The Survivor Roasting Thread

edited May 2018 in The Walking Dead

You know what this community needs?

More snarky criticism!

Here you can throw shade on whatever character from Telltale's The Walking Dead that you want. Don't hold back and be as clever as you can! You can also ask others to roast certain characters if you want.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited May 2018

"Fuck your stupid boat, Kenny!" LuL

• It's no wonder why Kenny wanted Clem to drive. He couldn't keep his eyes on the road ;) ;)

• How many reasons why I wanted Ben to die? Let me count the ways in no order: 1) Complaining that the Crawford plan isn't going to go well 2) Taking the ax from the barred door 3) Getting Carly killed 4) Not man enough to tell Lily that he was giving meds to the bandits 5) Giving meds to the bandits! 6) Wavering if he should go with Lee to help find Clem. 7) Standing on a shaky fire escape and not discerning there was anything wrong 8) Leaving Clem to die in the streets 9) Allowing Clem to run off and follow Lee and Kenny 10) Not seeing a herd until the last final minute

• Carly definitely wasn’t a saint. she told Larry about Lee being a murderer. Really? There are dead people walking around ripping guts out and you’re more worried with the fact that he killed a guy? THAT’S what everyone should know? What makes it worse is that she kept egging him on to tell everyone like it even mattered. Should’ve jumped in the game and shot her myself for doing that

• Did she tell Larry? Why would she do that??!

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

Carly definitely wasn’t a saint. she told Larry about Lee being a murderer. Really? There are dead people walking around ripping guts out an

• Omid! We're locked in an attic! Do I really want to hear a joke? You want to lighten the mood? Use your intestines as a rope a la Machete and get us out of here!

• I'm gonna throw some characters out there every once in a while to get the ball rolling

~Roast Clementine~

• Carley didn’t tell Larry about Lee. Larry already knew, Carley even asked if anyone else knew about his secret.

You do know Lee would have been on the news or in the paper? More than one person would have found out who he was

Carly definitely wasn’t a saint. she told Larry about Lee being a murderer. Really? There are dead people walking around ripping guts out an

• Trying to preemptively figure out if even clicking on this thread was a good idea.

• Complaining that the Crawford plan isn't going to go well

How is a crime, now?

Wavering if he should go with Lee to help find Clem.

Considering everything that had happened up til that point and how everyone talked about him long ahead of time...

Standing on a shaky fire escape and not discerning there was anything wrong

To be fair, he was in the process of getting ready to jump when the thing started creaking loose. The look on his face is really all anyone can reasonably do in that situation.

Allowing Clem to run off and follow Lee and Kenny

To be fair, Christa and Kenny couldn't do anything about that either.'

Not seeing a herd until the last final minute

What herd?

Torridd posted: »

How many reasons why I wanted Ben to die? Let me count the ways in no order: 1) Complaining that the Crawford plan isn't going to go well 2)

• she told Larry about Lee being a murderer.

That'd be really fuckin stupid of her considering she warns Lee not to let anyone suspect him of anything. Not to mention hypocritical.

What makes it worse is that she kept egging him on to tell everyone like it even mattered.

To be fair, he had already earned everyone's respect and maybe even trust by that point and the fact that Larry already figured it out meant that the increasingly mistrustful and falling apart Lilly has a chance of potentially blurting it out.

• edited May 2018

Keep your finger away off the trigger, son. Remember: any idiot with a gun can shoot something. A wise woman knows how to deal with conflict without even touching one. ...Or, at least anyone with a lick of good sense.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I'm gonna throw some characters out there every once in a while to get the ball rolling ~Roast Clementine~

• If Larry already knew about it, wouldn't he have said something to Lee about him being a murderer from the moment they walked in? He sure as hell didn't want any new comers, so im sure he would've said something about it at the time if he had known about Lee from the start. It doesn't make sense that Larry finds out Lee's a killer,minutes after Carley tells Lee she knows about him, without Carley saying something to Larry. He definitely didn't eavesdrop when Carley and Lee were talking either.

