John Doe’s fate at the end of episode 4. WARNING - MAJOR SPOILERS

So there are apparently several versions of the Joker? Does anyone know all the variations and decisions that lead to that? SwingPoynt got vigilante.

EDIT: Also, the regular Joker look is shaded behind John. Does it mean it was not decided yet?

The hype is unreal, I can no longer wait. Spoiled myself with the ending in YouTube comments.

Tagged:

Comments

• I think there are only 2 versions of the Joker: he is either a vigilant or a villain. There are some other choices with John but trusting him or not is the one that will determine what he became

• edited January 2018

I really hope that the "vigilante" joker is not a fake choice it's amazing,i knew Waller was evil and even John knows it also have you see the new look of the Joker "vigilante" at the end when they show your choices ? I wonder if he's gonna look like that.
    Edit : Yeah you saw it too.

• The part where you tell him if you trust him or not at the Carnival is what determines if he becomes a Vigilante or a Villain. Personally, definitely going with the villain option when I get the game. It's just that Joker was made to be Batman's mortal enemy.

• WE GET TO KEEP JOHN I'M HAPPY.

• So trusting him makes him a villain?

Tasos_12io posted: »

The part where you tell him if you trust him or not at the Carnival is what determines if he becomes a Vigilante or a Villain. Personally, d

• No, trusting him makes him a Vigilante.

ScootyZ posted: »

So trusting him makes him a villain?

• Btw do you saw any playthrough with someone stopping Joker instead of agent at the bridge? Everyone stopping agent :P and I wonder how will that impact John.

• edited January 2018

I was actually very surprised with the outcomes. I never expected John to turn on Harley the way he did if you trust him. The villain ending is as expected though. Didn't particularly care for that ending. It was fairly predictable since you kinda burned any bridge with him by not showing trust.

What I really love is that it shows that even though Batman is doing Gotham City a service of protection, it still sets a very dangerous example for those who idolize him, especially those not in the right of mind. Now, due to his image, he's created a monster in John that wants the same thing he does, but doesn't have the mental strength to do what's morally right. (No killing)

Batman, you reap what you sow. John was already an incredibly written villain character, but now he's definitely become one of Telltale's best. I just hope Episode 5 sends him off properly.

• Agreed. The "Vigilante" ending is so much for fun. Though who's gonna be the villian? Certainly better not be John since he's on our side. Waller?

Sarunas21 posted: »

I was actually very surprised with the outcomes. I never expected John to turn on Harley the way he did if you trust him. The villain ending

• What do you mean John is on your side? You have a guy in your side that just walks around stabbing pepole and calling it justice for the good of Ghotam? He will still be the villain, the difference is his reasons to be one.

Dan10 posted: »

Agreed. The "Vigilante" ending is so much for fun. Though who's gonna be the villian? Certainly better not be John since he's on our side. Waller?

• She was gonna kill him and wante dto detain Bruce. She showed her true colors this episode.

Kaelthas posted: »

What do you mean John is on your side? You have a guy in your side that just walks around stabbing pepole and calling it justice for the good of Ghotam? He will still be the villain, the difference is his reasons to be one.

• Of course, but that doesn't mean Joker won't be the villain of the episode, they could pull a Season 1 with Harvey and Penguin, depending on the choice that is the villain you fight, if you have Vigilante John you'll fight Waller, if you have Villain John you have to fight Harley, but at the end the enemy always will be the Joker, like Lady Arkham.

She was gonna kill him and wante dto detain Bruce. She showed her true colors this episode.

• I saw one. John will still stab Waller and agent does nothing to prevent that.

Ravandel posted: »

Btw do you saw any playthrough with someone stopping Joker instead of agent at the bridge? Everyone stopping agent :P and I wonder how will that impact John.

• I Hope that isn't true :(

Kaelthas posted: »

Of course, but that doesn't mean Joker won't be the villain of the episode, they could pull a Season 1 with Harvey and Penguin, depending on

• Of course he will be a full on villain. There is no way that telltale differentiate choices so on one he can be a villain and on the other a vigilante. I guess something will happen at the end of episode 5, either turning him villain (if you chose the vigilante option) or making him even more unstable (if you've already made him a villain). But thing is, that's what the Joker is supposed to be. Batman's arch nemesis. As entertaining a different version could be it would take away from the Batman story arc in the long run

• I’ll never give up on John.

• same

AnimalBoy posted: »

I’ll never give up on John.

• Imo in ep5 Joker will want to bring justice to Gotham, but because he is madman he willl want to do it his own way and probably using virus (he took it from Harley at the end if I remember well). So you would need to stop him anyway.

But one thing that is pretty interesting is knowing that Bruce is Batman. In either options, I mean villain or vigilante. And it seems like he will keep it for himself even if he will live for S3. That would make him kinda interesting enemy, because if I am right only villain who knew Bruce true identity was Lady Arkham.

Anyway, did anyone got feeling that John is knowing Bruce true identity or at least suspecting that since EP4 of 1st season?

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Well, he did mention knowing who Bruce really is back in episode 4 of the first season, so there's definitely a chance he suspected it. I doubt he knew for a fact, though. He probably had a hunch, but played along and acted clueless until he knew for sure.

