A New Frontier.... wasn't actually that bad?

Comments

• Wouldnt you be pissed off at yourself for complain about people complaining, expecting them to change?

Melton23 posted: »

I get pissed at anyone who complains and expects things to change

• edited May 2018

That’s the thing though, I’m not trying to get you to change because I know there’s no arguing against “fan logic” because they dismiss reason so easily, I only simply point out that you’re wasting your time, whereas you guys are trying to take on a massive corporation using a single site by saying stuff like “a video game with no gameplay ruined my life, FAK U TALLTALE” what really gets to me is the fact that people still hang around despite having a clear distaste for the company, but the REAL difference between me and other fans is that I don’t go looking to attack with my opinions, I wait until somebody makes a comment that didn’t need to be made.

Poogers555 posted: »

Wouldnt you be pissed off at yourself for complain about people complaining, expecting them to change?

• It was a very disappointing game and even now some time has passed by, it hasn't really left any lasting impression on me.

@Melton23
    I don't think anyone is saying that the game ruined their life (maybe a very small minority of over the top posters) but the criticism was 100% justified at the time in my opinion. When the product is disappointing that many people who have already paid their money, then yeah, they are going to give their opinions. There were a few people who defended the game and I got the impression that they were doing so to try and restore some balance to the board, rather than actually liking the game themselves. The whole situation is more of a problem with the game rather than the fans being unreasonable.

• Pretty sure it isnt truly wasting time when there has been changes due to people giving feedback. For example ANF was pretty much fucked the second it released with no way to save it (especially after doing 2 episodes leaving way less room to actually improve anything) there was still changes due to fan feedback. Which is why people want to make sure the feedback they give before Season 4 is loud and clear before it releases. Sorry if giving feedback for the next game is going to involve criticisms of the old game 2 years later, thats just how it works.

No one is attacking anyone with opinions, its a forum meant for people to post opinions. Thats kinda the point, People give their opinion. Just because someones opinion is "I dont like ANF" doesnt make that person some hateful angry person just because you dont agree with their opinion. You cant say you "wait for someone to make a comment that didnt need to be made" its just silly. Just like you're allowed to disagree with people saying they dont like ANF, people are allowed to disagree with you saying why ANF isnt as bad as they say. Thats just how it is.

That’s the thing though, I’m not trying to get you to change because I know there’s no arguing against “fan logic” because they dismiss reas

• Yeah, you’re not getting my point so I’m just gonna drink some bleach while contemplating how doomed humanity is

Pretty sure it isnt truly wasting time when there has been changes due to people giving feedback. For example ANF was pretty much fucked the

• Well I think everyone gets the point you're trying to make, its just what you're saying is painfully ironic

Yeah, you’re not getting my point so I’m just gonna drink some bleach while contemplating how doomed humanity is

• Holy shit.... yeah, you still don’t understand. Now here’s some emojis that people use online to wind other people up because they’re wrong about something. ?????

Well I think everyone gets the point you're trying to make, its just what you're saying is painfully ironic

• well if someone proves you wrong in the future, please remember what you said previously instead of contradicting yourself and giving points with no backbone each time it makes you look like a silly willy my main man :kennysad:

Holy shit.... yeah, you still don’t understand. Now here’s some emojis that people use online to wind other people up because they’re wrong about something. ?????

• ?????

LMFAOOO

Holy shit.... yeah, you still don’t understand. Now here’s some emojis that people use online to wind other people up because they’re wrong about something. ?????

• That’s the thing though, I’m not trying to get you to change because I know there’s no arguing against “fan logic” because they dismiss reason so easily

Are you declaring yourself the voice of reason here? If so that's a pretty high horse you're riding.

I only simply point out that you’re wasting your time, whereas you guys are trying to take on a massive corporation using a single site

We aren't warring against the company. We want Telltale to realize their full potential and they can't understand where they should improve if we don't try to point it out.

“a video game with no gameplay ruined my life, FAK U TALLTALE”

They do have gameplay actually. I have fun playing their games and I'd bet a majority of the people here do as well despite the pessimism that can come from their more mediocre titles.

the REAL difference between me and other fans is that I don’t go looking to attack with my opinions, I wait until somebody makes a comment that didn’t need to be made.

This whole chain of comments was started because you criticized those who still had questions regarding the flaws in the storytelling in ANF, a game that centers completely around storytelling. The OP only shared how they felt ANF was underrated and clarified that they did not mean to disrespect anyone. Again you're making yourself out as superior by claiming that your "attacks" are justified compared to when "other fans" do it, which is a pretty big generalization.

That’s the thing though, I’m not trying to get you to change because I know there’s no arguing against “fan logic” because they dismiss reas

• Not gonna lie, reading this made me?

