Batman EW Episode 5 Waiting Thread - Releasing March 27th, Both Trailers Out Now

Comments

• i think he could turn good if you were good around him , i agree hes unstable but remember bruce could count as crazy as well from the trauma of his parents deaths therefore maybe a crusade is what john needs to channel his anger

• I'll take the liberty for seeing if that's true.
    So much replyability in this episode especially if there'll be major choices.

Tiefling posted: »

Well, they said he'll be watching and learning in every scene.

• In the villain trailer when they show the batmobile in Lucius Lab, you can see Alfred on the tv. Not sure if its important.

• edited March 2018

It was probably mentioned already, because it is pretty easy to see, but just in case: in the villain trailer when Joker joins Wayne Enterprises meeting, on the screen in the background there are shots from the camera footage from when Bruce entered WE with Harley and John back then... So most probably they were discussing Bruce's strange behavior there (or Joker manipulated the screens to show these exact footage on his entrence to the meeting).

This meeting in WE will probably turn out to be really uneasy for Bruce.

• I need the episode now

• Three more days...?

I need the episode now

• Really hoping Mori isnt forgotten.

It would be pretty interesting if its revealed Mori hired Deathstroke (gonna go with him and not Deadshot cuz Deadshot is getting his whole comic thing) to kill Riddler or something. I mean Mori does have a Motive to want Riddler dead.

mirashade posted: »

Also maybe paying off Mori vs whatever other violent options there were for getting info on Riddler, if Telltale decides John found out about how you did that.

• I think your right that he changes depending on your actions. On my last play through I noticed that with those two moments the “John will remember that” changed to “John won’t forget that”.

about vigilante path i reckon he could be redeemed as if you bribe willy / bullock and be merciful to banes thug he couldnt say "from what i

• Let’s hope nothing bad happens to Alfred.

• Unless Deadshot dies in the comic (no spoilers please!) I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility for him to appear in the game.

Speaking of the comic, how can I get my hands on that thing?

Poogers555 posted: »

Really hoping Mori isnt forgotten. It would be pretty interesting if its revealed Mori hired Deathstroke (gonna go with him and not Deads

• Someone who isn't me knows that if you search "Batman Sins of the Father free online" you might be able to read it

AgentZ46 posted: »

Unless Deadshot dies in the comic (no spoilers please!) I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility for him to appear in the game. Speaking of the comic, how can I get my hands on that thing?

• She'll come back in Season 3 most likely. :wink:

You know I was thinking about all these Frank memes but you know who legitimately should have came back for a small appearance? This woman f

• Wow! I can't wait until Episode 5! I watched the Vigilante trailer and I must say...... I am anxious for what will happen in Episode 5. I have been John's friend throughout the series but my Bruce/ Batman always wants to do what he feels is right. So I think if it comes to it..... I may have to stop John and show him violence is not the way

• Bruce is exposed to the virus on the bridge and starts swinging wildly at Agency people. I don't recall if Batman was in the other scenario but this has to resolved. In connection I'm starting to wonder if Telltale has forgotten about Riddler's killer.

When did that happen?

• Why some people will have the episode 5 one day earlier??

• What are you talking about?

Why some people will have the episode 5 one day earlier??

• edited March 2018

Um...no he wasn’t. Firstly, John had the only sample of the virus left and in the vigilante trailer you can clearly see that he still has it unused. Secondly, John threw riot/tear gas. Not the virus. The virus is in liquid form, not gas/smoke form. Thirdly, Bruce was not swinging wildly at agents. He was defending himself. Waller told her agents to subdue Bruce so he only defended himself when one approached him.

AeroRep posted: »

Bruce is exposed to the virus on the bridge and starts swinging wildly at Agency people. I don't recall if Batman was in the other scenario

• It didn’t.

When did that happen?

• Some youtubers get the episode on Monday which usually results in a flood of spoilers.

What are you talking about?

• Youtubers always ruin the game.

• Well the virus does have gas coming off of it, but yeah it was not used at all during the ep 4 bridge scene. However the episode 5 trailer for villian Joker looks like John uses the Virus at Wanye Tower (seeing that the gas is the same color of the virus)

AnimalBoy posted: »

Um...no he wasn’t. Firstly, John had the only sample of the virus left and in the vigilante trailer you can clearly see that he still has it

• It's our responsability to stay clear from them.

Famous "influencers" are entitled to that privilege.

DanteTimes2 posted: »

Some youtubers get the episode on Monday which usually results in a flood of spoilers.

• These famous influencers should also be responsible enough not have spoilers in their thumbnails or title .

