What do you want Telltale to do with Lily and her character?

So now that it is confirmed that Lily will be returning in The Final Season, what do you hope Telltale does with her character? How do you want her story to end?

Comments

• I want her to be redeemable at least,yeah ok start with her as a villain but the lily I know must be in there somehow and I hope TT gives us a choice.

• I think Telltale should make her a determinant character at some point, maybe even in episode 2.
    Killing her in the episode she returns in after so long would make fans feel a little cheated that all this buildup was for practically nothing
    If she lives no matter what, then players will feel cheated that they aren't allowed to get the revenge that they've been waiting so long for.
    I think giving the player the option to kill her or not would be a great choice right off the bat.
    And even if not in episode two I DEFINETELY want to see this choice pop up somewhere in the season.

• edited September 2018

Unfortunately Telltale will probably make her go full evil since she is so controversial and even here so many people want her dead.

Lilly deserved way more than being reduced to a phsycho evil villain, she is actually emotional, complex and extremely, extremely, vulnerable. She was fucked up and that’s made her gray character arc amazing. I hope they don’t make her evil and give at least an option for a redemption for her.

1. Reconnect and make up for lost time
    2. Have at least a few dialogue options afterwards
    3. Keep her alive for the next episode, but maybe not for the rest of the season
    4. Have her die in a sudden freak accident
  • Same thought man

I want her to be redeemable at least,yeah ok start with her as a villain but the lily I know must be in there somehow and I hope TT gives us a choice.

• I think it'd be poetic if she mouths off like Carley did and gets shot in the same way that she killed Carley/Doug

• I think saving Doug will really pay off because Lilly wanted to shoot Ben and I wonder if we'll be able to tell her that Ben was actually the one slipping the bandits supplies and she'll be less guilty for trying to shoot Ben

• I really hope that if she turns out to be the main antagonist she isnt just another Joan. I really want to be able to sit down and talk to her about where she's been and all that. Honestly kinda wondering if maybe theyll give Lily a playable flashback or something.

• I mean Kenny didn't get a flashback episode in season 2, So I doubt they will give Lilly one. Especially considering that Kenny is way more popular amongst fans than Lilly is. And i'm saying that without any bias.

Poogers555 posted: »

I really hope that if she turns out to be the main antagonist she isnt just another Joan. I really want to be able to sit down and talk to h

• Seeing as Marlon never got his, let Lily be redeemed. We've never got an anti hero or villain that we can side with

• We've never got an anti hero or villain that we can side with

kenny?

Clemenem posted: »

Seeing as Marlon never got his, let Lily be redeemed. We've never got an anti hero or villain that we can side with

• edited September 2018

Lilly deserves better than to be reduced to a psycho, one-dimensional “villain”
    She was misunderstood and made mistakes 9 YEARS AGO
    I honestly will be disappointed if they make her a bitch no matter your choices, our choices should matter tbh
    And plus the speech she had in the trailer didn’t sound threatning but it sounded like a warning.... and in the spoiler tag is mentioning leaks don’t click if you’re critical about that stuff

The leaks have sfx files of Lilly screaming in pain and crying and eating like she was starved... idk... doesn’t sound like she’s with the raiders themselves to me

They should at least let us sit and talk to her about what happened

• edited September 2018

Don't make her the female Carver. She can be the season's main villain, but give her some depth, understandable motives, and an interesting dynamic with Clementine. Given the quality of writing we've gotten so far, I feel confident in that.

• Mostly saying that because a lot more time has past sense we last saw Lily, we didnt see Kenny for just over 2 years where we havent seen Lily in almost 7.

I mean Kenny didn't get a flashback episode in season 2, So I doubt they will give Lilly one. Especially considering that Kenny is way more popular amongst fans than Lilly is. And i'm saying that without any bias.

• I want to hear about where she's been and how she survived. I want to tell her about what happened to Lee and Kenny. And I want her to be the main antagonist throughout the season and have the option to give her a fitting death.

• Damn, kinda wish I got here when I saw it last night before bed. Egh.

• Yeah, every time they've had an opportunity to reform a previously antagonistic character, they either weren't very antagonistic to begin with, had little to no aspects of the original intention played up, get railroaded into not completing the turn, and/or just disappeared.

Seeing as Marlon never got his, let Lily be redeemed. We've never got an anti hero or villain that we can side with

• edited September 2018

I bet we wont even have a chance to kill Lilly. Maybe hurt, shot with arrow in the leg or something - but Lilly will survive entire season. She survived for 8 years! Who would she die now like that?

I think that it would be sooo cliche if another returning character would die after years of surviving in a moment when she meet again Clementine. TellTale wont do this again.

• edited September 2018

Considering that Marlon's crimes were more grave than Lilly's (at least in S1, as we have yet to know if she is an antagonist in S4), I'd say that Lilly has a better shot at earning her redemption than he did.

• Fully agreeing on this one.

I want to hear about where she's been and how she survived. I want to tell her about what happened to Lee and Kenny. And I want her to be the main antagonist throughout the season and have the option to give her a fitting death.

• True.
    Still kinda wish he or better yet Brodie were still around, though.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Considering that Marlon's crimes were more grave than Lilly's (at least in S1, as we have yet to know if she is an antagonist in S4), I'd say that Lilly has a better shot at earning her redemption than he did.

• edited September 2018

She'll oneshot Louis or Violet, get rid of the romance options just like she did to Lee. But nah, I think it'll be interesting to see her interactions with Clem depending on how Lee treated her. Her character can go either way at this point.

• I don't have any idea what they might do with her and that's probably a good thing. I think I set my expectations as low as possible to not get disappointed.

Well, as long as it is not handled like Morales in the tv show, i'm fine with anything really.

• i want them to 'write' her like her character , options to join her,options to hate her,Telltale have a gold nugget here, don't waste this

• Somebody explain me why does her character has to return in the first place? are they writers so desperate and out of ideas they have to bring old characters back from the long distant past in order to make an impression? did anyone forgot what a hateful bitch Lilly was? since the moment we meet her... like father like daughter... you couldnt do anything to please them. If it were for me, I would end her quickly, one shot in the face without giving her a chance to do anything, just like she did Carley's.

• And by AJ!

I think it'd be poetic if she mouths off like Carley did and gets shot in the same way that she killed Carley/Doug

• I want a joker situation like the batman game, where if you were either mostly pro Lilly or chose to take her in the generator she’ll be relatively kinder, and if you were mostly pro Kenny or chose to leave her in the generator she’ll be the bitter antagonist

• I really hope she's nicer to clem if Lee took her with him, my Lee actually was really close to lilly and asked to go with her on the RV so it wouldn't make sense for her to suddenly hate him.

I hope it will be like Bonnie in s2:

Lilly will still do the same things but instead of being like "Just leave her" she'll be like "I'm so sorry clem I didn't mean for this to happen"

• Sigh. Don't you perhaps think that even when you take her in it still seems somewhat negative? I notice you said 'relatively' so I can understand that but honestly since she ends up with the same people and the same outcomes occur from both decisions, I don't want two different Lilies. Besides, Clem and Lee are 2 different people. However, I am on board with being able to influence Lily's outlook on the school children and Clem.

Melton23 posted: »

I want a joker situation like the batman game, where if you were either mostly pro Lilly or chose to take her in the generator she’ll be rel

• If she does anything stupid I hope Rosie feasts on her

Sign in to comment in this discussion.