Back FOR The Dead!

Hello there mates! I've been distant from the community for a long time. But guess what? Finally played through The Walking Dead Season Three and boy I'm really conflicted about this season. Just wish to know what are your thoughts on the Season, feel free to rate it. Even though "Outflaw" is my new me, I'm that Chusets guy for those who remember, used to share that account with my sister until she actually usurped it.

Comments

• Welcome back, former @Chusets!

Not gonna lie: the punny TVTropes-inspired is a bit confusing. I mean, I got it after thinking about it for a bit, but it kinda implied that you were speculating about the upcoming Season and any potential returning characters at first.

I actually enjoyed a good bit of ANF, but there are a number of issues I have with it that unfortunately ensure it's position as perhaps the worst installment yet and hindered much of what I was enjoying as things were moving to the endgame and then wrapping it all up.

Questions: Where exactly are you in terms of the episodes? What are some of favorite characters? Favorite moments? Favorite episode overall? And a few things you thought could've been handled better?

• Best game of 2016

• the best thing i have to say about it was Conrad... Conrad was what kept me coming back for that season him and David cause i was hoping for another Character that acted like Kenny with your previous choices making him like you or hate you but then they threwn that away in episode 5... yay.

• I honestly hate the Conrad choice, and by extension, Conrad, its objectively better in every single way to not shoot Conrad, the negative outcome of not shooting Conrad (Clementines trust going down the shitter) is immediately ignored in the next episode, its hard to take anything seriously then

UrbanRodrik posted: »

the best thing i have to say about it was Conrad... Conrad was what kept me coming back for that season him and David cause i was hoping for

• the negative outcome of not shooting Conrad (Clementines trust going down the shitter) is immediately ignored in the next episode

Yeah, honestly, that was my one major gripe with that episode: She and Conrad barely even acknowledge each other afterwards, Gabe gets distracted with David being back & hanging out with Kate and essentially forgets about it, Kate never learns about what Javier agreed to to make sure she gets help, Tripp barely questions Conrad's behavior(instead acting like a jackass himself) and is never really questioned about pretty quickly deciding to accept the plan despite being the one Prescottite who was on mutually decent terms with Clementine, and, of course, ANF!Clementine holds little ill will against Javier for that choice because gotta work that trailer shot in somehow.

I honestly hate the Conrad choice, and by extension, Conrad, its objectively better in every single way to not shoot Conrad, the negative ou

• Honestly, the fact that Clementine holds no ill will towards him is my biggest problem with it, its one thing that Clementine is not very consistent in ANF depending on your previous choices, however its a whole nother beast when they dont even adhere to the character they have given her, up till that point Clementine was shown as distrusting, she had been alone for a long time, didnt want to get close to people, so her trusting JAvier with her secret is a big deal, its basically her putting her utmost trust in him, at the risk of her own safety, so when Javier betrays that trust, she should hate him for the rest of the game....but she doesnt..

DabigRG posted: »

the negative outcome of not shooting Conrad (Clementines trust going down the shitter) is immediately ignored in the next episode Ye

• Welcome back, mate.

I hate to break this to you but The Walking Dead A New Frontier is the worst Telltale game I've ever played for many reasons:

• Ditching the old fanbase and bringing newcomers into it
    • Obvious lies (Episode 1 was split in two because it was TOO big; Clementine will be a co-playable character, the flashbacks AREN'T what describes co-playable characters; the 42 versions of Clementine; Season 2 Endings will have a big impact in Season 3)
    • Kenny and Jane's developments
    • Shitty and garbage graphics
    • Plot holes
    • Deleted and scrapped content (WHERE IS THE WAREHOUSE SCENE?)
    • Short episodes (Biggest season so far, my ass)
    • Lack of hubs (How come Batman and Guardians of the Galaxy get to use that content but ANF doesn't?)
    • Stupid and unlikable characters except Javi and Clem
    • Clementine and Jesus having no purpose in this game
    • Choices in the previous seasons don't mean jack shit anymore
    • Forced romance with Kate
    • Atrocious villains

After 2 years of waiting for this game was nothing but a waste of time, I will never forgive Telltale for ruining the franchise.

• edited January 2018

I actually didn't shoot Conrad in the face when I had to replay episode 2. This was mainly because no letsplayer I'd seen kept him alive and I was curious. That asshole screamed the entire time I tried to explain this to him after I didn't give him a gun. And he got dragged away by zombies. Still though.

I honestly hate the Conrad choice, and by extension, Conrad, its objectively better in every single way to not shoot Conrad, the negative ou

• Main complaints:

• S2 endings are discarded in 5 minutes
    • Clementine gets 5% of the playtime
    • AJ and Clem's story is sidelined in favor of a new cast
    • Short episodes
    • Episode 1 was split because it was "too big", when in reality it would have been shorter than an average episode

Other than that, the season grows on me more as time passes. You can tell that they were trying to create something truly great but the budget, time restrictions, and sudden changes in development hampered the vision in a bad way. I feel like it would be received more positively if Clem wasn't relegated to a side character. Telltale really should have known better than to do that.

