Can We Get Forum Members In The Credits

edited February 2018 in General Chat

I was thinking, what if in the credits of telltale games, there could be a section giving special thanks to telltales most loyal fans on platforms like the forums, twitter, youtube, etc.

Everyone on the forums LOVES when employees like @mostlypoptarts reply to their comments and when telltales twitter shares their videos/replys to their tweets! So all the telltale fans and I would love to be acknowledged by ttg!

So Here's My Proposal

In The Credits for Telltale Games, in "Special Thanks" or a new section (There can be something like "Telltale Fans" similar to "Telltale Pets") It could be a list of anywhere from 3 chosen people to everyone that asks to be included!

This would increase brand loyalty so it can be a win-win!

EDIT: We are not worthy.

Tagged:

Comments

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited February 2018

We try to reserve the "Talk with Telltale" tag exclusively for threads created by Telltale Staff members.

As for the idea itself, I couldn't really see something like that being included. Credits are supposed to be dedicated to people who worked directly on the game, as well as general staff/family/friends/etc. Including random forum members for no reason would just feel a bit arbitrary and dilute the special feeling of everyone who actually earned a position on those credits (or their friends/family that they feel warranted a shout out).

Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, but yeah, I don't see that being something that staff would actually do (unless a fan actually did something super notable to warrant being included in the special thanks).

• My bad about the tag

We try to reserve the "Talk with Telltale" tag exclusively for threads created by Telltale Staff members. As for the idea itself, I could

• Um... no chance.

Sorry, but this is practically nigh impossible to occur.. Having your name be in the credits simply because of your undying love and support isn't really worth anything. I feel like it'd instill a sense of favoritism in the fandom of each series, and would cause more jealousy than humble recognition if it were a choice-by-choice basis.
    There's nothing to really gain anyways by having your name in the credits, so I don't see how this benefits anyone.
    I'm also going to agree with Blind that it'd have to be something "super notable" if it would even have a chance at making it.

In short: We are not worthy.
    :/

• Some organizations give special appreciation to those who pre-order, so that could be an option, and it removes the judgement call on whether a forum member is "helpful" or not. Though if a thousand people pre-order, they'd have to put in a wall of names that probably wouldn't offer much in the way of recognition.

• I hope Telltale adds a bonus credit just saying "Poogers will never get Rhys socks" just so they can continue to torment me ;'(((

• That would be closure. The silence they're giving you is much worse.

Poogers555 posted: »

I hope Telltale adds a bonus credit just saying "Poogers will never get Rhys socks" just so they can continue to torment me ;'(((

• Sadly Telltale has not be silent on my pleas for Rhys socks, they have teased and mocked me a few times :''''(((

Johro posted: »

That would be closure. The silence they're giving you is much worse.

• Lol why would they do that? All the users on here do is nothing but post memes/shit talk the company with just a bit of actual conversation.

I get that it'd be a cool thing to do but we don't work on the games. We just play them.

• All the users on here do is nothing but post memes/shit talk the company with just a bit of actual conversation.

Hey come on,that's not true not everyone here is like that.

• edited February 2018

That's why I said just a bit of actual conversation :P

My comment wasn't really meant to be taken too seriously. I'm just exaggerating.

iFoRias posted: »

All the users on here do is nothing but post memes/shit talk the company with just a bit of actual conversation. Hey come on,that's not true not everyone here is like that.

• I wish I was dank enough

• ...But... but... We're already mentioned in the special thanks!!

• "...And You"

...But... but... We're already mentioned in the special thanks!!

• Yeah! It just warms my heart everytime I see that! I feel so special when Telltale acknowledges my noteworthy contributions for each and every Telltale game! It makes it all worthwhile, y'know! What would they do without me?!

AChicken posted: »

"...And You"

• edited February 2018

That... would be nice.
    WHERE’SSS MY CREDIT FOR DOING FUCK ALL GOD DAMNIT?!?!

• i would like to be in the credits for at least a game that is published my friend who made a game for her college put my name in there apparently

• The Special Thanks section of each Telltale Games' Credits thanks us fans for the Feedback and choices we made. I believe that "The Story is tailored by how you play" message at the beginning of each Episode means that how you behave towards other characters does change the Narrative. It is a personal experience. All Telltale does is give us the materials and the setup to experience the Narrative. When Season One was ongoing Telltale looked at how people treated Ben and the sort of relationship that players had with him. People wanted him Dead. They then added the scene in the Bell Tower where you can drop Ben. However none of the playtesters dropped him as they did not have a solid reason to. So they went back and they made Ben endanger Clementine so to give players somewhat of a reason to drop him. It is our player feedback and how we interact with the characters that tailors the story

• I know that it has been been somewhat absent in recent Telltale Games but they only worked on one project at a time back then. Over the last couple of years they have taken on quite a bit. And now with Pete Hawley looking to bring Telltale back to their roots I think we can see some more "story- tailoring" in the future ?

The Special Thanks section of each Telltale Games' Credits thanks us fans for the Feedback and choices we made. I believe that "The Story is

• A lot of people may see this and think that I am Captain Obvious but I feel that it is overlooked and not taken seriously.

