Something Doesn't Add Up

How did Lilly know Lee died? I say Clem met Lilly at the ranch then "the thing" happened - that's why Lilly is portrayed as a villain now. Thoughts?

Comments

• I'm sure either Clem told her or, after not seeing her and Lee together, put two and two together.

• I initially thought she learned at some point in the past, but there aren't that many characters post S1 who even knew Lee.

• Probably Clementine told that to Lilly before that scene.

• edited September 2018

What actually doesn’t add up is not her knowing he died.. it’s how she knows HOW he died. “A walker you couldn't spot.” Clearly Clem doesn’t know how Lee got bit, how does she know then?

Also, “a bullet you couldn’t dodge, a desperate cry for help that brings the herd.” These are some events that really did happen some point at Clem’s life, most noticeably Arvo shooting her

Again, how did she know? That might be a ridiculous thing to do but if she was stalking Clementine throughout her life then that’d be a great plot twist ;)

• She's clearly just listing examples of how one wrong move and one bout of bad luck can get someone supposedly experienced killed.

Hersani posted: »

What actually doesn’t add up is not her knowing he died.. it’s how she knows HOW he died. “A walker you couldn't spot.” Clearly Clem doesn’t

• edited September 2018

Probably Lilly doesnt know anything about that, but it is how you die most of times in a zombie apocalypse. Being shot by some other survivors, devoured by a herd of zombies or got infected by some random and unnoticed monsters.

What actually doesn’t add up is not her knowing he died.. it’s how she knows HOW he died. “A walker you couldn't spot.” Clearly Clem doesn’t

• Yeah.. but keep in mind that this isn’t the only ways of dying here you know.
    Why didn’t she talk about betrayal, cannibalism, raiding and such?

She clearly sounded specific to her, given the fact that she knows her role now is the same with Lee in the past as a guardian for someone you love. I don’t know about you but I wouldn’t call it a coincidence if someone came unexpectedly listing 3 of my near-death experience that I had in the past.

Gauss99 posted: »

Probably Lilly doesnt know anything about that, but it is how you die most of times in a zombie apocalypse. Being shot by some other survivors, devoured by a herd of zombies or got infected by some random and unnoticed monsters.

• She was talking about Lee and how Clementine could end up like him, then somehow specifically describes his “doomed” moment when he got bit.

Then after that out of all the other hundreds of way you could die she lists the the only exact 3 things that happened to her in some point. I wouldn’t call that a coincidence.

After all, it could be foreshadowing the season’s finale and how Clementine could really die protecting AJ, or just a line tossed there and I gotta be fair I loved this line. It made the trailer 130% way better :P

DabigRG posted: »

She's clearly just listing examples of how one wrong move and one bout of bad luck can get someone supposedly experienced killed.

• Well either being eaten by other survivors or being shot, basically she made some classic examples about how someone could die in a zombie apocalypse. Those examples are the first things that come in mind, and in fact the majority of the characters of this game died just like that.
    Would have been a bit awkward and strange if Lilly said "Being the main course for a group of mad survivors" or something like that.
    She went with the classic stuff instead.

Yeah.. but keep in mind that this isn’t the only ways of dying here you know. Why didn’t she talk about betrayal, cannibalism, raiding and

• Umm I’m pretty sure it’s not that hard to believe clementine and lily would catch up with each other

• While that may be true it also is a little hard to believe that Clem and Lilly would be on friendly terms with each other given it has been as long as it has since they were around one another. And they weren't really around each other that long anyway and Lilly was a pretty controversial figure the entire time she was in the group. Unless Lilly goes out of her way to be nice to Clem I find it hard to believe that Clem will have much to do with her. I know in my playthrough I am going to play Clem as being pretty indifferent towards Lilly until Lilly proves she is worth more than that.

Umm I’m pretty sure it’s not that hard to believe clementine and lily would catch up with each other

• edited September 2018

So then why do we hug Kenny when he’s threatening to shoot Luke and everyone else? I want to hug lily when I see her again :neutral:

sony12 posted: »

While that may be true it also is a little hard to believe that Clem and Lilly would be on friendly terms with each other given it has been

• edited September 2018

Because "Remember Season 1?"

So then why do we hug Kenny when he’s threatening to shoot Luke and everyone else? I want to hug lily when I see her again

• I remember Kenny murdering Larry and leaving shawn to die, both of which clementine witnessed

DabigRG posted: »

Because "Remember Season 1?"

• "Happier Times!"

I remember Kenny murdering Larry and leaving shawn to die, both of which clementine witnessed

• Clem could know how Lee got bit; Christa and/or Omid might have told her while they were together after season 1.