Cocoa2736 posted: »

• I don't mean to sound aggressive or patronizing. I get what you originally wanted to get across, "A New Frontier isn't worth analyzing anymore (if it even ever was.)" That's understandable. Unless someone else brings up something concerning ANF that I feel like responding to I just can't find much of value to talk about in the game aside from logical inconsistencies. Which is unfortunate since half the fun of these games is seeing people argue over what choices are better or whether or not some character is an asshole and with ANF I don't see much of that, at least where there isn't an overwhelming majority on one side anyway. This forum seemed to just go back to Kenny or Jane arguments, which honestly is starting to get old (if it hasn't already done so)

Not gonna lie, reading this made me?

• If you want something to talk about, try starting some walking dead related game threads like roleplay or something like that

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I don't mean to sound aggressive or patronizing. I get what you originally wanted to get across, "A New Frontier isn't worth analyzing anymo

• @Melton23 @Cocoa2736 ♪why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?♪

• This thread has just turned into everyone arguing with Melton. This is what happens when you dare to admit to liking ANF. :P

• Everyone BUTus(mostly me). I tried to explain to him why people didn't like ANF on the first page.

AgentZ46 posted: »

This thread has just turned into everyone arguing with Melton. This is what happens when you dare to admit to liking ANF. :P

• It was mostly a joke, not trying to call anyone out.

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

Everyone BUTus(mostly me). I tried to explain to him why people didn't like ANF on the first page.

• I don't intend to start drama or anything. I'll admit that I can seem confrontational when I argue but I don't have anything against anyone here. If I was offended by anything Melton said (I don't believe so?) it passed pretty quickly, so I don't see anything to hold a grudge over even if I wanted to for some reason.

I also want to add that I don't have anything against anyone for enjoying ANF. That's great that they liked it. I like seeing some positivity here too.

@Melton23 @Cocoa2736 ♪why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?♪

• edited May 2018

A New Frontier definitely has it's charms but I personally can't get past how they disregarded my Season 2 ending, made my Clem the same as everybody else's despite #myclementine and proceeded to make up lies including 42* starting points and episode 1 being too big that it needed to be split. Then afterwards giving is character information that we should have gotten in the game and the whole Javi is apparently Bi is a little insulting considering the game kept trying to get him to get with Kate, also killing off a character who was well received in episode 1.

This was Telltale's chance to show everyone they've improved but they mucked it up and that negatively affected the industry as a whole and left a bad mark for Guardians of the Galaxy and Batman: The Enemy Within a.k.a what A New Frontier should've been like.

*went over by 10, sorry.

• No.... EVERY thread is an argue with Melton thread.

AgentZ46 posted: »

This thread has just turned into everyone arguing with Melton. This is what happens when you dare to admit to liking ANF. :P

• All I can say is that The Walking Dead A New Frontier is basically The Last Jedi.

• proceeded to make up lies including 52 starting points and episode 1 being too big that it needed to be split.

Is there a video or screenshot where they say this? And yeah, him being “bi” wasn’t evident in the game at all. Not saying I wanna see two dudes flirt and all that.

prink34320 posted: »

A New Frontier definitely has it's charms but I personally can't get past how they disregarded my Season 2 ending, made my Clem the same as

• made my Clem the same as everybody else's despite #myclementine and proceeded to make up lies including 52 starting points and episode 1 being too big that it needed to be split.

Which were stupid from the get-go, for the record.

A New Frontier definitely has it's charms but I personally can't get past how they disregarded my Season 2 ending, made my Clem the same as

• @prink34320 and the whole Javi is apparently Bi is a little insulting considering the game kept trying to get him to get with Kate,

Is it weird that that's one thing I don't care much about?

proceeded to make up lies including 52 starting points and episode 1 being too big that it needed to be split. Is there a video or s

• https://telltale.com/news/2016/12/telltale-s-a-new-frontier-story-generator/

It was 42 starting points, not 52, but still. Theres a few blog post about hwy Ep 1 was split in 2 but you can also search A New Frontier game awards and find them talking about spliting episode 1

proceeded to make up lies including 52 starting points and episode 1 being too big that it needed to be split. Is there a video or s

• Theres a few blog post about hwy Ep 1 was split in 2 but you can also search A New Frontier game awards and find them talking about spliting episode 1

I still don't understand that. It's not like we got an Episode 6

https://telltale.com/news/2016/12/telltale-s-a-new-frontier-story-generator/ It was 42 starting points, not 52, but still. Theres a few b

• I dont think anyone understands why they split it in 2. To create hype maybe? Really have no clue, it was just a straight up lie though saying it was "too big."

