Comments

• I was wondering why Tenn, Sophie, and Minerva were there period.

But yeah, if I had to guess, they just had a Three Orphan Pilgrimage and ended up wandering into the Hunting Grounds.

As for Willy, well, I was kinda hoping he was a deliberately mystery for plot purposes, but Ruby debatebly puts some initial kibosh on that.

• Tenn, Sophie and Minerva were there before the apocalypse. You can find some pictures of them in the room where Clem wakes up.

DabigRG posted: »

I was wondering why Tenn, Sophie, and Minerva were there period. But yeah, if I had to guess, they just had a Three Orphan Pilgrimage and

• Tenn, Sophie and Minerva were there before the apocalypse. You can find some pictures of them in the room where Clem wakes up.

Oops.
    I'll have to see those pictures.

Tenn, Sophie and Minerva were there before the apocalypse. You can find some pictures of them in the room where Clem wakes up.

• edited August 2019

Tenn, Sophie and Minerva were there before the apocalypse. You can find some pictures of them in the room where Clem wakes up.

• A young Violet is in the album too though

• edited August 2019

A young Violet is in the album too though

• Honestly Ruby and Omar are even questionable. I think Ruby and Omar are around 13 or 14, which would have made them 5 or 6 when shit went down, still too young to be considered a troubled youth and sent off to a boarding school. Hell, even kids at Clem's age at the time of the outbreak are too young to be considered troubled and sent to boarding school because of it imo. That's something you do with preteens and teens who are out of control, not little kids around 8 and 9.

• edited August 2019

Honestly Ruby and Omar are even questionable. I think Ruby and Omar are around 13 or 14, which would have made them 5 or 6 when shit went do

• In France, there are special schools for unruly children.
    The youngest children are 7, 8 years old!

• edited August 2019

Supertialex posted: »

In France, there are special schools for unruly children. The youngest children are 7, 8 years old!

• edited August 2019

• Wily at least seems to have some degree of recklessness and anger issues of his own.
    Tenn is still a mystery, as are Sophie and Minerva.

• Tenn could have burned somone’s house down on purpose.

DabigRG posted: »

Wily at least seems to have some degree of recklessness and anger issues of his own. Tenn is still a mystery, as are Sophie and Minerva.

• Even if he had, he'd have been 3 at most when shit went down. You don't send 3 year old kids to boarding schools as troubled youth.

Tenn could have burned somone’s house down on purpose.

• Closest reason I can think of that would excuse it. Perhaps he could have been an exception? I believe it more than whatever reason Rubie was sent there for.

Even if he had, he'd have been 3 at most when shit went down. You don't send 3 year old kids to boarding schools as troubled youth.

• edited August 2019

Closest reason I can think of that would excuse it. Perhaps he could have been an exception? I believe it more than whatever reason Rubie was sent there for.

• There are states out there that have different laws, so perhaps this Boarding School was extreme in it’s policies. The slightest reason being reason enough.

• But 3 is too young for any kid to be considered "troubled." 3 year old kids are barely more than toddlers and don't have the mental capacity to be "troubled."

Closest reason I can think of that would excuse it. Perhaps he could have been an exception? I believe it more than whatever reason Rubie was sent there for.

• When it all went down, a family must have brought him then. Only real explanation that is realistic.

But 3 is too young for any kid to be considered "troubled." 3 year old kids are barely more than toddlers and don't have the mental capacity to be "troubled."

• But his sisters were there.

I had an idea, that may turn into a headcanon if the season is never finished or if it's never explained, that Tenn's mother/father/parents were going to get the twins when shit went down, got close to the school but crashed their car, it caught fire, and only Tenn made it out alive but badly burned. Tenn was found by the other kids (or the nurse now that she's an option) and brought to the school to recover and live with his sisters.

When it all went down, a family must have brought him then. Only real explanation that is realistic.

• But then how did Tenn’s sisters get there if his parents didn’t survive to get them?

But his sisters were there. I had an idea, that may turn into a headcanon if the season is never finished or if it's never explained, tha

• edited September 2018

Sisters were already there... The idea is shit starts going down and their parents are trying to get to the school to pick them up and not abandon them there. I imagine that's what happened with all the kids' parents. Any that didn't die in the initial outbreak confusion died trying to get to the school to get their kids.

But then how did Tenn’s sisters get there if his parents didn’t survive to get them?

