Batman EW Episode 5 Waiting Thread - Releasing March 27th, Both Trailers Out Now

Comments

• It was never shitposting, it was pure passion for the story to benefit.

TFW the forums have been shitposting about the return of Frank but then Telltale actually brings him back as a clown that is working for Joker

• Now I'm worried I messed up and he won't appear in the episode. :(

Yeah, it's really him! He won't be in every playthrough, so I'm excited to see which forum members see him in theirs

• Fair points. I saw one scene where batman was unmasked and conversing with John if you went down the Vigilante path.

With the knife getting knocked out of his hands, i suspect a scuffle could have occurred if you didn't agree with John's method of lethal force. Waller mentioning that you let a maniac escape with the virus, well that bitch tried to kill him and caused the chain of events on the bridge.

John is batshit crazy and willing to kill anybody he perceives to be crooks, and i think it will put him at odds with Bruce

AChicken posted: »

What is with you wanting people to regret their decisions? They do now, but no need to gloat by saying "Hah I knew this from the start, you

• I'm under the impression that he will appear for the people who got vigilante Joker. I mean, what past choices could possibly matter in whether Frank shows up as a henchman or not?

Pipas posted: »

Now I'm worried I messed up and he won't appear in the episode.

• Ahhhh very interesting trailers very well put together. Also the chokers on selina and company look really fashionable. Is the joker running a fashion show?

• The only one that comes to mind is how you handled Willy in episode 2. Since he visits the same bar as Frank, it's possible they might be pals. If you beat Willy up, he might not want to have anything to do with John or his fanclub. But if you bought him a beer, he probably wouldn't have anything against John, thus joining him and later convincing Frank to join as well.

Buuut I'm most likely reaching.

I'm under the impression that he will appear for the people who got vigilante Joker. I mean, what past choices could possibly matter in whether Frank shows up as a henchman or not?

• That's a possibility. I think it will be to whether we choose to bring Tiffany along with us. If we don't bring her for whatever reason the John will get the goons to come along.

Pipas posted: »

The only one that comes to mind is how you handled Willy in episode 2. Since he visits the same bar as Frank, it's possible they might be pa

• What's confusing me is how quickly Harley seems to be slipping into a sidekick role to the Joker in the villain side. I thought this version was supposed to have more of a dominant and in charge personality compared to other Harleys. I wonder if she'll be totally happy being Joker's second in command instead of the boss.

• Those are I think created by the Agency to keep them loyal to Waller and (in the case of the Vigilante path) form the Suicide Squad. I assume in the Villain path Joker stole some to collar people for his own ends.

ManBat posted: »

Ahhhh very interesting trailers very well put together. Also the chokers on selina and company look really fashionable. Is the joker running a fashion show?

• Good point.

What's confusing me is how quickly Harley seems to be slipping into a sidekick role to the Joker in the villain side. I thought this version

• Where is Mori in all of this stuff going down?

• He tripped on a plothole and died.

Shadow2122 posted: »

Where is Mori in all of this stuff going down?

• lol

He tripped on a plothole and died.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited March 2018

Well, if you take the drive by force, he almost certainly isn't a friend anymore. And if you make a deal, he's probably off hiding on some remote island or something.

Not much he can really do to help either way. I mean the guy's an arms dealer, right? What can he really do besides give Bruce guns, one of the things he hates?

• That's the problem with this season in general. Character's personalities shift dramatically from scene to scene. It was noticeable with Harley in episode 2 with Bruce. One minute she mistrusts him, the next flirting with him. Waller's all over the map too. Serious lapses in characterization continuity.

What's confusing me is how quickly Harley seems to be slipping into a sidekick role to the Joker in the villain side. I thought this version

• edited March 2018

I did find that rather odd in the Villain ending of Episode 4. (Haven't seen the trailer, so can't comment on those events.)
    "Like, you're really letting John take charge of your escape? I thought you thought he wasn't capable."

Eh, maybe with John's burden of friendship with Bruce gone, he's learned to take charge of his own life, really spruce up his lifestyle.. "Don't take no for an answer!" attitude. :smiley:
    Maybe Harley likes those kind of guys.

We'll see how submissive she is to him when the full episode releases. Hopefully they're on equal ground, as any good couple should be. :p

• I think it's because Villain Joker is becoming more and more the kind of man she likes, so naturally you'd be a bit taken. It's possible she's still manipulating him in a subtle way, possibly unaware he might be doing the same to her.

• It looks great can't wait

• You better give us a new series about Frank in which we are shown his descent into darkness.

