole "Enemy Within" plan that got the investigation actually somewhere, whereas the GCPD wouldn't, in a thousand years, have supported such plan due to being restricted to do what's lawfully acceptable.

And the whole "Batman" thing is really just that: doing what average law enforcement can't. Stepping over the lines. It's more than natural that the Agency's philosophy would align with Batman's and that they'd work together.

And what's so much more attractive about Waller is that she's actually focused on getting it done rather than being actively undermining the mission, throwing tantrums and acting recklessly just because they didn't get to sit on the frontlines this time. Because that's who Gordon is being right now and that's the sole reason Waller had him dismissed, he has simply been uncooperative all around.

Of course I totally expect some big Agency plot twist to come, something like they were actually behind SANCTUS or for them to decide Bruce is expendable at some point, but so far, they've been supportive of Batman's plan.

Seriously, all this pro-Waller and ex-Gordon talk has become annoying since Waller hasn’t really done anything to prove herself other than t

• But at the same time wouldn't telling Gordon put an end to his witch hunt and help protect Bruce/Batman in the long run? I cant see Gordon trying to arrest Bruce after finding out, he respects what the Batman has done too much.

SilentmanX posted: »

I thought about that particular idea of telling Gordon I'm Batman, but here's the thing. Batman should not aligned himself with the police.

• IF Telltale allows us to tell Gordon our identity, they should put a lockdown on secret-identity-spilling for the remainder of the season. As someone pointed out, it would reach the point where Bruce might as well ditch the mask altogether.

• Yeah, its strange. But in my case I don't understand the pro to either of them. They are both putting their ego's before the safety of Gotham by not working together. I suppose I lean more towards Gordon because if you tell him to call Waller he does it and only says to be careful of her. But if you tell Waller to include Gordon she tells batman to screw off. 'They have other priorities' doesn't hold when Gordon's gone out of his way to include himself. I mean, I'd say don't tell Gordon that Bruce is batman but at least have it revealed that Bruce is an undercover operative. Really not sure how Gordon hasn't figured that out though. My batman basically told him 'your on the wrong trail.'

• That is the positive for that, but that would also mean he would be deeply involve with Batman that it also puts him and the cops at risk. Meaning in the future the villains would target the cops regularly because of the GCPD's connection to Batman. Especially if Gordon knows Bruce's identity, and since he has a daughter that could be made into leverage

The purpose for this not involving Gordon is that the cops need to function on their own when it comes to protecting Gotham because there will be a moment were Batman is no longer needed. To rely too much on Batman would only make the GCPD more vulnerable and Gordon would risk his own position for a vigilante who gains free reign over all his actions. Another factor is the business aspect because the elites of Gotham have influence and can abuse their powers for their own interests. Namely profiting from whatever crap they would get out of it. Real Estate for one example as "Batman: White Knight" pointed out, and how the cops also profited through crime thanks to the city donating money to add on their budgets.

There is both an advantage and a disadvantage into telling Gordon and it will depend on what he will do. Another is the activity involving the GCPD as even though you gain Gordon's favor doesn't mean the cops won't be. They will have their own agenda and will take advantage of Batman's relationship with the GCPD

There are two sides to this that needs consideration

But at the same time wouldn't telling Gordon put an end to his witch hunt and help protect Bruce/Batman in the long run? I cant see Gordon trying to arrest Bruce after finding out, he respects what the Batman has done too much.

• Gordon might not want to know who Batman is, or maybe its more that he doesnt want to because it would Jeopardize Batman, however I think they could do amazing if Gordon knew, it would also be the ultimate show of trust for Bruce to tell Gordon, which would further their work together, as Gordon would know that he could undoubtedly trust Bruce and Batman, just look at what Waller and Bruce are achieving by combining Bruce Wayne with Batman on a bigger level than Bruce himself has done

• Agreed.

I think all of our problems with Gordon this season are because he doesn't know and hes been kept in the dark about everything. So I would probably choose to reveal.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.