Which final decision did you make? SPOILERS

I ended up having Bruce give up his career as Batman, I was shocked that the decision came up and I just chose it. The last scene Bruce and Alfred had with each other was great and had a lot of good points. Bruce gave up his role as Batman and decided to try and find another way to help Gotham. I kinda wonder if this means that they may not have plans for a third set of episodes. Batman could still be out there fighting crime and if a third set does come out it would be easy enough to have Bruce pick up the mantle again. But I would be totally satisfied if this was it.

Comments

• I went with giving up Batman too. My Bruce is fixated on the fear that he creates the criminals he tries to destroy, and Alfred enforced that, along with the fact he thought Tiffany could be his understudy and then her disappointing him as much as John...

• Gave up Batman, Batman is a willing choice (and Alfred is kinda right, he does attract criminals), whereas Alfred is family, you dont give up family, Bruce has no obligation to protect Gotham, but you dont find people who love you as unconditionally as Alfred loves Bruce every day

• That is the same way my bruce felt like it was time to let his pain go and that Alfred was right about everything, it felt like the right call for the character in this play through.

• Could not give up Batman because already have Tiffany as an apprentice. She will go down a dark path if I just let her go. Although it was very hard to give up Alfred. Another reason I suppose why I did not give up Batman was because I played a Villain route and technically you kill Joker at the end of it, meaning he`s won. No way i am giving up after that. My Bruce will be Batman to prove that he will not be tempted to go down that path again. And with Tiffany it will be a great balance, because they will remind each other of what they did (killing Riddler for Tiffany) and how they both nearly became the very thing they hate. And they will prevail! The end. Hehehe

• I understood his descision and chose the "go" option, apparently Alfred thinks that you don't want to hear his reasons (which I did want to hear) and just left, oops. I would have given up being Batman, if there's a third season he'll continue anyway.

• edited March 2018

I gave up Alfred. Sorry Alfred, but Gotham needs the Batman.

• Batman is a symbol to the millions who live in Gotham, sorry, but not even Alfred gets to end him. His reasons are ultimately selfish.

• Those final moments crushed me. Internally I was screaming that Bruce needed to protect this city, that by abandoning the mask he was abandoning its people, but I couldn't live with him walking out that door into an unknown forever. Bruce needs Alfred.

I truly do feel that Batman's intervention has led to evil in spite of those he's countered, and the loss of people he cared for, deeply. I feel so conflicted, but the guilt of what has occurred to friends, to nameless innocents, the missions flailing hopelessly out of reform...Maybe there's just as much hope in Bruce's political and humanitarian sway as their was in Batman's action, but the sacrifice feels so wrong. What a beautiful end. I'm going to miss this series terribly, no matter the outcome.

• I gave up Alfred also. Just talked few moments ago with Gordon and Waller that we might be working together, so kinda changing my mind ang giving up Batman wouldn't be nice to them for example.

• edited March 2018

Chose to leave Batman behind, it's a choice that suits Telltale's Bruce and the whole theme of the first season. Besides, I played the villain path and the amount of destruction and death Joker and Harley cause in that scenario should really give Batman something to think about his actions. The whole episode kinda let you foreshadow the final choice if you pick certain dialogue choices (Gordon accusing you of creating the villains you fight, Avesta feeling guilty for how everything escalated, John remarking how he wasn't a killer until he met Bruce...).

Also, the whole parallels thing between Bruce's crusade and his father crimes is a very interesting point that really gives a new perspective and strong reasons to quit being Batman.

The scene in general was just very good, and I don't know if you picked the "I am nothing without you" answer, but that one is great and Troy's Baker delivery was top notch. It felt really good to see Bruce admiting to Alfred in person that he sees him as his true father.

And in case we are ever getting a third season, Bruce coming out of retirement is by far a more interesting scenario.

• Agreed, the scene was so perfectly acted and is definitely my favorite conversation between Bruce and Alfred in the whole two seasons. I also liked how they snuck a Dark Knight Rises reference in there with Alfred saying ' I don't want to bury you'.

