Telltale, is s2 happening or not?

Just tell us. You left us on a horrible cliffhanger and I want to know whether it will be continued or whether the rumors of its cancellation are true.

Comments

• Its not canceld, its on hold.
    Its on hold because they are waiting the HBO show to end so they can start making season.
    It will probably be made 2019-2020

• That is what Job said (who no longer works there) but a Telltale employee's LinkedIn profile said he was working on Got s2 and that it was cancelled

Bruno113 posted: »

Its not canceld, its on hold. Its on hold because they are waiting the HBO show to end so they can start making season. It will probably be made 2019-2020

• No the game is still on hold because they have to wait for the show to finish. The writer for Season 1 left TellTale and went to work somewhere else that's what I heard at least. TellTale can make Season 2 easily they have the resources and technology they just need time. People who are saying that they cannot make the game because of Rodrik/Asher problem that is FALSE!
    SPOILERS FOR BATMAN THE ENEMY WITHIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Batman The Enemy Within is getting two different finales in one episode. I don't want to spoil the game for people who want to play it BUT they can use the same methods as they did with the Batman game and just use it at the start of Season 2 for Game of Thrones.
    Why does everyone think that model swaps and voice swaps are so hard? They are a bit difficult but still possible look at Mass Effect Andromeda. TellTale can have an easier time having certain characters like Beskha or Talia refer to the brothers by name and the rest of the characters can call them Lord Forrester as a sign of respect. Unless TellTale claims that the game has been cancelled I will not believe it perhaps the employee you are talking about was angry and wanted to upset TellTale's company and their fans because he was fired, it happens a lot in the gaming industry.

That is what Job said (who no longer works there) but a Telltale employee's LinkedIn profile said he was working on Got s2 and that it was cancelled

• Well first of all a simple model swap would not suffice. Asher and Rodrik are drastically different in terms of motivation and personality. If Telltale were to continue s2 with them both alive, they would need to make each of their chapters distinct from each other.

Second of all, the writer in question may not work for Telltale any more but he still listed the Got s2 as cancelled. As in they were writing the story but it was canned. So there's a lot of uncertainty here and Telltale should just come out and confirm whether it's happening one way or another. Although I feel like they don't even know what they're going to do which is supported by the several years of radio silence.

No the game is still on hold because they have to wait for the show to finish. The writer for Season 1 left TellTale and went to work somewh

• Yea they do need to make both characters different but that's the thing with how Batman The Enemy Within's Finale is going to be they have two different versions of a character but they can use the same method for Game of Thrones. Also the determinant characters like Royland and Duncan I don't know how they will handle that unless they are sidelined or just killed off in the first few minutes of the new Season. Also The Wolf Among Us was silent for FIVE years before it got a sequel!! Which means Game of Thrones still has a chance! Trust me if they thought that they couldn't continue the game there would've been no reason for them to end the game on a cliffhanger and confirm a Season 2 a few days after Season 1 ended.

Well first of all a simple model swap would not suffice. Asher and Rodrik are drastically different in terms of motivation and personality.

• edited March 2018

If it was canned, they should just flat out tell us. Telltale did promote the first season right around the premiere of Season 7 of the show despite the events of the game taking place during Season 4. >! At this point, I at least want to see the Whitehills and Morgryn get their comeuppance as the Starks already took care of the ones above them that caused the Forresters’ misery.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited March 2018

I'm not a staff member, but speaking from Telltale's past, I wouldn't really worry about a LinkedIn profile stating that they were working on GoT S2 and it got cancelled...

Remember that Mike Stemmle was the project leader of The Wolf Among Us before the success of The Walking Dead caused a complete revamp.

It's entirely possible that the game that was cancelled was an early version of the game and that it got a complete revamp (or as Mike Stemmle put it - it was version 1).

• Thank you Jennifer! Many videogame developers always scrap alpha versions of games or completely remake the entire game from the ground up. I have no problem with TellTale taking their time to make the game. The longer the development process is the better the game should become.

Jennifer posted: »

I'm not a staff member, but speaking from Telltale's past, I wouldn't really worry about a LinkedIn profile stating that they were working o

• No Season 2 of the Game of Thrones game will be Rodrik/Asher and their family fending off the Whitehills and perhaps have the Night King invade where they are hiding in Westeros and your choices depend who lives and dies on the Forrester's side. Also Gared can show up at that time with Gregor's bastards and help the Forresters. The only reason I say the Night King will invade is because they are waiting until Season 8 of Game of Thrones ends.

If it was canned, they should just flat out tell us. Telltale did promote the first season right around the premiere of Season 7 of the sho

• I'm not worried about the story being rewritten or taking longer to come out. I'm worried about whether it will happen at all, period. There's been zero information about it aside from the s2 announcement on some small random site and one comment from an employee who no longer works there. They said it would come after the tv show wraps up but that was before the mass layoffs and change in direction.

