Stranger Things - A Telltale Series (WHAT IS THIS?!?)

13»

Comments

• Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
    edited June 2018

I wonder who they'll make us play as. Maybe for each episode we play a different kid?

• edited June 2018

Makes me happy knowing It people are still hopeful

After the GOT final season comes out... hopefully...

• Oh my gosh! I am so hyped for this! I wonder what character you will play as?

• Details from slightly newer article:
    Netflix to bring Story Mode to service - but not traditional games

Update: Netflix has provided the following points of clarification on the story
    "1. We can confirm Minecraft: Story Mode is a licensed 5-episode interactive narrative series coming to our service this fall. It's an extension of our other interactive stories we have on our service like Stretch Armstrong: The Breakout, Puss in Book: Trapped in an Epic Tale and Buddy Thunderstruck: The Maybe Pile.
    2. The Stranger Things project is being published by Telltale at a later date, not on the Netflix service. It's part of our marketing and title promotion efforts.
    3. We don’t have any plans to get into gaming. There’s a broad spectrum of entertainment available today. Games have become increasingly cinematic, but we view this as interactive narrative storytelling on our service."

Netflix and Telltale Games have entered into a deal that will bring simple game experiences to the streaming service. Netflix has confirmed that a streamable version Telltale’s Minecraft: Story Mode that will offer an adapted version of the Telltale Games original.

• I’ve played the Puss in Boots one before and it was fun, especially if you followed the show since there were lots of in-jokes, if a bit limited in terms of outcomes (there’s a amusing ‘bad’ ending and the canon ending). Curious having played the game to see how the adaptation of Minecraft S1 will be. I assume it’ll just be the Wither Storm arc rather than the Gateway arc as well...

• So wait this Netflix deal...it is like Supershow's ghost . I am hyped for a good journey in the Upside Down...

• I got into Telltale late 2014. I think that's when they ran with Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead S2. Then followed that in 2015 with Tales and GOT. Aside from GOT, I think this was probably peak Telltale, and that comes from someone who still enjoys every single game to some extent that came after. I agree, two games a year feels right.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

Hoping they keep this two games a year schedule going. Batman and The Walking Dead this year, Wolf Among Us and Stranger Things next year, h

• that actually sounds interesting and innovative. too bad.

lupinb0y posted: »

We knew some of the details about how it was supposed to work (choices made in the game would somehow affect the television show) but not what it was about or anything else since the announcement.

• As a big fan of Stranger Things, I'm super duper excited. I feel like this show works really well for Telltale format. I think they'll just use the setting for completely different characters and plot - as someone mentioned before, we could find out about other gifted children or maybe the history of Upside Down. I know that there's a book based on Stranger Things coming out soon and it tells about Terry's past - so what's the problem with the game? i'm sure Telltale will come up with something original and intriguing. They're capable of that.

Don't get me wrong, sequels are great, but the latest IPs were mediocre so Telltale needs come creative boost, especially considering that TWD is basically done. Count me in. I'm jumping on the hype train!

• Call me when they finally make Thrones 2 like they promised two and a half damn years ago.

• edited June 2018

I could see some potential with this, Stranger Things is certainly a property that totally works with Telltale’s format. Lots of character dynamics, over arching plot that spans a whole season, and lots of twists as well as cliffhangers. I very much hope TT go with an original story with new characters and a relatively new threat from the Upside Down to differentiate themselves from the show. It would be fine if they included a few TV cameos like Telltale’s GoT and maybe a couple of callbacks. I do hope they have the Duffer Bros. and Shawn Levy as story consultants.

It’s still disappointing and still rather strange that the Telltale “original IP” doesn’t appear to be on the horizon and I think that project might be more interesting compared to Stranger Things.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.