About AJ and why his acting is NORMAL.

2»

Comments

• Most here don't see AJ as a boy. They see him as a man, because he's black. The only reason they didn't see Clem as a woman in season 1 or 2 is because she is light skinned. They act like she's not black when she's just as black as AJ DNA wise. Look at the picture of Clem's mom and dad in season one. The developers also said Clem is black. but people hate that shew black because they don't want too hate Clem.

• edited August 2018

I agree with the OP. Honestly I was never a fan of AJ in season 2. In his little lava baby form he couldn't do anything but cry which is not what you want in a zombie apolcypse where zombies/walkers/monsters are attracted to sound. That's a sure fire way to end up dead. (Somehow he managed to survive though.) We also never had the option to let someone else i.e. ANY of the adults in our group to take care of him. (Which I would have done with no hesitation had it been an option but no wherever Clem goes, AJ goes too.)

Now he's a bit older and he has his own personality - I like him.
    True, AJ is certainly no angel but I think it's perfectly rational for AJ to behave this way. Like the OP says;- he's only ever been with Clem, meaning that if something was behind him (and it was not Clem) it was a potential threat. Best to be safe than sorry!
    He's also had no expreience of life before the apocalypse and never had to share things or show manners before so this is all new to him. Also even in the real non-apolcypse world, kids always fall out over toys/not getting what they want. It's natural behaviour for them and I fully believe Tenn will play a big part in some of AJs life lessons in the next few episodes. Also as Veee pointed out, there are several examples in the very first episode showing AJ listens to Clem. His decision at the end of the episode may have been rash, but it was with good intentions. He saw a threat and he eliminated it.

• LaFlameSaurusLaFlameSaurus Banned
    edited August 2018

bruh what?

people hate that shew black because they don't want too hate Clem

ssssss

goku200 posted: »

Most here don't see AJ as a boy. They see him as a man, because he's black. The only reason they didn't see Clem as a woman in season 1 or 2

• I think for the most part people were probably expecting clementine 2.0 or something. But that's what I find so interesting about Aj is because it's such a parrel of both their lives. Clementine for instance was born before the apocalypse and was able to experience the world before it went to shit. Aj was literally born into the apocalypse so it's interesting to see things from his perspective of a child growing up in such an environment and I can't wait to see more of him and how he develops as a character.

edited August 2018

but "He saw a threat and he eliminated it" doesnt really make sense,idk about anyone else but when i played that scene Marlon dropped his gun long enough bfore AJ shot him to make it obvious he wasnt threat anymore,even for a kid,if u see that the dude aint fightin no more,do u think,ok lemme just wait a bit and then shoot him? :D ,its not like he was still screamin or sum shit to make him fear for Clems life,he even started crying and shit so wtf

I agree with the OP. Honestly I was never a fan of AJ in season 2. In his little lava baby form he couldn't do anything but cry which is not

• He's still receiving an ass woopin

• damn straight

Jayroen posted: »

He's still receiving an ass woopin

• Marlon did say "We would be all better off if I just pull this trigger", I guess atleast at that point AJ decided that he would kill Marvin ;) the first chance he gets.

• WTF? I love AJ and I disagree with the people who dislike him but none of their comments claim that him being black is the reason they dislike him. I don't know where you got that from.

Most here don't see AJ as a boy. They see him as a man, because he's black. The only reason they didn't see Clem as a woman in season 1 or 2

• to be fair, marlon deserved that nut shot. he's a prick.

• I was a little surprised Clem didn't knee his crotch while wrestling him for the gun, she still kicked his ass tho

to be fair, marlon deserved that nut shot. he's a prick.

• Some people act like AJ is a thirty year old man doing these things, he's what? around six? It's kind of funny watching all these people hate on a child. When you take a step back and take everything into consideration, AJ's actions are not surprising, actually quite understandable.

• I chose to use my words because I wanted to win over my future serv- friends

I was a little surprised Clem didn't knee his crotch while wrestling him for the gun, she still kicked his ass tho

• not that understandable,i dont care if hes 2 or 100,when i played the scene,that guy dropped the gun and started crying like a bitch for 45 years before aj decided to shoot him,so those people are right to hate on his ass

UntilDawna posted: »

Some people act like AJ is a thirty year old man doing these things, he's what? around six? It's kind of funny watching all these people hat

edited August 2018

also if we stop for a bit,no jokes,and do one of those analysis type stuff with big words not even the dictionary knows,its quite obvious that Marlon wasnt an evil guy,not defendin his ass for what he did but he also didnt really deserve to b killed by aj like that,bruh :D

• Funny thing is, had Clem actually kicked him in the junk he wouldn't have gotten up again and he'd probably still be alive right now, how's that for a determinate choice lol

CapnJay posted: »

I chose to use my words because I wanted to win over my future serv- friends

• Think this one is fitting

• Kinda make sense

• Agreed, also people love Lee.. I mean look at me. :D
    Wtf was this post?

Veeeee posted: »

WTF? I love AJ and I disagree with the people who dislike him but none of their comments claim that him being black is the reason they dislike him. I don't know where you got that from.

• True. Some kids won't process things like adults would but it should be possible for AJ to understand what he did was wrong because Marlon stopped being a threat. With Clementine's guidance, he should learn how to handle situations better. All AJ knows is to survive, protect Clementine, therefore, he isn't aware of all the possible consequences of his actions or his error in judgement. At least he is quick to pick up on everyone's shock to think he did something wrong, although confused. And that is a good sign that means he's capable of learning to see his own errors.

Think this one is fitting

• Nice try, trolling will not stop facts. Acting like racism does not play a
    big part is why Many love Clem and hate AJ is not going to work.

bruh what? people hate that shew black because they don't want too hate Clem

• He did but AJ needed a bit of time to get the gun back. Yeah Marlon wasn't a threat anymore but AJ clearly wasnt taking that chance. He's only young, he's not been in this situation before. He's not going to make the right decisions all the time.

but "He saw a threat and he eliminated it" doesnt really make sense,idk about anyone else but when i played that scene Marlon dropped his gu

• I was shocked when AJ killed Marlon, I wondered why he did it. But after much reflection I realized that he did it out of pure instinct if you see a thug attacking his mother and you would do what? And that's why we have to teach AJ when it's time to kill and when there's no need to kill someone, you're going to teach right and wrong.

edited August 2018

bruh what is u talkin bout? :D
    dont people like Lee?
    aint Lee black?
    dont people like Clem?
    aint Clem black?
    They dont hate AJ cuz of "racism" bruh,the fuck!?

Nice try, trolling will not stop facts. Acting like racism does not play a big part is why Many love Clem and hate AJ is not going to work.

• Does it mean that Clem is about SJW? Lol

bruh what is u talkin bout? dont people like Lee? aint Lee black? dont people like Clem? aint Clem black? They dont hate AJ cuz of "racism" bruh,the fuck!?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.