dan290786 posted: »

Carley didn’t tell Larry about Lee. Larry already knew, Carley even asked if anyone else knew about his secret. You do know Lee would have been on the news or in the paper? More than one person would have found out who he was

• To be fair, he had already earned everyone's respect and maybe even trust by that point

Yeah, but I don't see how him being a murderer could possibly matter in a world where no one's exempt from killing to stay alive.
    Then she said something along the lines of "If you become a detriment to the group, then we're going to have a problem." Like, HELLO?!?!, You're REALLY about to threaten a KILLER like he couldn't snap your neck right then and there???? You seem pretty frail too, like, are you sure this is the best coarse of action?????

DabigRG posted: »

she told Larry about Lee being a murderer. That'd be really fuckin stupid of her considering she warns Lee not to let anyone suspect

• Yeah, but I don't see how him being a murderer could possibly matter in a world where no one's exempt from killing to stay alive.

Considering those people saw him as someone worth relying on at that point and were kind of divided due to dwindling resources and the tension between Kenny and Lilly, suddenly finding out that this man was a murderer would probably shake them at the core and make them reevaluate how much of that ignorant faith was even wise to have developed.
    This was months after they met, btw. Episode 3.

Then she said something along the lines of "If you become a detriment to the group, then we're going to have a problem." Like, HELLO?!?!, You're REALLY about to threaten a KILLER like he couldn't snap your neck right then and there???? You seem pretty frail too, like, are you sure this is the best coarse of action?????

Yeah, it wasn't really the safest move to gamble on. Likely, she pegged him as someone who wasn't actually a true killer but rather someone who had a really bad day/moment, and assumed warning him to keep his act together would discourage any actual venomous actions.

To be fair, he had already earned everyone's respect and maybe even trust by that point Yeah, but I don't see how him being a murder

• finding out that this man was a murderer would probably shake them at the core

I guess, but it's stupid to worry about what someone has did rather than what they're doing, especially when that person is going out of his way to supply everyone with goods they need to survive. "Lee.....I can't believe we trusted and looked up to you! HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY FAIL TO MENTION THAT BEFORE YOU STARTED RISKING YOUR OWN LIFE FOR US BY GOING ON SCAVENGING RUNS, GETTING WHATEVER FOOD AND SUPPLIES YOU COULD FIND TO HELP KEEP US ALL ALIVE, YOU WERE THE REASON SOMEBODY STOPPED LIVING?!"

Yeah, but I don't see how him being a murderer could possibly matter in a world where no one's exempt from killing to stay alive. Co

• Well, considering Kenny...

finding out that this man was a murderer would probably shake them at the core I guess, but it's stupid to worry about what someone

• edited May 2018

Err he may not have recognised him straight away, you do know that’s possible right? Also Lilly would have heard the news immediately if Carley had told Larry whilst he was sitting on the floor. Why would Carley confront Lee and ask if anyone else in the drugstore knows about this and then she says she’ll keep it to herself? Why in episode 2 does Carley ask if anyone else knows his secret? If Lee says “Larry knows”, she says “oh great! That can’t be easy”. So you think she lied? Nah shes not the type to lie though and she certainly didnt give hints that she was lying. In episode 3 Lee will tell Carley that Larry obviously spoke with Lilly at some point about Lee but that doesn’t add up if Lilly had heard Carley tell Larry in episode one. It doesn’t add up what you’re saying.

That is all assumption and i have to say you’re the first i have seen to think this and I disagree completely with you. Its like i said, Lee would have made the news or papers or something for more than one person to know who he was. If Carley had lied and told Larry i am sure they would have made a hint to it. So i think you’re wrong

If Larry already knew about it, wouldn't he have said something to Lee about him being a murderer from the moment they walked in? He sure as

• Another point is if you save Doug, the Stranger in episode 5 can say “you let a pretty girl with gun die to protect your secret”. So again, it hints that Carley hadn’t said anything before her determinant death. There’s no sure fire evidence that Carley lied or ever lied about something in the game.

