Episode 4 spoiler discussion

2»

Comments

• Good episode I thought! Apparently I set my john on the path to becoming a vigilante who is going to clean up the streets with batman lol. While dissapointed with little catwoman screen time, I understand why there wasn't. A lot was going on this episode and there wasn't going to be enough time for them to both sit down and talk about how their days have been. And lol, A lot of people do know Batmans identity. 8.5/10 for me!

• Considering how Waller was portrayed in this episode, I think he will have a big role in the final episode. It doesn't seem like the whole thing about choosing between the Agency and the GCPD is gonna be a thing anymore.

• Who would choose the Agency at this point?

DOBLEDEDO posted: »

Considering how Waller was portrayed in this episode, I think he will have a big role in the final episode. It doesn't seem like the whole thing about choosing between the Agency and the GCPD is gonna be a thing anymore.

• As someone who has exclusively sided with Gordon this season, Waller is actually one of my favorite characters still this season, her methods are believable, and I can always see where she is coming from, even when I dont agree.

The agency still seems semi solid to me, at least... still on our side, depending on choices (or no matter what, I dunno), Avesta destroys the blood (or takes it, who knows), its not because Waller has some ultimate motive that she doesnt give the blood, even though I agreed with Avesta this episode, it might be Avesta and not Waller who is the bad blood in the agency, she might have been manipulating Bruce this entire episode

Box Tv posted: »

Who would choose the Agency at this point?

• I'm not sure how I feel about this episode, yet. A little crazy, not funny enough... because previous episodes were really funny, for me, at least.
    Vigilante John's hair looks horrible, lol.

• So if you get the Vigilante ending for John, it says in the codex that Harley was taken into custody and will be behind bars for life. So maybe she won't appear in episode 5 if the vigilante ending is chosen

• "Batman doesn't use guns, Tiffany" - Alfred

I fucking couldn't stop laughing.

Tiefling posted: »

I'm not sure how I feel about this episode, yet. A little crazy, not funny enough... because previous episodes were really funny, for me, at least. Vigilante John's hair looks horrible, lol.

• Nice catch!

So if you get the Vigilante ending for John, it says in the codex that Harley was taken into custody and will be behind bars for life. So maybe she won't appear in episode 5 if the vigilante ending is chosen

• I believe that is how Waller will allow Harley to be in the Suicide Squad and probably control her to go after John.

So if you get the Vigilante ending for John, it says in the codex that Harley was taken into custody and will be behind bars for life. So maybe she won't appear in episode 5 if the vigilante ending is chosen

• I freaking love Vigilante John's hair it looks like he is trying to make his hair bat shaped. :smiley: Batman/Bruce should have the option to tell John why he changed his hair style. I think TellTale will surprise us with episode 5 this episode was so good I hope they take their time to really make the ending of this Season a powerful one. I also hope they make a Season 3. However, we will probably have to wait until the end of The Wolf Among Us Season 2 and The Walking Dead The Final Season.

Tiefling posted: »

I'm not sure how I feel about this episode, yet. A little crazy, not funny enough... because previous episodes were really funny, for me, at least. Vigilante John's hair looks horrible, lol.

• edited January 2018

I absolutely loved it. I'm actually shocked that none of my fears about choices and consequences etc. came true, but my hopes did. That's amazing. So much was happening that the ep felt longer than it actually was, and only when it was over I realised I hadn't missed playing as Batman at all since I hadn't even noticed that the ep was all Bruce. And it was great!

I was on the edge of my seat the whole time with John I'm surprised I didn't fall on my face, don't remember playing anything more nerve-wracking for a while. Every time, every dialogue option I was already heartbroken and preparing for a complete disaster which.. wasn't a disaster and instead was handled so good? I'm happy with how everything turned out and that it was believable in my playthrough. John's a vigilante, that's probably no good and I have no idea how that could go in ep 5 but apparently there needs to be a serious conversation.. hope we get seriously different kinds of ep 5 depending on if you trusted John or not, even if it means a shorter episode.

