Episode 4 spoiler discussion

Well you all know the drill episode is avaloble in certain regions feel free to talk about anything that happened here.

Comments

• Shit is about to go down in ep5..

• Good episode, but I'm slightly disappointed at the lack of Catwoman. I thought Bruce and her were full time partners now.

• I'm kinda relieved there wasn't much of her. When I saw the wound on her side, I thought that was Telltale's way of saying "Let her help and she'll die." I'm paranoid bout those things.

Good episode, but I'm slightly disappointed at the lack of Catwoman. I thought Bruce and her were full time partners now.

• This episode proved that Bruce Wayne isn't Batman. Batman IS Bruce Wayne, cause he managed to put Bane down without the suit at all if you sacrificed Catwoman.

• And you have every reasons to be, killing off major characters is not something Telltale have shown to be afraid of doing.
    But I really enjoyed the Selina-Bruce dynamic in episode 3. I'm disappointed we did not get to see their relationship grow further. Just like season one their relationship essentially stalled.
    It makes me think the writing team could not reach a consensus on what to do with the character.

That aside, the episode delivers on set pieces and it's good to see Tiffany and Avesta getting more spotlight.
    Surely I'm not the one getting some serious Max vibes from Tiffany.
    Max is an African-American woman from Batman Beyond, serving the same role as Tiffany.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/BatmanBeyondMainCharacters

Other things that caught me off-guard : Batman outright throwing off Bane in venom mode. Like wtf.
    It's great to see Batman getting the upper hand but I was stunned to see how easily he disposed of Bane and Freeze. Bane is Batman's physical superior after all, how could Batman pull that off ?

Sarunas21 posted: »

I'm kinda relieved there wasn't much of her. When I saw the wound on her side, I thought that was Telltale's way of saying "Let her help and she'll die." I'm paranoid bout those things.

• I have a feeling we are going to get an Avesta vs Selina type choice in Episode 5, especially that John knows they are associates of Bruce.

• I'm not here for the spoilers, but could someone please link me to a playthrough where Bruce sold out Selina in episode 3? I want to watch the choice that I didn't make play out.

• KaelthasKaelthas Banned
    edited January 2018

I can't believe I waited so long for a 1 hour episode in which nothing memorable happens but the already known snap of John, what a huge disappointment, no content at all for Gordon, just one small scene with Selina in which doesn't matter any of your previous decisions related to her, the hug John can give you was so forced and distasteful, like I know John is crazy but that hug was pure fanservice, the only memorable and funny thing of the whole episode is seeing Waller getting stabbed and I'm not even going to get that ending when I play.

Hope Episode 5 doesn't take 2 months to make that 1 hour crap.

• edited January 2018

Great episode 8.5/10. I sacrificed Selina and I honestly wish that we could have seen her at least once with that choice. So I left Alfred Proud, I left Tiffany Apologetic, I left Waller Livid (very proud of that because I hate her), set John the path of vigilante (also is anyone creeped out by the picture on johns vigilante status), and I left Avesta Gratified. For some reason the game is only showing me two of my choices I lowered the temp for freeze and trusted John in finding Harley. I sided with John a lot in this episode because I love him as a character even though he did jump off the bridge but he’s going to somehow survive that because he’s the only threat left. Also might I mention (at least in my playthrough) I didn’t play as Batman once this episode now this isn’t a bad thing just something to throw out there.

• Yeah, I was a bit skeptical as to how Bruce was able to lift up a juiced up Bane off the ground that easily...

AronDracula posted: »

This episode proved that Bruce Wayne isn't Batman. Batman IS Bruce Wayne, cause he managed to put Bane down without the suit at all if you sacrificed Catwoman.

• I wonder what happened to Harley in the ending where John goes "good" for lack of a better word. Wonder if this will change episode 5 at all

• KaelthasKaelthas Banned
    edited January 2018

Seeing how angry Waller left and how brutal she was (She was just going to shoot John and if you don't press the QTE quickly enough she ends up shooting), I wouldn't be surprised if she tortured Harley and then killed her.

I wonder what happened to Harley in the ending where John goes "good" for lack of a better word. Wonder if this will change episode 5 at all

• I know Harley is a psychopath and all, but I felt bad for her when John betrayed her

• Don't forget she's been manipulating him the whole time.

