FALLOUT 76

Comments

• Reference to the 76ers. Guess that means it's gonna be Philadelphia this time.

• The 76 isnt gonna be a reference to a real world basketball team, the song is more likely a better reference that its going to take place in Virgina or West Virgina.

patrickrc95 posted: »

Reference to the 76ers. Guess that means it's gonna be Philadelphia this time.

• Maybe. That's the other option.

Poogers555 posted: »

The 76 isnt gonna be a reference to a real world basketball team, the song is more likely a better reference that its going to take place in Virgina or West Virgina.

• West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River.....such a lovely place.

I think Vault 76 will have to do with The Greenbrier resort. In the real world, there was a huge Cold War bunker for Congress there, hidden underneath the luxury hotel. In West Virginia/western Virginia, there is a ton of other stuff like that, like Mount Weather. Fallout 3 sorted hinted at these? My memory is fuzzy.

Of course, I'm basically pulling that out of air. I only know that the Greenbrier and its association with West Virginia because I live in Northern Virginia and it is close enough (incidentally, Metro in Fallout 3 is very inaccurate, at least in my opinion).

• I watched the trailer earlier. Heard Country Roads playing and thought it was neat. Got mostly through it when it clicked in my head that it may indicate the game being set in West Virginia. Came loads.

If it's West Virginia, I will buy this game even in a financially unwise decision. My yellow and blue blood beckons it. Explore the hills of Appalachia, fight mutated coyotes, die of radiation poison from the Guyandotte as oppossed to dying of infection from the Guyandotte. If they set it in West Virginia and there isn't at least one inbred family that doesn't wear fucking shoes, I'll be amazed. Take me Mountain Momma, my body is ready. Lets eat some golden delicious apples, and throw down with giant red cardinals. Let me have this!

• Being the Fallout fan that I am, I'm curious of Bethesda's newest entry.

• Same. I wanna know what's up with Starfield, and if its coming out this year or the next. Most likely the latter though. It's been said that it'll be something of an outer space version of Fallout.

MaconMajr posted: »

Being the Fallout fan that I am, I'm curious of Bethesda's newest entry.

• I wish bethesda would put Vault 69 in a Fallout game for comedic purposes. 999 women and 1 male vault dweller. Vault 68 being the opposite 999 men and 1 woman.

• I heard that Fallout 76 is going to be a multiplayer game but I strongly doubt it'll be like The Elder Scrolls Online. Instead, I believe that Fallout 76 will have people play the game alone or with a few friends similar to Fry Cry or Borderlands. I hope that all players get to play with their customized characters rather than selecting a character. Fallout is one of my favorite games and would hate for it to be ruined by spoiled players crying that you got the better loot and want to trade items every five seconds because they want the armor, weapon, or healing item you picked up. We all know Fallout 4 had amazing sales when it was released so expect many players who do not know how to play Roleplaying Games and will play through this game like a Call of Duty or Battlefield game if it is a multiplayer only game, again I highly doubt it though. Let me know how you guys feel about Fallout 76. :smiley:

• I just hope they have drop in drop out MP. Most of my friends don't play fallout or we play at different times due to work. So here's hoping for matchmaking.

• It would be funny to learn the circumstances surrounding those two vaults because you can just be certain they didn't end up like the way they sounded. I mean whose to say that guy in Vault 69 survives to get into the vault before hundreds of jealous men kill him, or that he wouldn't do something to tick some of the ladies off so they decide an all ladies vault is better? (Or he turns out to be gay.)

Not to mention the fact that he would need to decide if having a virtually all pregnant women society within the first nine months is going to make a productive vault, or be fearful of the inevitable point his male kids go all Oedipus'y and kill him...

I wish bethesda would put Vault 69 in a Fallout game for comedic purposes. 999 women and 1 male vault dweller. Vault 68 being the opposite 999 men and 1 woman.

• edited June 2018

The man and woman probably ended up dead in both scenario's lol. Like they need to have children for the vault to survive hundreds of years so the 1 guy and the 1 woman would end up being treated like a resource. Like Vault 69 could of had a better chance of survival but in 68 the woman would of only be able to have one baby every 6 to 9 months plus with every pregnancy there is risk of her dying in child birth or getting the wrong gender needed for the vaults survival.

69 wouldn't have the slow pregnancy problem but the problem of babies being so closely genetically linked is a major problem which could cause defects and irregularities in new born's. I can imagine there being some scary drastic measures of culling people of a certain gender if a new born child was of the wrong gender needed. Plus the vaults could of fractured into groups or lotteries of who gets the right to have a child haha...

