Clem vs Max (from Life is Strange) [Moved discussion from Meme thread]

2»

Comments

• [gives Dex-Starr the stink eye]

Dex-Starr posted: »

Yeah, it wasn’t meant to be a thread, but some IDIOT thought it’d be a good idea to make this a thread rather than letting it die in the other thread???‍♂️

• Strength
    Max=1/5. Very frail
    Clem=3/5. Clem was able to wrestle Marlon and shove Abel with ease
    Speed
    clem=2.5/5
    Max=2/5
    Tenacity
    Clem=5/5
    Max=5/5
    Combat
    Clem=5/5
    Max=1/5
    I think it’s pretty obvious who’d win

Max of course. She can fucking freeze time and rewind it

• Cannot hear a man in dress shoes walking on gravel coming up behind her...gets drugged...imagine now...that is Clem...being stealthy...puts a knife through the base of her skull...insta kill and severing the brain from the spine...just as Max starts to fall...Clem puts the knife in Chloe's back...lifting her off the ground as it goes through her heart and and grates against ribs allowing Clem to lift her up and then drop her on the stinking Rachel Amber corpse....Clem takes Chloe's gun and sneaks off. Mr. Jefferson shows up and is amazed to find out his job is already done...though he laments the missed chance to film Max. He goes and films Victoria and then buries her alive.

-fin

Strength Max=1/5. Very frail Clem=3/5. Clem was able to wrestle Marlon and shove Abel with ease Speed clem=2.5/5 Max=2/5 Tenacity Clem=5/5 Max=5/5 Combat Clem=5/5 Max=1/5 I think it’s pretty obvious who’d win (Spoiler)

• edited September 2018

You know I just started playing Life is Strange today, so I basically dont know anything about it yet and I can tell that Maxine ability is absolutely overpowered, manipulating time has to be one of the most powerful things ever. Maybe if she gets shot from behind after being caught off guard could be the only way Clementine could have to deal with Maxine, otherwise it would be a mismatch.

• This is a 1v1 fight to the death, where they are both aware of eachother. Why is everyone saying “if she gets her from behind”??

Cannot hear a man in dress shoes walking on gravel coming up behind her...gets drugged...imagine now...that is Clem...being stealthy...puts

• And when i played the game, I didn’t even hear Jefferson sneak up on her and I sit close to my tv. Besides you can barely hear his footsteps.

• edited September 2018

Well then if it's a 1v1 fight where they are both aware of each others, it is impossible for Clementine to deal with such godlike power that Maxine has.

This is a 1v1 fight to the death, where they are both aware of eachother. Why is everyone saying “if she gets her from behind”??

• I hear them fine on my PC

And when i played the game, I didn’t even hear Jefferson sneak up on her and I sit close to my tv. Besides you can barely hear his footsteps.

• When you first saw that scene, were you expecting somebody to pop up from behind her?

I hear them fine on my PC

• Sees a Clem vs Max discussion in memes "Okay...", sees a whole thread dedicated to that topic...

• Yes...they were fixated on the body and not being safe enough.

When you first saw that scene, were you expecting somebody to pop up from behind her?

• In a hand to hand battle without bullshittery Clem would fucking destroy Max, I mean Clem has been training in the apocalypse and shes super fit, while Max is a noodle. One punch in the face and she’s down.

• without bullshittery

Um, Max's powers are natural. They are part of her being, so she could use them if they were to fight hand-to-hand.

MrGraffio posted: »

In a hand to hand battle without bullshittery Clem would fucking destroy Max, I mean Clem has been training in the apocalypse and shes super fit, while Max is a noodle. One punch in the face and she’s down.

• Ok Max freezes time. Now what? She punch Clementine ripped bod with that noodle arms? She probably break her own arms

without bullshittery Um, Max's powers are natural. They are part of her being, so she could use them if they were to fight hand-to-hand.

• clem spent the last decade surviving across a post apocalyptic america. max spent her life in the suburbs of oregon.

• Ok Max freezes time. Now what?

She caves Clementine's chest in with a drop kick that's what :D .

Clementine ripped bod

That girl barely eats. She doesn't have any real muscle

Ok Max freezes time. Now what? She punch Clementine ripped bod with that noodle arms? She probably break her own arms

• Well she had enough musles to push down Marlon.

And also if Max attempted a drop kick she'll probably sprink her ankle trying to jump

Ok Max freezes time. Now what? She caves Clementine's chest in with a drop kick that's what . Clementine ripped bod That girl barely eats. She doesn't have any real muscle

• I think you confuse Max for this guy :D :D :D

She may be extremely thin and frail, but I think she's capable tearing someone a new asshole

Well she had enough musles to push down Marlon. And also if Max attempted a drop kick she'll probably sprink her ankle trying to jump

• ok then...Clem has a knife. We know how someone who brings punches to a knife fight ends...

