Can we just calm down for a second

My god. I've seen so many rumors being thrown back and forth about Telltale since they announced that they were closing and seriously, we need to calm down and seriously think about this for a second.

Let's get this out of the way first, yes, Telltale is shutting down. We know this. Moving on.

Now let's talk about TWD and where it stands in all of this. The original thought process was that Telltale was gonna finish The Final Season and all future projects would be cancelled, including Wolf Among Us S2 and the Stranger Things game. The remaining 25 employees would finish TFS and be done.

Now, a new statement has been going around that The Final Season is cancelled and Episode 2 would be the final episode. Hell, I've heard The Final Season was cancelled in exchange for the Minecraft Story Mode Netflix series. Can I just explain how ridiculous this is? TFS being cancelled? Really? I think it's pretty obvious that if TFS were to be cancelled, refunds would be in order. If Episodes 3 and 4 aren't released, then everyone who bought the Season Pass would be legally allowed to get a refund or a partial refund. And as far as I know, Episodes 3 and 4 should be done already, they just need to be polished. And can Telltale even afford giving people refunds? I mean jesus they filed for bankruptcy. This just sounds so stupid.

Please wait for an official statement from Telltale before going nuts ok. I personally believe TFS is still happening and it getting cancelled just sounds dumb, but still, we never know.

If you have any other thoughts or proof to either one of these things being real, please respond to this. I would love to hear what you guys have to say.

Comments

• I am still waiting for confirmation from the CEO,right now and I hope The Final Season Is Not Cancelled.

• Yeah. All we can do is wait. Pete really needed to be more specific about the situation and the walking dead's fate. Just made everyone more confused.

• edited September 2018

The thing that is worrying me is their complete silence about this. Why aren't saying anything about TFS? I mean they posted so many things in their twitter channel, even making a Lilly gif a couple of hours before that announcement, and still they arent saying anything related to TFS and its future.
    If they know they are going to release all the episodes as they are scheduled, why are they so quite in this regard?

• Exactly I will just wait

Yeah. All we can do is wait. Pete really needed to be more specific about the situation and the walking dead's fate. Just made everyone more confused.

• My guess is that they themselves don’t really know if it’ll be completed.

Gauss99 posted: »

The thing that is worrying me is their complete silence about this. Why aren't saying anything about TFS? I mean they posted so many things

• The CEO said Telltale wasn’t shutting down and that those 25 employees will continue.

I guess he meant they weren’t shutting down as of now. He then said he’d make more comments in further weeks.

• I agree, developers and employees who really love and appreciate TFS should work for free to at least give a decent end to this great company that made its name, nein need to polish just throw the missing and good and give a decent end my Clem. I was already going to get much better, nein that has 5 people to finish and finish everything at once and launches the ep.

• Even if it isn't cancelled, Job J Stauffer pretty much ruined the story by spoiling it.

• It's 4:24 midnight and I'm not asleep yet, no this doesn't bother me at all...

• He was fired ages ago, he doesn’t actually know anything.

Thermo1103 posted: »

Even if it isn't cancelled, Job J Stauffer pretty much ruined the story by spoiling it.

• He probably knows some inside sources, I'm pretty sure they'd tell a close employee the details of the story. Or maybe even he had friends who still worked there and told him what happened.

• Uh guys, I think Job was implying that she'd have a badass ending or something or that she'd live off the final season with an open ending. I think he's just upset like the rest of us that the game is cancelled.

• You can't realistically work for free in San Francisco even if you wanted to. The rent prices are insane out there. I'm sure that's part of the reason Telltale collapsed in the end, wages need to be sky high to account for the cost of living.

BigLee posted: »

I agree, developers and employees who really love and appreciate TFS should work for free to at least give a decent end to this great compan

• Sad, but true. If they wanted to finish their season, it would have to be voluntary work. I figure it would take them more time, but we'd still get the game they promised. But to be honest with you guys, I don't know how gaming companies work. I'm just grasping at straws right now.

You can't realistically work for free in San Francisco even if you wanted to. The rent prices are insane out there. I'm sure that's part of the reason Telltale collapsed in the end, wages need to be sky high to account for the cost of living.

• Honestly I think there should be way more panic around here, we're in the end times now.

• So is the rest of the world, whups, did I just spoil ww3?

Plan_R posted: »

Honestly I think there should be way more panic around here, we're in the end times now.