• while i do know the choice has its flaws it still was nice to finally get a determinant character that lives thought the whole game.... something telltale has done on their other games like for example: The wolf among us, Tales from the borderlands and more or less with game of thrones.

• Thanks mate! It's good to be back!

I'll admit that's not my best pun.

I know right? That's kinda how I feel. I don't think it sucks, it's just... It doesn't matter much.

I have played through all the TWD content that Telltale has released so far. Some of my favourite characters include Glenn Rhee (my official representant in a zombie apocalypse), Clementine (because to me she represents hope), Kenneth (so damaged and yet so strong), Lee Everett (really enjoyed playing Lee), Javier Garcia ( one of the best character developments), Carley (hothead), Lillian (cold blood) and there are many others of course. Saying goodbye to Kenny and satying at Wellington had me all emotional, being Duck's Batman was really fun, going through the horde to get to Clementine was epic, Lee's final moments with Clem were also great, the whole scene where Lilly shoots Carley was crazy perfect, watching Carver's end means satisfaction, eating with cannibals was the perfect dinner scene and there are other moments of course. My favourite episode is episode five of season two: No Going Back (the dilemma level is just too high, besides, it's a very touching episode where I found myself struggling to see the meaning of survival itself). I think they definetly need to make a real use of their determinant characters. There shouldn't be any forced romance/awkward situation. They should focus on Clem even though I really like what they did with Javi. That's just some of the stuff, there are a lot of other matters that require TTG's attention.

Welcome back, former @Chusets! Not gonna lie: the punny TVTropes-inspired is a bit confusing. I mean, I got it after thinking about it fo

• Now that's a strong opinion right there!

Melton23 posted: »

Best game of 2016

• Really liked that David character.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

the best thing i have to say about it was Conrad... Conrad was what kept me coming back for that season him and David cause i was hoping for

• Tbh it really was my best 2016 game

Outflaw posted: »

Now that's a strong opinion right there!

• I hear you bruv, I don't think it's thrash but I guess we were all hoping for something awesome so... it's disappointing.

AronDracula posted: »

Welcome back, mate. I hate to break this to you but The Walking Dead A New Frontier is the worst Telltale game I've ever played for many

• Hey I'm glad you enjoyed it, the game is not bad at all.

Melton23 posted: »

Tbh it really was my best 2016 game

• I feel the same way mate. The Clem factor is essential.

Main complaints: * S2 endings are discarded in 5 minutes * Clementine gets 5% of the playtime * AJ and Clem's story is sidelined in f

• its a whole nother beast when they dont even adhere to the character they have given her

Very, very true.
    And a reason why she is a dishonorable mention.

so when Javier betrays that trust, she should hate him for the rest of the game....but she doesnt..

Well, "rest of the game" might be a bit much(depending on the direction), but I get what you're saying.

Honestly, the fact that Clementine holds no ill will towards him is my biggest problem with it, its one thing that Clementine is not very co

• Some of my favourite characters include Glenn Rhee (my official representant in a zombie apocalypse), Clementine (because to me she represents hope), Kenneth (so damaged and yet so strong), Lee Everett (really enjoyed playing Lee), Javier Garcia ( one of the best character developments), Carley (hothead), Lillian (cold blood) and there are many others of course. Saying goodbye to Kenny and satying at Wellington had me all emotional, being Duck's Batman was really fun, going through the horde to get to Clementine was epic, Lee's final moments with Clem were also great, the whole scene where Lilly shoots Carley was crazy perfect, watching Carver's end means satisfaction, eating with cannibals was the perfect dinner scene and there are other moments of course. My favourite episode is episode five of season two: No Going Back (the dilemma level is just too high, besides, it's a very touching episode where I found myself struggling to see the meaning of survival itself).

Uh, I meant in the context of A New Frontier. :tongue:

Thanks mate! It's good to be back! I'll admit that's not my best pun. I know right? That's kinda how I feel. I don't think it sucks, i

• Sorry mate, my mistake. Alright then, here we go again shall we?

Characters: Clem, Javi, David (he's a very good character, hell we all have people like him in our families/lives. If I remember right Javi--my Javi at least--explains to Mari that family works with fighting, working the problems out, then fighting all over again), Eleanor (interesting interaction with the others, specially with Javi), Mari (that's how you kill a character and set the players on fire), Gabe (mainly because of his flaws, feeling how real the character is is so important, I really worried about the boy through the whole game) Ava (in my playthrough I could really feel the death of this promising character).

Moments: Mari's death, Ava getting executed, the choice to go after David and Gabe (this even had me arguing with my sister), the choice to give AJ the medicine, letting Badger turn, the Lingard situation, Prescott VS The New Frontier.

From The Gallows, Episode Five of Season Three. The episode led me to this new account, I guess it stablished "A New Frontier" between me and sis, the final choice challenged me in a way that I really like it.