DOBLEDEDO posted: »

Chose to leave Batman behind, it's a choice that suits Telltale's Bruce and the whole theme of the first season. Besides, I played the villa

• edited March 2018

Yeah, I think one of the best things about this series is how much importance they gave to Bruce and Alfred father and son roles. A lot of Batman stories tend to give Alfred a very minor role and not touch the subject at all, with Telltale really drove home the point that Alfred is the reason that Bruce didn't end up becoming a monster like Vicki.

This scene seemed like a conclussion to all that, and the fact that the scene was kinda of unexpected gave it more force in my opinion.

Agreed, the scene was so perfectly acted and is definitely my favorite conversation between Bruce and Alfred in the whole two seasons. I also liked how they snuck a Dark Knight Rises reference in there with Alfred saying ' I don't want to bury you'.

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

I'm at least glad to have Tiffany as my protege, so that she can learn how to fight through cleaning since Wayne Manor is short a butler.

• edited March 2018

I gave up Batman no matter how hard it was. Family comes first.

• I stayed being Batman and told Tiffany she needs to face justice. It didn't feel right to let her go after she murdered someone, maybe if it was a less serious crime perhaps. But if I didn't try to bring her in for murder then I wouldn't feel like batman anymore.

• KaelthasKaelthas Banned
    edited March 2018

I told Waller to arrest Tiffany and kept Batman, I guess my team is now Gordon in a wheelchair, Avesta and Selina, but I can't imagine Alfred going away too long, he'll come back as soon as he hears there is another big villain in Gotham, same as if you abandoned being Batman you'll put on the cowl as soon as there is a new threat.

• Stayed as Batman. No regrets since I already promised both Tiffany and Gordon that I would continue working with them despite what happened in the past.

Plus Alfred leaving Bruce is kind of a regular occurrence in the comics, of course, anything goes for Telltale’s version.

• Pretty hard choice but I left Batman behind so Alfred would stay. I mean in the long run, if a Season 3 happens, we obviously will be Batman again so, not really worried.

• Stayed as Batman. Bruce is going to just become a lonely, rich man. Selina's gone, John's gone, Tiffany's gone, and Alfred's gone. Maybe Iman can work with me :smile:

• I chose to give up Batman and stay with Alfred. The whole 'Batman is creating his villains' felt a bit empty -- Batman created Joker, moreorless, but pinning a deranged mayor and Riddler on Batsy seems a bit odd -- but I did feel sympathy about Batman being dangerous, deadly work with some very unfortunate surroundings. I don't want Batman to start murdering the hell out of people or anything, but sometimes his Code does feel a bit thin when, fundamentally, he's still going around each night beating the living daylights out of people.

It was kind of an awkward ending, though. Intentionally so, I mean. I think the series is, to some extent, aware that 'Batman' is an obsession for Bruce -- that Bruce saying that he's going to give crusading now isn't a definite ending. There's every chance there might be a Season Three of Telltale's Batman someday, and the sad part is, if Bruce does just end up breaking his promise over time, I can't entirely say it's out-of-character.

• I chose to give up Alfred in my main save which is the vigilante path. I thought I would have more allies but Selina's "I WoNt cUt AnD rUN BRUCE" thing was a lie. I mean I didn't really buy creating the Joker if he's a vigilante. I led him down a good path but it was his own demons that got the better of him. In my other save where I did the villain path I chose to give up Batman. I hope he picks up the cowl again one day but Telltale probably is just going to end it there.

• The whole 'Batman is creating his villains' felt a bit empty

Well, aktchually.

• Harvey was already off, but having his best friend (Bruce) stealing his GF and the whole Bruce father being a criminal had a lot to do with him turning crazy, I didn't save him at the debate so I kinda did create two faces
    • Oswald main reason to join the revolution was his petty revenge against Bruce because his father was a criminal
    • Vicki main reason to be villain is also Bruce's father, and seeing how Batman wasn't on her side was important to her
    • Waller can be seen as a villain with the whole "keep a leash on Bruce/Batman" and suicide squad but in great part is because Bruce didn't want to work with her
    • And then you can end up with "criminal" Tiffany, which is also kinda "Batman's fault"
    Manga posted: »

I chose to give up Batman and stay with Alfred. The whole 'Batman is creating his villains' felt a bit empty -- Batman created Joker, moreor

• i assume a season 3 will happen tho it will be some way off obviously with the wolf among us season 2, walking dead season 4, guardians of the galaxy season 2 as well as any others projects.

maybe alfred's missing for a while next season or both bruce and alfred are. but something will happen to bring him/them back.

