What are your thoughts on review scores so far?

Reviews have started to come out. Personally I think they're low. I feel ep1 will be good.

Comments

• Personally I think they're low.

read more reviews then the terrible IGN one.

• Id trust Jim Sterling more on a review.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Personally I think they're low. read more reviews then the terrible IGN one.

• edited August 2018

IGN is full of paid shills, they rarely give anything a fair review outside of FPS titles.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Personally I think they're low. read more reviews then the terrible IGN one.

• They're pretty consistent except the one from ign. A lot of 8 to 9s. Seems good.

• IGN are a disgrace to the gaming community, all they have done is give us bad reviews.

IGN is full of paid shills, they rarely give anything a fair review outside of FPS titles.

• paid reviews.. except ign one

• What was the rating for IGN I don’t want to check because I don’t want to get spoiled

• I thought a 6,5

ClassyNedT posted: »

What was the rating for IGN I don’t want to check because I don’t want to get spoiled

• don't listen to reviews,i thought it was pretty good,and had a lot of exploring moments what players asked for aswell as shocking scary moments,very good first ep TT

• Well other than IGN and Game informer its been very positive, and even those reviews weren't BAD, just kinda meh
    It doesn't sound like this episode is gonna convince every naysayer, put Telltale back on the map, and win a million game of the year awards but to most it's gonna be a really solid episode, building up the characters well, getting the plot pieces moving and making us care about the decisions we make and are going to make in the future

• To be honest Game Informer rarely gave Telltale Games a score higher than 8. They're just not fans of this type of games, I guess.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

Well other than IGN and Game informer its been very positive, and even those reviews weren't BAD, just kinda meh It doesn't sound like this

• It's been hinted that it's a episode for building relationships with characters.

Well other than IGN and Game informer its been very positive, and even those reviews weren't BAD, just kinda meh It doesn't sound like this

• Honestly I haven't watched it yet, I'm just summing up what the review consensus seems to be.
    But I mean who knows? ANF ep 1 got solid reviews and people hated it, Detroit only got ok reviews and people absolutely love it, so it still could go either way

Craixite posted: »

It's been hinted that it's a episode for building relationships with characters.

• I haven't ever looked at Walking Dead reviews because I already know they will ruin my impressions of it with their biased but have looked at Batman reviews before. These corperate shills are not fans of the point and click genre which is evident and they loathe telltale games for reasons unknown. They try to hide it to not offend the die hard fan base but they really just trash any episode from any series with 6s and 7s. Episodes that should garner a 10 usually get an 8. It's beyond laughable at this point.

The nerve of a company who pladgerizes their own reviews and editorials, a company paid off by devs to give biased reviews, a company with more skelentons in their closet than a damn halloween store. I would take a review from a talking gorilla performing sign language before i'd take one from IGN. Kindly F*** IGN,

I'll go by Steam reviews which are fairly accurate most of the time and you folks here on any Walking Dead news and reviews. The fans know the series more than suit and tie yes men. and if any company said the game was bad, it's most likely amazing lol.

• To a extent it's a reviewers job to be nick picky about the game. The length gives me hope.

Honestly I haven't watched it yet, I'm just summing up what the review consensus seems to be. But I mean who knows? ANF ep 1 got solid revi

• Yeah Steam is definetely going to be a more accurate showing of how the public is feeling about TFS

ZombieKenny posted: »

I haven't ever looked at Walking Dead reviews because I already know they will ruin my impressions of it with their biased but have looked a

• It's a good first episode. There's limited exploration admittedly, still, but we got a few moments and that's LEAGUES better than TFS. But we need a bit more like Season 1. I'll give it time. But mainly I'd like if we stop examining things without dialogue. Jokes. Levity. Like Lee and his Tea Pot. It works. Clem is funny.

Good plot, good options, good setting, great cinematics, give or take gameplay, and fun characters. Needs just a bit more polish, but good stuff.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.