[Spoilers] What happens if you tell Selina...

... that you love her in Season 1? Does she reference it at all in S2? It's a very intense (and very creepy/awkward) moment, there's no way she'd realistically forget about that.

Tagged:

Comments

• Been wondering this myself. I didn't say it in season 1 cause knowing the Catwoman character I figured she was no where near ready for that kind of commitment.

• I think it's a little creepy for Bruce to get that attached after one night together, but not entirely out of character. The guy's lonely as fuck, and you can really see the disconnect that he has with people sometimes.

Anyway, I'm guessing any reference would take the place of the whole "Someone once told me that I was nothing more than a thief" line that she can drop in Riddler's hideout.

Been wondering this myself. I didn't say it in season 1 cause knowing the Catwoman character I figured she was no where near ready for that kind of commitment.

• There's no reference to it in the episode. I told her I loved her and the game just assumed that I told her that she was nothing more than a thief just because we parted on bad terms (my Bruce would never do that).

So yeah, no reference. Really lazy on their part.

Piggs posted: »

I think it's a little creepy for Bruce to get that attached after one night together, but not entirely out of character. The guy's lonely as

• Honestly I think its exactly the kind of thing she would forget, at the time she seemed like the type that did not put much in that one night stand (at least not nearly as much as Bruce did), I think she was more looking for acceptance or confirmation that she is more than just a common thief, or maybe she wasnt looking for it, but I think she appreciated it

• If you tell her that you love her, her reaction is the exact same as if you call her a thief; she's repulsed and hops on her motorcycle. I think she should remember that.

Honestly I think its exactly the kind of thing she would forget, at the time she seemed like the type that did not put much in that one nigh

• It's very creepy for Bruce to tell her he loves her only after a meeting her not long ago.

But some people like having thir Bruce play like a sad lonely desperate virgin who will constantly treat a girl nice no matter how many times she treats him like a door mat.

Ya know because she's a girl (gasp)

Piggs posted: »

I think it's a little creepy for Bruce to get that attached after one night together, but not entirely out of character. The guy's lonely as

• KaelthasKaelthas Banned
    edited November 2017

How dares Bruce fall in love with a strong, beautiful and interesting woman who saved his life and with whom has fought alongside and has a lot of chemistry?

How dares Bruce after all the shit that happened in his life and Alfred being the only one to support him, to try and find someone else?

How dares Bruce feel relieved and happy with someone who knows his secret so he doesn't have to hide anything from her? She sees him as he is, not as his millionaire playboy facade.
    Specially because of the whole "opposites attract" and the whole "being constantly on the border of death" makes you realize a lot of things.

Anyway, as they said before, she doesn't mention it, but you can tell her that you love her again this season if you choose to blame her, in which she rolls her eyes and says "Oh please..." and Harley comments on how you snitched out "the girl you love so much"

Ja1862 posted: »

It's very creepy for Bruce to tell her he loves her only after a meeting her not long ago. But some people like having thir Bruce play l

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff

If you told her that you loved her in S1, there's a chance (if you have been playing pro-Selina, very lovey dovey the whole time) she may bring it up if you have the scene with her on the Mayor's rooftops. She says "You told me you loved me. It was a little sudden... but sweet, in retrospect"

• Ha it just threw selina off guard when he said that, I bet she has the same feeling :) depending on how you played it of course. Btw I'm still rather new here and I think it's awesome the staff checks in in the forums every now and then!

If you told her that you loved her in S1, there's a chance (if you have been playing pro-Selina, very lovey dovey the whole time) she may br

• Now what's really funny is you can still tell her that even if you didn't sleep with her. From what I remember of the conversation options. So you think its creepy now? Be in that situation and say it. lol.

At least within the creative team, we read almost everything. Very few of us comment, but we see pretty much every post. We talk about them at work. You guys aren't posting into a vacuum.

ManBat posted: »

Ha it just threw selina off guard when he said that, I bet she has the same feeling depending on how you played it of course. Btw I'm still rather new here and I think it's awesome the staff checks in in the forums every now and then!

• That's very cool and you guys have done such an amazing job with 'Enemy Within' please pass on my gratitude. :) It's come to be one of my favorite telltale games.

At least within the creative team, we read almost everything. Very few of us comment, but we see pretty much every post. We talk about them at work. You guys aren't posting into a vacuum.

• Telltale Will Remember That

We do, though.

Telltale Will Remember That

• edited December 2017

Yeah believe it or not after I had a accident and got mended to health by a nurse, I didn't fall in love with her. BECAUSE I JUST MET HER>

Jeez it seems this game has tons of players who want their Bruce to be a pathetic doormat with traits of a desperate virgin who will happily keep taking crap to i hopes of some virtual poon.

