A Darker Story

I want the story to be darker than ever considering the fact that this is the final season and I'm hoping if they are planning to do a dark story they don't scrape it like what happened with season 2

Do you guys want a dark story or a normal walking dead story
Vote Here:
https://www.strawpoll.me/16312895

Comments

• Remind me what happened with season two?

• The only thing I know of from season 2 that they might be talking about is originally the player, as Clem, was gonna be given a choice to leave AJ, effectively killing him.

MrGraffio posted: »

Remind me what happened with season two?

• The wanted a M rated game.

The only thing I know of from season 2 that they might be talking about is originally the player, as Clem, was gonna be given a choice to leave AJ, effectively killing him.

• edited August 2018

Dark≠Always Good.

@MrGraffio Remind me what happened with season two?

The menu title cards, music, and original titles for Amid the Ruins and No Going Back, basically.

• Ah now I remember, clem being in some sort of blood ritual...wtf happen to that?

DabigRG posted: »

Dark≠Always Good. @MrGraffio Remind me what happened with season two? The menu title cards, music, and original titles for Amid the Ruins and No Going Back, basically.

• Got scrapped.
    The whole season was darker and creepier, just listen to some of the cut music

Ah now I remember, clem being in some sort of blood ritual...wtf happen to that?

• Holy shit I just lisened to the cut soundtrack and it was Ben Drowned level of creepynes

Got scrapped. The whole season was darker and creepier, just listen to some of the cut music

• Gonna go ahead a link one of Graysonn's videos focusing on the various menus and their representation of the story at different points.

• Yeah, season 2 should have been darker as they originally intended, and ANF the same, considering scrapped slaughter house content could have done the trick

• edited August 2018

This video is scary i don’t think i’m gonna sleep tonight

Gonna go ahead a link one of Graysonn's videos focusing on the various menus and their representation of the story at different points.

• (Just FYI, we try to reserve the "Talk with Telltale" thread tag for threads created by Staff Members. You aren't in trouble or anything, just a heads up.)

• Nope. Tonight im not sleeping

Gonna go ahead a link one of Graysonn's videos focusing on the various menus and their representation of the story at different points.

• Slaughter house content?

Fury2014 posted: »

Yeah, season 2 should have been darker as they originally intended, and ANF the same, considering scrapped slaughter house content could have done the trick

• I’m curious. How would people have rewritten the game with a darker theme? That S2 video is very interesting, thanks for sharing.

• edited August 2018

Ugh...the original story and even fairly close to release versions of ANF [Part 1]'s story had Javier, Clementine, other villagers, and apparently Mariana get stuck in and [mostly] break out of a Slaughterhouse filled with walkers being run by the Marauders/New Frontier. Whether his crew brought them there personally or he would've simply been stopping by when things rose up, Max was supposed to chase after the two on their way out and end up getting stuck under a turnstile with presumably released walkers on his tail, with Javier having the choice to spare him.

Slaughter house content?

• But...why they got scrapped? Money? Time? Or they were to disturbing?

Ugh...the original story and even fairly close to release versions of ANF [Part 1]'s story had Javier, Clementine, other villagers, and appa

• Episode 2 of season 1 got really dark, I hope they go somewhere like that for the final season. Looking at the achievements it just looks like a "build up your base" episode. Even episode 2 of season 1 got kinnda dark in a way, there are like 4 characters+ killed in it.

• edited August 2018

They were planning to make season 2 dark we know that because of the old episodes slides and the soundtracks https://youtube.com/watch?v=SrTSwKf3yMA

The only thing I know of from season 2 that they might be talking about is originally the player, as Clem, was gonna be given a choice to leave AJ, effectively killing him.

• The main reason is because it simply didn't fit in the story anymore by the time what we got was being truly finalized.

But...why they got scrapped? Money? Time? Or they were to disturbing?

• I wouldn't mind a darker story? The season 2 music u guys posted was creepy. They should try and go creepier.

• “Done Running” did a good job of this in my opinion. I got creepy horror movie vibes while being locked up with walker Brody. The episode slide for “Take Us Back” also gives me an uneasy feeling.

• Walker Brody screaming while Clem is fooling around with the ruler trying to let herself out is a 10/10 on the creep factor. The game went from a fun adventure romp with zombies to a legit horror game during that moment.

NOHATCLEM posted: »

“Done Running” did a good job of this in my opinion. I got creepy horror movie vibes while being locked up with walker Brody. The episode slide for “Take Us Back” also gives me an uneasy feeling.

• Or a Jurassic Park movie.

Walker Brody screaming while Clem is fooling around with the ruler trying to let herself out is a 10/10 on the creep factor. The game went from a fun adventure romp with zombies to a legit horror game during that moment.

• I would kill for a darker story, oh boy I would love that

• A dark story please

• S2 clem was supposed to be shot in the Forrest, as well as rebecca dying from bloodloss from childbirth whilst the herd was attacking Howes

• edited August 2018

Was the childbirth gonna be in episode 3 or did they escape Howes in episode 4 instead of episode 3? Cause the birth in the final game is in episode 4. And that when they are already away from Howes.

MaxTheFax posted: »

S2 clem was supposed to be shot in the Forrest, as well as rebecca dying from bloodloss from childbirth whilst the herd was attacking Howes

• Yes the childbirth was supposed to happen inside the prison in episode 3

Was the childbirth gonna be in episode 3 or did they escape Howes in episode 4 instead of episode 3? Cause the birth in the final game is in episode 4. And that when they are already away from Howes.

• Also I think they did escape howes in ep 4 instead, thats why she puts the blood on her face and the 400 days characters were supposed to come with them, episode 4 and 5 were very recently written compared to episode 1 2 and 3

• Oh alright, thanks for clarifying

Yes the childbirth was supposed to happen inside the prison in episode 3

• Wel, in the episode slide of episode 3 you can see Clem and Rebecca together so I think that indicates that the birth was gonna happen in episode 3. Since that episode slide never happend in the final result of the episode.

MaxTheFax posted: »

Also I think they did escape howes in ep 4 instead, thats why she puts the blood on her face and the 400 days characters were supposed to come with them, episode 4 and 5 were very recently written compared to episode 1 2 and 3

• edited August 2018

In the dev commentary for In Harm's Way, they mentioned that the ending for episode 2 was originally going to be the opening of episode 3. The childbirth was more than likely going to happen inside the (unused) bathroom of the Ski Lodge, according to unused files and the first 2 slides for episode 3, which show Clem and Rebecca in what appears to be the bathroom Ski Lodge.

• Thanks for the clarification :)

In the dev commentary for In Harm's Way, they mentioned that the ending for episode 2 was originally going to be the opening of episode 3. T

• It's what I do. ;)

Thanks for the clarification

• She was apparently at least starting to approach going into labor in Episode 2, as there was supposed to be a bathroom in the Ski Lodge and some of her animations while upstairs were supposed to be used there with some tissues and maybe a towel intended to be on hand.

• That means that the childbirth should have happened between episode 2 and episode 3

She was apparently at least starting to approach going into labor in Episode 2, as there was supposed to be a bathroom in the Ski Lodge and

• I guess...?

That means that the childbirth should have happened between episode 2 and episode 3

Sign in to comment in this discussion.