If Larry already knew about it, wouldn't he have said something to Lee about him being a murderer from the moment they walked in? He sure as

• he may not have recognized him right away, you do know that right?

how likely is that possibility? Remember saying they would’ve given hints if Carley was lying? Yeah well there weren’t hints that Larry had remembered who Lee was, and if there were, we would’ve heard him saying something along the lines of “he seems familiar” or “I know you from somewhere”, just like how Hershel hinted Lee that he knew something was up when he questioned clementine, saying “Do you know this man?”

That is all assumption

Isn’t Larry somehow remembering Lee through the news and/or papers your assumption as well? You say “That is all assumption” like what you’re saying is a fact.

Err he may not have recognised him straight away, you do know that’s possible right? Also Lilly would have heard the news immediately if Car

• Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
    edited May 2018

That doesn’t prove anything at all. Carley still couldve decided to tell larry about Lee killing before the apocalypse after lee gives irene the gun to kill herself. This could’ve happened while Lee and Doug are figuring out how to get the keys from his brother.

Another point is if you save Doug, the Stranger in episode 5 can say “you let a pretty girl with gun die to protect your secret”. So again,

• There's nothing in the game to say that Carley did or didn't tell Larry about Lee. But from her actions in the game, she seems to genuinely care about and trust Lee. Plus, if she were to tell anyone about Lee, would she really tell Larry? She's shown to clash with Lilly and Larry during the first interaction of theirs that we see. Plus, she knows that he's pretty unpredictable from being around him for a while. I don't think Carley would want to bring that kind of chaos to the group. If she were to tell anyone, I'd guess Doug or maybe Glenn. Not Larry. Unless you're also going to say that Carley had some sort of hidden dark side to her character that lead her to tell someone who she didn't like a secret she had promised to keep, your theory just... doesn't make sense. And if she had that "dark side", I'd think that the writers would maybe hint at it in the game. Just saying.

That doesn’t prove anything at all. Carley still couldve decided to tell larry about Lee killing before the apocalypse after lee gives irene

• Vengeful noted that Larry does briefly glance up when Lee is talking Lilly at one point, where he mentions either his first name or the people who owned the pharmacy.
    Not entirely sure myself, but it'd make sense.

he may not have recognized him right away, you do know that right? how likely is that possibility? Remember saying they would’ve giv

• Warning the people around you that there’s a loose killer within your vicinity, even though you may have gotten off to a bad start with two of them, is having a “dark side” to you? I don’t think Larry wasn’t being irrational in that moment, he and Lilly were just frustrated that they were bringing more in. Is it because doing so would draw walker attention? Possibly.

There's nothing in the game to say that Carley did or didn't tell Larry about Lee. But from her actions in the game, she seems to genuinely

• That's exactly why they were frustrated. ]Larry was talking about throwing out Duck specifically because he was afraid he may have been bitten.

Warning the people around you that there’s a loose killer within your vicinity, even though you may have gotten off to a bad start with two

• Look, we all have our own beliefs, how about we just leave it at that and go back to roasting Walking Dead characters, yeah?? As much as I love to argue?, not everything has to turn into an argument. Especially not now

• No one's gonna drag you down, Jane. Your own weight's gonna do that for ya.

• Man the one time I ask for biting attacks and all I get from you people is reasonable arguments??

• ???

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Man the one time I ask for biting attacks and all I get from you people is reasonable arguments??

• Mark: Finally, a place where we don't have to worry about getting eaten by zombies
    gets eaten by people

• The way you have worded your post you are making what you say sound like it’s a fact as well and it’s not. We will never know for certain, however, the fact the game made Carley a likeable character to most people, we can assume she didn’t lie to Lee nor had any reason to. She said she would keep it to herself, why wouldn’t she? It also doesn’t make any sense why Carley would proceed to persuade Lee to tell the group about his past in episode 3. You’d think by her telling Larry previously, that she would have told everyone whilst Lee wasn’t around to witness it! Why would she tell the one guy who called her a bitch and was generally the biggest dickhead around to everybody? That is why what you say makes no sense to me. Sorry.