Thank you Jennifer! Many videogame developers always scrap alpha versions of games or completely remake the entire game from the ground up.

• Who knows at this point. I'm pretty hopeful that it is still happening but I have to admit it's pretty frustrating how little we've heard about it since it was announced. Especially if you consider how damn quickly you get news about the Walking Dead every time a season finishes.

• Well actually TellTale did say that all confirmed games will not be affected by the layoffs meaning Game of Thrones Season 2, The Walking Dead The Final Season, The Wolf Among Us Season 2 and another game that I can't remember.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Who knows at this point. I'm pretty hopeful that it is still happening but I have to admit it's pretty frustrating how little we've heard ab

• At this point, one of the staff or CEO should just come out and clarify if the second season is still happening.

• Well to be honest The Wolf Among Us Season 2 has been silent for about five years before TellTale ever announced anything about it, so it's not that weird that they are being quiet about Season 2 of Game of Thrones. Also perhaps their contract with HBO prohibits them from posting anything about an upcoming season.

Aegon750 posted: »

At this point, one of the staff or CEO should just come out and clarify if the second season is still happening.

• The difference is that Telltale only recently decided to make a sequel for Wolf so people were happy and not irritated by the silence, whereas GoT s2 was announced literally right when s1 ended so the silence is unjustified and seems like an ill omen for the seried.

Well to be honest The Wolf Among Us Season 2 has been silent for about five years before TellTale ever announced anything about it, so it's

• Ok that makes sense however, perhaps after the game was finished the team moved on to make another game and when they returned HBO told them do not work on the game until after they finish the show. Remember that the game takes place within the show's universe and that they cannot write the game however they want because otherwise it'll conflict with the show's story.

The difference is that Telltale only recently decided to make a sequel for Wolf so people were happy and not irritated by the silence, where

• Best case scenario is what you described where they're still waiting for the show to wrap up. Worst case is it is cancelled and Telltale hopes we forget it ever happened.

Ok that makes sense however, perhaps after the game was finished the team moved on to make another game and when they returned HBO told them

• I really hope TellTale does not forget about this game it was really good and the characters were fantastic. Rodrik and Asher had the best voice acting in my opinion and the rest of cast was really good too! I would purchase the second season as soon as it came out to show my support for TellTale's Game of Thrones! I really hope they didn't cancel the game because that would be a disappointing and it would feel like TellTale didn't want to do the hard work of continuing the Season because of a few determinant characters. However, I have faith that they will make a second season and hope that they do an awesome job at it.

Best case scenario is what you described where they're still waiting for the show to wrap up. Worst case is it is cancelled and Telltale hopes we forget it ever happened.

• I agree, Asher is one of my favorite Telltale protagonists of all time and Gared's development was amazing as well. I wish I shared your optimism, I just hope that Telltale comes out and confirms it one way or another.

I really hope TellTale does not forget about this game it was really good and the characters were fantastic. Rodrik and Asher had the best v

• Thanks! I want them to say anything about the game unless HBO is going to have the Forrester sigil somewhere in the eighth season of the show. That would be cool if like you see everyone fighting White Walkers and then we see some guys in armor with the Forrester Sigil on their shoulder or breastplate. That would be a cool easter egg for HBO acknowledging the game as canon to their show.

I agree, Asher is one of my favorite Telltale protagonists of all time and Gared's development was amazing as well. I wish I shared your optimism, I just hope that Telltale comes out and confirms it one way or another.

• edited March 2018

I'm seriously doubting that they will ever make a season 2 but I hope they do. The story is far from over. There are so many great arcs they could still pull with these characters. Considering how the finale of batman the enemy within went they really can't use the Asher/Rodrick excuse anymore. Beskha was a really well written character. The dynamic between her and Asher (even if he dies) was so adorable and told such a powerful story. The last scene where you see Beskha and Ryon fleeing the scene on horseback was awesome. It would be cool if perhaps she could become one of the playable characters, her arc being something along the lines of protecting and training Ryon whilst trying to locate Asher/Rodrick. Talia also received a lot of development I would seriously be interested in seeing how future events change her. Considering the direction her development was taking I could see her becoming an even more cunning version of Mira given time and experience. There is also a lot of stuff they can do with the way Gared and the characters from his story.

• I'm aware of what they said, but that was before the layoffs and change in direction

Snazzareth posted: »

Please refer to this link: https://telltale.com/community/discussion/105030/updated-8-29-17-season-2-pre-season-news-thread-season-2-on-hold-until-hbo-show-ends#latest Has all the details you'll need.

• With how Season 1 ended, I have no doubt a Season 2 will happen.

I'm aware of what they said, but that was before the layoffs and change in direction

• You would definitely hope so. But even when TWAU 2 was rumored to be cancelled, @mostlypoptarts came out and reassured everyone that it was still happening. Rumors that Got s2 is cancelled? Complete silence.