I think you confuse Max for this guy She may be extremely thin and frail, but I think she's capable tearing someone a new asshole

• I accept this as canon.

Cannot hear a man in dress shoes walking on gravel coming up behind her...gets drugged...imagine now...that is Clem...being stealthy...puts

• edited September 2018

Clementine could be trained and able to fight whatsoever, but it means nothing if your opponent can just manipulate the time itself. She has no chance to withstand such overwhelming power, if Maxine can freeze the time (I just started playing Life is Strange, so far she only showed she can rewind time) she basically can do what she want to Clementine, she is totally defenseless. Maxine just stops the time, grabs a rock from the ground and smash it to Clementine's face while she cant react, dont even need to be muscular or whatsoever to do this kind of stuff, it is totally trivial fight for Maxine.

• ok but max has to spot clementine before rewinding. what if clem snek up behaind her?

Gauss99 posted: »

Clementine could be trained and able to fight whatsoever, but it means nothing if your opponent can just manipulate the time itself. She has

• I've been told that this ipotetic fight against those two characters takes place when both of them are aware of each others.
    The only hope Clementine has to beat Maxine is if she catches her off guard.

ok but max has to spot clementine before rewinding. what if clem snek up behaind her?

• And we already know it's not hard to sneak up on Max.

ok but max has to spot clementine before rewinding. what if clem snek up behaind her?

• I'm going to settle this... we already know Max has terrible reaction time. She needs to witness something bad to happen for the instincts to even kick in. Which means Clem doesn't even need to react. As long as the fight starts up close, Clem would destroy her.

• All of DontNod's characters are mannequins with dodgy facial expressions who look cheap when they cry. Daniel from LiS 2 and Chris look exactly the same if they had no clothes or hair on.

• Finally someone understands the true capacity of the Time Warrior :D

Gauss99 posted: »

Clementine could be trained and able to fight whatsoever, but it means nothing if your opponent can just manipulate the time itself. She has

• As long as the fight starts up close, Clem would destroy her

That’s if she can land a deciding blow on Max, one that’s hard enough to stop her right then and there.

All of DontNod's characters are mannequins with dodgy facial expressions who look cheap when they cry. Daniel from LiS 2 and Chris look exactly the same if they had no clothes or hair on.

Be that as it may?, it doesnt disprove the fact that the Blackwell ninja would annihilate Clem

Ghetsis posted: »

I'm going to settle this... we already know Max has terrible reaction time. She needs to witness something bad to happen for the instincts t

• Be that as it may?, it doesnt disprove the fact that the Blackwell ninja would annihilate Clem

Mate, Clem is the ninja here.

As long as the fight starts up close, Clem would destroy her That’s if she can land a deciding blow on Max, one that’s hard enough t

• Max was given the name “the Blackwell ninja”?, she didn’t make it up herself as joke to further smalltalk between her and a potential love interest like that filthy refugee Clementine

Ghetsis posted: »

Be that as it may?, it doesnt disprove the fact that the Blackwell ninja would annihilate Clem Mate, Clem is the ninja here.

• The only way Max win if she kill Clem with a cringe induced heart attack by saying "ready for the mosh pit shaka brah"

Max was given the name “the Blackwell ninja”?, she didn’t make it up herself as joke to further smalltalk between her and a potential love interest like that filthy refugee Clementine

• So I think at this point I think it's been conclusively proven that Clem would kill Max easily. Good thread and good work everyone.

• Can this thread die pls? I get a stroke every time I visit the walking dead section now and it isn’t nice

• Did you really just call Clementine a filthy refugee?

You are treading on some, mighty thin ice here Dex!

Max was given the name “the Blackwell ninja”?, she didn’t make it up herself as joke to further smalltalk between her and a potential love interest like that filthy refugee Clementine

• I think Clem is a really cool character, but when Max is added to the mix, she's nothing.

Jayroen posted: »

Did you really just call Clementine a filthy refugee? You are treading on some, mighty thin ice here Dex!

• Max vs Ellie vs Clem. Who is the best character?

I vote Clem.

• Hey now, Ellie vs Clem would be pretty balanced

bobshaw posted: »

Max vs Ellie vs Clem. Who is the best character? I vote Clem.

• Definitely Clem.

• No I don’t think so. The infected in TLOU are more fast and strong, meaning that someone living amongst them would get more fit and fast. Like I said it would be balanced.

Jayroen posted: »

Definitely Clem.

• Max. And theoretically, she could take both of them on at once and kill them. All it would take is her arm to be raised ever so slightly, and it'd be over for them. That'd be the last thing they ever saw. :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.