Anyone think the Tech Demo footage sorta plays like Life is Strange?

edited April 2018 in The Walking Dead

I was getting that sort of vibe from it when I saw the free roam camera there and the reticle gone.

For anyone who doesn't know what I mean: https://youtube.com/watch?v=--GQwims8Q8

I really like the new gameplay style and it's giving me faith for season four. I kinda hope there's more exploration and puzzles and stuff.

Tagged:

Comments

• Yes and i think that's great,it's a big improvement,you get more freedom just like in Life Is Strange this looks promising.

• I'll miss you reticle...we had such good times.

Point and Click reticle 2005-2018

• The gameplay tech demo gives me hope that if nothing else, the gameplay will be a bit more interactive than before, imagine if you'd have to for example clear a house, and depending on how careful and thorough you went about it, some of your people or yourself could get hurt.

I am kinda hopeful for this season (though perhaps foolishly, considering we have barely seen anything)

• Yes but like the idea of gameplay being from a 3rd person view. You have more freedom to see the environments unlike previous games with fixed camera angles that restrict your view.

• I really it, I think it fits well with the season and gameplay so far. Plus it's different from previous seasons which is a plus.

• Well if they were going to incorporate something from LiS, I'm glad it's just that.

While the fixed camera was never something I had a problem with, I'm definitely open to this change. It feels a lot more interactive and adds something new to not just the series, but Telltale's gameplay as a whole. This could eventually work itself into some of the future Telltale games if fans end up liking this (which, based on early reaction, seems like they do).

Sign in to comment in this discussion.