Unpopular TWDG opinions thread

I want to hear and discuss some of your unpopular opinions about the game,

Comments

• I enjoyed ANF and I like Ben and Gabe.

• Kenny is overrated

please don't hurt me :'(

• There kinda is one, but I suppose a fresher one may not hurt.

• Prepared to be lynched

NexusFire posted: »

I enjoyed ANF and I like Ben and Gabe.

• I wish Lee had the option to shoot Kenny. I always get pissed whenever he stands there and says “would you do the same for me? Because there were a lot of times you weren’t there”.

• I was hoping for more recent main series discussion.

DabigRG posted: »

There kinda is one, but I suppose a fresher one may not hurt.

• Oh I'm ready.

Craixite posted: »

Prepared to be lynched

• I don’t know unpopular this is, but shooting jane after finding out AJ is still alive. We can do that to kenny so why not her?

• Cause Telltale really hates Kenny.

I don’t know unpopular this is, but shooting jane after finding out AJ is still alive. We can do that to kenny so why not her?

• I guess they brought him back to just remind us how much we hated him.

• Agreed.

I don’t know unpopular this is, but shooting jane after finding out AJ is still alive. We can do that to kenny so why not her?

• idk y but I figured you (specifically) would make this comment (which was inevitable whether it was you that made it or not)

does this count as an unpop twdg opinion tho?

also I don't trust anyone who hates on AJ or Arvo

• does this count as an unpop twdg opinion tho?

My post or commenting you knew it was coming?

also I don't trust anyone who hates on AJ or Arvo

Mm...Arvo is a least a little understandable.

idk y but I figured you (specifically) would make this comment (which was inevitable whether it was you that made it or not) does this count as an unpop twdg opinion tho? also I don't trust anyone who hates on AJ or Arvo

• S2 is overrated

• TWD: Michonne is underrated

• Gabe wasn't a bad character, just extremely unlikable.

• The michonne game is good, it’s just the length that sucks.

Findagon posted: »

* S2 is overrated * TWD: Michonne is underrated * Gabe wasn't a bad character, just extremely unlikable.

• I really enjoyed michonne for what it was. I picked it up in the telltale humble bundle and gotta say it was a excellent for what i paid.

The michonne game is good, it’s just the length that sucks.

• I swear there was a thread for this already

• There is.

Clemenem posted: »

I swear there was a thread for this already

• Damn. Thatsa lotta comments. I sense a lot of repeated unpopular opinions will be in this, but I haven't commented on that so I'll use this!

• Unpopular opinion - I don't like Clementine in this game or ANF. I was meant to speak more in-depth on this in the mini-discussion that I think Sergeant Mario and DabigRG had, but I couldn't obviously. Man, there's a lot of stuff I haven't had the chance to say.

• Hold that thought I need to go buy some popcorn

Ghetsis posted: »

Unpopular opinion - I don't like Clementine in this game or ANF. I was meant to speak more in-depth on this in the mini-discussion that I th

• I hated s3 Clem

Unpopular opinion - I don't like Clementine in this game or ANF. I was meant to speak more in-depth on this in the mini-discussion that I th

• edited September 2018

She acted nothing like my clementine in S2, I didn’t even choose to hold baby AJ the 2 times I was given the option, nor listen to him kicking around in Rebecca’s stomach. Yet the game acts like AJ is now the most important thing to her in life. I would have gladly handed him over to the New Frontier and not even try stealing medicine.

Craixite posted: »

I hated s3 Clem

• I don't really remember because it was a while ago, but it was something along the lines of my disagreement with her character's voice. I remember Mrs. Hutchison had to do like six voices for Clem and TT decided the S2 one would be the best.
    A lot of people auren't as fond of her s2 voice as her s1, and there's good reason. I think the writers got a bit carried away with showing off her evolution (same goes for s3) and because of this drastic change, Clem ended up seeming very depressed. TWD itself has shown us that no matter how much humans change, their voices don't long term, they only get sad short-term. Look at Jane, Clem's role model. She sounds normal, so why is Clem stuck in the heartbreak phase (like when someone important to you dies) permanently?
    Btw, I don't necessarily mean voice, this also goes for personality.
    Luckily, in TFS, AJ has brought Clem's humanity back. She can laugh, legitmately smile (not just at Javi's muscles) joke around, empathise, etc. She's really sweet now and more realistic.

