Season 2's Original Story?

2»

Comments

• edited November 2018

I always thought the beta (PS3) version of the slide was the coolest for Amid the Ruins. I’ve asked this before but never got an answer, where did the concept art for the slides get found?

I thought it was the other way around? Personally, I believe what he mentioned was only half of the truth. While episode 3's beg

• But the unused audio files for the herd scene were in episode 3 right, and not episode 4 even though clem smearing the blood would have happened before that and would have to be in episode 3 then, so....

ahaaaaaaa

.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

It makes me think that, at least, episode 3 would have been MUCH longer originally The ending of episode 2 was originally supposed t

• If the group was indeed meant to begin going through the herd, at the beginning of episode 4, I believe it was going to be like that, back when Kenny was Carver; hence why I spaced that theory out from the comment about the unused lines, and grouped it in with the silhouette comment. :p

But seriously, most of the major plot points that ended up making it into the final product, were likely finalized around episode 2. As shortly after A House Divided's release, Nick Breckon mentioned in a IGN Playing Dead episode, that he was writing the finale.

Louche posted: »

But the unused audio files for the herd scene were in episode 3 right, and not episode 4 even though clem smearing the blood would have happened before that and would have to be in episode 3 then, so.... ahaaaaaaa .aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

• edited November 2018

According to ICB, they were found on a site (now gone) that had the portfolio of one of the UI designers for S2, who uploaded her old work instead of her new work, and someone managed to save it all before it was taken down.

Since I'm mentioning them, might as well show these side by side comparisons I made:

Guess you can say we're very lucky to have access to these images.

NOHATCLEM posted: »

I always thought the beta (PS3) version of the slide was the coolest for Amid the Ruins. I’ve asked this before but never got an answer, where did the concept art for the slides get found?

• What was the point of changing episode 4? The title screen still has nothing to do with the episode.
    And man, Clem's face in the episode 1 beta is FREAKY. What is up with that?

According to ICB, they were found on a site (now gone) that had the portfolio of one of the UI designers for S2, who uploaded her old work i

• I think it may have been [made to be] more symbolic compared to the other title screens, as the change with Vince indicates that they likely intended for them to be the Howe's Ski Cabin Group but they never bothered to continue replacing them.

And man, Clem's face in the episode 1 beta is FREAKY. What is up with that?

She apparently got shot by Winston in a much earlier version of the story and is on guard as a result.

What was the point of changing episode 4? The title screen still has nothing to do with the episode. And man, Clem's face in the episode 1 beta is FREAKY. What is up with that?

• Yeah, so no dog bite in that version? A shot arm instead? That would mean no dog-bite-shed-sewing drama bullshit. Wonder what the story was.
    And I wonder if Clementine was supposed to be more adult and jaded judging by that.

DabigRG posted: »

I think it may have been [made to be] more symbolic compared to the other title screens, as the change with Vince indicates that they likely

• Perhaps.
    The theme of trust likely would've had even more to it if so.

Yeah, so no dog bite in that version? A shot arm instead? That would mean no dog-bite-shed-sewing drama bullshit. Wonder what the story was. And I wonder if Clementine was supposed to be more adult and jaded judging by that.

• It would be so rad if one of the writers were able to publicly talk about the original script. I wonder if they legally can now since Telltale went under and their Confidentiality Agreements no longer apply.

According to ICB, they were found on a site (now gone) that had the portfolio of one of the UI designers for S2, who uploaded her old work i

• Does anyone know Nick Breckon, Andrew Grant, Sean Ainsworth, etc on Twitter?

• That's not to say that Clem isn't jaded in the final game, she is but I mean more consistently.

Then again, I'm no child psychologist. I don't know how that shit works.

DabigRG posted: »

Perhaps. The theme of trust likely would've had even more to it if so.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.