Batman EW Episode 5 Waiting Thread - Releasing March 27th, Both Trailers Out Now

Comments

• Also, new villain at 1:40 in the vigilante trailer?

• So any idea on who this is? Vigilante trailer seemed to focus on him but I dont remember him from any other episodes. At first I thought it was Eli but I think its just a reused model.

• Boys the moustache is back

• Also Im a little worried about Vigilante Joker story line, it looks like its going to make us work with Joker no matter what, atleast for a while, which is something I wont really want, it should be up to us if we want to keep helping him or not.

• Well, he stabbed Bane 3 times in the neck...

My thoughts on the trailers: Villain Joker looks awesome. Pretty horrifying stuff but I feel like the trailer gave a lot away. * Gor

• Yess....this is amazing...love all the people who suddenly understand that Vigilante Joker may be a bigger problem than strait up villain Joker!

• So Vigilante John is still Joker, loves cruelty and kills people? Who could have thought, huh? :)
    Seriously if only I could see people regret choosing him to be their sidekick when he is gonna cross the line, once the episode comes out. But I guess I could do with people above already regretting it. Well, you chose yourself, that is Telltale magic.

• I'm sure we would be able to prevent him crossing the line, or just let him to kill only villains not other people!

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

So Vigilante John is still Joker, loves cruelty and kills people? Who could have thought, huh? Seriously if only I could see people regret

• Whats your problem? Let people do what they want. You can’t control their Batman or gameplay.

So Vigilante John is still Joker, loves cruelty and kills people? Who could have thought, huh? Seriously if only I could see people regret

• Dude there's no correct choice here. Telltale made 2 distinct versions of episode 5, each route is valid. And many people have already told you that they don't care if vigilante Joker is violent but you're just not getting it.

• the quote he says "from what youve shown me , violence solves a lot of problems" at the end of the vigilante trailer is determinant i feel he could be more restrained , i think the joker they show in the trailer is a brutal vigilante where you beat willy , be brutal to pact thug , let john hit bullock or hit him yourself.

• Well Im sure in the end Vigilante Joker will still become a "villain" because if Telltale wants to do a Season 3, it will probably still have Joker. Maybe not as major but probably still involved, so he would still need to be portrayed as 100% a bad guy, just his reasoning may be different. Best guess is that Vigilante will transform more into a villain as he keeps doing more violent attacks, as seen in the trailer Bruce/Batman is not ok with John killing people.

the quote he says "from what youve shown me , violence solves a lot of problems" at the end of the vigilante trailer is determinant i feel h

• Im pretty sure vigilante Joker is still going to "go to far" and will end up as 100% a bad guy by the end of the episode. If they dont a S3 probably wont be likely, or S3 will be absent of Joker. Also it be kinda out of Batman's character for him to be ok with him just killing bad guys, as even Batman doesnt kill bad guys.

max_pain943 posted: »

I'm sure we would be able to prevent him crossing the line, or just let him to kill only villains not other people!

• I think Vigilante Joker may be less or more violent depending on our choices at Batman. In my story, if he really watched my Bruce, he would know I resort to violence only when necessary usually. Though I did beat Willy up. ?

the quote he says "from what youve shown me , violence solves a lot of problems" at the end of the vigilante trailer is determinant i feel h

