The Telltale Awards - Vote for your favorite games, choices, and more!

edited March 2018 in General Chat

https://goo.gl/forms/EqfbAvEnZBEvjqqn2

Ok guys! I'm running an unofficial poll where people like YOU vote for your favorite telltale games, choices, characters, voice actors and more! I will post the results here and on r/telltale once I get enough data.

There are 11 questions, with only 1 mandatory question for those whose smoke break ends in 2 minutes.

So GO VOTE!

Also Minecraft fans your game is great and all but plz don't bot the poll this time

Edit: Ok, we've hit over 100 submissions in under 12 hours. After seeing this, I think I might try and mail/email telltale this poll just so that they can see what kind of choices we liked/didn't like as a community. The narrative designers could probably be able to use this poll as feedback.

Comments

• 40 voters so far - I am planning on posting the results publicly on March 20th.

• edited March 2018

I disagree with the worst first episodes 3 of the choices being Realm of Shadows, All That Remains and Iron From Ice. In my opinion all those episodes are outstanding and Tangled Up In Blue should definitely be on the worst list.

Other than that though i like the poll.

• edited March 2018

Sad about some of the limitations(especially, best overall game), but I felt tht most of them had clear answers for me. Nice job.

As for Minecraft, I don't think they botted them. If I'm thinking of the poll you're referencing, what happened was, the poll got mentioned in the Minecraft forum. Overnight, those fans all voted at once. That particular poll was only swayed by ~20 people. If it were a different poll, then never mind, and please don't bot it. ;)

• Yea I don’t think they botted, it’s more of an inside joke on the forums then anything.

Johro posted: »

Sad about some of the limitations(especially, best overall game), but I felt tht most of them had clear answers for me. Nice job. As f

• Batman was put because the first episode had a weak ending with little encouragement to come back to episode 2. Guardians had an action packed ending that made you want to come back.

TWD S2 E1 wasn’t a bad story. It’s just that the choices in that episode were miserably bad

(My opinion of course)

I disagree with the worst first episodes 3 of the choices being Realm of Shadows, All That Remains and Iron From Ice. In my opinion all thos

• edited March 2018

I agree with the first Batman season. If it weren't for Telltale introducing a "new take" on the mythos, I'd have found it underwhelming. The story itself wasn't very engrossing. It was the Batman fan in me which found interest in seeing where this story was headed.

Sorry, developers(some of my favourite Telltale people worked on it), but from a general interest perspective, it wasn't very captivating. As a Batman fan, it kept me severely interested though. ;)

That's the tough balance these known IPs have; Do you create a new story, rehashing what fans know, or make a love letter to the fans? That's why the inner voice in me wishes for new IPs. They have the power to create these great characters. Do we really need them to be identifiable to pre-existing characters?(I'm not a writer, but I listen to enough to feel the restriction this places on them. It can be fun[don't get the writers wrong], but it's also not as gratifying as creating something that is completely yours).

Edit: P.S. I will say it, and only here and now. I have previously alluded to knowing 1 or 2 Telltale staff members. I have never discussed their work or asked them questions I know they are not allowed to answer. While we have discussed the general feel of the job and how it affects them, I know NOTHING of the projects they have or are working on. Think of how your friends' sibling has mentioned their job to you. That's how it is. I know there are non-disclosure agreements, just like I have at my job. I would never put them in a tough spot.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Batman was put because the first episode had a weak ending with little encouragement to come back to episode 2. Guardians had an action pack

• edited March 2018

Hold on now..
    If this is the Telltale Awards, why not have every modern Telltale game in each category? Some have almost all, some have only four... Some of my episodes/series aren't on this list, so I had to choose second/third best. :/
    If we're talking MCSM finale, do you mean the Storm Arc, or Episode 8?

Cool thing you're doing, but the nominees seem to be random.

• It’s really all in good fun, nothing official. I just made the nominees of my thought.

MCSM’s finale is referring to episode 8, mainly because of its abrupt ending

AChicken posted: »

Hold on now.. If this is the Telltale Awards, why not have every modern Telltale game in each category? Some have almost all, some have o

• edited March 2018

Shouldn't ever game be on every category? Doesn't seem balanced.

• Time Restraints

Poogers555 posted: »

Shouldn't ever game be on every category? Doesn't seem balanced.

• I think it may have worked better if every game was listed when it came to the questions asking "which game did this best or worst." The choices part is harder because, you know, lots of games lots of choices, but maybe if you only did the last "big" choice in the last episode of a season for that section it would work better. Also the voice actor part doesnt seem fair, it doesnt have every playable modern Telltale character/main protagonist of their game, and also has Anthony Ingrauber, who is a great voice actor, but doesnt really make sense seeing he isnt the protagonist/playable character.

Time Restraints

• Yeah, that was all that happened with the Minecraft thing. No one botted the voting, there was just a thread to let the fans know that the poll was there,( because most of the MCSM fans didn't ever look at the general chats). No one did anything wrong. Btw, there isn't hardly any MCSM fans on here right now, so I don't think it's going to get many votes anyways.

Johro posted: »

Sad about some of the limitations(especially, best overall game), but I felt tht most of them had clear answers for me. Nice job. As f

• Here's something I said earlier, it should clear things up

"Yea I don’t think they botted, it’s more of an inside joke on the forums then anything."

Kng0604 posted: »

Yeah, that was all that happened with the Minecraft thing. No one botted the voting, there was just a thread to let the fans know that the p

• Lol. Okay then.?

Here's something I said earlier, it should clear things up "Yea I don’t think they botted, it’s more of an inside joke on the forums then anything."

• It's a great idea! I did the test, and I have a question: when will the results be published?

• Results will be published on the 20th.

It's a great idea! I did the test, and I have a question: when will the results be published?

• Interesting poll. I thought that Season 2 of Walking Dead probably had the best ending in terms of options for a conclusion at the time, just a shame that little of it looks to have panned out into New Frontier. The best choices are definitely the most ambitious ones we’ve had, which I consider to be choosing your team in Borderlands, the Forge choice in Guardians and the upcoming Joker situation in Batman Enemy Within. Guardians is definitely the most underrated game Telltale has made, especially in terms of options, so I do hope it gets a sequel.

And no Erin Yvette for Best Actor? :/

Sign in to comment in this discussion.