Telltale Please Keep Batman Going

I understand the desire to try new properties and not get sucked into one thing, especially in a volatile market like selling video games. But I think this series deserves more than two seasons. I think this series has the potential to be Telltale's next TWD in terms of being their flagship series, and a lot of people seem to agree with me. The lore TT has to draw from, and the fact that DC gave them the greenlight to create their own Batman mythos means this story can go just about anywhere. I haven't seen passion for a TT series like this since TWD and TWAU. I think TT fans want to see Bruce's story progress as long as possible. My only complaint is I think Telltale needs to hire a good Story Analyst to keep the episodes logically consistent so we don't wind up with things like the Counter-Agent being pointless. Besides that, S1 was a great introduction to the world, and S2 has pretty much blown everyone's expectations out of the park. I beg you TT, don't forget Batman after this season is up. Okay, that's all I wanted to say. I'm off to play episode 4 for the fourth time now.

Comments

• edited January 2018

This series deserves at least a trilogy.

• Agreed, at LEAST a trilogy

This series deserves at least a trilogy.

• I'd be down for a third and final season to have a nice Batman Trilogy. However, I'd definitely want somethings to change. Like I really hope the whole Bruce working with the agency and villains is never brought back for a season 3. It kinda overstayed its welcome seeing that episode 2 we are undercover, episode 3, still undercover, episode 4 finally loose cover but are still stuck having to work with the agency. I miss how in Season 1 we had our own operation and were the boss of ourselves, the being forced to do what the agency wants, to me, just started to feel really restricting.

And working for the villains I feel didnt work out so well. Seeing their motivations in episode 4 just made no sense, the only one that did make sense was freeze, the others were just like, "Um... I dont really see the motive for all this"

• I hope they keep it going. I liked what they've done with season 2 and it made me appreciate season 1 all the more. I think there's so much potential for this series and it would be the ultimate shame to let it die out after season 2.

• i think they'll at least get a season 3, i assume season 2 has sold well enough for that. with walking dead finishing after season 4. theres guardians of the galaxy, the wolf among us and game of thrones games they're working on.

i hope in season 3 they bring in firefly, poison ivy, scarecrow.

• RIP counteragent we will never forget you ?

• edited January 2018

I personally found all the Pact's motivations to be fine. I can see people being shaky about Harley's but Bane and Freeze especially had sound motivations. Bane wanted to be free of the addiction of Venom. If he goes without it for too long he'll suffer terrible withdrawal. The Venom was forced on him by a program at Peña Duro that was using the inmates as test subjects for super soldier trials (trials which I'll choose to believe were conducted by SANCTUS in this continuity until proven otherwise). Bane was the only survivor of these trials and now he has to constantly inject himself with Venom every once in a while or suffer the consequences (and injecting too much Venom also has negative consequences in the future).

Poogers555 posted: »

I'd be down for a third and final season to have a nice Batman Trilogy. However, I'd definitely want somethings to change. Like I really hop

• I found all the Pact's motivations to just be weak (except Freeze, like I said, his is the only one that makes sense and works for the story.) I found Bane's to be pretty botched considering Bane says he wants it to perfect his venom, but Freeze says its so he can be cured of his addiction. There's already a continuity error right there, I dont know why Bane would tell Freeze thats why he really wanted it but then lie to everyone else and just its a strange weird mess that wouldnt have happened if they just didnt add the random line from Bane. Also, this is Telltale's own cannon, so Im not going to believe Bane was tested on which spakred his venom injection situation because it happened a few times in the comics, it hasnt been touched upon in the game so I wouldnt say thats a cannon fact to back up Bane's weak reasoning. (unless it is mentioned somewhere in the codex or a quick line)

I personally found all the Pact's motivations to be fine. I can see people being shaky about Harley's but Bane and Freeze especially had sou

• edited January 2018

I assume Bane and Freeze are pretty much taken straight from the comics. In Episode 2 Bane mentions being born in Peña Duro which is exactly like the comics so It's likely the Venom tests are a sure thing too. I was also a bit perplexed by what he told Freeze in the scene where you join the Pact on the heist. I guess he could have used Lotus to make Venom less harmful and addictive. Maybe he would still use it, but he wouldn't have to rely on it constantly as he does at the moment due to the addictive nature of the drug. Sort of like in Arkham Origins (where Bane was also voiced by JB Blanc) when Bane tried to make TN-1. I guess he was trying something similar in the Telltale series:

Just a theory I hope it gets cleared up in Episode 5. I doubt it will be, but I hope it does.

I found all the Pact's motivations to just be weak (except Freeze, like I said, his is the only one that makes sense and works for the story

• Completely agree. I never bought the Pact from the beginning. They never would have allowed Bruce to join. Just because John wanted him in, the weakest member of the group? They could have got a phalanx key another way. The premise of the entire season is thin even by superhero standards. Plus this is not Bruce Wayne, the Telltale Series. It's Batman.

