Telltale, please unfuck Bigby's face. [Mod Edit: Not a legitimate/real leak]

2»

Comments

• edited July 2018

Well, this was fun, albeit time-waste-y now and unnecessarily worrisome.

Now to wait until we get some real Wolf news... [siiiigh]

• excuuse me

ya memed too late ya goof

• Yea. I don't think this version is final anyway, considering TWAU is literally like a Year Away.

• Well thank god it turned out this isn't what we should expect from Season 2.

Now I want to know what was going on over at Funlabs though. Why were they even bothering to make something like this if it seems its not related to Telltale in anyway?

bruzdaa posted: »

Hmmm...

• Well that was a close one.

• I would honestly not be that surprised if these screenshots were taken from some sort of official prototype/internal demo that the people from Funlabs at least took part in making, whether it be for Wolf S2 or for it to simply serve as like a tech demo of sorts and not reflective of what S2 looks like right now or what they're aiming for. The negative reaction to them when they showed up online probably sent Telltale into panic mode, leading them to say it's fanmade. Apparently Telltale is one of Funlabs' biggest contractor right now, so it doesn't make much sense to me that they'd make some TWAU demo just for shits and giggles. At most maybe a pitch that got rejected maybe? It's very likely these screenshots were never actually meant to be shown to the public and at most might've been used internally, but either someone didn't get the memo, or maybe this could've been an intentional screwup by a disgruntled employee.

Poogers555 posted: »

Well thank god it turned out this isn't what we should expect from Season 2. Now I want to know what was going on over at Funlabs though. Why were they even bothering to make something like this if it seems its not related to Telltale in anyway?

• Was thinking the same. Companies dont just make something like this, especially for a property they dont own, but a company they worked with in the past does, for no reason. Im guessing somewhere there had to be some kind of interaction between Telltale and Funlabs involved Wolf S2.

MichaelBP posted: »

I would honestly not be that surprised if these screenshots were taken from some sort of official prototype/internal demo that the people fr

• Uh, define better? :lol:

Also, that stupid eyepatch and random chain-thing is still pathetic.

... That's a good point! And in Kenny's case, it only got better if you shave off the beard.

• "Unless it can perfectly emulate Season 1, it'll never be good."
    ~Old man dan

bruzdaa posted: »

Hmmm...

• edited July 2018

Exactly, they must've working with Telltale, even if it was at least for some support in its earlier stages of development.
    Maybe Funlabs helped set Telltale up with the Unity Engine? Maybe at least the environment assets were created by Telltale themselves for the Telltale Tool before Funlabs helped them by porting what they had made to Unity? So this could've basically been a test to see how everything would look in a quick port job to Unity?
    It'd be similar to how for Life Is Strange Before the Storm D9 ported the majority of S1's assets (character models, textures, objects, environments, etc) from the Unreal Engine 3 to Unity, I think? At least the majority of them sure as hell looked identical between S1 & BtS, and I'm pretty sure I read something last year about a goof related to the street Chloe's house is located that would've gone unnoticed in S1 due to the player only ever exploring either the interior or the backyard of the house.
    Besides that, things like the detail in the environment, the posters on the wall, the menu etc, look like the least early placeholder looking things to me? At least I don't think they were in S1, then again I may be wrong as it's been ages since I last played it.
    That does leave the question of Bigby looking like someone beat him in the face with a shovel and had some of his fingers broken. It could just be a placeholder model they used to simply have a new Bigby model walk around and interact with the test environment this scene took place in.

EDIT: And then there's stuff like this

Was thinking the same. Companies dont just make something like this, especially for a property they dont own, but a company they worked with

• Better because you can now truly appreciate Kenny's smile as he stares into your soul with his lifeless eye of course! :D
    No objections from me, they're pretty awful imo.

Oh, now that I think about it, Kenny and Jane looking as if they're bootleg versions of themselves in ANF reminds me of that Bugs Bunny cartoon with the weird bootleg looking versions of Bugs, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd.

DabigRG posted: »

Uh, define better? Also, that stupid eyepatch and random chain-thing is still pathetic.

• Yeah exactly this. Whatever this "was" it probably was known by Telltale. Who knows if it actually stopped even. (Although I am assuming it did stop, and Funlabs decided to post these pics up because it wouldnt be official anymore, I doubt they would just accidentally upload those) I guess time will tell, but Im guessing Telltale saw that no one one was digging this look and decided it would be best to just say they never saw it ever due to the backlash, than to start saying things about it being actual testing.

Exactly, they must've working with Telltale, even if it was at least for some support in its earlier stages of development. Maybe Funlabs h

• edited August 2018

Hi everyone I just saw this thread but I want you guys to know that the pictures are fake and TellTale has said in another post that the pictures are not theirs.

• Hey, this guy is from my country. Ce tare! (That's awesome)

Exactly, they must've working with Telltale, even if it was at least for some support in its earlier stages of development. Maybe Funlabs h

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

ITT:

Yeah exactly this. Whatever this "was" it probably was known by Telltale. Who knows if it actually stopped even. (Although I am assuming it

• (yo poptarts, im not saying that whenever you guys start teasing Wolf s2, one of the first things you should do is show off Bigby's look in S2, but that should probably be one of the first things you do...you didnt hear this from me tho...)

ITT:

• Yes I agree showing off the Bigby model would be best and reassure some of the people who worried about how Bigby and some of the character models will look.

(yo poptarts, im not saying that whenever you guys start teasing Wolf s2, one of the first things you should do is show off Bigby's look in S2, but that should probably be one of the first things you do...you didnt hear this from me tho...)

• Well, that could happen, or it could make fans go into a frenzy.

"No! His cheekbones are imperfect! KILL!! KILL!!!"

Yes I agree showing off the Bigby model would be best and reassure some of the people who worried about how Bigby and some of the character models will look.

• edited December 2018

EDIT: Oh shit, I thought this was only in Wolf's section.

AronDracula posted: »

Why are so many things becoming something else?

• looks like larry cosplaying as bigby

Sign in to comment in this discussion.