There were so many lines and details that stood out, like when John reminds Bruce that he offered to buy him a car when they're in Bruce's car lol, or when he mentions that infuriating laptop nice that was resolved, and those nods to Heath Ledger's Joker.. never getting over.
    Was nice to get scenes with Avesta like promised, can't completely trust her though. Only character I missed was Gordon. And finally a much needed scene with Freeze too, I choce to lower the temperature. Glad Harley is captured.. but then when you return to Batcave everybody else's things are on display but hers.

• The fact that Harley's things aren't on display makes me think she's not done yet

lilsnek posted: »

I absolutely loved it. I'm actually shocked that none of my fears about choices and consequences etc. came true, but my hopes did. That's am

• Most likely she is not because she either gets away with John or she is captured by The Agency. Both ways suggest that she might come back especially since she is a fan favorite character. I like the fact that John and Harley get together if John becomes a villain but I also like that John joins Batman for a change if he becomes a vigilante.

The fact that Harley's things aren't on display makes me think she's not done yet

• edited January 2018

Gordon?

Shadow2122 posted: »

Where is Gordon in all of this?

• Maybe Gordon will be the one to boot Waller out of Gotham.

• I thought it was a good episode. It might be my least favourite out of the Season, but it was still pretty solid.

Avesta finally got some space this time, but on the other hand Catwoman didn't get almost any and Gordon got none. Bane and Freeze were defeated too easily and the fight itself could have been longer, but eh, it was something I kinda expected from Telltale. What disappointed me the most was that Freeze continued being irrelevant like he was the entire season. Honestly, if you just replaced him with a random goon, nothing would change. And since he's kinda frozen for me, I doubt Telltale has any more plans for him this season.

The length of the episode didn't really bother me. I think it took me around 90 minutes, which wasn't that terrible. There were a lot of branching paths after all and the fact you could finish the whole episode without putting the Bat-suit on was pretty cool.

The star of the episode was definitely John. Every conversation with him made me uneasy and I had to pause to game to decide whether to trust John or not. (which I don't do that often in Telltale games) I'm really curious what will they do with him on the vigilante path. I'm under no illusion that we won't have to fight him regardless, but I hope there are at least enough divergent points in episode 5 to make John Villain/Vigilante worth it.

Anywho, I'd give it 7.5/10.

PS: It's almost the end of the season and Frank's still nowhere to be seen. Come on, Telltale.

• Go as Batman at the end, that prevents Bruce from looking stupid.

• Well actually everything was going perfect if you trusted John until Waller fucked it up. So the one looking stupid isn't Bruce from my perspective.

Go as Batman at the end, that prevents Bruce from looking stupid.

• The decisions you make throughout the Season will shape John Doe, except... not. A binary choice by the end of the episode is not what I'd call decisions made throughout the Season...

John's transformation should've been determined by a lot of factors. Huge disappointment on this aspect.

• I'm surprised that if you told John to manipulate people he doesn't end up betraying Bruce if you trust him. Like pretending to be trustworthy just to get to Harley and that last moment where Bruce has to tell Waller to stand down or not he decides to betray Bruce or something.

• They're saving most of it for the finale. Right now that binary (not true actually since he can still become the villain in the Bruce ending) choice affects which basic type of antagonist he'll be. Your choices throughout the season will mold him into your personal Joker who'll reference your decisions and use them against you. That's my understanding of it anyway. So I'd wait until after the final episode to decide whether Telltale delivered what they promised.

The decisions you make throughout the Season will shape John Doe, except... not. A binary choice by the end of the episode is not what I'd c

• How is the hug fanservice? John not respecting/knowing personal boundaries and his infatuation with Bruce are kind of his thing. A lot of memorable things happen. The Pact is taken down, we learn of Lotus, John snaps, Avesta gets more screen time, and we learn that Waller, of course, has a hidden agenda. This was a good episode, I didn't see many flaws with it other that Selina's exit.

Kaelthas posted: »

I can't believe I waited so long for a 1 hour episode in which nothing memorable happens but the already known snap of John, what a huge dis

• edited January 2018

I'm sad Catoman wasn't in it more (she's shaping up to be a great friend and ally!), but it is understandable why she wasn't. She had to get away from the Agency, and everything was happening so fast in the span of one night.
    I do, however, love all the scenes with Avesta!

• I'm curious how everyone else handled the scene with John and the dead agents (particularly the woman shot in the back) in the Funhouse?

