Episode 5 - post your spoiler-free impressions

Since the playthroughs are starting to emerge on Youtube, I think it's time for another spoiler-free impressions thread.

So, what did you think of the episode? Which path have you watched/played - Vigilante or Villain? If you've seen both, which one did you think was handled better? (without spoilers, ofc)

Tagged:

Comments

• I am curious about length time for both runs. Though I haven't seen any videos one I noticed of the Vigilante run looks to be about 1.35 hours, which pleases me to see that if matched both runs are pretty much full length episodes.

• edited March 2018

Villain was far superior imo

Also-WOW. This episode is the best reviewed out of any episode that's come out since I got into Telltales games. (MCSM got me into telltale back in 2015.) I hope we see more of these huge choices and strong endings in the future.

Minecraft Season 2 and Batman 2s endings have both been great, I hope to see more of this in the future.

Shoutouts to the team that worked on this episode- you all outdid yourselves.

• I've watched the first 15 minutes of both routes. Both seem pretty good, villain is the classic Joker arc you'd expect and vigilante is something else entirely.

• For people who’ve played it is there any way to get it today on Xbox one? Also if not can I watch the villain joker without it giving me any potential idea of what could happen in the Vigilante Joker ep

• edited March 2018

id have thought so but have not watched/played the episode yet.

they must be quite different episodes. as its almost 6pm for me. and going by previous episodes releases, its about 6 hours and a bit for me until the experience.

Im so excited.

For people who’ve played it is there any way to get it today on Xbox one? Also if not can I watch the villain joker without it giving me any potential idea of what could happen in the Vigilante Joker ep

• I am playing vigilante so I couldnt resist and have watched villain run. Its far better than I expected. I kinda felt sorry for Joker at the end... Imo John Doe is pretty deep character.

• Usually I get episodes a day early on Xbox by switching my region to new Zeland in setting but I’ve checked and it’s not there for some reason.

For people who’ve played it is there any way to get it today on Xbox one? Also if not can I watch the villain joker without it giving me any potential idea of what could happen in the Vigilante Joker ep

• I've noticed the same, unfortunately it looks like They patched it up.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Usually I get episodes a day early on Xbox by switching my region to new Zeland in setting but I’ve checked and it’s not there for some reason.

• I only watched part of the villian’s gameplay on some youtubers channel. I couldn’t resist because they were all over my feeds ? but it was really good, made me doubt going the viligante route.

• Huh so it’s like this for good? Because being able to play a day early really helps me manage my time for other things in life.

JmoooX posted: »

I've noticed the same, unfortunately it looks like They patched it up.

• GohanFGCGohanFGC Banned
    edited March 2018

Edit: Telltale Batman: The Enemy Within is LEAGUES above A New Frontier. Not An Exaggeration. Not to spoil anything in particular, but it REALLY is.

• Only played villain path for now, but DAMN, that was fucking great. There a couple of really emotional scenes.

• TWD season 2 wasn't very good though, so that's not exactly high praise

GohanFGC posted: »

Edit: Telltale Batman: The Enemy Within is LEAGUES above A New Frontier. Not An Exaggeration. Not to spoil anything in particular, but it REALLY is.

• In my ranking, the whole Batman series is the best game fron TTG, closely followed by The Wolf Among Us. I need more of Bat-seasons really badly...

• Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Personally I didn't really like TWD S2.

• I did not even finish TWD S2... Sorry to say it, but I left TWD series after s02e02.

Pipas posted: »

Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Personally I didn't really like TWD S2.

edited March 2018

Are u kidding? It's GREAT! Serious improvement!

Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Personally I didn't really like TWD S2.

• I wouldn't call TWD S2 improvement over TWD S1, but okay, let's just agree to disagree. The important thing is that you liked the recent Batman episode. :)

Are u kidding? It's GREAT! Serious improvement!

edited March 2018

Yes :wink:

I wouldn't call TWD S2 improvement over TWD S1, but okay, let's just agree to disagree. The important thing is that you liked the recent Batman episode.

• No spoilers of course, but did the selina romance have any pay off?

• Which would of course have me slightly concerned over Batman Season 3... :/

edited March 2018

Okay. Let me put it this way. I think it's Significantly better than ANF. Good enough?

Which would of course have me slightly concerned over Batman Season 3...

• Had the weirdest chapter balance out of any game yet probably. Felt like Chapter 3 was as long as all the others combined.

• What I meant was that the conclusions you could get in Season 2 with Clem didn’t exactly pan out as they might have in New Frontier, so I’d be concerned about the same thing happening with Season 3 of Batman. Not that I’ve played either run yet so I might be totally wrong... :p

Okay. Let me put it this way. I think it's Significantly better than ANF. Good enough?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.