Regarding The Final Season: Premise Misinterpreted.

GohanFGCGohanFGC Banned
edited April 2018 in The Walking Dead

I think Some people may have misinterpreted what the developers said at the panel. They said that Clementine would be "Going" to a boarding school next season. Which understandably does sound wierd. But I've spoken to my partner about this and we came to realize that what they Meant was that Clementine would "Find" an "Abandoned Boarding School" with Teen and Kids living there. For all we know, these kids could've been there Before the outbreak, and after the outbreak it was abandoned and these kids were the only ones left at that point.

Now some of you might be asking "Why the hell would a group of kids live in a School in the apocalypse?" Well, as some of you may or may not know from the panel, one of the characters they revealed, Louis, was somebody who they described as someone who had a hard time letting go of old surroundings. Right? Which begs the question. Do the others feel the same? Is this the reason these kids are living there now? Think about it.

Edit: Given his age, I suspect that Ten would've probably shown up After the outbreak started. Not all of kids could've been at the boarding school at the start. But at least some of them would. Furthermore, I seriously doubt that we've gotten the full cast of kids at this point as I suspect there will be More characters revealed at E3.

Let me know what you think.

Tagged:

Comments

• But all of these kids are to young to attend boarding school. You don’t send 8 year olds off to boarding school, and Ten is probably 10 which means he was 4 when the apocalypse kicked off.

• GohanFGCGohanFGC Banned
    edited April 2018

Ten could've shown up after the fact. Not all of them could've been there at the start. But at least some of them Would. I seriously doubt we've gotten the full cast at this point as I suspect there will be More characters revealed at E3.

Plan_R posted: »

But all of these kids are to young to attend boarding school. You don’t send 8 year olds off to boarding school, and Ten is probably 10 which means he was 4 when the apocalypse kicked off.

• edited April 2018

Well the other thing is that when the lead writer for Episode 1 said that they didn't know what they were doing, that was taken completely out of context. What Jessica Krause was saying was that it takes some time for a writer to get a feel for the project that they are working on.

When I began working on my TWD FF project, which was intended as my own version of The Final Season, it took like a Month just to write the first chapter. And it got easier as it went. I started keeping notes for ideas for later chapters that I would use when I got to them. This made the writing process much easier and faster than it otherwise would've been. At one point, I was posting chapters weekly up until Chapter 5. By the time I posted the first chapter of Episode 2, I had pretty much figured out where I wanted to go with that project.

• But thats the issue, and people arnt really taking it out of context, she said she doesnt know what happens after episode 1 because episode 2 is just going to be written by some other team. And thats an issue. Episode 1 can be the most amazing episode ever, but seeing that they dont know what even happens after that isnt a good sign. They could just set up episode 1 to go in one direction, but this new episode team doesnt go with that and does something else.

It may have worked with what you were writing, but you were also writing the whole thing by yourself. Your project wasnt being interchanged between multiple writing teams all writing their own chapters, leaving it with something for the next team to work on. It was just you, making it consistent. So when you ended a chapter, you yourself you figure out where you wanted to go next based on what you wrote last, instead of just getting a completely different view to write the rest. And in all fairness, sometimes a different point of view can be something that improves the story, but then again if that chapter is now left for some other view to write the next chapter, inconsistency can happen again with it now taking another direction that doesnt make sense. And its kinda worrying knowing Telltale seems to be putting writers on and off episodes this season aswell, considering ANF had this issue of too many writers and just having almost a completely new set of writers every episode which lead to each episode feeling like it had no idea where the plot was going or what the plot actually was.

patrickrc95 posted: »

Well the other thing is that when the lead writer for Episode 1 said that they didn't know what they were doing, that was taken completely o

• Ten could've shown up after the fact. Not all of them could've been there at the start.

I kinda hope not only is that the case, but that they actually take advantage of that.
    Both the Cabin Group and the Garcia's(well, mostly Kate) emphasized being a unit of a common backstory a little too much for what they had and what they ended up expounding.

GohanFGC posted: »

Ten could've shown up after the fact. Not all of them could've been there at the start. But at least some of them Would. I seriously doubt we've gotten the full cast at this point as I suspect there will be More characters revealed at E3.

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff

slides in hey. Current design lead for episode 2 here. I worked/ am working heavily on ep 1 as well. We know where it’s going and share ideas constantly. I can talk to Jess from my desk we sit so close.

For the record- telltale episodes each have separate leads, with season leads overseeing the whole. This isn’t a new thing. We actually are having people do more work on episodes they aren’t leading than I’ve ever seen before. Lots of collaboration. Y’all are in for a treat :)

Poogers555 posted: »

But thats the issue, and people arnt really taking it out of context, she said she doesnt know what happens after episode 1 because episode

• Honestly all we can do is trust Telltale to make an amazing game. I personally trust them. I’m not saying it isn’t fun to speculate (because I like to as well) but I believe Telltale will learn learn from their mistakes.

• From what I've seen it looks like the season is going to play out like a high school simulator with zombies in the background.

• Hi Emily I am sorry if I am annoying you. Just wanted to say that we are very excited for The Final Season. I just have a strong feeling that it will be good (I have been saying that a lot to other people so I am not exactly just saying it because you are here). I am highly appreciative of the work that you and everyone involved has put in.

I really can't wait to play the Final Installment of Clementine's journey and I look forward to seeing your influence on the game!

P.S. Great job on Batman: The Enemy Within I loved every second of it! I am sure that you will be able to incorporate that into The Final Season!! Take care and I am honestly very sorry if I have been a headache.

slides in hey. Current design lead for episode 2 here. I worked/ am working heavily on ep 1 as well. We know where it’s going and share idea

Sign in to comment in this discussion.