Box Tv posted: »

I know Harley is a psychopath and all, but I felt bad for her when John betrayed her

• edited January 2018

Honestly, this episode felt quite underwhelming for me. I didn't mind the short length too much because of all the optional paths in the beginning, but in terms of relationships this one seriously flopped for me. If you sacrificed yourself in the last episode, Selina just wrestles Harley's mallet for a few minutes and is then gone for the rest of the episode. Even if you entered a relationship with her in the last episode, her only reason for helping Bruce at the SANCTUS facility is because "you gave yourself up for the laptop theft so I'm paying back the favor lol".

I found Tiffany sort of lacking as well, and, surprisingly, kind of dumb, actually. Batman has been active in Gotham for, what, at least two years by now? And all this time she had no idea about his no-killing rule and actually offers him an assault rifle?

I actually quite enjoyed the Avesta scenes in this episode. She and Bruce had some interesting banter in the car and I really liked their dynamic. The "Oh, so there's going to be next time?" line felt more like fan service for all the Avesta shippers out there, but hey, if Telltale make it happen, I'm all for it.

The fight with Bane and Freeze was really good, however they were both knocked out of the picture fairly quickly. It seems we might get a bit more of Freeze in the final episode and his story-arc will wrap up then, but Bane seems out for good.

Other than that, the episode was quite decent, although I was definitely expecting more. Here's a hoping that Episode 5 is a worthy send-off for the time being, seeing as how it's likely we won't be seeing another season of Batman for a while.

• Bruce is a dumbass. I know it goes against the whole Batman doesn't kill thing, but he should've let Waller take the shot. By saving John not only did he have the bridge explode killing countless agents, cops, and innocents but everyone John harms from here on out will be on his head too.

• Gamespot gave it a 9.0
    I bet IGN will hate this for some reason, they gave episode 2 a 5

• That's the problem with Batman, every villain he let's live escapes and kills more people, but he naively believes they will turn good, because clearly them turning good will resurrect everyone they killed. In every Batman comic at least every villain escaped more than once and started doing chaos again.

Bruce is a dumbass. I know it goes against the whole Batman doesn't kill thing, but he should've let Waller take the shot. By saving John no

• I'm very disappointed. Bane destroyed Batman when Batman had his suit, yet somehow, Bruce and a handful of agents are able to take him down when he was fully strengthened with venom. Yet, if you leave him behind with the counteragent in an earlier episode, he somehow manages to get away. I never got the chance to use the counteragent. This is a violation of Chekhov's Gun. Why give it to us if it does nothing? Maybe if I slipped it to him in episode two, he would have used it in this episode if we didn't leave him behind earlier, but I suspect it probably wouldn't have changed anything. Bane was a pushover.

Also, too many people know Batman's identity in this franchise. Season one's dramatic decision to reveal yourself means nothing when so many people know. I get it - it was implied from the very beginning that John knew Bruce was Batman, as his dialogue in season one only made sense if he knew that - but if he goes full villain there's no way he wouldn't tell Harley or go after your people. If episode five gives me a chance to kill him, I'm going to kill him. I feel like Tiffany's gun dialogue and the no-kill discussion might have been foreshadowing that.

• I thought the same in regards to the no-kill rule. It's bound to be broken and villains knowing Batman's identity means that sometime you have to do what you have to do.

Huntsman posted: »

I'm very disappointed. Bane destroyed Batman when Batman had his suit, yet somehow, Bruce and a handful of agents are able to take him down

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Understatement of the century. :D

sthingsone posted: »

Shit is about to go down in ep5..

• I hope the rest of the Pact appear in episode 5.

• Was this the first episode where you could play through it entirely as Bruce? Normally, there's always one scene that puts you as Batman, but this one, you could stay as Bruce entirely.

• Do we learn anymore about sanctus?

• I agree with others. Weak episode. Inconsistent character portrayals, little happening, John's anger not believable. Season 2 suffers overall from too little story spread out over approximately seven hours.

• Why didn't Batman jump off the bridge like John did? He could have captured him in the water, none of them seemed armed and even so, Batman has all of his tools with him, he could have captured him and Harley, and used the hook to go back to the bridge.

• How was John's anger unbelievable at all? Anyways John is brain sick.

AeroRep posted: »

I agree with others. Weak episode. Inconsistent character portrayals, little happening, John's anger not believable. Season 2 suffers overall from too little story spread out over approximately seven hours.

• I hope Episode 5 is as long as Episode One and obviously have an all out battle with Joker instead of Riddler.

• Yep first episode to allow this I was surprised by it too because I think the majority of people are going to get an all Bruce play through.

Huntsman posted: »

Was this the first episode where you could play through it entirely as Bruce? Normally, there's always one scene that puts you as Batman, but this one, you could stay as Bruce entirely.

