I really think everyone Should have/Should be Determinant. [EPISODE 1 SPOILERS]

First off let me just say that the 1st episode was great and I can't wait for episode 2, but as for the topic I think that Marlon,Brody, and everyone else in the future should be Determinant, it would tell a better story for the player imo if they had a direct/indirect involvement in how every kid survives/dies in the story. Maybe you were able to talk Marlon down in the basement so he doesn't kill Brody, but she still tells everyone so the confrontment still happens and there is you can't call him down, he shoots Brody and if you do Brody lives, but AJ still might shoot Marlon based on the choices made earlier (kill the walkers, Fight Abel, and a 3rd choice they would of had to make for a tie breaker). That way it would really feel like your story and the choices you tell AJ could really change your story.

I do have a feeling that all the minor kids (everyone except Violet, Louis, and hopefully Rosie lol) will be Determinant just based off of the end screen for episode 1, but I still feel like they could have had this 1st episode have a little more freedom as far as the story goes.

Tagged:

Comments

• Yeah i went out of my way to teach AJ that violence should never be your first responce to a problem but then BAM doesn't matter Marlon is dead anyway
    Just honestly makes me really feel like nothing I do matters, as great as that ending was (I'm getting Life Is Strange ep 5 flashbacks)

• I genuinely hope they pull off a mike, but on a much larger scale where they give you the option to save both Brody and Marlon instead of killing them...like mike. Wishful thinking?

• Yeah and also get to know people better. Half the characters are just throwaways right now.

• Maybe later but its too early for determinant characters right now, they booth kinda needed to die so we know nothing about the new group

• That would fuck the storytelling up even further than it has been in the past. So no.

• Yeah, see, the thing about that though is that I kinda feel like we could've had at least one of them around for some degree of buildup to the raiders in the next episode, as well as having them potentially react to whatever became of the twins.

Hell, having a blind Brody around loosely leading the group would've been interesting in and of itself.

Maybe later but its too early for determinant characters right now, they booth kinda needed to die so we know nothing about the new group

• If one of them had stayed alive, then we would've found out all the details about the trade. Now its left more as a mystery.

DabigRG posted: »

Yeah, see, the thing about that though is that I kinda feel like we could've had at least one of them around for some degree of buildup to t

• This is technically the first pilot twd episode to not have a determinant character. Personally I think that’s a good thing tho.

• s2 episode 1 had no determinate characters. Pete dies either way. Or am I wrong.

This is technically the first pilot twd episode to not have a determinant character. Personally I think that’s a good thing tho.

• That would be good in theory, but the execution is another thing. Seeing how telltale handled a near entire determinant cast in AND, I have reservations about a repeat this season.

• I'd be all with you if it wasn't for Telltale's history. "Determinant" just means "dies later anyway" the way they write.

• He can either die in episode one if you go with Nick or in the beginning of episode two so technically he was determinant.

Shurikane posted: »

s2 episode 1 had no determinate characters. Pete dies either way. Or am I wrong.

• Ah, that's right.

He can either die in episode one if you go with Nick or in the beginning of episode two so technically he was determinant.

• Welp, we are all gonna die anyway so our stories do not matter either :#

Nikolaj-11 posted: »

I'd be all with you if it wasn't for Telltale's history. "Determinant" just means "dies later anyway" the way they write.

• Well they don't have to worry about writing anymore stories for these characters after the season so this is the best chance for determinants to have a story and actually be useful

Nikolaj-11 posted: »

I'd be all with you if it wasn't for Telltale's history. "Determinant" just means "dies later anyway" the way they write.

• Until the next episode, where Sophie, Mirneva, and/or one of the significant raiders from around that time explain to give us a better idea beyond Brody's rushed out, incomplete account.

If one of them had stayed alive, then we would've found out all the details about the trade. Now its left more as a mystery.

• Holy crap, run to the details thread!

This is technically the first pilot twd episode to not have a determinant character. Personally I think that’s a good thing tho.

• True, highly likely

DabigRG posted: »

Until the next episode, where Sophie, Mirneva, and/or one of the significant raiders from around that time explain to give us a better idea beyond Brody's rushed out, incomplete account.

• That's the truth though when the context is a game with 4 tiny episodes.

famaouz posted: »

Welp, we are all gonna die anyway so our stories do not matter either

Sign in to comment in this discussion.