I wanted S2 Clem to be the same as S1, just more grown up. Doesn't mean she needs a monotonous voice that puts me to sleep. Compare Clem getting angry in S1 to Clem getting edgy angry in S2, or sad, or happy. It's like she can't do anything more than smile at Jane eating glass because otherwise, it'll break her 'badass survivor' vibe. It's not the same! I'm fine with the S2 model though, her engraved eyes look cool.

End of unpopular opinion. Curious to know though, who's with me?

Hold that thought I need to go buy some popcorn

• Melissa Hutchinson providing the same voice for 4 different aged clementines isn’t easy, on top of clem being mixed-black unlike her voice actress. I don’t envy her position. Clementine sounding the way she does was impacted by being with a spouseless, childless, begrudgingly hostile christa for sixteen months.

I don't really remember because it was a while ago, but it was something along the lines of my disagreement with her character's voice. I re

• Yup. But it's not the same voice though, albeit s3 and s4 are similiar. And come on! The whole Christa thing is the most unrealistic storytelling I've ever heard of, it just makes me want to rewrite everything. Might aswell have it where both Omid and Christa die, 7-8 months after S1, and the events of S2 follow on as normal. Then, S3 would be 5 years and a bit after the end of S2.
    That would kind of solve my problem.

Melissa Hutchinson providing the same voice for 4 different aged clementines isn’t easy, on top of clem being mixed-black unlike her voice a

• edited September 2018

Woah hold on, lets not get carried away, a 9 year old clementine would not make S2 work as well as it did. A preteen being mentored in several survivalist philosophies was genius, no one would have done that with her unless it was Lee 2 years prior.

Yup. But it's not the same voice though, albeit s3 and s4 are similiar. And come on! The whole Christa thing is the most unrealistic storyte

• Jane is such a garbage character and never should have existed. Yes, she still has fans.
    • I liked Sarah. She is better than a whiny cunt like Gabe.
    • Even if it's an improvement after ANF, The Final Season still doesn't impress me to play it.
  • Wow, it is so weird that I'm not sure I sufficiently agree with any of these.

AronDracula posted: »

* Jane is such a garbage character and never should have existed. Yes, she still has fans. * I liked Sarah. She is better than a whiny cunt like Gabe. * Even if it's an improvement after ANF, The Final Season still doesn't impress me to play it.

• No, because she'd already been with Omid and Christa for several months. But I see your point, an older Clem is kind of needed.

Woah hold on, lets not get carried away, a 9 year old clementine would not make S2 work as well as it did. A preteen being mentored in several survivalist philosophies was genius, no one would have done that with her unless it was Lee 2 years prior.

• Is it the one titled “Why we don’t talk about Kenny”?

• Oh, under those circumstances, nobody in their right mind would kill kenny, it shows jane in a much more aggressive posture over him. I hate jane but it doesn’t make it right to be so easy to do so.

• At that point, just put in both.

Actually make the choice to interfere mean something by influencing who ends up on top, unlocking different options at the end.

Oh, under those circumstances, nobody in their right mind would kill kenny, it shows jane in a much more aggressive posture over him. I hate jane but it doesn’t make it right to be so easy to do so.

• Idk if this is unpopular but I liked Javi and although I don't want to be reminded that ANF was ever a thing I miss him a little bit. :'(

• We all do... afterall, he loved fuckin’ pudding

lottii-lu posted: »

Idk if this is unpopular but I liked Javi and although I don't want to be reminded that ANF was ever a thing I miss him a little bit.

• The funniest part about when Jeff said that is because he didn't even realise his own voiceline was wrong - he was meant to say 'I fuckin' love pudding'. Oh well.

Melton23 posted: »

We all do... afterall, he loved fuckin’ pudding

• You know, I hate to down the laugh, but...

The funniest part about when Jeff said that is because he didn't even realise his own voiceline was wrong - he was meant to say 'I fuckin' love pudding'. Oh well.

• Clementine should drop AJ in a tub of acid off at Richmond and leave him there, as its walls will protect him for many years to come.

• That's horrible. nice of you.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Clementine should drop AJ in a tub of acid off at Richmond and leave him there, as its walls will protect him for many years to come.

• I always get pissed whenever he stands there and says “would you do the same for me? Because there were a lot of times you weren’t there”.

Maybe because you did not helped him

I wish Lee had the option to shoot Kenny. I always get pissed whenever he stands there and says “would you do the same for me? Because there were a lot of times you weren’t there”.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.