• The majority saved Selina, and You have to go to Sanctus as Batman in that case, so no, the majority won't get that

Creeper1846 posted: »

Yep first episode to allow this I was surprised by it too because I think the majority of people are going to get an all Bruce play through.

• edited January 2018

I liked the episode, I would even say that it was a great one.

1. Selina - I know that a lot of people complain about Selina's time on screen, but as much as I like her and as much as I would love to have at least some relationship development between Her and Bruce, I still think that not every single episode has to be revolving around them, if that was the case we would be bored by it pretty quickly. That's why I liked the Bat&Cat relationship in the comics [Pre reboot atleast] - They were not in the relationship all the time, which made the arcs in which they were together somewhat more special.

2. Agent Avesta - I like Her even more after this epiosde [My bat still wouldn't go for a romance option with Her, that Heart of His is taken already] Her morals seem to be set so close to Batman's, I think that She feels the same way, that's why She is kind of using Him as Her moral compass. If He says that something would be the right thing to do - She is ready to do it, because She believes Him.

3. Alfred - You got me worried Al, don't You ever do it again to me TELLTALE!

4. John - Through the whole game I was always trying to remember, that He was in Arkham for a REASON, that's why I was never able to fully trust Him, and that's why I didn't trust Him in the end. Althought it made me feel so bad... I came there genuinely wanting to help Him, wanting to trust Him, but it all burst like a bubble in the very moment when His voice changed and reminded me of His Arkham days [You can also add the creepy music to the list of reasons why, thanks again Telltale!].
      And the whole scene? The whole scene felt great, and boy did I feel bad after that? Have I wished I could have changed my decision? Oh yes, all the way through till the end of the episode. And it felt great, beacuse it felt real.
      I still won't change my mind, next time I will do the same thing and I will feel bad about it again, but in the end, isn't that exactly what beeing the Batman feels like?

Great episode I would give it 8.5/10, close second to the 3rd episode

• Anyone got a pic of the episode slide I can use for my phones background?

• Caught the reference to Heath Ledger’s detonation scene in the Dark Knight. Love you Telltale.

• And when Joker says to Bane in the Bodhi spa "He's always so serious !"

Caught the reference to Heath Ledger’s detonation scene in the Dark Knight. Love you Telltale.

• "I still think that not every single episode has to be revolving around them"

Lol, dude, we got a single episode this season with her appearance, she wasn't in Episode 1 and 2, in Season 1 yeah she was, you could have that as an excuse, but here she just appeared in Episode 3 and that's it, what is the point of giving you choices if you're not going to see the result of them? It would be like John not appearing in Episode 5 even after you made a great decision about him.

JmoooX posted: »

I liked the episode, I would even say that it was a great one. * Selina - I know that a lot of people complain about Selina's time on s

• Don't get me wrong, I would still prefer having more scenes with Her this ep, but I can bear to live with what we've got. Besides We still didn't see the last episode of this season, so hopefully She will have some more screen time next time.

Kaelthas posted: »

"I still think that not every single episode has to be revolving around them" Lol, dude, we got a single episode this season with her app

• I guess I'm in the minority that thought this was a great episode. Yes Freeze is underused and I wish Catwoman was around more, but there are some great deviations and change based on choices, I love what they have done with John Doe, the scene on the bridge is amazing, and we're seeing the effects that all of this is taking on Alfred, which is heartbreaking to watch. Short, but the content we got justifies it, so I'd give this somewhere between an 8.5-9.0/10.

• Holy shit, trusting John has got to be the most nervewracking thing I have ever done, at the tip of my seat for the rest of the episode, there was, for just a moment where I thought I did bad, but when John turned on Harley, sweet reward, proud of you buddy.

Now... obviously I am not a fan of his methods, but I really REALLY hope, that we get a vastly different episode 5 depending on how if we trusted John or not this episode.

Episode 5 also really needs at least some scenes with Catwoman, resolution to the romance plot (hopefully being able to have her stay this time if you want), and her connection with Riddler, which is almost solved for us (we know what happened to him), but it would be nice to have some scenes with Selina and put her mind at ease

• That’s the thing about Batman, he knows he can’t really win but he just keeps going and maintains his persona on being a savior and defender of Gotham because it’s not about him, it’s about the symbol of standing up to the worst of the worst but still maintaining your core morals and values.

Besides, it’s less Barman’s fault and moreso the fault of the Gotham justice system.

Kaelthas posted: »

That's the problem with Batman, every villain he let's live escapes and kills more people, but he naively believes they will turn good, beca

• Where is Gordon in all of this?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.