I know that it has been been somewhat absent in recent Telltale Games but they only worked on one project at a time back then. Over the last

• @4k60fpsHDR Has to be one of the bravest souls I've ever seen on this forum :D

• But like... why? The forum users didn't make the game or contribute at all. Like I get some of us are supportive and understanding and that's a valued thing, but we didn't contribute at all. Why should anybody here get a shout out when 80% of the forums is constantly screeching about how bad Telltale is and criticizing their poor decisions? Like not to say the criticism isn't valid but the way most people, including me, tackle that can be very frustrating. If you ask me we don't really deserve to have our names plastered next to the people who work really hard on the game regardless of quality.

• Unless it's to commemorate @Poogers555 and @Joe_Momma on their qUaLiTy MEmEs I'd say we ain't worthy of that kind of recognition. Either way we shouldn't expect or request Telltale to just put us in the credits. To me it'd only be a true special thanks if they decided to feature us in the credits without us asking but even so I wouldn't be bothered if there wasn't even a general thanks to all players.

• agreed

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Unless it's to commemorate @Poogers555 and @Joe_Momma on their qUaLiTy MEmEs I'd say we ain't worthy of that kind of recognition. Either way

• Bravery>B list memes @Poogers555

@4k60fpsHDR Has to be one of the bravest souls I've ever seen on this forum

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

POOGS

Sadly Telltale has not be silent on my pleas for Rhys socks, they have teased and mocked me a few times :''''(((

• poptarts pls send socks i cant do this anymore pls ;'(

POOGS

• Just give Poogs the socks, he deserves it. Think about it, it’s not like he’ll ever get Rhyiona to be a legitimate ship, you might as well just give him this.

POOGS

• "it’s not like he’ll ever get Rhyiona to be a legitimate ship"

Just give Poogs the socks, he deserves it. Think about it, it’s not like he’ll ever get Rhyiona to be a legitimate ship, you might as well just give him this.

• Hmmm...... Could I get a pair of Rhys Socks?

Sadly Telltale has not be silent on my pleas for Rhys socks, they have teased and mocked me a few times :''''(((

• It is fan criticism and friendly feedback that they are thanking us for. We, the players "tailored" the story with our choices and feedback

But like... why? The forum users didn't make the game or contribute at all. Like I get some of us are supportive and understanding and that'

• That's what the "And you" at the end is for. We don't need to have our usernames personally plastered onto the credits of a game we didn't help make.

It is fan criticism and friendly feedback that they are thanking us for. We, the players "tailored" the story with our choices and feedback

• I know. That is what I meant :)

lupinb0y posted: »

That's what the "And you" at the end is for. We don't need to have our usernames personally plastered onto the credits of a game we didn't help make.

• They are addressing the Community as a whole. Not just those who praised the games but also those who criticise their games. We the players shaped the story

I know. That is what I meant

• Ah shit. Sorry I guess I read your statement wrong.

I know. That is what I meant

• It's ok :smile: It is my fault for not clearly explaining what I meant.

lupinb0y posted: »

Ah shit. Sorry I guess I read your statement wrong.

• Yes, I think it was worth mentioning as it can get overlooked, especialy how the latest games (from what I've heard) haven't really been incorporating the whole "choices matter" and community feedback thing that much.

By the way, you can edit posts if you need to add any extra thoughts. :)

The Special Thanks section of each Telltale Games' Credits thanks us fans for the Feedback and choices we made. I believe that "The Story is

• edited February 2018

Give Poogs the Rhys socks please TellTale! Poogs has asked for those socks for a long time. Please put a funny Bruce Wayne picture in your reply I love those screenshots you have they always make me laugh. :blush: :wink:
    I may want the socks as well. :smiley:

• TellTale does give us credit in the "Special Thanks" section of the credit roll. They know that we are supporting them and offering them feedback on their games and they take that into consideration. That is nothing to be given a personal spot for in the credits because we are not working on the game or with the staff we are just offering our thoughts and giving feedback.

• Telltale at the thought of sending me a single pair of socks ;(

Give Poogs the Rhys socks please TellTale! Poogs has asked for those socks for a long time. Please put a funny Bruce Wayne picture in your reply I love those screenshots you have they always make me laugh. I may want the socks as well.

• Yeah thank you for letting me know! :smile: And I must admit that element in the recent games does feel absent. But I got high hopes and confidence in Pete Hawley. 2018 will be a big year for him. He is overlooking the development of Telltales biggest games, The Wolf Among Us and especially The Walking Dead. I feel as if there is far more pressure present with The Walking Dead. As many people have said this is a "make or break" for Telltale. I do think that Pete will give Clementine a great send off (I don't think Telltale will kill her, but I hope they won't kill her as she is practically the face of Telltale) and that he will give us Wolf Among Us fans a game that will be worth the wait!! :smile:

Yes, I think it was worth mentioning as it can get overlooked, especialy how the latest games (from what I've heard) haven't really been inc

Sign in to comment in this discussion.