It's our responsability to stay clear from them. Famous "influencers" are entitled to that privilege.

• Some youtubers always have the episode one day before it released for everyone

• That would be sensible indeed, but those who venture on their Youtube feed should know what to expect come Monday.

These famous influencers should also be responsible enough not have spoilers in their thumbnails or title .

• Not opening YouTube Monday that's for sure
    t

That would be sensible indeed, but those who venture on their Youtube feed should know what to expect come Monday.

• Oh yeah, that's for promotional purposes I'm guessing. They give the YouTubers early copies so that there will be playthroughs up early on release day, but some youtubers get them done earlier than others. And then there's the whole Australian timezone conundrum for Xbox players.

Some youtubers always have the episode one day before it released for everyone

• In s2e1 I thought John was the creepiest piece of crap in the world and I wanted to go the villain route with him. By the end of episode 4 I found him an endearing character who I'm trying to keep on my side. Anyone have a similar experience?

• edited March 2018

There is an article on Xbox News wire written by Meghan Thornton, Batman: The Enemy Within Episode 5's Lead Writer which discusses Vigilante Joker and Villain Joker and his character. I hope you enjoy the read.
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/03/22/batman-the-enemy-within-season-finale-feature/

• Well I agree in the beginning I didn't trust him and I was playing him from the start to see if he would detect that I was not truly his friend. However, as the episodes continued and we saw more of John I felt kind of sorry for him and started backing him up and doing stuff that would help him out. By the end of episode 4 I found out that he wanted to be vigilante like Batman and well now we just have to wait for Episode 5 to see how it plays out.

In s2e1 I thought John was the creepiest piece of crap in the world and I wanted to go the villain route with him. By the end of episode 4 I found him an endearing character who I'm trying to keep on my side. Anyone have a similar experience?

• No for some odd reason I had that feeling about John more so in season 1, and in season 2 he seems like someone who's lost and wants guidance so I wanted be his friend and steer him the right way.

In s2e1 I thought John was the creepiest piece of crap in the world and I wanted to go the villain route with him. By the end of episode 4 I found him an endearing character who I'm trying to keep on my side. Anyone have a similar experience?

• When he showed up to Lucius' funeral I thought he was messing with me. But as the season goes on you see how lost he truly is and that he really does value Bruce's friendship.

No for some odd reason I had that feeling about John more so in season 1, and in season 2 he seems like someone who's lost and wants guidance so I wanted be his friend and steer him the right way.

• At first I thought he was just using me so I could meet his friends but now it's a different ball game

• The Vigilante throughline seemed the most daunting task at first, given this wasn’t a Joker we’d seen before in comics or other media. But in some ways, it was the easier of the two stories to resolve. When he was reintroduced in episode one, John Doe approached Bruce as a friend, so finding an ally, however flawed, in Joker felt like a very natural extension of the season. In contrast, John turning against Bruce was a harder swerve and had more pitfalls simply because it resembled a Joker we already knew. Vigilante Joker felt fresh from day one, whereas Villain Joker needed special care not to feel stagnant.

Looks like I was totally right in saying that vigilante Joker was the most natural pathway for John given everything that happened during the season.

• Yeah thats what makes the thought of fighting villain Joker so emotional is because you know John truly feels hurt by you not trusting him.

When he showed up to Lucius' funeral I thought he was messing with me. But as the season goes on you see how lost he truly is and that he really does value Bruce's friendship.

• Yeah, didn't trust him too at first. But he does act wierd, mb it's because of his give and take approach to the relatonships. He starts with it in Arkham. I'll do something for you - you'll do something for me.
    Think it's, mb, his first attempt to make a friend and he's just following the rules by the book, lol.
    With time it becames more natural. He just acts like a friend and expects our trust and support.

When he showed up to Lucius' funeral I thought he was messing with me. But as the season goes on you see how lost he truly is and that he really does value Bruce's friendship.

• I wouldn't say that since there are people who see that John is not lost but insane and is lacking any kind of moral standards which is why he joined The Pact. I mean we all know that John was in Arkham Asylum but for what reason? We have no idea, all we know is that he has a mental disease and that he spent half his life in there because he was not able to control it.

The Vigilante throughline seemed the most daunting task at first, given this wasn’t a Joker we’d seen before in comics or other media. But i

• edited March 2018

I even went along with him in season 1 when he seemed more calculating. Nothing’s changed. Been genuine friends with him all the way through.

• "Those dang Australians... Why do they have to live in the future while we live in the past?!" /sarcasm, of course

• This waiting is killing us.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.