• Kenny was a much more integral part of the group that helped them survive in those opening months than Lilly was. Without Kenny they likely wouldn't have gotten to Savannah and he all in all was looking out for people throughout the entire game (even if he had his disputes with certain characters). Kenny also had a kid Clem's age so he naturally played another parental figure role to her.

Lilly did none of those things. She just decided to start bossing people around while they were at the motel until she finally cracked.

And also in those instances you mentioned regarding Larry and Shawn Larry was about ready to die anyways and potentially turn in a walker when they were locked in a room and with Shawn Kenny's kid was in danger at the same time.

When Lilly killed someone it was through flat out rage.

I remember Kenny murdering Larry and leaving shawn to die, both of which clementine witnessed

• edited September 2018

Wasn’t Lily an integral part of the group too? She was the primary lookout, kept her dad in check, was in control of managing resources, was persistent in finding a betrayer, and kept Clem safe when Lee went out to get Duck and Katjaa, determinantly saving Lee twice.
    Kenny enjoyed bossing people around too and barely had a plan besides driving to a zombie infested coastline.

Yeah she killed carley in rage but she thought carley almost got everyone killed and she thought she was solving the problem much in the same way Kenny killed larry. Kenny didn’t care about what he did and acted brash and callous, expecting her to get over it.

Kenny was a much more integral part of the group that helped them survive in those opening months than Lilly was. Without Kenny they likely

• Being a lookout hardly counts as being an integral part of the group. Yes it is important but it is also something virtually any character could do. Managing resources is also something virtually any character could do. In the show and comic they have characters that hardly get any screen/page time do those jobs.

Regardless no matter how you look at it it is just poor storytelling habits to bring Lilly into this game. And just like with Clem in season 3, Kenny in season 2, and those comic characters in season 1 (which Lilly originally was supposed to be one of) is being done strictly for marketing purposes. Sure they can potentially make it work but it also shows that Telltale puts marketing first and telling a proper story second.

Wasn’t Lily an integral part of the group too? She was the primary lookout, kept her dad in check, was in control of managing resources, was

• And at the same time, anybody can go hunting and look for supplies. Going to Savannah only got everybody in the group killed, no?

Being a lookout hardly counts as being an integral part of the group. Yes it is important but it is also something virtually any character c

• They can but not everyone can get people to follow them and turn into an outright leader of the group. In regards to everyone dying in Savannah are you forgetting that you are playing a Walking Dead Telltale game where everyone has to die by the end of the game except for Clem?

And at the same time, anybody can go hunting and look for supplies. Going to Savannah only got everybody in the group killed, no?

• edited September 2018

But that’s not the last thing Clem remembered Kenny by. When your in the lodge Clem has the option to say “Christa told me you were dead.” This means Christa informed Clem about Kenny’s selfless sacrifice. Clem was also close to Duck who was Kenny’s son. The last thing Clem remembers Lily by is from shooting someone in cold blood. Also their is no way in hell you can argue that what Kenny did to Larry was less justified then what Lily did to Carley, like dude she straight up poped her in the head just because she was salty. At least Kenny had a debateble point that actually made sense for killing Larry. Clem can also mention the Larry situation in the end of episode 5 and determinantly say how she understood the situation and why it had to go down the way it did. The only connection between Clem and Lily that is ever brought up is how she looks after Clem for like 5 minuets at the farm in episode 2 and she gave Clem hair ties or whatever, like woopty fucking doo what a connection lmao. The trailer obviously shows Lily’s true colors.

• So then why are you crediting Kenny with getting everyone to Savannah if you know they’ll all just die?
    I’m not arguing I hate Kenny, I’m only arguing that Lily was a team player in the same regard as Kenny was, maybe even more so, but it’s still up for debate across the community.
    I have no problem with characters being brought back for marketing purposes, most of Telltales stories are amazing by video game standards anyway. Returning characters don’t drag the story down, it’s the writing choices that bog a lot of it down.

They can but not everyone can get people to follow them and turn into an outright leader of the group. In regards to everyone dying in Savan

• Well very few games put the same amount of emphasis on story that TellTale games do. However there is a game within the zombie genre that beats the Walking Dead TellTale games in virtually every way...….Last of Us.....

NaughtyDog uses their talents as storytellers to sell their game. If they felt they needed to resort to shoehorning characters into the story in order to sell the game they probably wouldn't bother making it.

