Same universe as the comics

Is it true that the game is happening in the same universe as the comics? I thought it was but now I'm not that sure. So if it is would that mean that Clementine was born in 1994?

Comments

• Yes. The game is set in the comic universe. But as far as I know Clem was born in 2003.

• edited August 2019

• Is there some confirmation out there that says it or is it just assumed because of the association with Skybound ?

• Pretty sure Telltale has also mentioned it in interviews here and there. Plus Glenn and Hershel were in S1E01 and looked like their comic book counterparts.

Slyderka posted: »

Is there some confirmation out there that says it or is it just assumed because of the association with Skybound ?

• edited September 2018

It's crazy to think that they are probably at the year 2011 or something lol so bizarre.

• The apocalypse starts in 2003 in the comics, so she was eight, then nine, in that year

aRealMan posted: »

Yes. The game is set in the comic universe. But as far as I know Clem was born in 2003.

• There are a few early 2010s references in season 1 like Walter White missing poster in 400 days and Duck talking to Clementine about a comic (Super Dinosaur) which was released in 2011. Robert never really confirmed the year of when the apocalypse started so the year my very from 2003 to 2012.

• Honestly Telltale's TWD is it it's own separate canon. I don't see these games as "part" of the comics or the TV show. They give off an entirely different context and messaging than the either of the other properties.

If anything, Telltale could have made S1 an original concept of a universe and game, and it would have had the same effect. That's how strong it stands on its own.

• aint each one got their own like "universe" and shit like the show the comic and the game?

• Yeah the game takes place in the Comic Book Universe. What Glenn did in Episode 1 is canon and it is part of his story arc in the Comic Book. What happened to Hershel and Shawn is canon. And Jesus' Story arc in A New Frontier is canon. The Telltale Games' story is canon.

• The Walking Dead series from Telltale is sharing the same universe as comics. Even Kirkman stated as much back in Season 1 when asked about Glenn and Hershel. I believe the question was whether we see Glen and Hershel from the TV show at which point Kirkman said along the lines that "In [Telltale] The Walking Dead you can see them before their first appearance in the comics".

Kirkmans basically confirmed it so yes, the games and the comics share the same universe, the same timeline, they just follow different characters and stories.

• Shawn Greene is a walker who was kept in Hershel's barn in the comics and the game just revealed his fate before Rick and his group reached the farm (Game is also the only time you see Shawn Greene alive, he is a walker in comics and TV).

Slyderka posted: »

Is there some confirmation out there that says it or is it just assumed because of the association with Skybound ?

• The comics and the game are completely in line with each other, Jesus in S3 is perfect proof of this. Not just his mere presence, but the way he comes back ala man-bun and armored-up on horseback, exactly like he is bfore the Whisperer War. Don’t get me started on the Michonne game either.

Honestly Telltale's TWD is it it's own separate canon. I don't see these games as "part" of the comics or the TV show. They give off an ent

Sign in to comment in this discussion.