Is Aj Ben (Comics) or Carl?

After the ending of episode 1 I really wanted to compare him to both of these comic book characters.

God bless everyone.

Comments

• I think Alvin more like badass version of Carl cause Carl wasn't born in this world, he remembers life before, AJ doesn't. Ben is afraid and that's his problem, AJ is not afraid, he just has over-protecting vision.

• What Ben, cause I don't watch the show?

• You can't exactly compare a college kid , who was born in normal life, with a kid who grew up in a world full of nightmares. They are both different people, Ben was barely taught how to survive and AJ was taught when he learned how to control himself, he knows nothing about pre-apocalypse.

• You know as I pointed out in the video, I'm talking about comic ben not video game ben.

Thank you for the comment.

God bless you.

DoritoPope posted: »

I think Alvin more like badass version of Carl cause Carl wasn't born in this world, he remembers life before, AJ doesn't. Ben is afraid and that's his problem, AJ is not afraid, he just has over-protecting vision.

• In the comic Ben was kind of a sociopathic five year old it seems who killed his twin brother, but doesn't touch his brains so his brother can come back.

God bless you.

DabigRG posted: »

What Ben, cause I don't watch the show?

• Im gonna have to ask can people watch the video before commenting at this point. Because in the video I clearly explain I'm talking about Comic book Ben (who was 5 years old) not video game Ben.

God bless you.

AronDracula posted: »

You can't exactly compare a college kid , who was born in normal life, with a kid who grew up in a world full of nightmares. They are both d

• edited September 2018

From what I heard about Carl, I think AJ is more like him. Though I haven't watched the show yet.

God bless you.

• sorry

You know as I pointed out in the video, I'm talking about comic ben not video game ben. Thank you for the comment. God bless you.

• Award winning comic book.

In the comic Ben was kind of a sociopathic five year old it seems who killed his twin brother, but doesn't touch his brains so his brother can come back. Thank you for the comment. God bless you.

• It's fine, I think I'll add comics to the title so people can know who i'm talking about.

DoritoPope posted: »

sorry

• Lol

Award winning comic book.

• Ben in the comics is a 5 year old. In the show he's a teenager so it's different.

God bless you.

NexusFire posted: »

From what I heard about Carl, I think AJ is more like him. Though I haven't watched the show yet. God bless you.

• I think he has the badass DNA
    But has the lizzie from twd TV show craziness that is starting to show up.

• Sorry, not sorry, I just had to start shitting on this comic and occasionally the show the more people tell me about it.

Lol

• edited September 2018

Yeah just shit on something you've never read,that's great.

Sorry, not sorry, I just had to start shitting on this comic and occasionally the show the more people tell me about it.

• Welcome to the Internet.

iFoRias posted: »

Yeah just shit on something you've never read,that's great.

• Maybe, didn't watch when lizzie got there so don't know.

God bless you.

I think he has the badass DNA But has the lizzie from twd TV show craziness that is starting to show up.

• Well I do talk about the comic since the game is still set in that universe even if it's no longer canon.

Sorry, not sorry, I just had to start shitting on this comic and occasionally the show the more people tell me about it.

• AJ is like Carl all the way. AJ isn't going around hurting and killing friends and loved ones due to being fucked up in the head. He sees threats and deals with them, shooting Marlon is something i could see a younger Carl doing. Hell, Carl already shot Shane, killed Ben, and stowed away on Negans truck to try and kill them all. Carl had plenty of reckless moments but his intentions were good which I firmly believe is the case for AJ as well.

• " the game is still set in that universe even if it's no longer canon."
    Huh?

Well I do talk about the comic since the game is still set in that universe even if it's no longer canon.

• At least Season 2 was no longer canon, I think mostly due to the whole Lilly debacle. Not sure if it regained canon with ANF but they did have Paul who is from the comics in there, which shows that the game is still in the comic universe.

God bless you.

zeke10 posted: »

" the game is still set in that universe even if it's no longer canon." Huh?

• edited September 2018

True, but like I said Carl felt guilty after killing Ben (and I think Shane) but AJ shows no guilt, which is more of a characteristic of Ben.

