Telltale will not deliver ep.2 of twd

I have the disgusting feeling that they will says tomorrow that the release of episode 2 will be canceled. who else?

Comments

• God I hope not. That will be the ultimate slap in the face

• But it’s already done! They have to! Someone has to!
    Jesus.

• ep 2 is the last episode

• This is getting quite ridiculous guys. Episode 3 and 4 might not be delievered, but there's no way that they wouldn't release an episode which is already completed.

• Well it could get wrapped up in the legal issues of bankruptcy.

• oh god please no

• You want me to go to jail on account of murder? Cuz that's what will happen.

• TWAU was supposed to happen next year before some hours ago, TWD to be the final project few hours ago... Already saw a game canceled few days before it's official release

...Nothing is for granted

MaxTheFax posted: »

ep 2 is the last episode

• Ep 2 is finished and set to release Tuesday. There's absolutely no reason for them to not release it. Episodes 3 and 4 are much less likely to see release but I'm 100% confident that episode 2 will be released as scheduled.

• who know

Ep 2 is finished and set to release Tuesday. There's absolutely no reason for them to not release it. Episodes 3 and 4 are much less likely to see release but I'm 100% confident that episode 2 will be released as scheduled.

• You guys are just making shit up now. Trailer is released, promo materials are out, episode 2 is coming Tuesday.

• The company is already dead, we should get it now as a favor for not getting our full money’s worth.

You guys are just making shit up now. Trailer is released, promo materials are out, episode 2 is coming Tuesday.

• There's a pretty big reason. Telltale filed for bankruptcy, it's not impossible that there might be legal problems despite the product being finished.

However, I do believe that Episode 2 will still happen.

Ep 2 is finished and set to release Tuesday. There's absolutely no reason for them to not release it. Episodes 3 and 4 are much less likely to see release but I'm 100% confident that episode 2 will be released as scheduled.

• edited September 2018

According to the statement released by CEO Pete Hawley: 25 employees are "staying on to fulfill the company's obligations to its board and partners." What do you think these "obligations" entail? TFS is the only partially-released/pending title, correct?

Unlike TWAU 2 (which is still in an earlier stage of development), cancelling TFS now would require them to refund everyone who purchased the game...which would negatively impact the bottom line of those board members and partners. Finishing the game and keeping those profits for the stakeholders sounds like an "obligation" to me....everyone needs to chill out. We'll see all 4 episodes.

• I bought the season pass so they better release every chapter.

• Episode 2 is definitely still happening, as for the following episodes I'm not sure to be honest. We'll find out in the coming days though, hopefully as soon as tomorrow.

• episodes 3 and 4 gameplay average time: 15 minutes

Pahn711 posted: »

According to the statement released by CEO Pete Hawley: 25 employees are "staying on to fulfill the company's obligations to its board and p

• stop making these threads with these clickbait titles.

• I ran out the math in another thread, if the sales numbers I saw were accurate, they'd actually save money by laying off everyone and refunding the money rather than continue with development. I saw 100k as the number of copies sold. That's only 2 million dollars in sales, and that's not accounting for it being on sale nor retail fees. They took in a good deal less than 2 million. With their staff size, it'd have cost them over 2.25 million just to finish it from where it is now. Cancelling and laying everyone off saves them over a quarter million dollars. That's how they fulfill obligations to the board, save as much money as possible. The fact that they haven't even officially announced the cancellation is probably due to them waiting until ep 2 is out as they try to find some legal loophole allowing them to keep the money from the preorders, or at least keep as much as possible, which is another way they fulfill their obligation to their board.

According to the statement released by CEO Pete Hawley: 25 employees are "staying on to fulfill the company's obligations to its board and p

• Unless you have a inside knowledge regarding how far into development episodes 3 and 4 are...your math is useless. I assume they must be close to a finished product if the plan was to release each episode a month apart.

I ran out the math in another thread, if the sales numbers I saw were accurate, they'd actually save money by laying off everyone and refund

• A slap and a spit too

God I hope not. That will be the ultimate slap in the face

• They were scheduled to release right up to just before christmas. They work on their episodes up to the week before release, which means they'd need to pay their 150+ employees for 3 more months. At a low ball estimate of 60k per year per employee, that's 5k each for 3 months, 15k each. Totalled out, it's 2.25m to keep the team around to fully complete episodes 3 and 4.

Unless you have a inside knowledge regarding how far into development episodes 3 and 4 are...your math is useless. I assume they must be close to a finished product if the plan was to release each episode a month apart.

• Well shit...you are doing a great job of eliminating any hope I have left...

They were scheduled to release right up to just before christmas. They work on their episodes up to the week before release, which means the

• Yeah. Sorry about that. Facts suck sometimes.

Well shit...you are doing a great job of eliminating any hope I have left...

• Better than nothing.

CathalOHara posted: »

Episode 2 is definitely still happening, as for the following episodes I'm not sure to be honest. We'll find out in the coming days though, hopefully as soon as tomorrow.

• edited September 2018

Emily Grace Buck said on Twitter that it seems likely that ep 2 will be released, but she didn't say anything about the rest of TWDG

ETA: Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they release ep 2 in order to gain some money

• They 100% cant cancel season 4, people have bought season passes for a certain amount of content, they cant just stop after charging people.

However, it does mean episode 3 and 4 may drop in quality.

• edited September 2018

The "company's obligations to its board and partners" is referring to the Netflix Minecraft: Story Mode project. Netflix is the partner they have an obligation to, probably a contractual obligation to provide the product as agreed.

• And they don't have an obligation to, ya know, the people they sold their product to? Nice world we life in.

The "company's obligations to its board and partners" is referring to the Netflix Minecraft: Story Mode project. Netflix is the partner they have an obligation to, probably a contractual obligation to provide the product as agreed.

• Unfortunately not, we're only customers and not business partners like Netflix who can sign them under piles of paperwork to get a finished product no matter what. I'm sure the legal consequence of not providing a finished product to Netflix are dire enough that they needed to keep 25 people on to finish it. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Jayroen posted: »

And they don't have an obligation to, ya know, the people they sold their product to? Nice world we life in.

• You should really get some sleep m8

Jayroen posted: »

And they don't have an obligation to, ya know, the people they sold their product to? Nice world we life in.

• I really hope your right, or Telltale is going to have a shitstorm on their hands.

Poogers555 posted: »

They 100% cant cancel season 4, people have bought season passes for a certain amount of content, they cant just stop after charging people. However, it does mean episode 3 and 4 may drop in quality.

• Pretty sure the sun is about to come back up, I just can't sleep when I'm pissed off about something. I'll be fine.

You should really get some sleep m8

• Only problem with that idea is, they already got their money for episode 2.

Emily Grace Buck said on Twitter that it seems likely that ep 2 will be released, but she didn't say anything about the rest of TWDG ETA: Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they release ep 2 in order to gain some money

Sign in to comment in this discussion.