Some of my favourite characters include Glenn Rhee (my official representant in a zombie apocalypse), Clementine (because to me she represen

• David (he's a very good character, hell we all have people like him in our families/lives. If I remember right Javi--my Javi at least--explains to Mari that family works with fighting, working the problems out, then fighting all over again)

Mm, if you say so.

Eleanor (interesting interaction with the others, specially with Javi),

Wish she got more time to interact, tbh.
    Fun fact: We were likely gonna get some more familial interaction between her and Joan originally.

Mari, Gabe

Huh.
    Another person who says they like both Gabriel and Mariana. Go figure.

Ava (in my playthrough I could really feel the death of this promising character).

the choice to go after David and Gabe (this even had me arguing with my sister),

Woah! Intense.

Prescott VS The New Frontier.

Mm.
    Wish that happened properly in the finale.

From The Gallows, Episode Five of Season Three.

enter image description here

Sorry mate, my mistake. Alright then, here we go again shall we? Characters: Clem, Javi, David (he's a very good character, hell we all h

• edited January 2018

Not a David fan eh? Well the man is not easy but I still like him.

Wow I didn't know that. I want to see more from this character.

Mari was so sweet, her death got me mad. Gabe was... Complicated, but again he's just a boy, and a good boy for that matter, I love how he turns into a good man by the end of the season (my season).

MY MAN!

I know right? It turns out that my sister would not go after me should I crack. But I'd go after her, not cool.

In the finale huh? Tell me more about your idea.

Please let me return all your questions: favourite characters? Favourite episode overall? Favourite moments? Things you think could've been handled better? Where are you in terms of the episodes? (In the S3 context of course).

David (he's a very good character, hell we all have people like him in our families/lives. If I remember right Javi--my Javi at least--expla

• edited January 2018

Not a David fan eh?

Yeah, never really was.

Wow I didn't know that. I want to see more from this character.

Kinda late for that pal. Not as late as most of the other characters, but still kinda late.

Anyway, that was the mindset behind her design and most likely the intention behind her line about knowing what it's like to have missing family. However, her character allegedly changed so much during development that the backstory no longer made since, so they left that aspect out of the released version.

Gabe was... Complicated, but again he's just a boy, and a good boy for that matter, I love how he turns into a good man by the end of the season (my season).

True.

MY MAN!

:lol:

I know right? It turns out that my sister would not go after me should I crack. But I'd go after her, not cool.

Seriously.

In the finale huh? Tell me more about your idea.

Why should I explain my meaning when the game menus and the characters' dialogue(particularly in Above the Law) already says plenty?

@ 1:10:43, 1:13:41, 1:18:07, 1:20:25, 1:26:27,

@ 15:42(It's not relevant, but goddamn :lol:), ::, 1:24:17, 1:25:20

Please let me return all your questions: favourite characters? Favourite episode overall? Favourite moments? Things you think could've been handled better? Where are you in terms of the episodes? (In the S3 context of course).

Ah, a roundabout! :lol: I think I can and will answer these in the moment.
    1. Ava, Gabe, Kate, and Conrad. Also worth noting are Max, Joan, Dr. Lingard, and Shades-Chick.
    2. Probably Above the Law.
    3. Here's a handful: the deal with Conrad, the opening flashback of Above the Law, the entire determinant ending where they head to David's house, Kate determinantly deciding to personally bust Javier and David out, and Kate saving David from her walker knockoff.
    4. Many things, but specific things that come to mind are Mariana's entire existence, Kate's neglected character focus, Gabe's determinant outburst, and the consistency of both certain characters & the overall story direction, particularly the last two episodes.
    5. Funny question to ask me, but oddly enough, I'm still technically on Thicker than Water, personally. I just had no drive in playing From the Gallows when it originally came out and so just watched different playthroughs on Youtube to get my fill.

Not a David fan eh? Well the man is not easy but I still like him. Wow I didn't know that. I want to see more from this character. Mar

• Shades-Chick

How exactly did she become your favourite???
    You switched the third and fourth questions, btw. :lol:

Not a David fan eh? Yeah, never really was. Wow I didn't know that. I want to see more from this character. Kinda late

• edited January 2018

How exactly did she become your favourite???

I said she was worth noting, babe. I was trying to think if there was anyone else and just went "why not?." :smiley: :

You switched the third and fourth questions, btw. :lol:

Did I?
    Oh shit, I did! Thanks for catching that!

Fangirl101 posted: »

Shades-Chick How exactly did she become your favourite??? You switched the third and fourth questions, btw.

• Thanks for the info about Eleanor.

I think that the problem with the last 2 episodes is mainly on the ways and outcomes they choose to solve the problems. I kinda expected things to go in a different way once Javi and David were taken as prisoners.

Man I don't know how you do it. So you're like ok with spoilers? 'cause to be honest I first played this game with sis and then we got split up by the choice to go after Gabe and David or stay with Kate. I let her do things her way and then played the game all over again and I remember being a bit annoyed that I got to see her ending.

Not a David fan eh? Yeah, never really was. Wow I didn't know that. I want to see more from this character. Kinda late

Sign in to comment in this discussion.