God bless you.

AJ is like Carl all the way. AJ isn't going around hurting and killing friends and loved ones due to being fucked up in the head. He sees th

• He's Rallo, "Cleveland Show" character; black kid with afro and bigger lower lip. Damn, what is Talltale doing?! He does not act like 5(?) yo kid! Never went to school, and Clementine's education was interrupted by za.

• It took this long for someone to make that reference, wtf

He's Rallo, "Cleveland Show" character; black kid with afro and bigger lower lip. Damn, what is Talltale doing?! He does not act like 5(?) yo kid! Never went to school, and Clementine's education was interrupted by za.

• Za?

God bless you.

He's Rallo, "Cleveland Show" character; black kid with afro and bigger lower lip. Damn, what is Talltale doing?! He does not act like 5(?) yo kid! Never went to school, and Clementine's education was interrupted by za.

• Zombie Apocalypse

Za? Thank you for the comment. God bless you.

• Judging from AJ's expression after he shoots I would say he felt guilty. He looks scared and shocked at what he did, not cold and remorseless. And based on the episode 2 preview it seems like he has been losing sleep and having nightmares over it.

True, but like I said Carl felt guilty after killing Ben (and I think Shane) but AJ shows no guilt, which is more of a characteristic of Ben. Thank you for the comment. God bless you.

• To much god bless you stuff

But aj is much better as he was born into this world and is not afraid

• ah okay. Thx.

supersagig posted: »

Zombie Apocalypse

• Really? He says "What?" like he doesn't understand what he did wrong. Then he says "I saved one for me" like he thought that's what was wrong. He doesn't even seem to realize killing Marlon was wrong.

Judging from AJ's expression after he shoots I would say he felt guilty. He looks scared and shocked at what he did, not cold and remorseless. And based on the episode 2 preview it seems like he has been losing sleep and having nightmares over it.

• You can never too much of God's blessing.

He may not be afraid but he also seems to be lacking other feelings, like empathy. Kind of when he's playing with tenn and assumed the cops were weak because they were dead.

xxplvb posted: »

To much god bless you stuff But aj is much better as he was born into this world and is not afraid

• Look at his eyes and tone of voice. He has doubts

Really? He says "What?" like he doesn't understand what he did wrong. Then he says "I saved one for me" like he thought that's what was wrong. He doesn't even seem to realize killing Marlon was wrong.

• He doesn't even seem to realize killing Marlon was wrong.

That's kinda the point.
    He was under the teachings and experience that you have to fight and sometimes kill/"kill" to stay alive and get by, so he didn't suspect anyone would have an issue with him shooting Marlon(who treated away Tenn's sisters, killed Brody, shoved him to the ground after swiping his gun while he was discract, pointed and waived around it around at everyone, and was trying to do something that would hurt Clementine as well) until they were all just staring at him as if he did something wrong.

Really? He says "What?" like he doesn't understand what he did wrong. Then he says "I saved one for me" like he thought that's what was wrong. He doesn't even seem to realize killing Marlon was wrong.

• That's good to hear. It means he's not completely insensitive to killing people. I'm trying to remember the moment where she was told not to get used to killing people, but I was wondering if Clem was able to give AJ the same talk before this happened.

Look at his eyes and tone of voice. He has doubts

• Even when they were staring at them. The whole "What?"

He doesn't even seem to realize killing Marlon was wrong. That's kinda the point. He was under the teachings and experience that yo

• His eyes are surprised because everyone's looking at him like he did something wrong. His tone is him trying to figure out what he did wrong. He then gives what he seemingly thinks he did wrong. Assuring Clem he saved one for himself.

Look at his eyes and tone of voice. He has doubts

• I'm more wondering how they got away with staying after killing the leader.

God bless you.

That's good to hear. It means he's not completely insensitive to killing people. I'm trying to remember the moment where she was told not to

• Pleasure

You can never too much of God's blessing. He may not be afraid but he also seems to be lacking other feelings, like empathy. Kind of when he's playing with tenn and assumed the cops were weak because they were dead. Thank you for the comment.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.