Free Collector Disc

edited November 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
Hello,

I bought Wallace & Gromit with the 50% coupon (thank you telltale) and I see "Four Full game for 34,95$ (INCLUDE FREE COLLECTOR DISCO".

Since I'm newbie with telltale method, I would like to know what I must make to receive the Wallace&Gromit cd? I know I have to pay the shipping but I don't see the button to receive it.

Could you help me please?

Greetings,

Comments

• edited September 2009
    It's not out yet (the disc is always released a few weeks after the series is finished). When the disc is ready, you'll get a mail inviting you to "buy" the disc for $0+shipping.
  • edited September 2009
    I'm getting a bit impatient with telltale, because i seriously can't wait for this DVD. But getting Monkey island 1 for free on saturday will assuage me for a little while.
  • edited September 2009
    It's not out yet (the disc is always released a few weeks after the series is finished). When the disc is ready, you'll get a mail inviting you to "buy" the disc for $0+shipping.

s/a few weeks/a few months/

Telltale love to put special effort into their Collector's DVDs so they spend a few months making sure there's lots of cool bonus stuff to add.

I wouldn't expect the ToMI DVD to be out until next year sometime. Wallace and Gromit? Maybe by the end of the year.

In the meantime, why not buy the Sam and Max Season 1 & 2 DVDs, and the Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People DVD?
  • edited September 2009
    Sam and Max is pretty awesome. Almost as good as monkey island. And for half price, it's even better.

Don't get strong bad.

How much is the cost of shipping to Australia? Anyone know?

Oh, Molokov, you would. How much was it?
  • edited September 2009
    Fury wrote: »
    How much is the cost of shipping to Australia? Anyone know?

I think it was in the $10 region (going off my Sam & Max Season 2 disc) but don't quote me on that.

Edit: $10.23USD to be precise.
  • edited September 2009
    Shipping to Australia is US$10. So about AU$15.

A lot of the time I end up ordering other physical goods from the Telltale store at the same time... or waiting until they have a free shipping sale or something :)
  • edited October 2009
    Molokov wrote: »
    Shipping to Australia is US$10. So about AU$15.

A lot of the time I end up ordering other physical goods from the Telltale store at the same time... or waiting until they have a free shipping sale or something :)

I fall for that every time* ;)
    Order Sam and Max Season 1 disc, get the Art of S&M book, season 1 goodies as well..

Order Season 2 disc, get the surfing the highway, season 2 goodies, and wallace and gromit season (oops)

Looking forward to that disc.. but hopefully I can hold off to get Monkey Island disc at the same time =)

*not that I'm complaining..
  • edited October 2009
    I'll be waiting and ordering a pile of discs at the same time, W&G, TOMI and Strong Bad. I ordered the S&M season 2 DVD on it's own just to see

Free shipping sales you say, please go on....
  • edited October 2009
    JedExodus wrote: »
    I'll be waiting and ordering a pile of discs at the same time, W&G, TOMI and Strong Bad. I ordered the S&M season 2 DVD on it's own just to see

Free shipping sales you say, please go on....

I remember they had a sale involving free shipping one time, but only if you ordered a certain amount or something, and I'm not sure if it counted for overseas shipping or just domestic.
  • edited October 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    I remember they had a sale involving free shipping one time, but only if you ordered a certain amount or something, and I'm not sure if it counted for overseas shipping or just domestic.
    When the Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People DVD came into the store, all orders over $25 got free shipping. I don't think they even had to include the SBCG4AP DVD.

Oh, and yes it worked for international shipping. Our non-American members were freaking out about that one.

Source: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-445

For a source for the international shipping, check Molokov's comment on that blog post.
  • edited October 2009
    Nice one, there's some stuff i've been eyeing up in the store but've been put off by the shipping costs, if they do something similar to this when TOMI's DVD or W&G comes out i'll flip!
  • edited October 2009
    Hi guys,
    I purchased this Wallace & Gromit game and I wondered if the collectors Cd is out yet? if it did, I didn't got any mail regarding that. Where can i ask for this mail?

Thanks,
    Tuval.
  • edited October 2009
    Tuval wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I purchased this Wallace & Gromit game and I wondered if the collectors Cd is out yet? if it did, I didn't got any mail regarding that. Where can i ask for this mail?

Thanks,
    Tuval.
    It's not out yet. If you've bought the season, I think you should get an e-mail when the DVD is ready to order. Not completely sure about that, though.

You can also subscribe to the newsletter, if you like.

http://www.telltalegames.com/mytelltale/subscriptions/
  • edited October 2009
    Ok, Thanks for the info.
  • edited October 2009
    Free shipping would have been AWESOME =)

Digital River is quite expensive.. I've never ordered anything from a company that used them for fulfillment and gotten reasonable international mail prices.. ah well.. will have to buy in bulk and save :p
  • edited October 2009
    I know its spanish or whatever, but I can just imagine a collectors-only disco place where people dance.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2009
    Camerooni wrote: »
    Digital River is quite expensive.. I've never ordered anything from a company that used them for fulfillment and gotten reasonable international mail prices.. ah well.. will have to buy in bulk and save :p

Telltale doesn't use Digital River for fulfillment anymore (and hasn't for a couple of years now).
  • edited October 2009
    Sorry if I sound whiny, but is there an ETA on the disc? What with Christmas coming up an' all....
  • edited October 2009
    Sorry if I sound whiny, but is there an ETA on the disc? What with Christmas coming up an' all....