• Or maybe now we play as Tiffany next season.

• edited March 2018

@Kaelthas: Right, but I'm talking about Bruce being Batman here, not the general history of the Waynes. Lady Arkham and Penguin took some inspiration from Batman, the former especially, but their origins aren't directly tied to Bats; there's not really enough to indicate Vale wouldn't have ended up on that path regardless. Harley was partially set off by seeing Selina cheat on him with his best friend, but mostly cracked due to the pressures of mayorship, an evangelical desire to punish the Children of Arkham, and a resurfacing of split personality issues. (Or at least -- that's what happens in the unscarred path. I imagine scarred Two-Face is more mad about not being saved.) Mayor Dent takes some inspiration from Batman being a vigilante, but only tenuously.

And ultimately, Waller has always been Waller, and will continue to be so; she failed to actually destroy SANCTUS, and has always toyed with various reckless things in the name of pragmatism. She loses an Agency member, but she's one of the people who emerges from Season Two least changed.

It's worth noting at the end I was on good terms with Tiffany, and I did save Harley (preventing him from being scarred).

Kaelthas posted: »

The whole 'Batman is creating his villains' felt a bit empty Well, aktchually. * Harvey was already off, but having his best f

• Stayed as Batman. Sorry Alfred!

• Well, if you're like me (which maybe the majority wasn't), you didn't steal Harvey's girl. Not saying my Bruce didn't have feelings for her then (definitely did), but it just wasn't right for that moment.

Kaelthas posted: »

The whole 'Batman is creating his villains' felt a bit empty Well, aktchually. * Harvey was already off, but having his best f

• Vigilante is my canon, I guess, so:
    I told Waller to go to hell(stupid, but I was angry with her and I believe Bruce too), Took Tiffany under my wing, told John we're still friends, told Alfred to stay and gave up Batman, took Avesta in Wayne Enterprises.
    I wonder what Tiffany will do now without Batman, lol.
    Tiffany: I'm ready for my lessons!
    Bruce: Well, actually, Batman is no more, lmao, good luck, kid!

• I gave up Alfred. Honestly, his reasons for leaving seemed hallow to me. I don't think Batman creates the evil he fights. He didn't create Harvey's evil persona, it was already inside him for a long time, and the Children of Arkham attacking the debate unleashed it. Oswald was a villain because of what our father did, he would have started his revolution regardless of whether there was a Batman or not. It's the same for Vicky, she only adopted the Lady Arkham persona because of her abusive foster parents and Thomas Wayne killing her real parents.

That's why I decided to remain as Batman and gave up Alfred. It would be disappointing to quit right after I renewed my partnership with Gordon and agreed to mentor Tiffany.

• I didn't actually sleep with Selina either. Though of course, either way Harvey believes you cheated on him with Selina, due to your weird Batman hangouts, which I suppose is similar enough for this discussion.

Well, if you're like me (which maybe the majority wasn't), you didn't steal Harvey's girl. Not saying my Bruce didn't have feelings for her then (definitely did), but it just wasn't right for that moment.

• Well I have two distinct playthroughs. Bad Batman and Good Batman. Bad Batman basically ends up alone (betrayed Selina, since she is a criminal, sided with Waller since bad Batman is beating up people left and right and taking any means necessary to achieve his goals, told Tiffany that I'd hunt her down, told Harley that I'd hunt her down, told Waller to piss off in the end, told Gordon to stop being a whiny little bitch numerous times etc.) because of all his choices and it fits that Alfred would leave and I'm left with only John as a friend and sort of ally. So that totally fit the mold. Bad Batman can't see reason beyond his own convictions and basically doesn't give a shit about anybody elses opinion and thinks he can do it all by himself.