• This is definitely my canon for Tenn, even if it turns out to be something else

Sisters were already there... The idea is shit starts going down and their parents are trying to get to the school to pick them up and not a

• edited September 2018

Violet tends to constantly sound like she's some form of apathetic/depressive, is pretty coldly abrasive at times and can be downright perverse(not the word I wanted to use, but it'll fit half of it for now) at others, while Louis seems to be not so much lazy as casually rebellious with a occasional tendency to get a rise out of people for no real reason.
    I can see why both could be seen as a problem.

• edited August 2019

• Louis said in ep2 that Tenn was around AJ's age (or... "around his size" anyway) when he first got to the school, which means Tenn would've been around five or six, I guess. Which - if it's been 8 years or so since season 1, episode 1 - means Tenn should be around 13 or 14... He doesn't LOOK 13 or 14, but well. Telltale isn't always great at this sort of thing (putting 8 year old Clem in 1st grade for example).

Still not sure whether a 5 or 6 year old kid should be classed as "troubled youth" and sent to a boarding school, but it is what it is.

• edited August 2019

Louis said in ep2 that Tenn was around AJ's age (or... "around his size" anyway) when he first got to the school, which means Tenn would've

• Shit... it's like they never put in any effort to check little details like that and it's the little details that can break a game. They can take a truly excellent game and turn it into a just ok game, or a fine game and turn it into a bad game.

• There's also 15 year old Sarah(& the possibly as old if not younger Becca) and Violet being so skinny that they'd pass for 12 instead.

Louis said in ep2 that Tenn was around AJ's age (or... "around his size" anyway) when he first got to the school, which means Tenn would've

• Pretty sure Minnie and Sophie would have gone in search of their family and bought Ten back with them after presumably loosing their parents. As for Willy, I would imagine it was a similar situation to Clem and that he was rescued by the others.

• edited August 2019

Pretty sure Minnie and Sophie would have gone in search of their family and bought Ten back with them after presumably loosing their parents. As for Willy, I would imagine it was a similar situation to Clem and that he was rescued by the others.

• edited September 2018

It could be parents that neglect their children send them to a boarding school
    Parents that want to push a strong discipline upon their children would also send them to such a school.
    Finally they could be orphans of some kind since there are dorms there too that let them stay there this is a maybe I don't know how that works but going with it.
    Kids that are accused or wrongly accused of a crime maybe?

So it's not necessarily the kids have to be problem kids. But Tenn doesn't seem all that right either. And Willy got that Tom Sawyer vibe.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited September 2018

I don't get people saying that 7-8 year olds can't be considered troubled youths. Regardless of age, there's all kinds of deviant behavior kids can get up to. Anger issues, anxiety issues, social issues... those are not age exclusive problems. This school was likely intended for younger people within the 7-10 age bracket, if I had to guess. And I can tell you from experience, kids can most certainly be troubled at those ages, without a doubt. And as some people have mentioned, just because it's a school for troubled kids doesn't necessarily mean that's the only reason parents send them there. If they believe their kid needs discipline, or if they're just neglectful parents that can't find time to properly raise them, they can get them enrolled as well. If anything, that probably explains why kids like Ruby or Aasim are there. Those two seem quite normal and level-headed.

• They look way older than 14. They have to be if they have been there for a long time and were there when the teachers were.

Honestly Ruby and Omar are even questionable. I think Ruby and Omar are around 13 or 14, which would have made them 5 or 6 when shit went do

• It wouldn't have been at the very beginning when everyone didn't know what was really going on and thought it would all blow over. It would have been further down the line when there were no adults left and Miss Martin was missing. We know many others have gone in search of loved ones. It may have even been the other way round with Tenn and his parents trying to reach Minnie and Sophie, dying along the way (possibly where Ten got his scar/burns) possibly not even reaching the school but being stumbled on purely by chance by the Ericsons out on a raid/hunt. The safezone did used to be much bigger after all.

• I know but look at Ruby next to Clem. Ruby looks so much younger. I think TellTale fucked up with the school and the kids and all. Really none of them should have been in a boarding school for troubled kids when the zombies started. They were ALL too young.

They look way older than 14. They have to be if they have been there for a long time and were there when the teachers were.

• After episode 2 im thinking that maybe ms martin found tenn, minnie and Sophie while she was still alive ((Maybe she left with some of the kids to Hunt and found them by chance considering how the safety line wasnt a thing at that point.)) But that s Just my theory.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.