Nobody knows yet. You'd think they'd have it by Christmas but who knows. It could take a week or it could take six months. Maybe they are waiting for Monkey Island to finish so they can release them both at the same time.
  • edited October 2009
    We don't have any clue. The SBCG4AP series ended in December 2008, the DVD wasn't being shipped until June 2009, for one frame of reference.
  • edited October 2009
    We don't have any clue. The SBCG4AP series ended in December 2008, the DVD wasn't being shipped until June 2009, for one frame of reference.

I say that it was worth the wait!
  • edited October 2009
    For those who don't read the blogs Telltale announced that on the 4th of November they will start taking orders for the Wallace & Gromit Series Collector's DVD.
  • edited October 2009
    I say that it was worth the wait!

Really? The SBCG4AP disc was so bare bones. Basically it just had the trailers and SB videos from the site, there was little if anything created specifically for the disc. I really hope that was a one time occourance, because the 2 S&M discs were great.
  • edited October 2009
    EMAN528 wrote: »
    Really? The SBCG4AP disc was so bare bones. Basically it just had the trailers and SB videos from the site, there was little if anything created specifically for the disc. I really hope that was a one time occourance, because the 2 S&M discs were great.

It has other stuff, but hidden. It has the Dangeresque roomisode as an easter egg.
  • edited November 2009
    It has other stuff, but hidden. It has the Dangeresque roomisode as an easter egg.
    Even that's pretty sparse, and not really exclusive to the disc. As cute as the Videlectrix launcher and the reversible cover were...it was below the bar of expectation set by Sam and Max.
  • edited November 2009
    Even that's pretty sparse, and not really exclusive to the disc. As cute as the Videlectrix launcher and the reversible cover were...it was below the bar of expectation set by Sam and Max.

Not a whole lot on the Sam and Max discs is exclusive to the discs either. 95% of the features can be seen right here on the site for free.
  • edited November 2009
    Not a whole lot on the Sam and Max discs is exclusive to the discs either. 95% of the features can be seen right here on the site for free.

While that is true, most of those fetures were created for the disc to begin with and were put on the site as part of the Summer of Sam and Max. The second season disc has a ton of content and easter eggs that are nowhere to be seen on the site. Mostly nothing from the SB DVD was made especially for the disc except for the cover, menus, and credits and there are no commentaries to be found for each episode. I still proudly display the disc on my telltale shelf, but compared to the other 2 it is very basic.
  • edited November 2009
    EMAN528 wrote: »
    While that is true, most of those fetures were created for the disc to begin with and were put on the site as part of the Summer of Sam and Max. The second season disc has a ton of content and easter eggs that are nowhere to be seen on the site. Mostly nothing from the SB DVD was made especially for the disc except for the cover, menus, and credits and there are no commentaries to be found for each episode. I still proudly display the disc on my telltale shelf, but compared to the other 2 it is very basic.
    You forgot the anaglyph 3D Dangeresque, but yeah. I think that was the only "content" made for the disks alone.
  • edited November 2009
    Hmm. I don't seem to be able to get the free disc, though I've purchased all 4 episodes individually.

Well, it's only in the pre-order phase now, so maybe this will be looked into.
  • edited November 2009
    Gibbeynator, send an email to support, they should be able to fix it for you.
  • edited November 2009
    lll
  • edited November 2009
    Hi,

I ordered the disc for the cost of shipping and handling, but it says that it is back ordered. Is this because they are getting all the pre-orders between now and the 8th, before shipping the free disc? When will it be mailed? When is the release date?:)
  • edited November 2009
    Yep, this is just taking pre-orders to have an idea of how many discs there should be in the initial shipping, which will take place in December.
  • edited November 2009
    Where do I go to order the disc for the price of shipping? I previously got all 4 episodes (but separately).

When I go to http://www.telltalegames.com/wallaceandgromit20th and click on Order it Now, it adds it to my cart for $19.95.
  • edited November 2009
    peEtr, that's the exact problem I mentioned in the other thread. I've reported it by email to the technical bods, but I get the impression from remarks people have made here that they might already be aware
  • edited November 2009
    That's interesting. I didn't have any problem, the website was already set for me to get the game for the cost of shipping. I didn't have to do anything. I clicked for the DVD, when it added it to the cart, it came up $0.00. I think the thing is you need to send an email to support with the order numbers attached, and they will look it up and then send you a coupon code. That is what I had to do with Sam and Max Season 2 DVD since i bought all 5 episodes separately. They were really quick in sending the DVD. I was very pleased with their support team. I think Telltale totally rocks!:) I can't wait till they come out with some new games. I look forward to it, every game i have bought from Telltale have been some of the best games i have ever bought and played. Keep Up the Good Work Telltale!!:):cool:
  • edited November 2009
    Happy 20th Anniversary Wallace and Gromit!!!!
  • edited November 2009
    WesMote44 wrote: »
    That's interesting. I didn't have any problem, the website was already set for me to get the game for the cost of shipping. I didn't have to do anything. I clicked for the DVD, when it added it to the cart, it came up $0.00.

That happens automaticaly when you buy the season, but not the 4 episodes separately.

Ussually, the guys at Telltale are nice enough to help you out with this, so, is just a matter of send to them a e-mail to support about it.
  • edited November 2009
    Would be nice to know if the dvd is there a plan to release it before christmas (and time to ship it). Have plan early for christmas presents...
  • edited November 2009
    No "Buy Over 25 dollars and get rid of Shipping Costs" deal?

That kinda sucks, but ah well. Shipping isn't much.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.