The brief comic art gives me the impression the women went insane in Vault 69 anyway would love to discover this vault and listen to audio logs though.

It would be funny to learn the circumstances surrounding those two vaults because you can just be certain they didn't end up like the way th

• Interesting conference, but I'm worried about the trolling that will obviously be present.

• Wait... the only way to play it is... multiplayer?? ONLINE!?!?

• Well he said solo too

Kaelthas posted: »

Wait... the only way to play it is... multiplayer?? ONLINE!?!?

• yep it's online only. But you can play by yourself.

Wait... the only way to play it is... multiplayer?? ONLINE!?!?

• So they are not only using graphics from a 2015 game (Which means the lips sync will be the same), but they are also going to make all the quests MMORPG like, because otherwhise there would be no way to make side quests for a multiplayer game, and we can forget about having a main story with different endings and we being the hero because it has to be shared. Goddamn it.

MosesARose posted: »

yep it's online only. But you can play by yourself.

• Hey at least they announced The Elder Scrolls 6.

Not sure if i'll still be alive to play the game when it came out but it's still cool.

So they are not only using graphics from a 2015 game (Which means the lips sync will be the same), but they are also going to make all the q

• Yeah, and thanks god it isn't in Valenwood as everyone has been pushing it to be for like, 6 years. I wonder if they will do a voiced protagonist like in FO4.

iFoRias posted: »

Hey at least they announced The Elder Scrolls 6. Not sure if i'll still be alive to play the game when it came out but it's still cool.

• I’m so looking forward for the nukes, they’re gonna be soooo much fun ?

• Im hoping for more details about this soon. One thing about 76 that I found disappointing was "solo" not "offline."

I just would much rather play the game completely single player if I chose to do so. The multiplayer looks fun, but isnt what Id see my self getting invested in, I see that more as a "I finished the game, now heres a cool mode to keep me playing even longer," not the core.

Just a little worried and disappointed they didnt explain things like how quest will work. Will they feel bare-boned because of this new core mechanic? Things like companions returning? I can go on and on, but the thought of multiplayer being the focus is pretty worrisome, this can easily be a flop. (which sucks because this game looks like it would be way better if it was just standard single player)

• What did you think about the nuke launch site? ??

Im hoping for more details about this soon. One thing about 76 that I found disappointing was "solo" not "offline." I just would much rat

• Confused on how there can be a dynamic world in a multiplayer game on this scale. Blow something up, but then when you're done playing, what happens? Does the game know which "world is yours" or does it just reset. For an RPG it feels weird as if everything you do wont have any impact like other games have. To me kinda shows my main worries of a lot of stuff feeling more bare boned.

Melton23 posted: »

What did you think about the nuke launch site? ??

• I think it’ll be like gta online, if you leave your current session then the nuclear fallout will remain but not follow you into the next game, which is what I’m assuming will happen, the only logical choice really

Confused on how there can be a dynamic world in a multiplayer game on this scale. Blow something up, but then when you're done playing, what

• Same, but I find that to be kinda disappointing and can already see plenty of issues. For one Bethesda games have always been about how what you do changes the world, so seeing that we can "apprently" blow up any spot on the map, seems kinda cheap that now you can just leave, and when you start a new session its like your mark is gone. (also for that matter I wonder how building will work, considering you can "build" anywhere. does that just get reset to, or is that remembered? What if you load into a session and someones base is where your base is, do they just plop over? What if you built in an area that was nuked but now that nuked area has been "reset") Also I can already see annoyances of things like trying to complete a quest but someone nukes the area you were suppose to go to, so now you find a new session, and general issues like annoying players and cheating.

I think it’ll be like gta online, if you leave your current session then the nuclear fallout will remain but not follow you into the next game, which is what I’m assuming will happen, the only logical choice really

• Yeah, but what if you nuke literally every spot? Your world would then be marked for good and you’d have to put up with rads constantly, like the entire map was the glowing sea. And I THINK that you can save buildings once you have finished them and you can just place them back down when you join the next session, someone correct me if I’m wrong but I think I heard something like that mentioned, if it wasn’t then that could possibly be the route.

I think the whole nuke thing could be a lot of fun personally.

Same, but I find that to be kinda disappointing and can already see plenty of issues. For one Bethesda games have always been about how what

• Oh yeah I have no issue with the whole nuking thing, I think my main issue with it is like I said, everything will probably reset. Seems weird it is "always online" because it feels like the best way for this to work is you load into your world, and then people can join yours, but the conference seemed to act like you are always placed into a server, so theres a confusion of is there like a "host world" or something.