PS: Thanks for bringing our Robin back btw

Yeah, it's really him! He won't be in every playthrough, so I'm excited to see which forum members see him in theirs

• "YOU SHOULD KILL ME WAYNE! I WONT FORGET!"

• Don't worry, in this season's cliffhanger we'll find out that Mori's suing Wayne for assault, (even if you gave him the money cause he's a shady guy like that) and Season 3 will be the thrilling and action-packed finale of... The Courtroom.

Poogers555 posted: »

"YOU SHOULD KILL ME WAYNE! I WONT FORGET!"

• This episode looks incredible! I am so excited! I hope Bullock and Gordon make it out okay. Things don't look good for them.

• edited March 2018

In some ways the villain ending is one i may have mixed feelings with because John did do a lot for Bruce like messaging him that Mori was a lead to get to riddler, and many other actions to show he was looking out for him.

Him being the Villain is interesting to see, but lets not forget the good experiences that John and Bruce had together if you treated him right

• Waller or gordon

• The flirting with Harley was just to get in Bruce’s head and to push John and Bruce apart.

AeroRep posted: »

That's the problem with this season in general. Character's personalities shift dramatically from scene to scene. It was noticeable with Har

• Plus, there's a whole scene where Harley explains to Bruce why she behaves like that in Episode 2.

Vetominer posted: »

The flirting with Harley was just to get in Bruce’s head and to push John and Bruce apart.

• I didn't see anything of her explaining to Bruce why she acted like what she did in episode 2.

Plus, there's a whole scene where Harley explains to Bruce why she behaves like that in Episode 2.

• edited March 2018

She likes to push buttons and keep people off balance and guessing her next move so they don't see "the real her." She likes to be unpredictable and shake things up to hide her insecurities and weaknesses.

I didn't see anything of her explaining to Bruce why she acted like what she did in episode 2.

• I actually hope we would be able to free Harley, i don't care about Selina!

19Street95 posted: »

Well, I would guess if you have a good relationship with Selina it will play out differently, even if she is forced to fight against you in

• My mind is made up. No matter how hard I'm trying to convince myself trusting John was the right choice it just is not. I can't possibly envision the Batman I grew to admire siding with someone so obviously deranged, Joker is bound to make a mistake and Batman will be complicit. Now, I'm aware Batman/Bruce is complicit regardless since he sort of "created" Joker if you betray him but to me this is the most sensible option if not the most narratively fresh one.

I'm sorry John but Batman has a reputation to uphold. Waller is dirty but she is not a psycopath and wants a safer Gotham at the end of the night.
    I will do what I can to preserve John, but I suspect judging by the last achievement that he will go missing somehow.

And I'm certain a very beloved character will die, or several come to think of it.

Tuesday is going to be one very emotional day.

• Could we know if it's the same voiceactor for him, or someone new?

• Maybe Harley's just letting him do his first real villain job by himself while she's supervising him.

• Just you wait until it's revealed that it was actually him who killed Riddler. Then you'll be SORRY!

Poogers555 posted: »

"YOU SHOULD KILL ME WAYNE! I WONT FORGET!"

• edited March 2018

As much as I wanted a Vigilante Joker I gotta admit the Villain playthrough looks really fun. Good thing I have two saves for each route. I look forward to doing things differently on my other two save files and seeing how much I can change his personality.

• I can't believe the forum memed a character into villainy. What have you people done?!

Also why are some of you so bothered about people making different choices from you and Telltale making branching paths that differ from one another greatly? It's a choice based game so why should any of this surprise you?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

The courtroom can be very action packed, sir.

AChicken posted: »

Don't worry, in this season's cliffhanger we'll find out that Mori's suing Wayne for assault, (even if you gave him the money cause he's a shady guy like that) and Season 3 will be the thrilling and action-packed finale of... The Courtroom.

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

You either die a meme or live long enough to become a villain.

lupinb0y posted: »

I can't believe the forum memed a character into villainy. What have you people done?! Also why are some of you so bothered about people

• edited March 2018

I’ve been reading comics for far too long to go with villain Joker. If I want to see that I’ll just read any Batman comic book I’ve read in the past thirty five years. Vigilante was the easy choice for me. Out with the old, in with the new.

• I see what you're saying and I too went with Vigilante Joker but there's still something new and unique to the villain route. John will still be a sympathetic character, especially since in that route the Joker only exists because he feels that he was betrayed by his best friend. My point is it still won't be the same old story.

AnimalBoy posted: »

I’ve been reading comics for far too long to go with villain Joker. If I want to see that I’ll just read any Batman comic book I’ve read in the past thirty five years. Vigilante was the easy choice for me. Out with the old, in with the new.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.