Vigilante Joker or Villain Joker

2»

Comments

• I have to say this choice was easily the most difficult and well thought that I ever made in a Telltale Game. I became really attached to John throughout the season and I wasn't using him. I thought he really was trying to be a good guy, but when I saw the massacre in the Carnival I just couldn't trust him that he was telling the truth. He didn't sound sure at all. But still when I learned that he knows my identity I decided to believe him, because I couldn't risk him exposing me. Then, I made the mistake of handling the situation myself at the bridge so he turned on me. Still though, I prefer the Villain Joker because I think that's what he is meant to be.

• Am I the only one here who's gonna play the episode with both jokers?!? Actually I'm gonna play it a few times cause I have my main play through with good choices and a vigilante joker, my second play through is all my bad choices and a villain joker, my third play through is a brutal batman but a nice bruce (mostly siding with waller) but also a villain joker, and my fourth play through is all the same choices as my main play through just with a villain joker!!! So many different ways the story can go!!!!!!!

• I totally get the way you went, I actually have a separate play through with similar circumstances!!!! can't wait to see how things turn out if John becomes the joker that way instead of him crashing in with the truck to save Harley!!!

Tasos_12io posted: »

I have to say this choice was easily the most difficult and well thought that I ever made in a Telltale Game. I became really attached to Jo

• I think most people will play both Jokers. It's more of a deciding which you will play first/will be your canon.

Am I the only one here who's gonna play the episode with both jokers?!? Actually I'm gonna play it a few times cause I have my main play thr

• I actually found these dialogues and scenes, way more emotional than turning on him in the Carnival. So maybe he feels more betrayed that way. That line where he says "My only crime outside, was trying to have a pal" just killed me. Made me feel legitimately bad.

I totally get the way you went, I actually have a separate play through with similar circumstances!!!! can't wait to see how things turn out if John becomes the joker that way instead of him crashing in with the truck to save Harley!!!

• I usually want to play an episode as many times as possible but I can’t bring myself to play the villain version. Just can’t turn on John.

I think most people will play both Jokers. It's more of a deciding which you will play first/will be your canon.

• edited March 2018

Have the same problem.
    I'm trying to make a super bad walkthrough with worst choices and Bruce using everyone. It's difficult. Completly different character than my "canon" Bruce, and interactions with John are the worst. I lied to him, I don't know, 3 times in the Stacked Deck and felt horrible, I don't know if I'm gonna make it further. Lying and betraying is a very sensetive topic. Using John just feels wrong.
    I mean, even refusing to pinky swear with him was difficult, because I knew it was important to him and he was genuine. I can't imagine how hard it will be to betray him.

AnimalBoy posted: »

I usually want to play an episode as many times as possible but I can’t bring myself to play the villain version. Just can’t turn on John.

• yeah I get it, I just think it's more dramatic and cool when John is telling batman about how his code is a joker, its so nostalgic and classic, but do you think the joker will be worse of if you abandon him at the carnival place or abandon him on the bridge as bruce?

Tasos_12io posted: »

I actually found these dialogues and scenes, way more emotional than turning on him in the Carnival. So maybe he feels more betrayed that wa

• I bet bridge is worse, because you give him hope and make him feel safe, and when you take it all away when he trusts you the most and depends on you. He'll be much more bitter.
    At the carnival he has doubts and ready to accept Bruce's mistrust, but at the bridge he thinks of Bruce as of his friend. You literally backstab him.

• On the bridge he gets more emotional and breaks down.

Tiefling posted: »

I bet bridge is worse, because you give him hope and make him feel safe, and when you take it all away when he trusts you the most and depen

• Exactly what Tiefling said basically. You are literally backstabbing him in the worst way possible if you turn on him on the bridge. You let him believe you're friends and you're just taking that way in a second. So I think turning on him in the bridge will make him even more deranged and crazy. Episode 5 is going to be really emotional no matter what.

• Vigilante, of course. I'm soo tired of Batman vs Joker story that's been done for decades, they're all just the same. Joker as an anti-hero sounds cooler.

• ive played through the game with multiple saves. but prefer the villain ending of ep 4. i like batman and catsy's relationship. and so it seems like batsy and catsy will face off against joker and harley a bit next episode.

the vigilante path is interesting obviously tho as it will break new ground. they've never teamed up in any other version ive played or watched.

• John is my kind of guy. Betrayal is not cool. Vigilantes forever!

• Totally Vigilante! John and I are BFFs haha

Sign in to comment in this discussion.