Goodbye, everyone.

I'm not sure how many of you are still left. How many of the people I hung out with here on these forums back when I was fourteen years old. Five years ago now. But I heard the dire news and I decided that I should make a post. I'm nineteen now. I know that none of you remember me, or have ever even probably seen a post from me, because all of my posts date back to a long time ago, but a very long time ago I hung out in these forums because they were sort of a comfortable place for me. I was bullied a lot in highschool, and I came to this site as an escape to hang out and talk about my favorite games. Back then, it was TWD season 1, and TWD season 2.

I know that none of the people I shitposted with back in the day (of like 2013 or something) are still here, but I want to thank you guys, whether new or old, for providing a place for other people to hang out and chat about telltale games. You guys might not understand how important it is, but I do. This forum was so important to me because it made me feel like I had friends. Those friends are gone now, but they had such an important impact on my life. Just like the impact I'm sure you guys have had on each other, especially if you're young like I was back then.

So I guess this is more of a thank you, than a goodbye. I know I'm rambling, but thank you guys.

Thank you for everything.

Comments

• Reaching out to you and sending love ❤️ Remember the good times, cause those are the only time worth reliving.

God bless you. I wish the best for you moving forward.

• Clementine will forever have a place in my heart

• Goodbye was good while it lasted .... (crying a lot)

• Hersani will remember that.

Leegendary posted: »

Clementine will forever have a place in my heart

• Sorry if this isn't entirely coherent, I did shed a tear while writing this. This will be my final post on the forums, unless by some divine miracle the Final Season will be finished, which isn't going to happen. Things were just looking you for Telltale as a whole and in one single day it all goes down the fucking toilet. The past two hours have been pretty depressing for me as I feel, through good times and bad I've never strayed from the forums and have loved my interactions on here for the better part of 4 years. Having played Done Running and loved it finally at once re connected with a franchise I thought had lost all of its charm and once again re bonded with Clementine just to have it all ripped away. Clementine will never get a conclusion, unless she dies in this episode and Telltale's ship is sunk. It physically hurts to think that this is the reality of the situation and that us fans have been robbed of what may have been the greatest game in Telltale's existence to finally redeem themselves just gone in an instant. I've cherished my time on these forums and interacting with the fan base, through good times and bad. I wish all layed off TTG employees the best as well as the rest of their fan base. It seems like so much in my life has happened since joining from nerdy, shy, outcast to a soon to be father. This has been a great experience. It's been a real 4 years. Goodbye ?

• I was a sophomore in high school when I got into Telltale (through TWD1 of course) and now I'm an adult in the working world. These games were a huge part of me. I'll miss them so much.

• You and I never interacted I don't think, but we're all here together now as TT sinks down into the abyss.

And for what it was, it was good.

• Well first it was the Bioware forum, and soon this one will follow. I guess I'm going to have to find another new place to hang out. I'll probably lurk on the cyberpunk forum.

• But Bioware fans have BSN now. Even though the old forum was closed down, a new (unofficial) one was created by Bioware fans/ players.

I hope something similar happens with this community if this board/ site gets shut down. Even if talking about new or upcoming Telltale games won't be an option anymore, it'd be nice to keep together the positive and amazing gaming community that's been found here for so long!

• Yeah the BSN is basically dead. It's a husk of the former Bioware forum.

• And really...you think about it...how long til EA kills off Bioware?

MosesARose posted: »

Yeah the BSN is basically dead. It's a husk of the former Bioware forum.

• I'd say after Anthem fails lol.

And really...you think about it...how long til EA kills off Bioware?

• edited September 2018

Hey @Melton23 if you want to you can join this discord https://discord.gg/HqXWHsb in case of these forums shutting down, a lot of people are discussing stuff there.

• I’ve already joined it ? I doubt this place will get shut down. The mods pretty much own it now if telltale are really gone for good, and if it were shutting down then we’d know about it by now ? so there’s some good signs there

NexusFire posted: »

Hey @Melton23 if you want to you can join this discord https://discord.gg/HqXWHsb in case of these forums shutting down, a lot of people are discussing stuff there.

• Is your nickname the same on discord as here? Cause I have not seen you there.

Melton23 posted: »

I’ve already joined it ? I doubt this place will get shut down. The mods pretty much own it now if telltale are really gone for good, and if it were shutting down then we’d know about it by now ? so there’s some good signs there

• My nickname has changed a lot in the past. I’ll let u guys know if it does, it’s currently papa Melton

NexusFire posted: »

Is your nickname the same on discord as here? Cause I have not seen you there.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.