Afterparty by Night School Studios

2»

Comments

• Yeah, I was checking out some of the early reviews just now, it all seems pretty positive. Seems like it's got some really good humor, and sticks to the same gameplay beats as Oxenfree. Some reviewers seem to be saying that Oxenfree was the overall better game, but still had a really good time with Afterparty.

lupinb0y posted: »

Reviews for Afterparty are out and they've been pretty positive so far! Mostly 8's with a few 7's and 9's tossed in.

• Was there any talk about how long the game goes for? I assume there are different endings like Oxenfree.

Yeah, I was checking out some of the early reviews just now, it all seems pretty positive. Seems like it's got some really good humor, and s

• Not from what I saw, no. I kind of just went through the reviews quickly and looked at the scores, I didn't read them in their entirety. So in regards to the length and number of endings, I've got no clue.

Was there any talk about how long the game goes for? I assume there are different endings like Oxenfree.

• It looks to be about 5-6 hrs going by Gamespot's review

Was there any talk about how long the game goes for? I assume there are different endings like Oxenfree.

• So it's about the same length as Oxenfree, which is fine for a $20.

It looks to be about 5-6 hrs going by Gamespot's review

• Eyyy that's a good one/two hours longer than Oxenfree!

It looks to be about 5-6 hrs going by Gamespot's review

• Sorry, been a while since I've played it. I'll take your word for it.

Eyyy that's a good one/two hours longer than Oxenfree!

• Still working my way through the game (had a busy and stressful day), but at least I can start by getting my play through up on YouTube.

• edited December 2019

Don't know if this is too early to count as Necro'd by I'm curious if anyone else has played it and feels the same way I do on the game. I honestly felt incredibly underwhelmed with the story/execution/resolution. Which sucks cause the dialog was great and the little background info we got about Milo & Lola was good! In fact I really liked Milo & Lola which makes me so bummed they were made for such a lukewarm story.

• Honestly, I kind of feel the same way. The dialogue is good and I actually liked characters like Wormhorn despite how annoying she was, but something just felt really off with the story. The execution didn’t feel right and I didn’t get sucked into the game as much as I did with Oxenfree. Underwhelmed feels like a good word to summarize how I felt.

Don't know if this is too early to count as Necro'd by I'm curious if anyone else has played it and feels the same way I do on the game. I h

• Ah, I loved Oxenfree so that's disappointing to hear. Are there multiple endings and how different are they from one another? Or is it like Oxenfree where it's the same ending with slightly different variations?

Don't know if this is too early to count as Necro'd by I'm curious if anyone else has played it and feels the same way I do on the game. I h

• there's 2 endings and they are different enough i guess. I found my ending to be very unsatisfying tho. It really sucks the game autosaves you to where you made your last choice because if you want to do that small little difference to get the other ending you have to replay the entire game again (3-5 hrs). I ended up just watching it on youtube since its not worth it.

Ah, I loved Oxenfree so that's disappointing to hear. Are there multiple endings and how different are they from one another? Or is it like Oxenfree where it's the same ending with slightly different variations?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.