I can only hope this is not how people would react in real life to a partner who continually screws them over and betrays them.

Or meeting someone then a few days later thinking "we have chemistry, we are pretty, THIS IS LOVE WOOO" works for 8 year olds but Bruce is a freaking grown man.

"Some girl is dating my friend but flirting with me and using him because she is a criminal"
    Who cares I can finally get laid!

"She keeps betraying me and using me for her own needs!
    Who cares! Boobies! She's a girl!! I desperately need a girl!!

"She is helping the person who nearly killed me and then decided to save me because she doesn't wanna be an accomplice to a murder"
    Who cares she shows me affectionate at times and no matter how scummy she is i'll just keep taking her back because I'm a huge weirdo doormat who hardly knows her for more than a few days, but she's a girl who talks to me.. so I'm in love now!

Yeah... no

I aint gonna play my Bruce like a giant doormat who would let a girl get away with constantly screwing him over and being a criminal because she's good looking. I wouldn't let that happen to me in real life so why would I do it here.

There are plenty of good looking girls out there, not gonna creep after one who goes against everything Batman stands for because boobies.

I could imagine you guys writing the script for The Dark Knight Rises after Talia betrays him.
    Lets write a extra scene where Bruce decides to give her another shot. Our cool superhero would be even cooler if he was a massive pathetic doormat. End film.

Kaelthas posted: »

How dares Bruce fall in love with a strong, beautiful and interesting woman who saved his life and with whom has fought alongside and has a

• Someone get this person a Snickers. Talk about an overreaction.

Yeah believe it or not after I had a accident and got mended to health by a nurse, I didn't fall in love with her. BECAUSE I JUST MET HER>

• Well Bruce must be one very high quality doormat for her to come back to us and genuinely open up.

• edited December 2017

I honestly think her reaction to the 'I love you' was important. Selina steals from people to provide for herself so you'd think if a billionaire told her 'I love you' she'd be all over that. By being all 'I feel sorry for you if that's love to you' it shows that, even then, she cared about him more then she let on. Could almost be seen as like a tough love situation. Her way of saying 'don't open your heart to people so easily. You'll only get hurt.' She may not love him (yet) but she definitely doesn't see him as a doormat.
    Edit: This is an agreement with you... not an argument. Thought I clarify that I knew you were being sarcastic. lol.
    And also I'm basically saying she's clearly not hooking up with Bruce for his money. The 'I love you' shows that.

Well Bruce must be one very high quality doormat for her to come back to us and genuinely open up.

• Keep the Bruce and Selina romance alive. Please?

We do, though.

• And dont cut off her arm... no need for that :wink:

Keep the Bruce and Selina romance alive. Please?

• I second this!

19Street95 posted: »

And dont cut off her arm... no need for that

• edited December 2017

There should be consequences to our actions. It's meant to tell the players never to take characters for granted.
    If she comes out unscathed then the choice to rat her out loses its gravitas. Don't worry she will get a prosthetic.

But I can't possibly picture Batman throwing people under the bus like that, especially if you started to bond with her even more than you could in season one. As morally grey as she is (and let's not kid ourselves she has a few tricks up her sleeve) she does not deserve to suffer like that.
    I suppose it all comes down to what Batman you want to play as. I don't envision Batman as someone who is inclined to put the mission above the people, it's what drove me to unmask when I had the chance, to sacrifice myself when stakes get raised, to protect the actual people in Bruce's life at the cost of "The Mission". What Riddler said to Gordon and Batman in his hideout really cut deep.
    I don't want Bruce to end up as a lone man recluded in his manor with no one but ghosts to converse with, because he did not show people in his life that he cared enough about them.

I'm really proud to have been able to ensure Catwoman is safe. It's what felt more natural to me.

And dont cut off her arm... no need for that

• edited December 2017

Dont get me wrong, I want our choices to matter... however we decide to play... but to lose an arm is harsh and I dont want it to come to that.

There should be consequences to our actions. It's meant to tell the players never to take characters for granted. If she comes out unscathe

• Then do the right thing and don't let her get hurt.

It's simple.

I'm aware that in some playthrough she really did steal the laptop (if you warned her the GCPD was coming after her) but it seems totally disproportionate to me to throw her to the wolves. Of course we all know she survives either way but that does not make it better.

Dont get me wrong, I want our choices to matter... however we decide to play... but to lose an arm is harsh and I dont want it to come to that.

• edited December 2017

I’ll keep it simple. There is no factual “right thing” That’s why there's a choice to begin with. It might feel right to some while others feel that the mission is more important. I actually want a shut off Bruce who shuts out almost everyone and focuses on the job. Hence why leaving her behind is the “right thing” for me.

