What are your 13 reasons Why Season 2 Expectations?

2»

Comments

• how is it compared to Life is Strange? which one do you like better?

don't need to. megami summed it up pretty well in their comment. i share all the same thoughts. only thing left out is that the plot is fundamentally fucking broken.

• Do parents always say Kiddo to their children? or can Adults call younger people Kiddo?

Why though?

• to me this is like asking me to pick between being carpet bombed and being gassed. i suffer both ways but both are equally fucking painful to experience. life is strange innaccurately portrays teenage angst and constantly makes awful and cringey pop culture references in an attempt to win brownie points. the few moments when the story shines and reaches a 10/10 level are completely cut off by shitty facial animation and hair physics or just awful voice acting in general. 13 reasons why consistently portrays suicide and mental disorders in the most fucking cliched, CW show way possible. the story is an absolute trainwreck, every character is poorly written and has the depth of a plank of wood, and despite having some really cool directing choices, it's completely undercut by the fact that literally nothing in the story works or makes coherent sense, and neither do the character's actions to anybody watching who has attempted suicide once or numerous times before or have suffered a friend's suicide. e

can we meet in the middle and say night in the woods? i like night in the woods. that game is cute and treats mental health like a real issue with respect. i'm gonna go with night in the woods.

Anonymer posted: »

how is it compared to Life is Strange? which one do you like better?

• watching S2E5. He seems to be becoming a good guy. he even punched Seth.

Why though?

• How did the school's lawyer even know some details that were supposedly only known by Hannah and the people on the tape? Hannah is already dead, and the people on the tape kept what happened between them a secret.

• I can't believe people are comparing 13 reasons why to Life is strange

• dat true

MegaXD posted: »

I can't believe people are comparing 13 reasons why to Life is strange

• I feel like Megami's response is an example of someone who has a uneducated/ one-sided viewpoint on teenagers and mental illness/depression. Like she just read a few articles on the topic and considered herself well-educated enough to make criticism. This paragraph is a good example of what I'm talking about:

To summarize, Hannah Baker did nothing to help herself and her suicide is just another last cry for attention. She had the counselor who kept on asking her about what went down between her and Bryce, about what she could do to actually solve her problems. Report to the police? Nah, she doesn't want to. Say who raped her? Nope, Hannah doesn't want to say his name.

Hannah pushed people who wanted to help her problems escalate to the point where she over analyzed every high school interaction. She's using these problems as ammunition to fire back, to justify why she killed herself. She's a bad person for putting immense amount of guilt and shame to people who barely did her wrong.

The show fails to depict a real world issues faced by high school students.

Firstly, you do know that a quick google search will reveal studies and articles explaining why women who have experienced rape or sexual harassment have a hard time speaking up about it. Its not something that you can just easily tell anyone, especially when Hannah at that point is so deep in her depression that she is about to commit suicide. You can also find people who relate to the character at this stage. https://www.theodysseyonline.com/post-malone-instagram-captions

Secondly, depression has the power to make you believe that you are alone even though you are not. It has serious affect on the way you behave and think, leaving you mentally compromised. The thing you just criticized her for IS an example of clinical depression. At that point, the only people who she could count on were her parents, and Clay( whom she believed hurt him to the point that he wanted nothing to do with her.) Any one else she came acquainted with betrayed her basically via humiliation, bullying, slut-shamming, and then the rape.

• So anyway...as someone who loved the first season, season 2 was as expected: unnecessary. It doesn't add anything important to the original season, any of its best scenes could have easily been implemented in the original, its not as focused, and half of the finale completely undermines what the entire season was building up to.

• I feel like you're assuming that I'm uneducated because my views differs from yours. At the end of the day, if you don't do anything to solve your problems, you can't and shouldn't blame other people if they can't/didn't help you.

I feel like Megami's response is an example of someone who has a uneducated/ one-sided viewpoint on teenagers and mental illness/depression.

• I think zombies just really wanna be loved.