• Villain Joker by the way looks fantastic (the eyebrow is not very distracting thankfully)
    What I managed to see and some ideas(I will go in order these scenes happened):
    1)Bullock is cut open and filled with toys (amazing Joker already), and I guess he could also blow up in that scene (like the guy in dark knight)
    2)John visits Wayne Enterprises and its board and I guess announces his plans for Gotham. He does not show them the footage of Bruce, Harley and Regina on the monitors, since when he enters, these images are already on the screen. I am gonna guess the board itself summons Bruce on that problem. I could also speculate that he might reveal that Bruce is Batman to the board since he is going to kill them anyway, so why not?
    After that he explodes a chemical weapon inside the building, presumably killing the board and Regina (not gonna miss you).
    3)There is a scene in the church where some guy says that Gotham is under siege and asks strenght from God. I am gonna guess this is Gotham's new mayor. Since Harvey is in Arkham or Blackgate, someone had to take the job. In Batman: The Man Who Laughs I believe that Joker actually murdered the mayor, so he could in this version too.
    4)Bruce drives the Batmobile out of the secret lab at Wayne Enterprises. I have to assume this scene happens right after Joker attacks the building with chemicals. Bruce saves himself by going to the lab and from there he goes out to hunt the Joker.
    5)Batman goes to Ace Chemicals where he fights the goons and seemingly loses. It looks like Gordon has some kind of deal with the Joker to stop him from unleashing more terror. Joker of course is not faithful to this deal, Batman and gordon fight some goons together, Gordon is wounded, probably killed in this scene.
    6)Bruce and Alfred in the manor and Alfred is wearing a hat. At the same time alfred says how we betrayed John, but he is out of sync with himself on screen. I honestly believe that is the ending scene where Alfred goes on vacation.
    7)Selina and Bruce (and in some scenes Tiffany as an Agent) are at the carnival in a electric cage (a trap) and fighting both Harley and Joker. I assume at some point Harley is defeated and we go after John alone. There is a point in the trailer where Bruce has to crawl through a tunnels filled with broken glass (like in Heavy Rain), this will be painful! Then he faces off against John in what I assume would be their final fight.

As for Vigilante:
    1)Batman falls through a roof, no idea what happens here. Could be after his fight with Bane, although this scene might take place at the beginnning, since Bruce is seen beaten pretty badly when talking to Alfred in the Batcave and it is clearly not near the end of the episode, so who knows.
    2)Joker sets up a trap for the Agency at the Riddler hideout.
    3)Jokermobile and people dressed as clowns, Joker influences people of Gotham to deliver frontier justice.
    4)Some agents (including Blake) are going to arrest these people but Joker shows up (with a grapple gun, a smoke granade and batarangs)
    5)Joker meets Alfred in an alley (this must be the scene that Kent Mudle talked about), then Batman and Joker take the Batmobile.
    6)The final showdown is againts the Suicide Squad and the Agency (no Mr. Freeze strangely). Batman and John work together to take down Bane. In one scene Joker violently stabbs Bane in the neck. It also looks like in that fight on the roof Batman is forced to knock a knife out of hand of the Joker.
    7)Gordon is lying on the ground hurt
    8)John throws some bombs on the ground, the newscaster at the beginning also says that there are 8 casualties talking about the Joker. And he also says that violance could solve a lot of problems. Sorry, had to point that out :)

• edited March 2018

Lmao, I'm sorry, but what's with the salt? Get off your high horse and stop acting like you're better than everyone else just because you don't agree with their choices, jeez.

• Alfred is right sometimes batman creates the bad that he fights

• What`s with the salt? Just pointing out the obvious facts that John is a maniac. It is not my problem people choose to go blind to that fact and start to butthurt everytime it is mentioned.

Lmao, I'm sorry, but what's with the salt? Get off your high horse and stop acting like you're better than everyone else just because you don't agree with their choices, jeez.

• Listen, I am done with ur bs. you need to accept people made a choice. get fucking over it. its a video game, so stop acting like its gonna get us killed irl.

What`s with the salt? Just pointing out the obvious facts that John is a maniac. It is not my problem people choose to go blind to that fact and start to butthurt everytime it is mentioned.

• You just proved what I said. Why are you so angry about me pointing that out? Because he truly is a maniac? Your choices are your own I am not forcing something on you. Stop butthurting over John, it`s just a videogame in the end. So take your own advice, buddy.

L-dog posted: »

Listen, I am done with ur bs. you need to accept people made a choice. get fucking over it. its a video game, so stop acting like its gonna get us killed irl.

• Okay. yeah, I went too far there. sorry. I can just get triggered really easily.

You just proved what I said. Why are you so angry about me pointing that out? Because he truly is a maniac? Your choices are your own I am n

• No, it`s okay. I am sorry too if I said something that was too much. Might happen to me too.