The game does not clarify either of our arguments anyway so there really is nothing else to say except that i disagree with you.

he may not have recognized him right away, you do know that right? how likely is that possibility? Remember saying they would’ve giv

• Thank you

There's nothing in the game to say that Carley did or didn't tell Larry about Lee. But from her actions in the game, she seems to genuinely

• Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
    edited May 2018

The game does not clarify either of our arguments anyway so there really is nothing else to say except that i disagree with you.

You know what, @dan290786 ? I can actually respect that. i'm being 100% honest with you. 0 bullshit.
    But check this out. See, there's this moment where Brenda tells the motor inn group that she's going to serve them a large dinner, which we later discover that dinner she served them to have been mark's legs, right? Now, had Mark not gotten himself shot by the Save-Lots bandits, what was Brenda going to serve the Motor Inn group? Clearly, the only logical answer would be that she wouldn't have served them anything, even though she told them she was going to cook up a big feast. But, based off of our earlier argument, I'm convinced you'd argue that she, in fact, would've had food to serve them lol. However, if I haven't already made it obvious enough, I think quite the opposite of that. If she did actually have any food, wouldn't she have served it to them, rather than cutting Mark's legs off? That right there is something I don't believe makes any sense at all, but I'd like to see you defend Brenda. Argue that she actually had food, that it wasn't Mark's legs, and that i'm wrong ??

Here's a picture of what was served at dinner. If i'm correct, the big feast she was talking about was mainly the meat that came from Mark's legs, unless you believe it was biscuits and the string peas. lol.

The way you have worded your post you are making what you say sound like it’s a fact as well and it’s not. We will never know for certain, h

• Wait a minute, on second thought, We don't see when Mark gets his legs chopped off because we weren't there when it happened. Holy shit, maybe, just maybe, the meat could've came from an evil deer the St. John's family had killed before the Motor Inn group got to the farm! And maybe......maybe Mark's legs just MAGICALLY disappeared, and Andrew put Mark in the hidden room so that his friends wouldn't freak out and suspect THE MEAT CAME FROM HIS LEGS! AND MARK TOLD THEM NOT TO EAT THE MEAT BECAUSE IT WAS EVIL MEAT :o :o :o !!!

• What has any of that got to do with Carley revealing Lee’s secret??? Lol you go from one topic to the next ?

As for your question about the St John’s, no i wouldn’t argue with you there incidentally, it was obvious they had no food (not counting the biscuits) which is why the bandits attacked the dairy, shooting Mark in the process. I think if Mark hadn’t been shot they would have perhaps shown their true colours much earlier, invited them all in and then held them hostage and maybe choosing someone at random to cut up and eat.

The game does not clarify either of our arguments anyway so there really is nothing else to say except that i disagree with you. You

• What has any of that got to do with Carley revealing Lee’s secret??? Lol you go from one topic to the next ?

Yeah well I did acknowledged the fact that you disagree with me, and said " but check this out" so....yeah I kinda moved on lol

What has any of that got to do with Carley revealing Lee’s secret??? Lol you go from one topic to the next ? As for your question about t

• What IS that shit on Andy's plate and Danny's(?) plate?

The game does not clarify either of our arguments anyway so there really is nothing else to say except that i disagree with you. You

• Did you know about the different arrow color and direction from the ones the Bandits were shooting?

What has any of that got to do with Carley revealing Lee’s secret??? Lol you go from one topic to the next ? As for your question about t

• Filleted leg chops I guess? lol

What IS that shit on Andy's plate and Danny's(?) plate?

• Ah ok no problem

What has any of that got to do with Carley revealing Lee’s secret??? Lol you go from one topic to the next ? Yeah well I did acknowledged the fact that you disagree with me, and said " but check this out" so....yeah I kinda moved on lol

Sign in to comment in this discussion.