I feel like you're assuming that I'm uneducated because my views differs from yours. At the end of the day, if you don't do anything to solve your problems, you can't and shouldn't blame other people if they can't/didn't help you.

• edited May 2018

What kind of jury would not find the School Responsible, after all the evidences?

• edited May 2018

regarding Justin Foley's mother, the Judge says, keep looking, until then he's remanded. what the heck.

What kind of jury would not find the School Responsible, after all the evidences?

• Will there still be Season 3? i just don't know how they're going to do it.

• There's no way they can cover up for Tyler.

Will there still be Season 3? i just don't know how they're going to do it.

• I'm assuming your uneducated about the topic, because your comment is an example of someone who has a basic to little understanding of teenage depression.

I feel like you're assuming that I'm uneducated because my views differs from yours. At the end of the day, if you don't do anything to solve your problems, you can't and shouldn't blame other people if they can't/didn't help you.

• I don't know. There shouldn't have been a second season at all.

Will there still be Season 3? i just don't know how they're going to do it.

• yeah. they didn't need to put the Tyler scene in Season 2. it was like they wanted to outdo season 1's suicide scene.

I don't know. There shouldn't have been a second season at all.

• edited May 2018

My comment is coming from someone who actually suffered with depression. So I guess I am the uneducated one now? Point is, the show insultingly portrays depression and suicide.

If teenage depression is cutting my wrists and making tapes to put my friends in a life-long guilt then I probably didn't go through depression correctly. /s

If you can't help yourself, you only have yourself to blame.

I'm assuming your uneducated about the topic, because your comment is an example of someone who has a basic to little understanding of teenage depression.

• I think after reading discussions, mostly about s1 since I've just finished s2 myself, that the problem with how some view this series is that people think this is about depression/trauma/suicide in general, when it's actually just Hannah's story. Not yours, not mine, not anybody else's. Everyone reacts differently, 13 Reasons Why only shows how these particular characters reacted to all the horrible experiences they've been through.

And if you haven't been through sexual assault trauma yourself, you don't really have the place to say anything about it.. I've been through both of these situations that Hannah and Jessica had to endure. And it makes me so angry, when people say things like "why would Hannah go there" or "why would she put herself in that situation" like are you f***ing kidding me? Just like they said in the series, it's men/rapists who make those situations bad. It's never the victims fault, as much as I hate the word 'victim'. And I understand staying quiet, and why it's so hard to talk about since it personally took me over a decade to say anything out loud.

This is dark yes, but just like in the series this happens in real life too. That's the point of this series.. to show what can go wrong when you're trying to get help or when someone talks to you about these things, the point is to make people talk about these things. For example, it shows what the counsellor did wrong, what he should have done instead. I think that's good, and so so important.

• edited May 2018

which is more appropriate person though? a counselor or a psychiatrist?

lilsnek posted: »

I think after reading discussions, mostly about s1 since I've just finished s2 myself, that the problem with how some view this series is th

• i agree with this:
    "If you can't help yourself, you only have yourself to blame."

but i think there are things thatgo out of control to a person when she undergoes depression. just like robbin williams. he was such a good actor. and was a legend. or whitney houston. we never knew they would be depressed until it was too late.

My comment is coming from someone who actually suffered with depression. So I guess I am the uneducated one now? Point is, the show insultin

• Watching this show made me feel kind of hopeless to be honest, the show feels like it's making a game out of a serious topic that many of us are affected by. In the end, I personally felt bad for some of the people on the tape and now Season 2 feels like it's mostly just a cash grab.

• for sure, hannah baker won't be in season 3. because her story was already told and it would be a long drag if they still include her in it.

prink34320 posted: »

Watching this show made me feel kind of hopeless to be honest, the show feels like it's making a game out of a serious topic that many of us

• Yeah, well Robin Williams didn't make 13 tapes prior to his suicide. :smile:

i agree with this: "If you can't help yourself, you only have yourself to blame." but i think there are things thatgo out of control to

Sign in to comment in this discussion.