L-dog posted: »

Okay. yeah, I went too far there. sorry. I can just get triggered really easily.

• Hey! Look! people getting along on the fourms! so rare these days....

No, it`s okay. I am sorry too if I said something that was too much. Might happen to me too.

• I know your argument is over but it kinda ended as if L-dog was 100% in the wrong and I don't want them to think that. Though they were a bit too aggressive.

It seems to me that they're problem was you were going out of your way to criticize and tell other members that their choice was wrong rather than simply agreeing to disagree.

You just proved what I said. Why are you so angry about me pointing that out? Because he truly is a maniac? Your choices are your own I am n

• Pretty sure the guy talking is a Priest, not the mayor. The guy talking is in a church. Obviously it could be a trick to make us think that is who is talking, but the guy says "Oh Lord" so I think its safe to assume that it is indeed a Priest talking, not the mayor.

Villain Joker by the way looks fantastic (the eyebrow is not very distracting thankfully) What I managed to see and some ideas(I will go in

• Both fantastic trailers, looking forwards to playing both runs of Joker and the two different situations.

• No no, I admitted that I could be too carried away too. So yeah, I apologize if that is the case for anyone.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I know your argument is over but it kinda ended as if L-dog was 100% in the wrong and I don't want them to think that. Though they were a bi

• Same here! My first and canon playthrough is with Vigilante Joker. I can't wait for that, but I'm also looking forward to playing Villain Joker afterward!

Both fantastic trailers, looking forwards to playing both runs of Joker and the two different situations.

• That is a possibility. It is just that the guy is not dressed like a priest, at least the way I see it. He has a shirt and a tie. I just thought that it is the mayor adressing citizens about recent Joker acrivity, telling them to be strong and it happens in the church cause a lot of people died recently, could be even Gordon laying in the casket behind him. Could be a priest though, you are right. Although I do not know why would that scene be there. At least with the mayor I could assume he is on Joker`s list

Poogers555 posted: »

Pretty sure the guy talking is a Priest, not the mayor. The guy talking is in a church. Obviously it could be a trick to make us think that

• So it looks like you get to work with Selina a lot more in the Villian route. I hope that with the Vigilante she isn't turned against you (unless, obviously, you betrayed her to Harley) because I was hoping to have a good relationship with her still. Platonic, because I'm not interested in her romantically, but as a friend and ally.

• Great and exciting trailers, I will play both paths as well as many others of you here. Any recommendations on what path to start with and any reason why?

I was thinking about starting with the Villain Joker one since it seems to be more darker-themed then the Vigilante Joker... but I did get the vigilante ending the first time I played so perhaps play that first since it would be more honest?

• After watching john Vigilante trailer

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I'd say going with your first outcome is the best.

19Street95 posted: »

Great and exciting trailers, I will play both paths as well as many others of you here. Any recommendations on what path to start with and a

• That could be possible, but there also just isnt a lot of people at the Church. Telltale maybe removed things like Gordon's family if he indeed dies. This could also just be Telltale making him a "preacher" instead of a Priest too. To be honest I wouldnt be surprised if he is a Preacher instead of a Priest.

That is a possibility. It is just that the guy is not dressed like a priest, at least the way I see it. He has a shirt and a tie. I just tho

• Yeah, what @dojo32161 said. Whichever one feels more natural to you. :)

19Street95 posted: »

Great and exciting trailers, I will play both paths as well as many others of you here. Any recommendations on what path to start with and a

• I hope they don't forget about Riddler. I want to know who killed him. But I have faith in them; I doubt they'll forget.

• Hope we dont face Agent Avesta in the vigilante path.

• i really hope we can have a seen with vigilante joker about batmans code similar with tiffany in ep 4

• Well, I would guess if you have a good relationship with Selina it will play out differently, even if she is forced to fight against you in the vigilante path she still looks a bit concerned. I hope we can help her at least and get the happy ending that some of us wish on them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• DC has a new behind the scenes video for Episode 5

Sign in to comment in this discussion.