Kenny - How good a friend was he?

Lee says in Episode 5, "He (Kenny) is what passes for a friend these days." From a scale of 1-10 in season 1 only, with 10 the highest, how would you rate Kenny as a friend to Lee? I know this can be difficult because there are various degrees of his friendship.

Comments

Kenny is a complete asshole he is a great friend while you're giving him the old rusty trombone but disagree with him over anything even potato chip flavor and he whips out his death note. That said he always stabs you in the front which is why he's not a 1

• "friends with benefits" is sadly what category Kenny falls for in s1...if you've done his words he's ur bud if not fu! Yet still I love this asshole so 6.5.

• 8-10, if you're Pro-Kenny throughout the game.

5-7, if you're neutral to Kenny throughout the game.

2-4, if you're Anti-Kenny throughout the game.

Boring answer, but true.

• It isn't really a great topic to discuss because everyone's playthrough is different and that's the entire point of Kenny's character. I don't rate on things like this but he was a solid friend with my Lee, i had his back most of the time and rightfully so in a world where people should stick together. He saved Lee's life from that asshole Larry. If I was in Lee's position i would always be thankful for that.

• Well... In my playthrough I would say 7.5.

• As soon as you disagree on something with him, even though you've been on his side the entire season, he'll start flipping tables.
    He's willing to let you die because you said that his kid is bitten, even though he wants to kill someone just because he thinks they are dead a few days later.
    And let's not talk about Shawn.
    If you're on his side all the time then yeah he's ok and he's got your back but he's still a hypocrite.
    4/10

• In my playthrough a 6,5

• yep, he's HONEST down to a T with his feelings towards people whether it be good or bad. Total respect for the man, there should be more people like him in the world who don't take any shit and tell you exactly straight to your face when your Lee or whoever is an asshole as well. It's easy for people to judge the way HE is towards others but those same folks don't look at things from the way THEY treat him. Trust me it sheds a whole new light on the matter

CapnJay posted: »

4 Kenny is a complete asshole he is a great friend while you're giving him the old rusty trombone but disagree with him over anything even

• In my plyathrough, Kenny is a 5/10.

I mean the first time I played the Walking Dead, Kenny was that one person that I was always with but then when it came to Larry, I helped Lily try to save Larry and ever since then Kenny hated Lee. Even after that, I still tried to improve their friendship agreeing with him but he still shut Lee down.

Then when I played Walking Dead again (Because I really loved the game and I needed to replay the collection for Season 4. The first time I played Season 1, it was the base game itseolf) I realized how much of a bad friend he is.

If you disagree with Kenny on ONE thing but agree with him on everything else, then he'll hate him. Kenny will talk all big and mighty but when shit really hits the fan and trouble is right in front of him, he'll run away. Remember with Shaun and Duck, Kenny could have helped me saved Shaun (he could have dropped Duck once he was safe and come to help me)

First playing, I was a blind Kenny fan but one you play it again, you'll realize the problems with his character. Thank God Episode 5 gave him a redemption arc. In all honesty, I felt like Kenny should have died in Episode 5 cause to me his character was done. In Season 2, Kenny is a little likable but he's more irrational and broken. This Kenny is not the Kenny that I know from Season 1.

• In relation to Lee?

Um, varies between like a 4 and a 7.

• edited September 2018

In my S1 playthrough, Lee and Kenny are essentially antagonistic acquaintances who's only intergroup bond is a basic mutual individual respect between adults.

My Lee in particular had no problems telling him to his face he'd end his life.

• with my lee well he was 10 from ep1 till the almost end of ep 2 from that till the end he is 5

• I do not know why people started talking about Kenny out of nowhere, but he's a 10 note, no doubt I've always stood by his side, seeing him fucking shit, he's a person who's on the side at the moment of the fight

• One of the problems with S1 was the relationships with Kenny and Lilly which i felt were very poorly done. If you don't side with Kenny in the meat locker it seems like it takes the rest of the season for him to view Lee as a "friend" even if you were loyal to him. Lee/Ken's relationship mostly hinges on one choice that takes the rest of the season to potentially change positive.

• Look at my profile picture and your question has been answered. ?

• edited September 2018

so a 1 out of 10?

Look at my profile picture and your question has been answered. ?

• 10/10 Kenny was my best friend. I always had his back. There were some questionable things he did like taking food from the Stranger's car which I didn't agree with. Kenny had good intentions and had the group's wellbeing and his family's wellbeing in mind, but a flaw in his character was he gets too caught up in the moment and doesn't take the time to rationally think it over. I think I rambled for long enough. Hope my answer was satisfactory to your question :smile:

• My Kenny? Perfect 10. Other Kennys can get as low as 2 though.

• edited September 2018

You said 10/10 but then you talked about his character's flaws.
    Wouldn't that make it something like a 8.5/10 ? ?
    EDIT: Damn my comment got screwed up, this was in response to @dylanwoods777

• Probably because he's got nearly two whole seasons of main focus plus extra relishings on his back and thus it's inherently hard to talk about the games without him coming up.

BigLee posted: »

I do not know why people started talking about Kenny out of nowhere, but he's a 10 note, no doubt I've always stood by his side, seeing him fucking shit, he's a person who's on the side at the moment of the fight

• I did a poor job explaining what I meant... Sorry :disappointed:
    When I said 10/10 I meant that I considered him a best friend of My Lee. Everyone has flaws but we still love them despite their flaws. Kenny's flaw was that he never took his time to think stuff over. But I still love him. Hope I explained it better. If I didn't then feel free to let me know :smile:

You said 10/10 but then you talked about his character's flaws. Wouldn't that make it something like a 8.5/10 ? ? EDIT: Damn my comment got screwed up, this was in response to @dylanwoods777

• Oh I gotcha now

I did a poor job explaining what I meant... Sorry When I said 10/10 I meant that I considered him a best friend of My Lee. Everyone has f

• Thank you :smile: Again sorry for the poor explanation. I struggle to put my thoughts into words most of the time. Have a good day :smile:

Oh I gotcha now

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited September 2018

Kenny's a good friend so long as you do as he says and don't speak against him. The moment you have different opinions from his is when you become enemy #1. That's another reason why he like AJ so much and wanted to kill Jane over "losing" him . He was Duck's replacement and couldn't disobey to him.

• Sí.

so a 1 out of 10?

• @Thebatman377
    And only because 0 isn't on the scale.

Sí.

• A bit like the joke “on a scale from one to ten, how fat am I?” and the person responds “eleven”. ?

DabigRG posted: »

@Thebatman377 And only because 0 isn't on the scale.

• Pretty much.

A bit like the joke “on a scale from one to ten, how fat am I?” and the person responds “eleven”. ?

• Kenny was a pretty good friend in my game. Don't know about assigning a number to it but if I had to, I'd say around 8.5. He risked his life numerous times to save Lee and came along to try and save Clementine when The Stranger kidnapped her. I'm glad he was there to protect Clementine in season 2.

• I remember when the ANF was launched, barely had people talking about it

DabigRG posted: »

Probably because he's got nearly two whole seasons of main focus plus extra relishings on his back and thus it's inherently hard to talk about the games without him coming up.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.