Another issue is griefing, if your world is saved I dont think anyone wants someone coming in and just nuking a random area. Also I dont think they said you can "rebuild nuked areas" because they are just more "unique."

Yeah, but what if you nuke literally every spot? Your world would then be marked for good and you’d have to put up with rads constantly, lik

• Every second I watched that smug little shit present yet another battle royal it kept every finer of my being from wanting to jump through my phone and strangle this talentless little elf prick. R.I.P Fallout, killed by this shitty gaming generation. I hate you, Todd Howard

• edited June 2018

I think nukes will be hard to come by though, similar to gta online’s orbital cannon, it can’t be used to grief cos it costs 750k to use, so I’m assuming that the launch codes will be extremely rare to collect (you’ll most like,y be able to keep them across sessions though). I mean they made it sound like it wasn’t one server, but that begs the question (if there are only dozens of people in a single game, how do you hook up with your friends if it is full or something? How do you join them? Where does everyone else end up?) So it’ll most likely take place in multiple servers.

Oh yeah I have no issue with the whole nuking thing, I think my main issue with it is like I said, everything will probably reset. Seems wei

• "I think it’ll be like gta online"

You say that like it's a good thing

I think it’ll be like gta online, if you leave your current session then the nuclear fallout will remain but not follow you into the next game, which is what I’m assuming will happen, the only logical choice really

• Lol I don’t mean that regarding players ? god no, that’d be awful, I mean like in terms of how you join sessions and how sessions are set out

Clemenem posted: »

"I think it’ll be like gta online" You say that like it's a good thing

• I sure hope not. I think bethesda games work far better without voice. People seem to agree which makes me rather happy.

Yeah, and thanks god it isn't in Valenwood as everyone has been pushing it to be for like, 6 years. I wonder if they will do a voiced protagonist like in FO4.

• Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
    edited June 2018

The Grafton monster, that weird mirelurk looking bug with the glowing eyes, the scorchbeast, and all the other creatures look amazing. I can't wait to learn more about them

Edit: It was brought to my attention that there will be no NPCs in the game. That, I don't like. They are what also make Fallout so good imo.

• Yeah, it occurs to me that will mean that as with Anthem there isn't likely to be romance options between characters (unless I suppose the players themselves choose to do so?). Which is a shame as I felt Fallout 4 handled romance very well with the companions - Piper, Cait and Curie are all lovely ladies - whilst not forcing them on the player.

• I live in West Virginia. Whenever I go on Facebook all of my friends, even the ones that don't really play video games, are posting shit about Fallout 76. Everyone is so happy to have a piece of media that isn't derogatory centering around the state.

• What could be said about WV that's derogatory?

I live in West Virginia. Whenever I go on Facebook all of my friends, even the ones that don't really play video games, are posting shit about Fallout 76. Everyone is so happy to have a piece of media that isn't derogatory centering around the state.

• My man/girl/whatever, almost anytime a well-known media piece so much as passes through West Virginia, they don't exactly portray the people here in a very good light. There's always some dumbfuck hillbilly missing a few teeth, probably sporting a mullet and wearing overalls. They aren't wearing shoes and is implied to be sleeping with their cousin. If there isn't at least one such characture in this game, or at least a note on a computer or something implying such a characture, I'll be thoroughly surprised.

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

What could be said about WV that's derogatory?

• Almost heaven...

• Was thinking more deeply about this game and I thought “fuck it, I’m bringing melton’s market back” (melton’s market was a huge shopping centre I built in fallout 4) so I’m gonna be a merchant in this game, making an honest living. Fuck with ma merch tho, and ima blow yer head off

• I think it was an article on IGN or Gamespot where Howard or someone described the world sort of being like Destinys open world, where you'll have smallish servers and a cap on how many people are in one place. I guess like GTAs without the manual server jumping, people will phase in and out as you play unless you're directly in a group or party or whatever with them.

I dunno how to feel about the game, supposedly there's systems in place to keep it from devolving into a pew pew shark card nuke that's the horrible experience nearly every public GTA lobby is, but this could easily devolve into the typical shoot on sight these things tend to end up as. I'm interested in hearing more.

Lol I don’t mean that regarding players ? god no, that’d be awful, I mean like in terms of how you join sessions and how sessions are set out

Sign in to comment in this discussion.