With how Season 1 ended, I have no doubt a Season 2 will happen.

• No matter the wait for it. It will happen, I know it.. It may be a very long time though.

You would definitely hope so. But even when TWAU 2 was rumored to be cancelled, @mostlypoptarts came out and reassured everyone that it was still happening. Rumors that Got s2 is cancelled? Complete silence.

• Telltale is focusing on fewer titles at a time in order to increase quality. I find it hard to believe they'd revisit one of their more controversially received titles more than 4 years after s1 ended. I truly hope it returns but I have doubts, and I just wish they'd reconfirm it one way or another.

No matter the wait for it. It will happen, I know it.. It may be a very long time though.

• Actually MostlyPoptarts might have made a subtle hint because the thread said that ALL CONFIRMED GAMES are not affected by the layoffs and Season 2 was confirmed by TellTale right after Episode 6 was released! So I think they will make a sequel and even if Season 2 is the final season I will still want to play it and see how we defeat the Whitehills and rather or not The Forresters survive the Great War against the White Walkers.

You would definitely hope so. But even when TWAU 2 was rumored to be cancelled, @mostlypoptarts came out and reassured everyone that it was still happening. Rumors that Got s2 is cancelled? Complete silence.

• Hmm i guess that could be a reassuring sign... I felt like she was mainly talking about TWD and TWAU but I guess GoT technically falls under the confirmed games category. Crossing my fingers that it happens.

Actually MostlyPoptarts might have made a subtle hint because the thread said that ALL CONFIRMED GAMES are not affected by the layoffs and S

• I am also crossing my fingers for a Season 2 because I really loved the first Season and I mean it's Game of Thrones and after the show finishes people are going to want more Game of Thrones which will hopefully bring them to Game of Thrones The TellTale Series and who knows if the game sells really well maybe they can make a Season 3!

Hmm i guess that could be a reassuring sign... I felt like she was mainly talking about TWD and TWAU but I guess GoT technically falls under the confirmed games category. Crossing my fingers that it happens.

• I loved Got as well, it could have been so so much better if it wasn't made during the time where everything was being rushed and micromanaged. With some more polish on the graphics and choices that matter it wouldn't have been criticized so heavily. I love the characters though, and I want to see Asher reclaim his house and destroy the Whitehills with Gared and the bastards at his side.

I am also crossing my fingers for a Season 2 because I really loved the first Season and I mean it's Game of Thrones and after the show fini

• I couldn't agree with you more! However, in my playthrough it is Rodrik who is still alive. :wink: I think where the game failed is the marketing because giving early access to youtubers does work sometimes however, allowing them to upload the entire game will not make the game sell because people will tell themselves that they saw the whole thing online and there's no point to buying it if they can watch the entire episode early on youtube which is why I stay off youtube or the TellTale forums whenever it is two days before the release of an episode because I don't want to spoil it for myself.

I loved Got as well, it could have been so so much better if it wasn't made during the time where everything was being rushed and micromanag

• Early access is something that all game developers do so I don't think that is what hurt the game. Plus it is based off an immensely popular series, just look at how many views the announcement trailer got on YouTube. The main complaints I saw for the series were the horribly outdated visuals, dealing with characters from the show that you know won't die, and the same things happening regardless of your choices. The ending was the biggest offender of this. And sadly all of those complaints were easily fixable if the series was the sole focus of Telltale at the time and wasn't rushed.

I couldn't agree with you more! However, in my playthrough it is Rodrik who is still alive. I think where the game failed is the marketing

• All game developers do that, but if, for example, someone uploads Far Cry videos it is fine, because it is a massive open world game and people who watched them could still be willing to buy the game. But Telltale`s products are basically movies or TV-series if you will. Many people could just watch them on Youtube and not buy them. So it really hurts Telltale in the long run, believe me.

Early access is something that all game developers do so I don't think that is what hurt the game. Plus it is based off an immensely popular

• It would be impossible for Telltale to keep all of their playthroughs off YouTube. Giving certain players early passes to release their playthroughs a day early at gets people hyped.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

All game developers do that, but if, for example, someone uploads Far Cry videos it is fine, because it is a massive open world game and peo

• Actually it would be tough but if TellTale enforced people to put up only the first fifteen minutes or so of gameplay to show people a little bit of what the game offered, then that is fine but the whole narrative of the game on youtube will ruin the game because again people will say I'll save my money and see whoever's youtube video.

It would be impossible for Telltale to keep all of their playthroughs off YouTube. Giving certain players early passes to release their playthroughs a day early at gets people hyped.

• To be honest having choices matter in video games is tough and TellTale having allowed players to choose between two main protagonists was a tough choice but I applaud them making the tough call and having the game offer two different scenarios with different characters for each ending. As long as they do not kill them off within the first episode of the game I will be ok with it. However, there are certain characters I feel that should survive until the end of the series.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.