IGN's review is BS (SPOILER FREE)

I just want to talk about it here after I saw the IGN's review and have played it once. Don't trust IGN's review, the first episode has a really good story...

It takes about ~2.5 hours to complete depending on how you play, this is obviously a story-telling game so there's no need to rush. I only played it once so I wouldn't know whether there will be branching stories or not but even without that (considering the classic Telltale's 'illusion of choices') the story is really good for a $5 episode (out of total $20).

I don't know why the hell they gave it 6.5/10 as it should be at least 7.5 and personally I will give it 8.5/10. "Meandering conversations and exposition make this first episode a slow, dull build." - IGN, WHAT? It's not fair as this is basically what I want, getting to know people just like Lee's did in the first season (which they gave 9.3/10), I even want it to be slower :/

P.S. Oh, I also like collectables, Telltale should add more of it in the next episodes...

Tagged:

Comments

• edited August 2018

IGN Is Very Fake News! I mean I laughed when they claim they are official gaming news. I mean they fired their own damn reviewer over what he did like the same reviewer did on YouTube. Like Shut Up IGN. Like when has IGN done right for Telltale these days? They went after Telltale over Batman The Enemy Within ep 2 and gave a bad rating. Like come on! This ep of The Walking Dead Final Season a lot.

• I stopped taking IGN seriously when they reviewed my favorite game series Kingdom Hearts. They called a beloved character unnecessary, butchered most names and complained about how easy it is while playing beginner difficulty. They're not reliable.

• They got some guy who had to go through like 8 games in one day to do it, probably played s1 and that's it, and he comes in here hoping to get the game done fast so he can review it and doesn't take in the narrative

• complained about how easy it is while playing beginner difficulty.

Wow that's shameful. Too bad that they've done the exact same thing, but reversed for Alien Isolation. The reviewer complained the game was too hard, even though he said he played it on the hardest difficulty (which the game does suggest but... Don't listen to the game.)

I know that they also seemed to play the game as a shooter (rather than a survival/resource game) showing off many times in the review trying to kill or scare off the alien with tons of bullets, but that's never supposed to work.

prink34320 posted: »

I stopped taking IGN seriously when they reviewed my favorite game series Kingdom Hearts. They called a beloved character unnecessary, butchered most names and complained about how easy it is while playing beginner difficulty. They're not reliable.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.