• PS: It's almost the end of the season and Frank's still nowhere to be seen. Come on, Telltale.

Agreed. Where is Frank, Telltale? I'd getting real fed up with waiting for our glorious savior to return :triumph:

Pipas posted: »

I thought it was a good episode. It might be my least favourite out of the Season, but it was still pretty solid. Avesta finally got some

• First time I was all 'wtf John?!' And didn't trust him. Second time I was like 'your insane John' and trusted him.

I'm curious how everyone else handled the scene with John and the dead agents (particularly the woman shot in the back) in the Funhouse?

• I want more Bullock.

• To hell with Catwoman and Gordon, I'm glad to see you bringing up the glaring lack of Frank in this episode.
    Not even an inebriated Willy to entertain us, dang it Telltale what's happening to you ?

Pipas posted: »

I thought it was a good episode. It might be my least favourite out of the Season, but it was still pretty solid. Avesta finally got some

• edited January 2018

Not sure what i was expecting but i'm disappointed, more or less. The ep was short, lacked catwoman, had OBVIOUS choice options... Idk

• But it doesnt mean i'm not hyped. I sure as hell cant wait for the finale. And i read ttg wont be doing more of these well known franchise-based series now, so i hope they nail the ending :smile:

And then it would free the path for couple of well-awaited, A-rated, ttg series ;)

• edited January 2018

I didn’t see any plotholes

AdamRoberts posted: »

Not sure what i was expecting but i'm disappointed, more or less. The ep was short, lacked catwoman, had OBVIOUS choice options... Idk

• Obvious choice options? Is that why literally all of them are 50/50?

AdamRoberts posted: »

• I think the episode was short but great. I didn't notice plot-holes. I will say it seems Waller's venom for Bane doesn't do anything. But I'm gonna chalk it down to Waller being a liar and it maybe does something else? The outcome is the same if he injects it at the lab as it was if you leave him when retrieving Rddler's body. Actually its a tad bit worse because at least he'll notice somethings up with his venom if you leave him, at the labs he doesn't mention it at all and you deal with him the same as if he didn't take it. ....Waller is a useless ally. And given her agents are constantly getting their asses kicked, I'd say she's not even that bad of an enemy.

• John will mention him if you attacked Willy and choose "Be Threatening" during the Vigilante path where you let him go talk down Harley. He says something along the lines of "She's not some drunk in a bar you can push around." I thought that was really cool.

To hell with Catwoman and Gordon, I'm glad to see you bringing up the glaring lack of Frank in this episode. Not even an inebriated Willy to entertain us, dang it Telltale what's happening to you ?

• 'all of them are 50/50?'
    It was 90% when i played (4 days after the release)

HexIgon posted: »

Obvious choice options? Is that why literally all of them are 50/50?

• Yeah maybe thats not the correct word, but i'm not the best at expressing myself. Lets edit that comment

Box Tv posted: »

I didn’t see any plotholes

• So after playing the episode three times and changing a few of my choices, I’ve actually come around on it. It’s still disappointing that Catwoman gets nothing to do after the opening even if you don’t throw her under the bus in Episode 3, but eh, I suppose she might pop up again in the future if Telltale are planning on it. It still feels weird that Gordon never shows up I know he got fired but he could have at least showed up at the bridge, he’s still a good cop at heart and I doubt he would stand by and let his fellow officers and some civilians get blown up at the bridge. The episode also kind of suffers from the typical penumilate episode problem where the last half is just set up for the final episode.

John is a puzzle. I legitamately can’t tell if John is putting on an act and just playing everyone or if he sincerely sees a friend in Bruce or maybe it’s possibly both, like John is just testing Buce to see if he is willing to be friends with him and maybe perhaps John is taken a little by surprise by the fact that (depending on your choices) Buce is treating him like a real friend. I keep second guessing this because John has a habit of changing his overall demeanor in the span of a couple of minutes not to mention he’s got that “friend” inside of him that functions like a ticking time bomb.

• I just hope in the next episode we will not be tag as criminal again for the bridge episode, I'm kind of tired that Bruce is the punching bag everytime shit goes down when is the only one trying to save the day!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.