Will they finish The Walking Dead Game?

edited September 2018 in The Walking Dead

Hey Guys, so Telltales just admitted that they are shutting down. They were vague on if they would be completing the Telltale games or not.. Anyone know if they are finishing it or we'll just get one more episode?

Comments

• Yes. They will be finishing TFS. But Wolf S2, Stranger Things, GOT S2, etc are all cancelled.

• Ok, I've heard both.. that they will only do one episode..and they will finish it..

Mattsag207 posted: »

Yes. They will be finishing TFS. But Wolf S2, Stranger Things, GOT S2, etc are all cancelled.

• We don't know this, their official statement on twitter didn't really clarify. If anything, we should wait for EP2's release and we'll probably get to know. Or maybe even sooner.

• Telltale said news regarding their ongoing portfolio will come in the coming weeks.

I don't think they will finish it.

• Lilly in flames represents so much now ..

• Someone tweeted about a “skeleton crew” of 25 people finishing up the game, is that not true?

• edited September 2018

It is, but if they don't have the budget then they can't work. Especially, since the news was as much of a surprise for the people at telltale as it was for us.

Someone tweeted about a “skeleton crew” of 25 people finishing up the game, is that not true?

• Can’t skybound pitch in? I, and many others, became fans of the franchise because of Telltale’s games. I imagine they would do something.

GSSalvador posted: »

It is, but if they don't have the budget then they can't work. Especially, since the news was as much of a surprise for the people at telltale as it was for us.

• I'd happily donate £100 to them to finish off TFS to the best of their abilities.

• I’m sure Skybound is helping them develop TFS. As for the whole company, I don’t think they can do much.

Can’t skybound pitch in? I, and many others, became fans of the franchise because of Telltale’s games. I imagine they would do something.

• edited September 2018

I know they can’t save Telltale but couldn’t they make sure the rest of TFS is well funded and such. I feel like they wouldn’t just let the series forever be unfinished.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I’m sure Skybound is helping them develop TFS. As for the whole company, I don’t think they can do much.

• Skybound has to be able to fund them for the remainder somehow. be a dick move to just abandon them at such a critical moment.

• I mean, maybe? I just don't know if Skybound is really willing to put in money into a project, that's doomed from the beginning. They could do it, but chances are that it wouldn't be enough to make the remaining episodes as good as possible. Especially with only a fraction of menpower behind it.

Can’t skybound pitch in? I, and many others, became fans of the franchise because of Telltale’s games. I imagine they would do something.

• From a business standpoint, It doesn't make any sense to continue to fund it if they can't afford it already. They are bankrupting so the business is shutting down regardless, they said the sales aren't there so it's not really an incentive because the game isn't being bought.. Don't get me wrong.. I /really really/ want them to finish it. This is my favorite game by far.. but I just fear they wont.

• Wasn’t TFTB’s final episode made by 15 people or something? If Skybound can fund the remaining 25 people along with whatever funding Telltale has left couldn’t they pull it off? They could throw in some delays as well if that’s what it takes.

I mean, maybe? I just don't know if Skybound is really willing to put in money into a project, that's doomed from the beginning. They could

• They could. It's not like the remaining Episodes weren't been working on before. Since all those people were fired TODAY they must've been deep in developing the other episodes.

Episode 2 is finished and comes out on tuesday.
    Episode 3 should be pretty far, too, since it releases in early November.
    Episode 4, however, will suffer the most from this.

Wasn’t TFTB’s final episode made by 15 people or something? If Skybound can fund the remaining 25 people along with whatever funding Telltale has left couldn’t they pull it off? They could throw in some delays as well if that’s what it takes.

• This is soo sad =(

• Man i expected at least a sequel to GoTG TT game next year, but this news threw me off for an hour now, first i saw it on the news, then on instagram and now in the community, they gutted 250 people in TT to just 25!!!!, wtf!!!

• edited September 2018

I think they choose to make only 4 episodes already knowing about all this.

• theres been several sources that have confirmed that it's not goingto be finished including voice cast, developers, and others.

bluewalker posted: »

I think they choose to make only 4 episodes already knowing about all this.

• Yeah but the game is still being sold for some weird reason. They are technically selling a product that won't be finished (as it seems for now). This is almost as bad as Kingdom Come Deliverance when that game came out but this is the downfall of an entire studio. Makes no sense if the retailers know of this issue but keeps selling a half done product. This entire ordeal makes my head spin.

• I hadn't heard anything abotu KC:D being incomplete on release, what did I miss?

AnniePannie posted: »

Yeah but the game is still being sold for some weird reason. They are technically selling a product that won't be finished (as it seems for

• The game was literally unplayable on release, people didn't get to play for long before it was fucking crashing. The far and beyond glitches and how items for the end game were obtainable within the first 30 mins. Also that ending, basically gonna have to wait for "dlc" or another new game. The forums were on fire with the game and there are supposedly still missing items for your horse. Incomplete releases and episodic games need to be clear, you finish the game and then hold it back until the said date to release. Incomplete games should always have that WARNING unless it's a preview game such as Subnautica or Battle unkown. The final season of the walking dead is now being dragged in the mud, fans are livid, employees are confused and without a job and there is literally zero to no information that have been properly confirmed. Several news claim they are shutting down, games canceled left, right and center while others claim it's done after the season. This entire ordeal spins my head and make me doubt pre orders. Mass effect andromeda is a fucking mess, let's not make more of them. The gaming industry is getting pretty fucking shady. DLCs within DLC, less than what you pay for and so on. This is getting out of control. Yet, watch this be a fucking public stunt for the company that backfired. Wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Prince_Ire posted: »

I hadn't heard anything abotu KC:D being incomplete on release, what did I miss?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.