Sadly I think spliting the episode is what hurt ANF the most overall. Now they were already at episode 3, half way through the season, and were now seeing no one was enjoying the story. So now they had way less room to try and fix it because they were already pretty locked in with this pretty bad narrative.

DabigRG posted: »

Theres a few blog post about hwy Ep 1 was split in 2 but you can also search A New Frontier game awards and find them talking about spliting episode 1 I still don't understand that. It's not like we got an Episode 6

• I feel as though the story they envisioned was too short and they tried to stretch the beginning out as much as they could.

I dont think anyone understands why they split it in 2. To create hype maybe? Really have no clue, it was just a straight up lie though sayi

• Is it weird that that's one thing I don't care much about?

Not at all? I don’t care either, I just don’t want to be told something about a character and not see it,hear it being talked about, mentioned, or hinted at inside the actual game. Him being bi doesn’t really add character to him.

@prink34320 and the whole Javi is apparently Bi is a little insulting considering the game kept trying to get him to get with Kate, Is it weird that that's one thing I don't care much about?

• Considering the second episode was originally called "Divided We Fall," I'm pretty sure that was a steaming hunk that they didn't think through for the sake of hype as well.

Now they were already at episode 3, half way through the season, and were now seeing no one was enjoying the story. So now they had way less room to try and fix it because they were already pretty locked in with this pretty bad narrative.

See, I'm not sure how much of an outlier I am on this, but I for one really thought most of the elements and subplots they have in the third and fourth episode were really good ideas. They just undersold, rushed through, half assed, or straight up copped out on much of em.

I dont think anyone understands why they split it in 2. To create hype maybe? Really have no clue, it was just a straight up lie though sayi

• Considering how rushed the story is overall(but especially near the end), I'm not sure if I don't believe that.

I feel as though the story they envisioned was too short and they tried to stretch the beginning out as much as they could.

• Not at all? I don’t care either, I just don’t want to be told something about a character and not see it,hear it being talked about, mentioned, or hinted at inside the actual game.

Fair enough.

Him being bi doesn’t really add character to him.

Nah, not really. In fact, I'm fine with the notion of him going both ways because what I know about his character and backstory could lend itself in that direction.

Is it weird that that's one thing I don't care much about? Not at all? I don’t care either, I just don’t want to be told something a

• what I know about his character and backstory could lend itself in that direction

Like what? I'm curious?

Not at all? I don’t care either, I just don’t want to be told something about a character and not see it,hear it being talked about, mention

• Well, Javier is a something of a wisecracking, yet laidback type of person who's career choice allows him to travel and party at his leisure, after growing up in a family where he was often judged and occasionally attacked by his older brother.
    Thus, the idea that he'd be down for mixing things up in that way is a possibility that he'd be free to do.

what I know about his character and backstory could lend itself in that direction Like what? I'm curious?

• Javier being bisexual is like applying a band-aid to a bullet wound. You can't fix a broken mess.

• I mean... Javi being bi doesn't really have to add any characterization? I agree with DabigRG that it makes sense given his background, but also like... in real life people aren't bi or gay or whatever to add character. It's fine for Javi to be bi, and I like that he is, but Telltale should've also added some more actual characterization to make Javi more interesting.

• Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
    edited May 2018

Being bi in real life isn't a choice, you just like what you like. In The Walking Dead, it's a decision developers make to add character. He was probably stated as being bi to appeal to LGBT members, or to add a little more information about his personal life. Either way, I don't really care whether or not he's bi, it's just a random thing to add. Lee was a convicted murderer, and that impacted the game and players around him. Javi being bi doesn't do anything, and it doesn't have to, but if they were gonna add more details about him, I'd like to see them take shape in the game, like how he got booted from the major leagues for gambling.

I mean... Javi being bi doesn't really have to add any characterization? I agree with DabigRG that it makes sense given his background, but

• Making Javi bi last second is just kinda annoying after doing the whole forced Kate romance and then "oh yeah im bi too" which doesnt really add anything. Considering telltale literally confirmed Javi was bi after the Jesus interaction, and In that same statement go "#Representation" just makes it feel even dumber. Just make him bi last second to get some sweet representation points. Why not make it clear Javi is bi from the start instead of being so afraid of doing that and making it so its revealed he is bi 2 minutes before we never see him ever again.

Being bi in real life isn't a choice, you just like what you like. In The Walking Dead, it's a decision developers make to add character. He

• Exactly my point.

Making Javi bi last second is just kinda annoying after doing the whole forced Kate romance and then "oh yeah im bi too" which doesnt really

• Okay, I agree with that.

Making Javi bi last second is just kinda annoying after doing the whole forced Kate romance and then "oh yeah im bi too" which doesnt really

Sign in to comment in this discussion.