Good Batman hung up to cape because it fit with his decisions (I got Waller to agree to let Avesta go and work for Wayne enterprises, I protected Gordon as much as I could and had him reinstated and he went back on his deal with Joker for me, I took Tiffany under my wing (let her be the new Batman while I sit at home), I protected Selina throughout 2 Seasons, she totally trusts me, I had her record cleared so basically it's all good to go to get a relationship going and a fresh start) and therefore obviously I want to keep Alfred around. Good Batman wants to protect the city rather than lead a crusade so he would see Alfred's reasoning as sound and realize that he created more danger over the last couple of months and was responsible for more deaths than have ever been commited before he took up the cape.

• Gave up Alfred. Giving up Batman would make no sense considering I took in Tiffany as an apprentice and told Gordon we had to keep working together to make Gotham safe.

• edited March 2018

I think it makes sense for Bruce to give up Batman on the villain episode because of all the death and destruction.

• So I was like 'damn you Alfred!!!!' But totally gave up Batman.... Which made me think 'welp... This gonna be an awkward talk with Tiffany' considering I decided to mentor her so she could get her redemption. I just hadn't expected Alfred to call it quits and made promises that now Bruce has gotta break. Bittersweet moment with a lot of bitter.
    But also think Alfred saying 'its our fault' was kinda crap. Like, Bruce did not create the pact. They already existed and were already killing people... and considering John was hangin with Harley.... I doubt he wouldn't have gone all Joker. Not to mention all the pact had their own motivations and none of it had to do with Batman at all... So like if just Batman wasn't around or hadn't existed... He prevented a lot of death and it was kind of sad to see no one acknowledge that but rather focus on how he influenced the situation. I felt super bad for Bruce cause everyone was like 'this is on you' even though he was pretty much the only one doing anything and taking a few good beatings in the process. Like seriously how did he not have a mental break?
    Although he can laugh kind of maniacally at John in villain path at some point. Which, no joke, was awesome and gave me chills. I was just like 'well, holy cow Bruce.... your sounding kinda crazy right now.' His expression is even a little cray, cray when he does it.

• I hope not

Shadow2122 posted: »

Or maybe now we play as Tiffany next season.

• Agreed. It's called Batman not "Unathletic girl with no martial arts backgrounds whatsoever with a head for technology". Is she going to develope a robo suit? Or will we have a training montage? And who will be her team?

I don't think TT will make the same mistake twice. They pissed off fans royally by switching to Javi in TWD and now going to back to Clem.

I hope not

• You're all wrong it's obvious we're gonna be playing as Frank in the next season.

hedop85 posted: »

Agreed. It's called Batman not "Unathletic girl with no martial arts backgrounds whatsoever with a head for technology". Is she going to dev

• They could just do what Mass Effect 2 and 3 did. If your character died in MA2 then you couldn't import your choices into MA3, your story ended right there. They could do the same with Batman, if you choose to give up being Batman that is fine, but your story ends right there, if you go on being Batman you can play season 3.

And no this doesn't "canonize" anything, this just gives weight to a choice in season 2, you know like everyone always wants.

• Nah thats not Telltale's style. Honestly the most logical choice is to just have there be a call to action in S3 and either Batman goes to face it or Bruce is brought out of retirement to go fight it. Either one works and continues the narrative without breaking the illusion of choice too much.

ComicMan posted: »

They could just do what Mass Effect 2 and 3 did. If your character died in MA2 then you couldn't import your choices into MA3, your story en

• It's not really that hard. There are plenty of people that could be used to lure Bruce Wayne out of retirement. If you didn't choose to mentor Tiffany then she knows about your real identity and might kidnap Alfred or Jim Gordon to get you to come out, Selina also knows your identity and if she is left with Waller she might make a run for it and try and take revenge on you, John might be the Joker now but he is as loopy as ever so it would be fairly easy to use him to lure out Batman etc.

Basically even if you hung up the cape the first two episodes could be you fighting crime as Bruce Wayne in a legit way only for Alfred and your to realize that only Batman can stop it. That could actually work quite well since the whole relationship thing could finally get some real juice if Alfred sets you certain limits and it's up to you whether you want to stick to them and thus preserve your fragile relationship or go for it nontheless. That would also open up a path for Alfred's return in a playthrough in which he left.

Nah thats not Telltale's style. Honestly the most logical choice is to just have there be a call to action in S3 and either Batman goes to f

Sign in to comment in this discussion.