So then why are you crediting Kenny with getting everyone to Savannah if you know they’ll all just die? I’m not arguing I hate Kenny, I’m o

• edited September 2018

The Last of Us is overrated, the only characters able to invoke any emotion from me are Joel and Ellie, and even then the Lee and Clementine bond blows that shit right to the moon. I like the gameplay of TLoU, but like Uncharted, I enjoy it so much that when the cutscenes appear I just want to skip them. Thank god for its multiplayer because if Last of Us was a single player only experience I might want it for only a month. Telltales TWD is the absolute only game series where I care more about the story than the gameplay, and in 2012, I had never experienced a game that impacts me in that same way until The Wolf Among Us.
    I don’t have much good to say about Uncharted so I won’t.

Well very few games put the same amount of emphasis on story that TellTale games do. However there is a game within the zombie genre that be

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited September 2018

How did Lilly know Lee died

Hyper Sense

• Well you then are one of the very few that feel that way about Last of Us. I'd imagine when Last of Us 2 is released it will get monumental sales numbers. It's not hard to forget about gameplay in the TellTale games since there really is no gameplay in the TellTale games.

The Last of Us is overrated, the only characters able to invoke any emotion from me are Joel and Ellie, and even then the Lee and Clementine

• Because the gameplay and graphics are superb, and the story is easy to follow. Same formula that the latest God of War went about. It’s genius. I just happen to not be all that invested in Ellie this time around, but I think it still looks fun to play.
    Clementine still takes the cake and you’ll never catch me dead spending 2 hours just talking to people as Ellie or Joel.

Well you then are one of the very few that feel that way about Last of Us. I'd imagine when Last of Us 2 is released it will get monumental

• TellTale Walking Dead gameplay superb??????? Exactly how is it superb when it is non existent? Unless you consider having the ability to choose a line of dialogue to be gameplay.

Because the gameplay and graphics are superb, and the story is easy to follow. Same formula that the latest God of War went about. It’s geni

• Not everyone dies at the end of TWD except for Clem, where did you get that idea?

They can but not everyone can get people to follow them and turn into an outright leader of the group. In regards to everyone dying in Savan

• By playing the last three games. Oh sorry there are determinant characters and that occasional character that they decide to find a loop hole for for marketing purposes.

Tewudin posted: »

Not everyone dies at the end of TWD except for Clem, where did you get that idea?

• edited September 2018

Well... Mike and Arvo from S2 are alive as far as we know and they aren't determinant or even mentioned. Christa also might still be alive, might not but we just don't know. Even if you people don't want to talk about it, characters from ANF like Javier and Eleonor are still live as well.

Also those characters at one point or another were part of the group with Clementine so they count in my head towards people from her group surviving and not being determinant.

By playing the last three games. Oh sorry there are determinant characters and that occasional character that they decide to find a loop hole for for marketing purposes.

• Four characters left alive out of three whole games isn't saying much.

Tewudin posted: »

Well... Mike and Arvo from S2 are alive as far as we know and they aren't determinant or even mentioned. Christa also might still be alive,

• Maybe it isn't but at the very least it disproves the statement that ALL the characters from Clem's group always die, save from those who are determinant. That was my point, after all.

Four characters left alive out of three whole games isn't saying much.

• edited September 2018

I was referencing The Last of Us and Uncharted, sorry if I was being unclear, I’m multitasking atm

TellTale Walking Dead gameplay superb??????? Exactly how is it superb when it is non existent? Unless you consider having the ability to choose a line of dialogue to be gameplay.

• Ahh ok my bad. Since you are arguing against Last of Us figured that you wouldn't be saying it is superb or genius. Sounds like if a game has really good gameplay the story becomes less important to you.

I was referencing The Last of Us and Uncharted, sorry if I was being unclear, I’m multitasking atm

• edited September 2018

When you are actively engaged in enthralling combat, and it then stops, it can make you a bit cranky about it. I see a game as something to play, not watch. Telltale is a special case for me. I do enjoy the last of us but it’s story isn’t what I come for.

Ahh ok my bad. Since you are arguing against Last of Us figured that you wouldn't be saying it is superb or genius. Sounds like if a game has really good gameplay the story becomes less important to you.

• What about lilly stalked the group in season one and come back to savannah and found lee dead? after all we did get the choice in the story builder...

• edited September 2018

And what if that walkie talkie next to boxes under which walker that bit Lee is hidden was all a trap?

MrGraffio posted: »

What about lilly stalked the group in season one and come back to savannah and found lee dead? after all we did get the choice in the story builder...

• That would be awesome but it's unlikely.

MrGraffio posted: »

What about lilly stalked the group in season one and come back to savannah and found lee dead? after all we did get the choice in the story builder...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.