What is your favorite improvement to TFS?

edited September 2018 in The Walking Dead

What has been your favourite improvement in the new season?

Comments

• The new art style and the third person camera.

• 3D camera, more fun combat “for a story driven game”, animations and espression more detailed, more defined characters, and so on.

• Obviously the writing has improved. Graphics, too. I feel like the scene in the basement wouldn’t have been as disturbing had it taken place on Season 2.

• The basement scene is probably my favorite scene of the episode.

Obviously the writing has improved. Graphics, too. I feel like the scene in the basement wouldn’t have been as disturbing had it taken place on Season 2.

• Did you forget that we saw Carver get his skull bashed in with a crowbar in season 2? The basement scene was good but it wasn't disturbing to me.

Obviously the writing has improved. Graphics, too. I feel like the scene in the basement wouldn’t have been as disturbing had it taken place on Season 2.

• edited August 2018

I was ecstatic over that, though. Not disturbed.

qualityrice posted: »

Did you forget that we saw Carver get his skull bashed in with a crowbar in season 2? The basement scene was good but it wasn't disturbing to me.

• Over ANF ? Everything ?
    Over S2 ? 3rd person camera, the combat, the story so far seems more grounded than S2, characters feel better too, (Clem being around kids her own age is more fitting for the story), the collectibles and optional achievements are a nice touch.
    I like that the threats are more serious and fitting for the game (Walkers, finding food, hunting / fishing) unlike S2 which was just running away and then wandering aimlessly.
    Over S1 ? Really don't know, I like the art style a lot better and of course the overall look of the season plus the animations are really good.

• edited August 2018

If the next ep are equal to ep 1, the best improvement has been the development of the story and characters

• I'd have to go back to it and/or play it myself to really gauge a true positive, off the top of my head.

• The updated visuals, gameplay mechanics, and longer episodes.

• The writing, length and depth into details. The exploration and hubs are pretty damn good too. Overall I feel like this was made by people who were passionate about making it and loved it. It saddens me that this season (which could arguably be the best), has to be the last.

• The improved art style, animations, over the shoulder camera, collectibles and hidden achievements/trophies. If this first episode is anything to go by, I'd say TFS is going to be one hell of a ride.

• The characters are the best we never have some good characters since season 1

• And the writting

• Everything.

The gameplay/Over-the-shoulder camera feels modern and actually more immersive than ever.

The exposition in the episode was perfect.

The setting/theme feels wholesome.

The characters have depth and importance, and for the first time ever, children characters are written right. Like Marlon is only introduced for one episode, yet over the course of 2 and a half hours you felt like you knew him forever.

The parallels to Season 1 are great.

The writing doesn't miss a beat.

It ends on a incredible cliffhanger.

Like it's probably the greatest singular episode for me in all of TWD. And the best opener of a season.

• edited August 2018

Length/Writing

• edited August 2018

They could've spruced up the art style and game mechanics all they wanted but if the writing and length of the episodes hadn't been improved on, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did and it very well could've turned out to be another ANF.

So yeah, it's gotta be writing/episode length which have been my favourite improvements. Having an all kids cast really helped too, the weight of Clementine's decisions and interactions with the other kids feel a lot more valid, fun and down to earth.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.