Imo in ep5 Joker will want to bring justice to Gotham, but because he is madman he willl want to do it his own way and probably using virus

• Vigilante John is an interesting one. Especially since "Batman: White Knight", a Vigilante Joker that uses the same tactics on villains and criminals would be interesting to see. Wonder how we would continue it in episode 5

• What I think is most likely is that he'll perform the same actions as a "vigilante" that he would as a villain in Episode 5, with the difference being in his perceived motives and how he feels about Bruce.

Tasos_12io posted: »

Of course he will be a full on villain. There is no way that telltale differentiate choices so on one he can be a villain and on the other a

• Maybe that will be the case. Still going with the villain option though, as my main one

Rynna posted: »

What I think is most likely is that he'll perform the same actions as a "vigilante" that he would as a villain in Episode 5, with the difference being in his perceived motives and how he feels about Bruce.

• For vigilante.
    I think he will do stuff like Harvey Dent, and then he will need to be stoped.
    For villain.
    He will just be Joker!

• I just hope they won't be calling him "Jokester", lol in his "antihero" version. Also, I don't know what scares me more, his hair and his suit, or his idealistic view on vigilantism and corruption.
    We need to have a serious talk, him and my Bruce. About his style.

• His style? You mean His haircut? He told You already that the hair is natural...

Tiefling posted: »

I just hope they won't be calling him "Jokester", lol in his "antihero" version. Also, I don't know what scares me more, his hair and his su

• His haircut in vigilante ending terrifies me. I don't know how it looks like in villain ending and can't find.

JmoooX posted: »

His style? You mean His haircut? He told You already that the hair is natural...

• Never seen the vigilante ending to be honest, and I didn't really notice any difference in His hairstyle in The Villain one.

His haircut in vigilante ending terrifies me. I don't know how it looks like in villain ending and can't find.

• Here:

So, the villain doesn't get this awful haircut. Great.

JmoooX posted: »

Never seen the vigilante ending to be honest, and I didn't really notice any difference in His hairstyle in The Villain one.

• "Sends off?" It's too soon for that. I'd rather have an entire third season dedicated to Bruce/Batman's relationship with the now fully-evolved Joker than simply bring it to a crashing halt. Besides, everybody's a sucker for a trilogy. ;)

Sarunas21 posted: »

I was actually very surprised with the outcomes. I never expected John to turn on Harley the way he did if you trust him. The villain ending

• It sorta reminds me like the original Lego joker minifigure has a similar looking hair like that. But at the same time , it looks like if John Doe tried to make his hair look like wolverine.

Here: (Spoiler) So, the villain doesn't get this awful haircut. Great.

• It does.) Or like a missle was fired at him and took some part of his hair with it.

It sorta reminds me like the original Lego joker minifigure has a similar looking hair like that. But at the same time , it looks like if John Doe tried to make his hair look like wolverine.

• Looks to me like hes trying to shape his hair like Batman's cowl

It sorta reminds me like the original Lego joker minifigure has a similar looking hair like that. But at the same time , it looks like if John Doe tried to make his hair look like wolverine.

• When I say "sends him off" I don't mean death, not really anyway. I meant since its the last episode of the season, I hope they do his character justice by the end of Episode 5. If that results in death, it's gotta be on a high note, but it doesn't have to be death. A lot of times in finales, characters, motivations, and plots tend to fall apart. I don't want to see that happen with John because he's been absolutely incredible this season.

"Sends off?" It's too soon for that. I'd rather have an entire third season dedicated to Bruce/Batman's relationship with the now fully-evolved Joker than simply bring it to a crashing halt. Besides, everybody's a sucker for a trilogy.

• I'm curious if he's going to go by Joker in both identities, especially since it's only in the Villain ending that they really seem to cement him becoming The Joker.

I just hope they won't be calling him "Jokester", lol in his "antihero" version. Also, I don't know what scares me more, his hair and his su

• The funny thing is that this looks more like traditional Joker then the Villain design does.

Here: (Spoiler) So, the villain doesn't get this awful haircut. Great.

• Here's an easy analysis
    Vigilante: Heath-Ledger type chaos Joker without Harley(with good intentions-ish)
    Villian: The good-ol classic Mark Hamill Joker with Harley by his side.

• I tried to stop Joker on the bridge when he was holding Waller at knifepoint (not because I wanted him to get hurt but because I thought him more likely to stab her in that moment than for a trained agent to open fire on John when his commanding officer is there). Basically Bruce just tells John to let Waller go, and then John stabs Waller in the side and throws her onto the agent with the gun.

Btw do you saw any playthrough with someone stopping Joker instead of agent at the bridge? Everyone stopping agent :P and I wonder how will that impact John.

• "Bruce taught me to be good like you never did!" That line hit me deep. <3

• I really hope so too xD this choice was one of the hardest in the series, I hope it leads to a real different joker in the next episode!

iFoRias posted: »

I really hope that the "vigilante" joker is not a fake choice it's amazing,i knew Waller was evil and even John knows it also have you see t

• Waller for sure man she's behind everything, it's not the first time telltale made us work with someone who's finally the real villain!

Agreed. The "Vigilante" ending is so much for fun. Though who's gonna be the villian? Certainly better not be John since he's on our side. Waller?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.