• edited September 2018

It was a few hours ago but most of us are now burned out from it all. Or went to sleep. Shit there’s nothing we can do at this point we are at the mercy of some guy waiting to make a statement on twitter

Honestly I think there should be way more panic around here, we're in the end times now.

• Oh trust me it will, once it starts to set in on how far shit has hit the wall. Things are going to get pretty chaotic around here.

• Preach man. It would be pretty stupid for Telltale to cancel a game that many people, myself included, have purchased and work on a Minecraft Netflix series that nobody asked for

• It would also be stupid to hire people only a week ago - at least one relocating across the country - only to fire them with no severance. I think this whole thing really took people by surprise, there's no plans for something like this happening mid-development.

Preach man. It would be pretty stupid for Telltale to cancel a game that many people, myself included, have purchased and work on a Minecraft Netflix series that nobody asked for

• No, some of us cannot. But what we ALL can do Is wait and be patient about it, whatever happens; words can’t describe how I feel, after all... Silence is a valid option.

And will always be.

• calm down...CALM DOWN OUR WORLD IS ENDING OUT THERE

• My head is spinning!

• Talking about a company's future and what they will do before they shut down must be handled more professionally than just a tweet saying "hey guys look we got some new gifs." I get what you're saying, but I don't think this means anything, yet. I believe we should give them time to make a decision and think about what they need to do before making a statement. Give them a while. I'd say maybe after episode 2 is released is when we should expect a response.

Gauss99 posted: »

The thing that is worrying me is their complete silence about this. Why aren't saying anything about TFS? I mean they posted so many things

• edited September 2018

Here's everything we know for 100% fact.

1. Telltale is closing, aside from 25 members.

2. TWD:TFS is releasing episode 2 on Tuesday September 25th.

3. Netflix deal with TTG for Minecraft Story Mode is still ongoing. Meaning the story and game will continue until further notice.

4. Stranger Things will no longer be made by TTG.

5. TFS and TWAU futures are murky but not confirmed to be cancelled or ongoing. From tweets from people who were fired, TWAU won't release and is cancelled. From tweets from people who were fired, TFS has partially completed episode 3, and the future release of episodes 3 and 4 are unconfirmed and likely cancelled.

Anything else is a guess. Wait until Monday/Wednesday and we should know the future.

• Was the date changed? I thought it was releasing on the 25th.

gta3demon posted: »

Here's everything we know for 100% fact. * Telltale is closing, aside from 25 members. * TWD:TFS is releasing episode 2 on Tuesday S

• And the 22nd is not a Tuesday.

Was the date changed? I thought it was releasing on the 25th.

• My error: You are right.

Was the date changed? I thought it was releasing on the 25th.

• I just really feel bad for all the people who will be losing their jobs. I honestly dont think that finishing up The Final Season of TWD is and should be their priority right now.

That said, usually things like that end up in a take over or being bought out; they dont just shut doors overnight with quite a few projects unfinished. Something strange going on. Is the company going bankrupt that quickly?

This is a sad day indeed. Telltale's Walking Dead games and the characters they have introduced have truly expanded TWD's universe in so many ways. They could have gone on for years doing one game after another set in that world. There was no limit as to how many and what kind of stories they could have told, which is why I found it strange when they decided to make this one the last season. Then again, maybe they knew something we dont.

Such a shame. I hope someone saves the company and all the work and creative endeavors that are just hanging in the air. I certainly want to thank everyone there who has worked on bringing us these amazing games. Sorry to see it end this way.

• It's already done. 250 people were laid off without severance and no longer have a source of income. They kept 25 people to work on a Minecraft project for Netflix.

As for why it seems so sudden, best guess is it's been on the horizon for a while and the CEO was trying to save the company and didn't want to worry anyone or negatively influence TFS sales numbers so he didn't tell anyone but then something happened that finally pushed them over the edge into the abyss with no hope to save it at all.

PoppyP posted: »

I just really feel bad for all the people who will be losing their jobs. I honestly dont think that finishing up The Final Season of TWD is

• Wow. I had no idea. This is so fucking sad.

And from an artistic perspective: there is nothing worse than not being able to finish your story, be it as a writer or the audience. I hate it when things are cancelled on a cliffhanger.

It's already done. 250 people were laid off without severance and no longer have a source of income. They kept 25 people to work on a Minecr

• I'm sorry, I said without thinking.

TeddieSage posted: »

Sad, but true. If they wanted to finish their season, it would have to be voluntary work. I figure it would take them more time, but we'd st

Sign in to comment in this discussion.