Opinions on Telltale batman season 1

I would love to hear some reviews from Telltale Batman season 1. What where the things you hated and the things you loved about the game?

Comments

• I enjoyed Season 1, it was a very good start. Much better now that it is patched.

• I loved it and I appreciate it so much more now with season 2. What I disliked about it is that some dialogue happened regardless of your choices in game. It was pretty jarring. Alfred's lecture on Bruce's behavior as batman being the example.

• I loved the storyline just the minor glitches such as lags and choices not carrying over properly were annoying but other than that I loved it!

• Good storyline, terrible execution

• I liked it. It's a good story for introducing the universe and characters like Harvey or Selina (at least until episode 3) are magnificently developed.

Season 2 is better overall though in my opinion.

• edited January 2018

Loved the first season,season 2 is good just wish they would add more Batman in it but meeh it's just me complaining.

• Season 2 had a superior character relationship dynamic, and I feel like it reflected choices in a more personalized manner that wasn't always evident in some areas of Season 1.

It was a good introduction into the series, the performances were done well, and I did like a lot of the plot elements. I did feel like it was a bit lacking in personal relationships - as I didn't feel particularly close to anyone honestly other than Alfred which might've been the intended design. Bruce is a bit of a recluse, and the other relationships had a one-sided dynamic to them.

I liked the detective mechanics, though for a few people what the game wanted wasn't always clear. I thought this added a nice few moments of free roaming immersion. The reveals for the story elements were handled for the most part very well.

In some respects its more or less like Season One was largely Batman's season, and Season Two is more Bruce's.

• Loved pretty much all of it, except for the performance of the game and those black bars around the screen on PS4. Recently I was trying to replay it on the Switch and there's a bug that if you quit at any point on episode 4, it won't save your progress and you'll have to start at the beginning of the episode. Haven't gotten back to it since but it's one of my favorite series from Telltale overall.

• I loved it. Great story and loved what they did with the character of Bruce Wayne. The best telltale has done (that I've played) since season one of walking dead, IMO. It's the only one of TTGs stories that I've wanted to replay since TWD s1. Actually looking forward to playing the new season ones they're all out.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.