I'd be down for a third and final season to have a nice Batman Trilogy. However, I'd definitely want somethings to change. Like I really hop

• I would be fine if it was a trilogy and we can finally have some actuall heave choices...

But I think Telltale should explore other DC heroes after that...

• I didn't have a problem with the Pact accepting Bruce. Alfred brought up some good reasons why they would towards the beginning. I just think they all accepted him a little too quickly. Still, at least Bane was suspicious of Bruce Wayne the entire time even when he appeared to be accepting of him.

AeroRep posted: »

Completely agree. I never bought the Pact from the beginning. They never would have allowed Bruce to join. Just because John wanted him in,

• I actually really liked to infiltrate the villains... I agree with you on the agency restricting you in s2 although I prefer the agency over Gordon and the GCPD.

• Me too! It gave a new fresh way to get to know the villains somewhat personally instead of having them all personally know Bruce like Harvey and Oz did. I just wish we got to interact with Bane and Freeze more. Other than that, I loved infiltrating the Pact.

Hypnosis posted: »

I actually really liked to infiltrate the villains... I agree with you on the agency restricting you in s2 although I prefer the agency over Gordon and the GCPD.

• edited January 2018

Yeah, imo the part where you need to get the approval of Freeze & Bane was the most fun

Me too! It gave a new fresh way to get to know the villains somewhat personally instead of having them all personally know Bruce like Harvey

• Yes please do a series 3 and bring back HAVEY DENT/ TWO-FACE. Awesome version in series 1, I would love to see Two-face team up with Joker and other villains to take on batman.

• edited February 2018

I'd rather see new villains I think telltale may go for the more realistic approach that they aren't going to all magically bust out of prison or arkham when the plot demands it. Plenty of other villains that deserve the lime light. Court of owls, league of assassins, scarecrow, poison ivy etc. Would be cool if they brought as less well know villain to the series too like White Rabbit:

Yes please do a series 3 and bring back HAVEY DENT/ TWO-FACE. Awesome version in series 1, I would love to see Two-face team up with Joker and other villains to take on batman.

• Fair enough.

I'd rather see new villains I think telltale may go for the more realistic approach that they aren't going to all magically bust out of pris

• tbh I don't really think he should return as a villian. Not saying I don't want to see him, I do want to, just not as a villian this time.

Yes please do a series 3 and bring back HAVEY DENT/ TWO-FACE. Awesome version in series 1, I would love to see Two-face team up with Joker and other villains to take on batman.

• I did my part to ensure the financial success of their Batman games. I can't do much more than that aside from expressing my already growing interest for a season 3.

Ultimately it is not our decision.

• Court of Owls would be a logical villain considering we already have Regina in the mix. I Would love Avesta to be undercover for League of Shadows as a finale twist and to segway into s3. Give us Poison Ivy ir Killer Croc and perhaps the return of Two face and i think it would be a balanced roster of villains.

• As cool as Two-Face coming back would be I dont think they will because too many determinate statuses. I wouldnt mind if he showed up as an Easter egg for a small scene though.

If a villain is to return I think it would be Oz, considering he is basically the same for everyone. Not to mention that news article you can read about him on the Bat computer about him being a "model inmate" trying to get released. I highly doubt he would appear again with the excusing being "they just let me go lmao" he'd probably break out in someway, but I think he is the most likely to return. It be cool if season 2 ends similar to how S1 ended but instead of John its Oz.

Court of Owls would be a logical villain considering we already have Regina in the mix. I Would love Avesta to be undercover for League of S

• I think that by season 4 everyone in Gotham will know who Batman is. Place your bets people.

Jokes aside, I would die for a third season. Can't get enough of our lil Brucey boi.

• I'd love a third season. Was so-so on Season One, but Seaosn Two has been amazing so far.

• It wouldn't be far fetched to see Regina in an owl mask.
    Interesting how it would play out since she's an "ally"

Court of Owls would be a logical villain considering we already have Regina in the mix. I Would love Avesta to be undercover for League of S

• Ally is somewhat of a stretch. I haven't trusted her since s1e3.

Dan10 posted: »

It wouldn't be far fetched to see Regina in an owl mask. Interesting how it would play out since she's an "ally"

• I think this game will get a third season seeing as how much the fans love this series. The only problem I think is that TellTale needs to improve its marketing a bit like they need to put ads on TV like on the CW where most of DC shows are like Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, and Black Lightning. DC fans will see the trailer for Batman: The Enemy Within and buy it then they might even buy the first season. I think the marketing is the part that makes it hard for people to know they released a new game. To be honest if I did not visit the forums constantly I would not know the release date for the rest of the episodes.