Then do the right thing and don't let her get hurt. It's simple. I'm aware that in some playthrough she really did steal the laptop (i

• There wasn't really any right choice. It wasn't a 'the mission before catwoman' thing it was 'so many lives vs one' thing. Waller even talks about how important it is Bruce maintains his cover and something about a pandemic. Really, I think, the right decision would have been 'It was John!!' But we all know Harley wouldn't have believed that.

There should be consequences to our actions. It's meant to tell the players never to take characters for granted. If she comes out unscathe

• I agree with you completely. There will definitely be consequences for every action. However, if you took the fall and were left in one of Mr. Freeze's cryochambers to die, I just don't want the same result to be produced. Meaning that, if something does happen to Catwoman's arm, should you let John throw Catwoman under the bus, I would hope that it doesn't also happen if you chose differently. :#

• So, uh, how do you feel about a Bruce and Harley relationship?

• I actually dint warn Selina about the Gcpd the fact that she betrayed me yet again after I was trying to help her pissed me off .But when she showed up at my door all messed up I was able to forgive her and she says she wants to be a better person so I opted for romance yet again so i dint betray Selina To Harley. And I play a very brutal Batman who would impale a man and beat someone almost to death but I wont sacrifice someone that I care about or a innocent to get a job done.

• I didn't tell I love her but she knows.

• I dont think losing an arm is harsh for ratting her out, you put yourself before her, and if you care about her enough to not want her to lose an arm, then you wouldnt have ratted her out, if she doesnt lose her arm it would be silly

• I personally did not rat her out, it was barely a choice in my playthrough... the thing is that I wonder how much it would matter in the end...

lets say that she loses her arm if you rat her out and if you dont then she might lose it either way in some other situation to make it plot convenient in the future so all players are on the same page.

Thats why I am worried about the choice.

I dont think losing an arm is harsh for ratting her out, you put yourself before her, and if you care about her enough to not want her to lose an arm, then you wouldnt have ratted her out, if she doesnt lose her arm it would be silly

• edited December 2017

Well, maybe. But keep in mind that if you took your mask off for Alfred he doesn't lose an eye. And so far he hasn't. So its something they've already done before, making the choice matter. So its possible that if you rat yourself out as the mole she'll never lose her arm.

I personally did not rat her out, it was barely a choice in my playthrough... the thing is that I wonder how much it would matter in the end

• I hope you are right...

Feels like ages until mid/end of January. Lets hope EP4 and EP5 can deliver aswell as EP3 (EP1 and EP2 is not bad at all but imo EP3 was the best so far)

GamerLady posted: »

Well, maybe. But keep in mind that if you took your mask off for Alfred he doesn't lose an eye. And so far he hasn't. So its something they'

• Agreed. Although I really did like episode 1. It was a fantastic start. I'd almost say its on par with episode 3... almost. Its that end decision that really just put episode 3 above it. It was just the most conflicting decision I've had to make in this game so far. There was just no way to feel good about it. And the codex makes you feel horrible no matter the decision you make. If you saved catwoman it makes you feel like Bruce just put a death sentence on several innocent people and if you didn't than it makes it seem like Bruce chose a mission vs lives. So I gotta give the episode props for being such a guilt-trip. lol.

I hope you are right... Feels like ages until mid/end of January. Lets hope EP4 and EP5 can deliver aswell as EP3 (EP1 and EP2 is not bad at all but imo EP3 was the best so far)

• Yeah it was quite a emotional roller coaster at the end.

Cred to Telltales storywriting because you get so attached to the characters and the story. They do it again and again...

Agreed. Although I really did like episode 1. It was a fantastic start. I'd almost say its on par with episode 3... almost. Its that end dec

• No relationship.
    I play my character how I'd act in real life, a dude who wouldn't constantly get on all fours and keep forgiving someone for lying, cheating and using them. He is not a desperate thirsty virgin who goes for any girl who shows him affection.

The Harley relationship is more akin to a abusive relationship, she keeps saying she'll hurt Bruce, his friends and loved ones while he keeps sticking around hoping for some sparks and her to change.

My Bruce is out to bring her down because she's a criminal.

ShampaFK posted: »

So, uh, how do you feel about a Bruce and Harley relationship?

• Is Bruce a virgin? That would br crazy huh.

No relationship. I play my character how I'd act in real life, a dude who wouldn't constantly get on all fours and keep forgiving someone f

• lmao.
    This, for my Bruce. He's saving himself for that special someone. ...Basically waiting till cloning becomes legit. The smug bast***. lol.

ManBat posted: »

Is Bruce a virgin? That would br crazy huh.

• Would you blame him? He's damn good looking.

lmao. This, for my Bruce. He's saving himself for that special someone. ...Basically waiting till cloning becomes legit. The smug bast***. lol.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.