How would Clementine have turned out had the apocalypse never happened?

We've seen Clem be forced to grow from a helpless little girl to a jaded, resilient survivor, but I've been wondering how Clem would've turned out differently in an alternate universe where zombies didn't plague the earth. What would her hobbies be? How does her academics turn out? How does her personality develop? What would her professions be? Does she marry and if she does what is her spouse like? What do you think? Try to go into as much detail as you can.

Comments

• Clem probably would have never kept that hair short.

• edited February 2018

Clementine was such a sweet person before the world went downhill. She possessed remarkable intelligence for her age so I think she would have excelled in both school and career. She was quite the artist and loved to make drawings before she was forced to step up and leave most of her childhood characteristics behind in order to survive. I'd imagine that without the apocalypse she would have continued to pursue her artistic talent. Without the apocalypse she would have been more girly, not a total girly girl but she probably would have been more into how her hair and clothing looked than she is in the apocalypse. Clementine is a natural mother so I would guess in her teenage years she would probably have been a babysitter to earn herself money. Again, playing off of her being a natural mother I would imagine that in her adulthood she would have looked for a good husband and had a family of her own.

• When you plan on saying something, but someone else already put the perfect response.

Ladariel posted: »

Clem probably would have never kept that hair short.

• She'd grow up and get a scholarship to UGA.

• We've all been there. Just maybe not first.

Johro posted: »

When you plan on saying something, but someone else already put the perfect response.

• This was answered at the beginning of the series.

• I would be most interested with what her parents would be like and how they would be there for her. I picture Ed being alot like Alvin. Being more of a joker, but having his serious moments. Having his tech work in the garage and Clem would go visit him from time to time while he works. And on occasion, Ed would sit her down and they would watch Baseball together and ask how things are with her friends and stuff. Her mom being the more supportive one, but not around as much since she works so much at the hospital. In that way, Clem still makes most of her own decisions but her family is there if she needs any help. And I couldn't possibly imagine how her life in school would be..

But based off how she got along with Duck, and her first interactions with the farmfolk. I would say she would have just a few quirky friends because having a lot of people talking in her face all the time would've annoyed her, and she didn't want to get involved in the gossip. I wouldn't say that she would be a social butterfly, but she wouldn't be as socially inept as me. Maybe a few incidents happen at school and the pop kids start to make fun of her for it, and that's when she learns to stand her ground, because as soon as she did they're insults had no weight to them and they backed off.

I would love to see a fanfiction story of that.

• I must've missed it or forgot it. Do you have a link you could send?

Chibikid posted: »

This was answered at the beginning of the series.

• Where Lee could be one of her professors who scolds her for sleeping in class occasionally.

AnimalBoy posted: »

She'd grow up and get a scholarship to UGA.

• Lee would have ended up in prison without the outbreak, but I like your idea. It would be both sad and funny if Clementine had ended up taking a boring history class taught by Lee.

Where Lee could be one of her professors who scolds her for sleeping in class occasionally.

• edited February 2018

Yeah guess that idea popped into my head before thinking about the fact he was already convicted at day 1 of zombie world domination and Clementine wouldn't had been going to college unless she was a genius for about another decade or so anyhow. Perhaps he could of somehow gotten a fantastic lawyer to get him out. Lee seemed to probably managed finances well and maybe have a bunch in a savings account.. but even then he might of had a tough time finding a job teaching after having been arrested for taking out the state senator.

Veeeee posted: »

Lee would have ended up in prison without the outbreak, but I like your idea. It would be both sad and funny if Clementine had ended up taking a boring history class taught by Lee.

• He can do that from jail?

Where Lee could be one of her professors who scolds her for sleeping in class occasionally.

• edited March 2018

Veeeee beat you to it. :) :smiley:

The idea just sounds comical.

Locatic posted: »

He can do that from jail?

• She wouldn't have met Lee though :(

• She'd have gotten involved with illegal drugs and gangs. Ultimately would've been killed during a deal for some shady bullets...

• I thought Ed and Diana would've been good parents for her. :( Perhaps the apocalypse helped her out, in that regard.

Acheive250 posted: »

She'd have gotten involved with illegal drugs and gangs. Ultimately would've been killed during a deal for some shady bullets...

• BORING!? Lee’s class wouldn’t be boring.

Veeeee posted: »

Lee would have ended up in prison without the outbreak, but I like your idea. It would be both sad and funny if Clementine had ended up taking a boring history class taught by Lee.

• Sweet and innocent i imagine, similar to the way she was at the start of TWD S1

Sign in to comment in this discussion.