On another note for Season 3 I would love if the Court of Owls would appear or maybe even Barbatos but he requires a big long plot to introduce him. I think Poison Ivy is going to be in Season 3 seeing as how popular she is among Batman fans. I loved all the seasons of Batman by TellTale and would love a trilogy and a fourth entry to conclude Batman's story but also have Batman show up in say a Wonder Woman TellTale series (bumps TellTale with elbow) right right! :lol: In all seriousness though I do want a Wonder Woman TellTale series because she would be so cool to play as.

• Yeah. reason I put speech marks.

Ally is somewhat of a stretch. I haven't trusted her since s1e3.

• It be cool if season 2 ends similar to how S1 ended but instead of John its Oz.

Easy-peasy.

• Go as Bruce or Batman to Gordon's re-promotion to Commissioner of GCPD.
    • If Bruce, you can put more funding into Arkham so John gets the care he needs/put funding into GCPD so they get a better arsenal against upcoming threats.
    • If Batman, proclaim how you want to help Gotham, bla bla bla.
    • Random Joe wants his 10 minutes of fame, so he tries to kill Bruce/Gordon.
    • Cut to Oswald, free in a bar: "See you soon, Brucie!" // "It'll be tough to top that one! I'll give it a shot..."

So... is that how you want it? I got it exactly right?? Such a perfect ending, it can work for anything! :trollface:

As cool as Two-Face coming back would be I dont think they will because too many determinate statuses. I wouldnt mind if he showed up as an

• edited February 2018

Oswald should definitely return, he is like the arch-nemensis type of this series. A lot of his spotlight went to the background with Lady Arkham and Harvey. Could definitely see a prison break with Penguin.

• Only if in Season 3 Oz seemingly forgets that he was in the bar making threats to Batman/Bruce and is never brought up in Season 3 thus making the whole scene feel misleading in the long run!

AChicken posted: »

It be cool if season 2 ends similar to how S1 ended but instead of John its Oz. Easy-peasy. * Go as Bruce or Batman to Gordon's

• Oh! Excellent! Brings a tear to me eye...

Only if in Season 3 Oz seemingly forgets that he was in the bar making threats to Batman/Bruce and is never brought up in Season 3 thus making the whole scene feel misleading in the long run!

• I still want the Raz/Talia al-Ghul arc at some point to really test Bruce's morality at some point. Which could bring up Damian Wayne at another point if you choose to bang Talia. Oh the fun that could be had. Sigh. So many things could happen, tis why I want this to go on and on and on. Not feasible, but still I hold out hope until they pull the rug out from under me.

• I think Penguin can and will return however he has one of his legs broken by Batman meaning he may limp as he walks somewhat resembling an actual penguin. I think Talia and Ra's will be the next season's villains because Avesta may be Talia and she did say she wanted to team-up with Batman again so who knows until TellTale reveals it to us.

• Maybe Ras shot Riddler because he had Avesta and they are saving that reveal for next season.

• If the previous season is any indication Telltale will give us a glimpse of what to expect from an hypothetical season 3. I no longer believe Avesta is Talia is disguise but that she is simply working undercover for the League.

That makes more sense. Avesta does not seem "capable" enough to be Talia unless of course Telltale rewrote her entire history (running from her father and the league, finding her own way etc...).

Zjaa6 posted: »

Maybe Ras shot Riddler because he had Avesta and they are saving that reveal for next season.

• There is no evidence to suggest she is not Talia though. Iman Avesta does not exist in the comics so it could be an alias used by Talia to hide her real name. I think that maybe she did run away from her father in this series which would be a cool spin on Talia's character and could be similar to Romeo and Juliet that she could probably romance Bruce in Season 3 and Bruce would have to choose to support Talia and running away from the league.

If the previous season is any indication Telltale will give us a glimpse of what to expect from an hypothetical season 3. I no longer believ

• Nothing John said at the bar implied a literal threat to Bruce/Batman.

Only if in Season 3 Oz seemingly forgets that he was in the bar making threats to Batman/Bruce and is never brought up in Season 3 thus making the whole scene feel misleading in the long run!

• Guy tries to kill Bruce/Batman and then Joker says that he's going to give it a shot.

Yeah I dont see that being a threat.

DOBLEDEDO posted: »

Nothing John said at the bar implied a literal threat to Bruce/Batman.

• edited February 2018

You are assuming he was talking about the assassination attempt, and not Batman saving Gordon by suprise in live TV . Before that line, he says "It is gonna be tough to top that", wich gives a lot of context to the phrase you brought up.

And don't make things up, he only says that line in the Batman scenario. If you go as Bruce, he only says "See you soon Brucie". Their interactions at Arkham only implie John interest on Bruce and admiration to Batman. You are just making things up and creating interpretations that lack any kind of solid proof to back them up.

Guy tries to kill Bruce/Batman and then Joker says that he's going to give it a shot. Yeah I dont see that being a threat.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.